Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Every Single Time I get Detective...

I really think of Detective as likely the worst investigative role. Honestly I'd rather role Coroner personally. Detective is nearly totally guessing, and regularly needs to take 2 or 3 nights to gain enough info to be sure his target is evil. If you are in a public game (i.e. the best player in the game) and you have Detective to work with.. best of luck. lol

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I really think of Detective as likely the worst investigative role. Honestly I'd rather role Coroner personally. Detective is nearly totally guessing, and regularly needs to take 2 or 3 nights to gain enough info to be sure his target is evil. If you are in a public game (i.e. the best player in the game) and you have Detective to work with.. best of luck. lol
    disagree, you just need some good player readings. of course n1 and possibly n2 your leads kinda suck, but once you suspect someone of being evil, then its gg for them!

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    disagree, you just need some good player readings. of course n1 and possibly n2 your leads kinda suck, but once you suspect someone of being evil, then its gg for them!
    I don't find it to be any more gg than the other investigative roles.
    Lookout has to be reactant, but gets more sound data. Sheriff is flawless 9/10, and Investigator can answer questions using the info nearly as well as Detective. So if someone is sketch and you target them- Sheriff catches them, unless they are Framer, GF, or Witch. Investigator will get info to match/challenge their role claims, but Detective only picks up killing roles, and roles that alert of their actions (Blackmailer, Arson, Witch, Jester). I think statistically it has less roles it can successfully catch, although it can potentially confirm roles based on their actions, or lack there of. It CAN use people claiming different targets "I hit red." "No, he hit blue, lynch." and challenge evils, but i'd take the others at all times.

It is just my opinion that it is inferior. I am approaching blacklist, and plan on blacklisting Detective. You are entitled to like it.