S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    its like you're learning my meta
    Possibly. I don't think we have ever played together. I have been following Mesks game that you are in but cant say much because its still ongoing.

I am going to head out in a bit but before I do I will throw out some thoughts on you. That last post you made is the second one that looked to me like Triad signaling his team and many of your posts look to come from a non-town perspective.

I specifically asked you if you were the switcher because off the top of my head you seemed to have some aversion to the conversation on the switcher. I will have to read back through but I genuinely suspect you right now above any other player. Its nothing solid but it is of note.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Interesting how fast after Frinckles unvoted me Marino followed.
    Alignment tells are not a thing in this game. Traid don't know their team mates.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Possibly. I don't think we have ever played together. I have been following Mesks game that you are in but cant say much because its still ongoing.

I am going to head out in a bit but before I do I will throw out some thoughts on you. That last post you made is the second one that looked to me like Triad signaling his team and many of your posts look to come from a non-town perspective.

I specifically asked you if you were the switcher because off the top of my head you seemed to have some aversion to the conversation on the switcher. I will have to read back through but I genuinely suspect you right now above any other player. Its nothing solid but it is of note.
    word

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I think frinckles can be town. @Frinckles feel free to jump in my pocket.
    *sends friend request*
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

6. ISO #156

I get switcher vibes more from Martin. Both of them seemed reluctant to discuss switcher theories, but between the two of them Martin was the one who tried to push it elsewhere. Frinckles just let it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

7. ISO #157

I think frinckles can be town. @Frinckles feel free to jump in my pocket.
    Welcome to the game Ma-- Oberon.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

8. ISO #158

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I get switcher vibes more from Martin. Both of them seemed reluctant to discuss switcher theories, but between the two of them Martin was the one who tried to push it elsewhere. Frinckles just let it happen.
    Were my points and concerns valid though?

Or do you really think that just because of where those points could've moved that discussion, that is therefore AI of me?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #159

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

@Auwt, please clarify the following:
    Infinite looping does not work, this includes :
    -Two players driving each other will result in any of them moving.
    -Two players hiding at each other places will result in any of them moving.

What does 'any of them moving' mean? Does one of them get picked at random?

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Were my points and concerns valid though?

Or do you really think that just because of where those points could've moved that discussion, that is therefore AI of me?
    Your points seemed more focused on TPR and Bus Driver related concerns (specifically focusing on the Hunter's night kill). Your interaction with Frinckles also felt very scripted to me.

13. ISO #163

Frinckles somehow breaks setups without even thinking tbh

In my first hosted game he managed to correct scum-read all 3 scum on n1 as cops/masons even though there was mechanical barriers made for the scum to distance in a (possibly) authentic manner

Ofc in the end I broke the setup because of a host error
    Is this scum getting mad at town Frinckles tilting the game artificially in their favour?? :P

14. ISO #164

I get switcher vibes more from Martin.
    Your points seemed more focused on TPR and Bus Driver related concerns (specifically focusing on the Hunter's night kill). Your interaction with Frinckles also felt very scripted to me.
    How do my points benefit a switcher AI though?

I believe most of my points were working against the idea of prematurely giving the old-switcher town cred for simply calling out the new-switcher on D2.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

15. ISO #165

Its in response to his Skyrim comment, and that his anti-setup speculation comment was short & swift; it wasn't detailed in any regard as to why exactly your setup speculation was correct/right or wrong/incorrect or anything.

Obviously Frinckles is a skilled player, but I've been practicing to *not* over-analyze things as of late, so I'm stopping at a town read on him for now.
    Here already discrediting Frinckles in an effort to build up for a future lynch ??

16. ISO #166

I believe most of my points were working against the idea of prematurely giving the old-switcher town cred for simply calling out the new-switcher on D2.
    Uhhhh... why? We would instantly eliminate a threat if that happened. The old switcher should 100% get massive cred for calling out the new switcher.
    Your points seem to be attacks on credibility on potential town leaders/confirmed town.

If the 'old' switcher lies about becoming town they will get checked by investigators/detectives/etc.

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

I don't know 100% how a switcher will act considering they can use their night action the next day. The reason I feel you could be more likely switcher than Frinckles is because he didn't encourage the conversation at all. If I was switcher I would want people to continue talking about it in order to get a feel for the best possible decision to make. I felt the way you approached it seemed more of a challenge vs ignoring it entirely.

As of right now, it feels like it's you. That being said, less than half the game has actively participated.

19. ISO #169

I don't know 100% how a switcher will act considering they can use their night action the next day. The reason I feel you could be more likely switcher than Frinckles is because he didn't encourage the conversation at all. If I was switcher I would want people to continue talking about it in order to get a feel for the best possible decision to make. I felt the way you approached it seemed more of a challenge vs ignoring it entirely.

As of right now, it feels like it's you. That being said, less than half the game has actively participated.
    use their night action and be town the next day*

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

Uhhhh... why? We would instantly eliminate a threat if that happened. The old switcher should 100% get massive cred for calling out the new switcher.
    Your points seem to be attacks on credibility on potential town leaders/confirmed town.

If the 'old' switcher lies about becoming town they will get checked by investigators/detectives/etc.
    People were bringing up the old-Switcher outting the new-switcher on D2 while commenting how useful that would be for town.

While not stating much points about the old-switcher's town credit-worthiness.

It was like almost implying that we should give the old-switcher town cred but I wanted to clarify with them and set the record straight that shouldn't be the case imo, because in a sense its like they got a new role-card randed for them on D2.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #172

People were bringing up the old-Switcher outting the new-switcher on D2 while commenting how useful that would be for town.

While not stating much points about the old-switcher's town credit-worthiness.

It was like almost implying that we should give the old-switcher town cred but I wanted to clarify with them and set the record straight that shouldn't be the case imo, because in a sense its like they got a new role-card randed for them on D2.
    I don't think it was scummy of them to unintentionally imply or suggest a thing, but I felt it important to point it out just in case they somehow believed that the old-switcher was credible in a hypothetical "old-switcher outs new-switcher" scenario.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

Also I'm not too happy about Oberon posting solely about me and not much else.
    He has had a few comments here or there to other players, but the only content from him is a town-read on Frinckles and his concerns about me.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #175

Okay, I think I will town-read Unknown now.

Also I'm not too happy about Oberon posting solely about me and not much else.
    Yeah, I am wondering why he decided to town-read Frinckles so strongly while scum-reading quite a bit at the same time.

26. ISO #176

Yeah, I am wondering why he decided to town-read Frinckles so strongly while scum-reading quite a bit at the same time.
    scum-reading you* I need to proof read what I type before I hit send smh.

27. ISO #177

Why would the old switcher get checked? There's nothing that would make them claiming town any more suspicious than anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

@Auwt, please clarify the following:
    Infinite looping does not work, this includes :
    -Two players driving each other will result in any of them moving.
    -Two players hiding at each other places will result in any of them moving.

What does 'any of them moving' mean? Does one of them get picked at random?
    Basically it means none of them will move in those 2 different cases. It would be like they took no action at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

30. ISO #180

As a famous man once said.
    I'm trying something new.

31. ISO #181

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Why would the old switcher get checked? There's nothing that would make them claiming town any more suspicious than anyone else.
    Because they are in the spotlight and are in a position where they can claim a lot of towncred for themselves just by exposing the new switcher.
    Mostly because they are in the spotlight. And those people tend to get checked.
    In my estimation, if a switcher wants to become Mafia. They can just lie about having switched.

32. ISO #182

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

-vote Frinckles

Parking this here while I consider the strength of Helz' argument that Frinckles is acting like a Triad signaling his own.
    Notice me MZ =(

35. ISO #185

Because they are in the spotlight and are in a position where they can claim a lot of towncred for themselves just by exposing the new switcher.
    Mostly because they are in the spotlight. And those people tend to get checked.
    In my estimation, if a switcher wants to become Mafia. They can just lie about having switched.
    By why towncred for exposing the switcher? Regardless of alignment, they need the switcher to die.

If a move helps two of the three alignments, I don't see why I should read it as credit for just one of them.

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

What is the purpose of this question?
    It was a serious question meant to analyze how he plays. I can see now why it would seem sassy though, given who it's coming from.

39. ISO #189

By why towncred for exposing the switcher? Regardless of alignment, they need the switcher to die.

If a move helps two of the three alignments, I don't see why I should read it as credit for just one of them.
    It's a bit deeper than that. Revealing yourself as ex-switcher is more or less an implicit town claim. The idea is that people wouldn't reveal themselves as Switcher as Triad; because Triad has a heavy chance of losing if they get lynched. Just get all chameleon like and pretend nothing happened.
    I would be in favour of getting investigatives on former switchers just to make sure this kind of thing can't happen.

40. ISO #190

Notice me MZ =(
    My kohai, I'm doing one thing at a time here.

I'm picking up that you think Martin is being insincere, and are thus scumreading (or at least interrogating) him for it.

If that's right, can you summarize your main reasons? Right now I'm just seeing him spending far too much time on the obvious point that we shouldn't give towncred to the old switcher on D2.

41. ISO #191

It's a bit deeper than that. Revealing yourself as ex-switcher is more or less an implicit town claim. The idea is that people wouldn't reveal themselves as Switcher as Triad; because Triad has a heavy chance of losing if they get lynched. Just get all chameleon like and pretend nothing happened.
    I would be in favour of getting investigatives on former switchers just to make sure this kind of thing can't happen.
    Again... if you become triad, you need the switcher to die in order to win. Town also needs them to die. So you can just tell everyone who the switcher is, and literally no one would object because it helps their wincon.

If you're triad, you want every lynch to hit non-triad. Lynching the switcher does just that. Everyone wins.

Except the switcher.

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

It was a serious question meant to analyze how he plays. I can see now why it would seem sassy though, given who it's coming from.
    It didn't really strike me as sassy as much as it struck me as odd. Not really AI in any way, just kinda reminded me of PTB's old questionnaire he would give to people he hadn't played with before.

44. ISO #194

Again... if you become triad, you need the switcher to die in order to win. Town also needs them to die. So you can just tell everyone who the switcher is, and literally no one would object because it helps their wincon.

If you're triad, you want every lynch to hit non-triad. Lynching the switcher does just that. Everyone wins.

Except the switcher.
    Yeah I realized midway through that argument that I was literally arguing people should not be given immediate towncred for revealing as switchers.
    Which is what I attacked Martin for in the first place.
    We've come full circle.

45. ISO #195

My kohai, I'm doing one thing at a time here.

I'm picking up that you think Martin is being insincere, and are thus scumreading (or at least interrogating) him for it.

If that's right, can you summarize your main reasons? Right now I'm just seeing him spending far too much time on the obvious point that we shouldn't give towncred to the old switcher on D2.
    1.) He seemed to encourage switcher discussion while at the same time saying he wanted it to stop. Indication of potential Switcher mindset.

2.) He seemed to be openly buying into Frinckles' bait and sheeping him without much thought (his own words). Finding it hard to decide if what Frinckles did or what Martin did is more buddying/potential teammate hunting. This could be Indicative of being scum.

3.) The way he's been talking feels very forced and scripted. I don't know if this is how he plays but none of it feels genuine.

46. ISO #196

It didn't really strike me as sassy as much as it struck me as odd. Not really AI in any way, just kinda reminded me of PTB's old questionnaire he would give to people he hadn't played with before.
    Comparing me to PTB...

47. ISO #197

48. ISO #198

I think it's cool Helz shared the strategy but given how fast it came he may very well have decided to share it irrespective of alignment. Perhaps he thought we'd figure it out ourselves anyway.

I don't scumread the guy but I definitely don't give him townpoints for it either
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

49. ISO #199

how is anything 'scripted' to you? mafia dont know their teammates and there was no N0
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

50. ISO #200

Although. Along that same line of thought.
    I do actually think it would be more likely for the old switcher to reveal as town.
    There is incentive for scum to reveal as well, but I feel that scum need to balance their own wincon as well.
    Obviously scum would be less and less willing to reveal the old switcher if their numbers dwindled.
    BTW, the Switcher can just claim their real previous role in an attempt to get the other person lynched after they died.