Ranked vs Custom
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Ranked vs Custom

In light of the discussions on battle.net forums about this map, I must say I am impressed to see the Ranked mode appear.

To calm the spirits, I would suggest that ban list be functional only on Ranked games, and Custom games can have all the trolls in the world. Serious people can have their own system, and trolls can have their own, everyone is happy. Trolling (game throwing, skyping) is fun after all, why punish it? Move the donor benefits to the ranked system, and let the Custom mode get nuts.

Edit: It took me 5 times with this stupid retarded fucking image that you are supposed to copy the word from it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Ranked vs Custom

Quote Originally Posted by BJPage View Post
    In light of the discussions on battle.net forums about this map, I must say I am impressed to see the Ranked mode appear.

To calm the spirits, I would suggest that ban list be functional only on Ranked games, and Custom games can have all the trolls in the world. Serious people can have their own system, and trolls can have their own, everyone is happy. Trolling (game throwing, skyping) is fun after all, why punish it? Move the donor benefits to the ranked system, and let the Custom mode get nuts.

Edit: It took me 5 times with this stupid retarded fucking image that you are supposed to copy the word from it.
    Hm. K-V list still applicable?

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    What image?
    And I might be okay with this... lol
    Although there aren't any donor benefits for the like 50th time.
    Off topic: WTF, everytime I want to post I get this stupid image verification. Like just because one russian bot got through doesn't mean we have to do this fking Image verification every time.

I didn't mean that donors get benefits, but the things initially intended for donors, the -pick -blacklist kind of commands, not sure what to call them.
    Oh and I would suggest not having those in Ranked games for obvious reasons.

Edit: No I would suggest just warnings that this person is in KV Watchlist or Banlist or no warnings at all.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    im disapointed with the new ranked/custom split, it just makes it harder to find a match, shouldve just been an option in game that added more clauses to the game. now i have to wait 10mins between games if not more to play a single game of mafia. all around it just discourages chaining mafia matches.
    Off topic: Please make this gay captcha go away. this is my 5th attempt at guessing wtf it says.
    How about 10 posts and no more captcha ?

Dude it just came out today. Most people have no idea about it, it is not default. Awareness will be raised and you will have quick fill ups in both.
    Last edited by BJPage; August 22nd, 2012 at 05:23 PM.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Off topic: Please make this gay capcha go away. this is my 5th attempt at guessing wtf it says.
    How about 10 posts and no more capcha?

Dude it just came out today. Most people have no idea about it, it is not default. Awareness will be raised and you will have quick fill ups in both.
    its been out for like a week or so now on the american server, i see no change in the player base or difference in wait time between matches, it takes too long as it is. where i can go to PO and play a game of their mafia with no animation, all text based, instantly with 50 other players. im just saying we need more players to fill the matches quicker, and hopefully newer players to play with instead of the same 40 people.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    its been out for like a week or so now on the american server, i see no change in the player base or difference in wait time between matches, it takes too long as it is. where i can go to PO and play a game of their mafia with no animation, all text based, instantly with 50 other players. im just saying we need more players to fill the matches quicker, and hopefully newer players to play with instead of the same 40 people.
    What are you talking about a week, 1.5.2 came out yday on NA and today I saw the update that said stuff about ranked, asked someone and found out about it. Obviously no one knows anything about it and today is the first day something about it was mentioned on the loading screen.

Edit: Ok, I am just saying that I played Maf daily and I never noticed anything, so others are likely in the same situation. Give it a bit more and you will have a really nice flow.

Edit2: Someone already mentioned that it would separate veterans from idiots. Seems like the perfect idea, idiots get to be idiots, troll and learn, and veterans can have serious games where town is not retarded. Where do you see anything bad? Your main argument was the wait time, and I assure you that will change soon.
    Last edited by BJPage; August 22nd, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

15. ISO #15

the ranked/custom split was a few days ago...... *loads up replay from then* checks date.... it was def like last week or so

---------------------------------------------

edit - i am just so wrong, it was aug 21 at 6:57pm.

my bad everyone for wrong info. but my stance stays the same, i think its bad to split up matches like that
    Last edited by kyle1234513; August 22nd, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    For newer users to prevent bots
    Are you sure?Attachment 5735
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM8 - Bebe(Citizen) FM9-Prokofi(German Medic) FM10- CptKirk(Citizen) FM11 - Caitlyn(Abstergo Agent/Citizen)
    M-FM1-Veteran(Durante) M-FM2-Detective M-FM 4- Student(Nina Einstein) M-FM6- Armorsmith
    Misc: Why-FOM (M-FM 1), SFM: The Experiment: Hosted

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Fixt.

But let's try to stay on topic. Who else supports the idea of moderating ranked games only?
    where did this even come from? why would only ranked games be moderated? if anything, they shouldn't be moderated, cuz they have a much higher quality player base excluding myself.

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    where did this even come from? why would only ranked games be moderated? if anything, they shouldn't be moderated, cuz they have a much higher quality player base excluding myself.
    No Boss that's a stupid idea, that would mean anyone can troll and gamethrow on ranked games and not get punished as long as they stick to ranked games.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31