Thinking about running away from home
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Thinking about running away from home

I'm going through some tough times in life as it seems. I have beenthinking about running away from home, my parents want me always out of the house, and not to like go out and play. But to really stay out of the house. I have been putting my hands on my little brother's neck. I feel like I put all my anger into him.

I feel like my parents would be happier if I was away from the house for awhile. But I don't know what to do, life is just playing with me as if I am a toy.
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to makeup for our mistakes because in doing so... we can move from our past mistakes towards a brighter future."

2. ISO #2

Re: Thinking about running away from home

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Red View Post
    I'm going through some tough times in life as it seems. I have beenthinking about running away from home, my parents want me always out of the house, and not to like go out and play. But to really stay out of the house. I have been putting my hands on my little brother's neck. I feel like I put all my anger into him.

I feel like my parents would be happier if I was away from the house for awhile. But I don't know what to do, life is just playing with me as if I am a toy.
    Don't do that, nothing good will come from it. I'm sure your parents loves you and always want you

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    You're a kid. "MY LIFE IS SO TOUGH "

This is the door JSaint opened. Great.
    In case you didn't read the Serious Discussion rules, I suggest you read this.

Don't reply to horrible threads just to make fun of how horrible they are

If you think a thread is useless, don't bump it by posting in it. That's what General Discussion is for.

You can check for yourself.
    "No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to makeup for our mistakes because in doing so... we can move from our past mistakes towards a brighter future."

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I think that you will find great ppl on this forum willing to listen to you and talking is always a good thing. I would also recommend, again not knowing your age but seeing that you live with your parents, that you turn to a stable adults that you trust and IS qualified to help, school counselors or teacher. I'm pretty sure that your community could have ressources for you too. if not, your province/state and country have help line for all sort of scenario.

Finally I don't know you , nor your parents, all I can say with certainty is this, no matter how bad you were, or how bad your parents are, as you there are doing their best, and sometimes that just doesn't cut it. they maybe exasperated for whatever situation, and some of it may not be because of you, but pressures from different front, ex. money, work etc could built up tension to the point that they do not have the patience they would like to have towards you. Everyone as faults.

what you need to accept is that you have only control over yourself. Are you doing everything that you can. if the answer is yes, then seek outside help. but running away, it's like a boomerang, your problems come back at you faster and stronger every time.

I can help you find appropriate help, help line, support group etc.. the rest, is up to you. communication is the key, but there is a lot of frustration to be had before progress can be made.

good luck buddy

Last edited by Menautor; July 28th, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Cinotpyrc View Post
    How old are you?
    I'd rather keep that to myself.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

All I know is God bless the mod who moved this from SERIOUS discussion. I've personally never had this issue, but this seems bogus. Why don't you grow a pair of balls and ASK your parents how they feel instead of bitching to us. Jesus Christ.

14. ISO #14

Indeed, I've opened Pandora's box. In my defence, I did post it in Circlejerk, For the freedom to say what I want, and if I should at that point, lose all control and unleash my rage on the trolls like Hulk, it'd be no problem ;)

Alright, back to the problem at hand.

Come here Red, have a seat and some hot cocoa.

I had such issues when I was a kid before, no doubt I was probably more obedient and mostly socially awkward. In fact, I have run away from home for about a day, fortunately in a small country of mine and eventually made my way back. Nothing much to brag about.

Anyhow, I just wish to quickly address certain issues. What is it about your parents that you are unhappy about? Is it that they are abusive and hit you often without reason? Is it that they lock you up in your room and only feed you one meal a day or perhaps in three days? Have you been sexually abused by any of them?

If the answer to all of this questions is 'No', I'd like to suggest you in an OK home. Perhaps there are things I don't quite know about, feel free to talk about these things.

Let me just get on with the topic of running away from home and what it's like. I'll just tell you about a 40 year old friend of mine that shared his experience. He went through a tough time in his younger days, and he lost his job and was kicked out of his living place. For a little while, he slept in open parks, using stuffing scraps of used discarded newspaper inside his clothes to keep warm. He bathed in the middle of the night when no one was looking when the park irrigation system went out, and he begged for money for food, and trust me, when people look at an able bodied young man that is able to find work without a disability, they aren't really quite as caring as you think.

When he recalled that experience due to an incident that occured, it brought tears to that grown man's eyes.

If you want to move out, you're going to need money, and by money I mean savings. You need it to rent a place so you won't have to live in a park, you need it to buy food so you won't go hungry, you'll need it for clothes so you won't walk around naked, you'll need it for the internet if you want to come online consistently.

You don't just need money for one month. You need it constantly and consistently. For that, you need a long term job.

If you run away, your responsibilites grow alot bigger. Let's assume you manage to get a stable job that allows you to pay the bills. What's gonna happen when you lose your job? Bills still need to be payed. You obviously need food. Oops there goes your internet. Maybe u could talk to your landlord for a chance to delay the rent while you find a new job, if it doesn't work, you're out on the street.

When that happens and you get desperate, you'll do anything for a place to stay and food, and people will take advantage of that. I'm not going to go through too much of those details.

I could be supportive and say 'Your parents really suck! You should totally do it!' But as someone older than knows the consequences, I feel it is my duty to inform you of these things, so you will not do it. It doesn't give me a nice feeling to say all this ugly stuff, believe it or not.

If you just want to rant about your parents, I'm free for one at Skype, where you could just rant all your anger out and just forget about it, feel free to drop me a PM on the forums, but think carefully before you decide to move out.
    Last edited by JSaint; July 28th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

15. ISO #15

honestly, don't mean to be a dick... but personally as someone who grew up in a shitty abusive poverty stricken household... suck it up... I got kicked out by 16 because my moms boyfriend didn't want me living there because I stood up to him and threatened to kill him for beating my mother... did I sulk?.. no I went on welfare for 3 months got a job and have been on my own ever since... I got an education and made my life better, and I now take care of my mother and grandmother at MY place...

This sense of entitlement now and days is ridiculous... like you are entitled to a good household and a perfect lifestyle... if you don't like your life the way it is, do something about it... no one is going to give you life on a silver platter... you feel you need to leave the house to make yourself feel better, do it... but remember there are people out there that would kill to have a roof over their heads and to feel a slight amount of love and affection from their parents... sorry to break the news to you, life sucks... only you yourself can make it better... now quit bitchin, and get an education and career then you never have to look back... or leave now and struggle to get ahead like I did for almost a decade...

Remember there are people out there that have it WAY worse then you, and they make something of their lives... whining about petty shit is annoying to me, because you don't know what a hard life is... get off the forums and work harder in school... you want anything outah life, get an education... don't leave home till you absolutely have to, because this world sucks...
    Spoiler : FM History :
    S-FM: Dust's Cop Insanity-Sheriff-LoseMFMVIII-Consigliere-Win"Aspiring Newcomer"M-FMIX-Vigilante-Win S-FM MexianStandoffII-Bandit-Win-"MVPStopTheBomb!-Citizen-Win Army Men S-FM-Mason Leader-Lose WitchCrisis&Kybukakke-Citizen-[COLOR="#FF0000"]Lose[/COLOR

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by SirBlayzalot View Post
    honestly, don't mean to be a dick... but personally as someone who grew up in a shitty abusive poverty stricken household... suck it up... I got kicked out by 16 because my moms boyfriend didn't want me living there because I stood up to him and threatened to kill him for beating my mother... did I sulk?.. no I went on welfare for 3 months got a job and have been on my own ever since... I got an education and made my life better, and I now take care of my mother and grandmother at MY place...

This sense of entitlement now and days is ridiculous... like you are entitled to a good household and a perfect lifestyle... if you don't like your life the way it is, do something about it... no one is going to give you life on a silver platter... you feel you need to leave the house to make yourself feel better, do it... but remember there are people out there that would kill to have a roof over their heads and to feel a slight amount of love and affection from their parents... sorry to break the news to you, life sucks... only you yourself can make it better... now quit bitchin, and get an education and career then you never have to look back... or leave now and struggle to get ahead like I did for almost a decade...

Remember there are people out there that have it WAY worse then you, and they make something of their lives... whining about petty shit is annoying to me, because you don't know what a hard life is... get off the forums and work harder in school... you want anything outah life, get an education... don't leave home till you absolutely have to, because this world sucks...
    THANK YOU.

Kids like Pokemon need to grow the fuck up.

"My parents won't buy me a $60 dollar game! I hate them!"

They obviously provide you with internet, a computer, Starcraft 2. But no, you're right, they fucking hate your guts.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Nick is right. But SirBlayzalot makes a good point too but maybe a little too harsh. I feel for you Sir, but everyone is different. where you found the strength to empower yourself and took control, other can fall apart. Bottom line as Sir said, and as I like to say, we all survive our childhood. no ones is perfect but some are more tolerable than others.

Get the help and support you need to get over this. don't jump from the frying pan into the fire. No one can tell you what is best for you other than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Some of the responses here are the reason why kids wanna run away from home.

Kid: Mom, I'm sad...
    Mom: Suck it up!
    Kid: Dad, nobody wants to be fr...
    Dad: Men don't whine!
    Kid: ...
    Plato: No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding.
    Plato: You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

20. ISO #20

Some of the responses here are the reason why kids wanna run away from home.

Kid: Mom, I'm sad...
    Mom: Suck it up!
    Kid: Dad, nobody wants to be fr...
    Dad: Men don't whine!
    Kid: ...
    Kids run away from home because they don't wanna grow up and assume responsibility.
    If I have a 16-17-18 year old who feels that way they are more than obliged to try it on their own if they think they can hack it.
    Until then, they need to learn to be adults. You don't learn to be an adult by not having a job or doing chores around the house or by getting everything you want as soon as you want it.

I digress, though, we don't know much about Pokemon Trainer's life. I do have to say he doesn't strike me as someone who is particularly adult, however.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Kids run away from home because they don't wanna grow up and assume responsibility.
    If I have a 16-17-18 year old who feels that way they are more than obliged to try it on their own if they think they can hack it.
    Until then, they need to learn to be adults. You don't learn to be an adult by not having a job or doing chores around the house or by getting everything you want as soon as you want it.

I digress, though, we don't know much about Pokemon Trainer's life. I do have to say he doesn't strike me as someone who is particularly adult, however.
    He's not that old

i<3cryptonic

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

the reason I said what I said is because I saw that people around me had it even worse then I did... I grew up in a bad neighbourhood... so I had no reason to complain for what I got, atleast I was still alive... never got molested.. things coulda been a lot worse.. and I was thankful for that.... he needs to see that it could be a hell of a lot worse... and hopefully takes inspiration to get off his ass and forget everything and work towards a better future... cause really, even though people are supportive on here... no one gives a shit what is happening in your life because we have our own problems... you want advice, take heed to mine... it is the best advice you will ever get... welcome to the world
    S-FM: Dust's Cop Insanity-Sheriff-LoseMFMVIII-Consigliere-Win"Aspiring Newcomer"M-FMIX-Vigilante-Win S-FM MexianStandoffII-Bandit-Win-"MVPStopTheBomb!-Citizen-Win Army Men S-FM-Mason Leader-Lose WitchCrisis&Kybukakke-Citizen-[COLOR="#FF0000"]Lose[/COLOR

24. ISO #24

With your background, aren't you supposed to understand such fears and insecurity more?

On to another topic...

Two types:
    1) I had it hard but I manage to make it out. Those who fail to do so deserve no pity.
    2) I'm lucky to make it out. I wish I had more support during the terrifying journey. I will help those in need.

25. ISO #25

Two types:
    1) I had it hard but I manage to make it out. Those who fail to do so and bitch about it deserve no pity.
    fix'd

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    You're a kid. "MY LIFE IS SO TOUGH ".
    In case you didn't read the Serious Discussion rules, I suggest you read this.

Don't reply to horrible threads just to make fun of how horrible they are

If you think a thread is useless, don't bump it by posting in it. That's what General Discussion is for.

You can check for yourself.
    I see serious answer given. There are kids out there that get abused by their parents beyond what you could possibly even think; there are people out there that have to go to serious extremes just to survive in this world. So quit bitchin' about how life sucks cuz it don't. If you run from your problems then you are a pussy.
    Hi there.

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Portaloo View Post
    I see serious answer given. There are kids out there that get abused by their parents beyond what you could possibly even think; there are people out there that have to go to serious extremes just to survive in this world. So quit bitchin' about how life sucks cuz it don't. If you run from your problems then you are a pussy.
    This^... if you ask advice don't expect everything to be kittens and rainbows... my advice is serious and probably the best advice you can get... if you are just looking for a pity party then don't ask questions... just post about how terrible your situation is, and people will probably give you some sort of apathetic empathy... but really, roof over your head, 2 parents... don't expect sympathy from me`

29. ISO #29

This^... if you ask advice don't expect everything to be kittens and rainbows... my advice is serious and probably the best advice you can get... if you are just looking for a pity party then don't ask questions... just post about how terrible your situation is, and people will probably give you some sort of apathetic empathy... but really, roof over your head, 2 parents... don't expect sympathy from me`
    I like kittens and rainbows
    But seriously, yes, you can't expect everyone to be nice with you when you ask for advice

30. ISO #30

This thread is a great example of why not to look for sympathy on the internet.
    If you need advice or want to talk to someone else about problems at home, my suggestion is to go see a counselor at school(that is if you're still at school), not the internet :P

If you're some 40 year old man that still lives in your parents house because you failed to work for your future when you had a chance, well there isn't much help for you in this society I'm afraid. You're gonna have to figure it out for yourself.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

31. ISO #31