User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

The pains of being a jailor

What should happen:

Jailor: ROLE OR DIE
    Inmate: invest
    Jailor: ok, leads?
    Inmate: red weapons, blue loner, black knives.

What really happens:

Inmate: wtf im inno
    Inmate: come on bro dont be bad town loses if you kill me
    Jailor: leads?
    *long pause*
    Inmate: I am invest dont kill
    *Acting pretty scummy...*
    *You decide to execute inmate*

OR

*nothing*
    *You decide to execute inmate*

Inmate was executed in his jail cell... He was an investigator!

Failor
    FAILOR
    OMG LOL
    FAILORS GOING TO FAIL
    LYNCH SO FAILRO CANT FAIL AGAIN
    ect...

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: The pains of being a jailor

A jailor should only execute when he is 100% sure the person is an evil role. Conducting a kill based on gut feeling often results in a wasted kill and an innocent member dead. While of course there are situations where he can conduct a rational process of reasoning to figure out who is who and who isn't what they claim, it's not safe to execute early in the game on gut alone.

Unless they claim doctor and SK kills roleblockers. Then it's safe to execute.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by McKinley View Post
    A jailor should only execute when he is 100% sure the person is an evil role. Conducting a kill based on gut feeling often results in a wasted kill and an innocent member dead. While of course there are situations where he can conduct a rational process of reasoning to figure out who is who and who isn't what they claim, it's not safe to execute early in the game on gut alone.

wrong. a jailor that doesnt use his abilities and dies is a wasted jailor.

u are needed town kpn. u should only jail ppl who are suspicious anyways so u should always exec. if u die with all ur execs left u are more worthless than a citizen.
    Im the master of the watch vigilante if u see me u know theres gunna be a world of pain unleashed

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Burnteskimo IIl. View Post
    wrong. a jailor that doesnt use his abilities and dies is a wasted jailor.

u are needed town kpn. u should only jail ppl who are suspicious anyways so u should always exec. if u die with all ur execs left u are more worthless than a citizen.
    An unused execution is better than a doctor, investigator, sheriff, and so forth dying the same night you also die.

7. ISO #7

this is how jailor should do it, every single night jail someone, NEVER execute n1 no matter what they claim.

last will every single person u jailed and their nights. now assemble a list of what people claim.

now if you find any discrepencies between people u jail the first person u jailed and ask for their leads, if all they give are dead people roles u kill them. if they give some viable leads u execute the other person instead.

only if the person is susp by the town should u execute.

or if ur me u jail the mayor/donor who reveals day 1 and shouts red is mafia (ofc u execute n1)

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513 View Post
    this is how jailor should do it, every single night jail someone, NEVER execute n1 no matter what they claim.

last will every single person u jailed and their nights. now assemble a list of what people claim.

now if you find any discrepencies between people u jail the first person u jailed and ask for their leads, if all they give are dead people roles u kill them. if they give some viable leads u execute the other person instead.

only if the person is susp by the town should u execute.

or if ur me u jail the mayor/donor who reveals day 1 and shouts red is mafia (ofc u execute n1)
    Donor has nothing to do with that entire situation.

9. ISO #9

An unused execution is better than a doctor, investigator, sheriff, and so forth dying the same night you also die.
    fail logic.

A used execution is better than a SK, Godfather, Mafioso, Consig, Janitor, Arsonist dying the same night you also die.
    Im the master of the watch vigilante if u see me u know theres gunna be a world of pain unleashed

10. ISO #10

Donor has nothing to do with that entire situation.

donors often choose mayor when they want to troll a game or two, they also often try to ruin the game for their own pleasure. so i make it my duty when jailor to kill these players who are attempting to ruin the game as soon as possible. any killer role i target trolls/gamethrowers asap. its just that donor trolls are far more annoying than regular trolls.

11. ISO #11

donors often chose mayor when they want to troll a game or two, they also often try to ruin the game for their own pleasure. so i make it my duty when jailor to kill these players who are attempting to ruin the game as soon as possible. any killer role i target trolls/gamethrowers asap. its just that donor trolls are far more annoying than regular trolls.
    Donor do not have any in-game benefits anymore, its now on a point system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    You should be priviledged to experience bestmas.

"waah the screen is shaking, waah my delicate eyes".

Fuck sake.

12. ISO #12

donors often choose mayor when they want to troll a game or two, they also often try to ruin the game for their own pleasure. so i make it my duty when jailor to kill these players who are attempting to ruin the game as soon as possible. any killer role i target trolls/gamethrowers asap. its just that donor trolls are far more annoying than regular trolls.
    Nothing to do with donors. It's how many points someone has. ANYONE can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusco View Post
    Dirty fucking swiss neutral

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by AppleyNO View Post
    Donor do not have any in-game benefits anymore, its now on a point system.
    i know that, but they still have a colord/longer name and its quite frankly more annoying. and of course "hes a donor lets not target him he must be good even tho hes trolling" is what the standard noob might think.

14. ISO #14

i know that, but they still have a colord/longer name and its quite frankly more annoying. and of course "hes a donor lets not target him he must be good even tho hes trolling" is what the standard noob might think.
    Everything is on a point system. Donors make up .01% of the troll population. You just made my list.
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

15. ISO #15

EVERYONE has the color/longer name when you get 5k points.

16. ISO #16

im just gunna flat out say it here, 1/10 games i join theres a colored/long name and everything they say is nonsense and they make acqusations without proof, what would you have me do against them? often times they spam the chat log with their phony evidence, i call them donors because their name is posted saying "XXXXX" is a donor.... colored/long name has moved into town!.... game starts!!.... spam begins

17. ISO #17

You're obviously making yourself out as the standard noob and how they might think.

18. ISO #18

im just gunna flat out say it here, 1/10 games i join theres a colored/long name and everything they say nonsense and make acqusations without proof, what would you have me do against them? often times they spam the chat log with their phony evidence, i call them donors because their name is posted saying "XXXXX" is a donor.... colored/long name has moved into town!.... game starts!!.... spam begins
    Wait...where's the QQ thread? I need to help this guy find his way there....
    call the WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMBULANCE!!!

Spoiler : I found it! :
    Last edited by Blazer; July 21st, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: wah?

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

which as why as jailor <--- what this thread pertains to, is what i would do if jailor and i see such a person in the match.
    Let me spell it out for you. -Everyone- can have a long, colored name. The benefits one were awarded for donating have been removed, and now anyone that gets over 5,000 points for achieveing wins and through the achievement system, are able to use a colored, long name.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Lol. People act like donors lost their benefits with the pay 2 play removal. DarkRev gave donors all the points to do what they originally could do. Nothing changed, its just now technically anyone can grind out 6 pts a game and get the same benefits.

24. ISO #24

ill be a failor 1000x over before i let a single person ruin the game for other players. winning/losing isnt important, its all about the game itself and all of its glory.
    At least we can agree on that

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by Burnteskimo IIl. View Post
    Lol. People act like donors lost their benefits with the pay 2 play removal. DarkRev gave donors all the points to do what they originally could do. Nothing changed, its just now technically anyone can grind out 6 pts a game and get the same benefits.
    I already had my points in-game before that happened, actually. And I never requested him to award me points, either. Not everyone asked to get something in return for -donating- on my own accord.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

would you also agree that in some* games such a player does* exist, reguardless of how often*, and what measures can be done against such a player mid game
    You stress on words has me confused. Let's spell it out. I admit that there are players who do indeed troll in the game and will purposefully gamethrow. I do not mind killing said players to keep them from spoiling the game for the rest of the players. Even if I die myself.

That's what you meant right?

And yes I agree. I TKed hackers in CoD4 all the time until they left.

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    You stress on words has me confused. Let's spell it out. I admit that there are players who do indeed troll in the game and will purposefully gamethrow. I do not mind killing said players to keep them from spoiling the game for the rest of the players. Even if I die myself.

That's what you meant right?

And yes I agree. I TKed hackers in CoD4 all the time until they left.
    yes, thats exactly what i ment. this whole thing was blown way out of proportion from 1 little line of text from the start.

29. ISO #29

yes, thats exactly what i ment. this whole thing was blown way out of proportion from 1 little line of text from the start.
    Yes. The misconception was the majority of them were donors and only the donors had such abilities.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

I already had my points in-game before that happened, actually. And I never requested him to award me points, either. Not everyone asked to get something in return for -donating- on my own accord.
    obviously you wouldnt because you didnt have to get ur pts back to use ur abilities. if u didnt have enough pts to get ur abilities than u wouldve cried about it 100%

32. ISO #32

Not always true. There will be game where information is scarce and you need to use your intuition to make a good call. It may not always work, but sometimes a correct guess can swing the tables.

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by EliteMarine View Post
    Not always true. There will be game where information is scarce and you need to use your intuition to make a good call. It may not always work, but sometimes a correct guess can swing the tables.
    You'll note in that same paragraph that I annotate that I'm implying the core message of that paragraph's implication to the early game, not the latter where information has not been given and you lack any official reason to conduct a kill based on gut feeling alone.

34. ISO #34

I think my tactic for being jailer seems to work a pretty large amount of the time. Occasionally I do have the old newbie/idiot who doesn't comply and I mis-execute them, making me look bad. This method shows to me that for the most part they are all some form of evil role.

To Mckinley above me: I know what you mean about say, obviously asking an investigator for leads night one or something silly. I am mostly talking about say night three or four onwards when information is compiled and they don't provide anything lead related. Of course if I had jailed someone who claimed a role different to what an 'investigator' says, there's something suspicious there? Forgive me if this doesn't make sense, I am still slightly hung over.
    Last edited by Mack The Knife; July 21st, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

35. ISO #35

Bull. Complete bull

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Bull. Complete bull
    it really isnt, so often do i see a donor is in the room, and oh look, hes mayor... whats that? reveal on day 1???? now why would he do that.

now he requests everyone to pm him their role, cuz hes confirmed town ofc.

this is all on the record, i think donors are often trolls and some just want to play the game ofc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

off the record, i think every last one of them is a troll and thats WHY they donate in the first place. so they can troll games and screw people over for their own gain.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

My jailor strategy:
    During Day
    Observe the activity levels of other town members (voting/talking) during day
    Choose someone who appears to be trying to remain inconspicuous.

In Jail
    Demand a role claim
    if they refuse to claim, execute.
    if they claim an excluded/impossible role, execute.
    if they start trolling/insulting the jailor, execute.
    if they refuse to speak at all, execute.
    if they are obvious scum that town seems to refuse to lynch, execute.
    If they claim a neutral role such as survivor, and town is not in danger of losing majority that night, execute. No sense taking the chance that they won't side with mafia.

Reasoning: When you are jailed, you are 100% sure the person you are jailed BY is town (because no evil roles have that ability) therefore being anything but entirely cooperative is playing against the goals of town. If you work against the goals of town, the jailor should kill you. Exceptions are for example, if I have a limited number of kills and want to save the last one for an end game upset victory. But that is rare.

I have about a 75-80% success rate, and most of the town that I accidentally kill are either AFKers or people who act retarded in jail because they don't know how to play the game properly.

39. ISO #39

So, Every time you see a guy with a colored name you think DONOR!!?

Edit: donor's dont get any game abilities. It unlock-able by points. Not all Donor's are trolls and Donor's are not the worst trolls. This is my point
    no its called "xxx is a donor!!!" apears on my screen after the lobby to game screen. oh look, we have a colord/long name in the room and what a surprise hes trolling. waits till end of game, oh look, donor was trolling the whole game what a surprise.

i understand anyone can have a colord/long name, the point im trying to make here is that out of 10 trolls i see 2 are donors, 5 are above 5k points, and 3 are total randoms being standard gamethrowers. i call them donors because almost all donors i see are trolls.

maybe its total coincidence the ones i run into are trolling this 1 and only game for their once in a blue moon trolling fix. but it just leads me to believe that all donors are trolls.

this has all been speculation from all of my matches and run ins with donors and regular players.

40. ISO #40

it really isnt, so often do i see a donor is in the room, and oh look, hes mayor... whats that? reveal on day 1???? now why would he do that.

now he requests everyone to pm him their role, cuz hes confirmed town ofc.

this is all on the record, i think donors are often trolls and some just want to play the game ofc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

off the record, i think every last one of them is a troll and thats WHY they donate in the first place. so they can troll games and screw people over for their own gain.
    I quoted it. It's on the record now. I have teh proof. And your mean. Donor =/= troll. I did NOT donate to TROLL. I can do that just fine on my own...when I want to...I donated because I want to see this custom game grow and develop. It's a great game, and now I think the site is pretty legit and fun to be on. Especially with the SFMs and MFMs and stuff xD

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

I quoted it. It's on the record now. I have teh proof. And your mean. Donor =/= troll. I did NOT donate to TROLL. I can do that just fine on my own...when I want to...I donated because I want to see this custom game grow and develop. It's a great game, and now I think the site is pretty legit and fun to be on. Especially with the SFMs and MFMs and stuff xD
    free game, if it is to grow its because of hard work by the creator, period. its his to do with as he pleases. i will never pay to play a free game, never cash shop or anything of the sort. its either free or pay and get everything the game has to offer, i dont believe in unfair advantages.

that being said, if that were true then donors would accept no reward in return at all, they wouldnt be buying anything but rather doing exactly what u said, helping the game grow. but they are offered something in return, so there goes that option right out the window cuz of greed/corruption.

i do believe its true that most* of the donors out there arent trolls and they gave their money for both the exapansion of the game AND the benefits. but on occasion the matches that say XXX is a donor.... are almost always trolls. the game ive been in at least.

43. ISO #43

This.

44. ISO #44

free game, if it is to grow its because of hard work by the creator, period. its his to do with as he pleases. i will never pay to play a free game, never cash shop or anything of the sort. its either free or pay and get everything the game has to offer, i dont believe in unfair advantages.

that being said, if that were true then donors would accept no reward in return at all, they wouldnt be buying anything but rather doing exactly what u said, helping the game grow. but they are offered something in return, so there goes that option right out the window cuz of greed/corruption.

i do believe its true that most* of the donors out there arent trolls and they gave their money for both the exapansion of the game AND the benefits. but on occasion the matches that say XXX is a donor.... are almost always trolls. the game ive been in at least.
    Donor's dont get any in game abilities. None whatsoever

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

i didnt use the word abilities once in that whole paragraph, please stop just trying to go against me for posts but actually try to say something.
    Ok, let's try again:
    Before, the Donor's were getting 'rewards' (aka In game abilities) for giving money to Dark Rev. You posted this
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234513
    i dont believe in unfair advantages.

that being said, if that were true then donors would accept no reward in return at all
    The rewards (In game Abilities) got taken away and since then Donor's that have donated do so to see the game grow.

For no reward! (In game abilities) Do you understand now? or should i simplify it more for you?

47. ISO #47

Ok, let's try again:
    Before, the Donor's were getting 'rewards' (aka In game abilities) for giving money to Dark Rev. You posted this

The rewards (In game Abilities) got taken away and since then Donor's that have donated do so to see the game grow.

For no reward! (In game abilities) Do you understand now? or should i simplify it more for you?
    in what universe does the word reward also indicate ability? i dont see it, maybe you do. if u quoted the WHOLE THING you would see the first section was me giving info about myself personaly and generally about all games. but since u clearly misunderstood i have to simplify and explain things further for you, and only you. im done with this topic, not feeding posts anymore. if u need another lesson feel free to PM.

48. ISO #48

in what universe does the word reward also indicate ability? i dont see it, maybe you do. if u quoted the WHOLE THING you would see the first section was me giving info about myself personaly and generally about all games. but since u clearly misunderstood i have to simplify and explain things further for you, and only you. im done with this topic, not feeding posts anymore. if u need another lesson feel free to PM.
    Im talking about THIS situations with THIS site and THIS game on sc2. how is THAT lost on you? how? i made it perfectly clear!

But, like you, im done here to. Your obviously to narrow minded to understand what im saying about THIS situation

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50