Didn't get Exec win because I killed jester?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Didn't get Exec win because I killed jester?

I was playing executioner and my target turned out to be a jester at the end. The game was ending (literally me, a town and a mafia member left the following day) but I lost because I got killed due to jester grief and the "executioner must survive to the end" is enabled.

Is this an intentional game mechanic? I really wanted my executioner win but I felt like the game setup screwed me over.

Any thoughts?

2. ISO #2

Re: Didn't get Exec win because I killed jester?

Quote Originally Posted by twoinchesofpain View Post
    I was playing executioner and my target turned out to be a jester at the end. The game was ending (literally me, a town and a mafia member left the following day) but I lost because I got killed due to jester grief and the "executioner must survive to the end" is enabled.

Is this an intentional game mechanic? I really wanted my executioner win but I felt like the game setup screwed me over.

Any thoughts?
    You got unlucky. If must survive til end is on, you have to actually survive til the end
    Last edited by DJarJar; March 31st, 2019 at 04:01 PM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

3. ISO #3

In my opinion, Executioners should not be required to survive to the end. If they have to survive, then they're practically a Survivor with an extra win condition.

When all is said and done, it's up to the creator of the save.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Unlucky.. i've had that happen to me as well. But I love being on the other end of that xD I've been Jester where I was an exe's target lol

Side note: I always have exec survive till end on. I feel like without it, the executioner is just far too powerful of a role. Once he wins he effectively becomes a NI 'idgaf' slot. Town will never waste the lynch on him, and scum wont waste the time hitting him. Hell, even if he has to survive until the end he is still that powerful late game. It is mainly just to curve all the D2 exe "sheriff x is mafia" kinda claims as well as the excessive trolling that a lot of exes do after they have won.

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

7. ISO #7

Just very bad luck. I don't think it's justifying a change in mechanics, though. I however agree with Omega on the point that Exe should NEVER have to survive until the end.

Also it's hard not to lynch freely your exec target... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasaur View Post
    In my opinion, Executioners should not be required to survive to the end. If they have to survive, then they're practically a Survivor with an extra win condition.

When all is said and done, it's up to the creator of the save.
    most of the time night immunity is on, its better than Survivor and easier to survive with lol.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Exe is easier to survive with than Survivor? I must be doing something wrong then.
    Definitely. You give a fake lead to get a guy lynched, then say “ez exec win lmao”, and then pretty much nobody will touch you unless a Marshall reveals.

In comparison if you ever openly claim as survivor there is a solid chance you will be lynched if there is ever a day the town has no leads.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

11. ISO #11

Only time I have gotten off free for claiming Survivor was when I PM'd Mayor to up me to trial so I can fakeclaim BG then be inno'd to bait and waste the Mafia kill next night. Proved my claim and proved my allegiance.

Give town a reason to use you if you want to open claim. Being passive with your claim will usually always get you lynched.