S-FM Turnabout Mafia
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM Turnabout Mafia

WELCOME, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, TO THE BEGINNING OF THE INVESTIGATIVE PHASE 1 (ALSO KNOWN AS DAY 1)!

Ever since the Jury system has been in place, there has been cracks in the very shaky foundations of the law. It’s easy for a suspected criminal to escape through said cracks, and even easier for them to manipulate the current system to their advantage.
    A murder has taken place near the bustling theatre known as Penrose Theatre. The police apparently already arrested a suspect, and have already been taken to court. The Verdict?

G u I l t y

There has been strings of murders throughout the city… And each time they get away with it. There is a group of criminals who can manipulate the trials to their whims, and are helping the True Mastermind of these crimes get away with it. This truly is the beginning of the Dark Age of the Law…

But the other members of the Jury knew, they just knew the real murderer is out there. Hiding, using their connections to continue their escapades through the law. The people knew, and it’s about time they did something about it. It’s time to break the cycle of the Dark Age of the Law! The attorneys of this country need to step up, and together with the Judge, find the true culprits behind these murders! They need to be stopped! The Dark Age of the Law needs to be stopped!

Do you think you have what it takes?

Good luck, and happy investigating!

Innocent Attorneys:
    @MarshmallowMarshal
    @Mike
    @Gyrlander
    @Slaol
    @Magoroth
    @Voss
    @Numbertwo
    @Distorted
    @Damus_Graves
    @Light_Yagami
    @Stealthbomber16
    @Kenny
    @blinkskater

Guilty Attorneys:
    None found Guilty Yet!

This trial will be using the Condorcet voting system, courtesy of voss. Your votes MUST be done in this Manner.

Example:

Spoiler : Cvote :
    Mike, Stealthbomber16, Kenny, Distorted, DamusGraves, Numbertwo, LightYagami, Gyrlander, MarshmallowMarshall, blinkskater, Magoroth, Voss,

Something along those lines. If you have any questions feel free to ask Voss, myself, or anyone with good knowledge of the voting system.

Also you can view the votes live from this link here: https://narrator.systeminplace.net/co...l?thread=43433

12 votes to hammer. <- votes to SKIP, not lynch. If you feel you want to skip day when all the votes are of a majorities consensus, you may vote to skip.

I also want to add that Because of the numerous amount of unique mechanics, I reserve the right to alter mechanics in a clear way, not to scum or town side, but to attempt to make the game more enjoyable. This is mentioned in the setup thread, as this game is VERY experimental.
    Also if you don’t have a Discord account, I recommend making one as you’ll need it <3

Link to setup here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...urnabout-Mafia

Investigative phase Ends: (subject to change depending on votes)

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Last edited by AIVION; November 18th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Turnabout Mafia

ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE SLAOL! HE IS HERE TO MAKE SURE ALL TRIALS ARE DONE FAIRLY AND SMOOTHLY!

Slaol is revealed as the Judge!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

3. ISO #3

Game has started! I will be using this color to answer all questions that you most definitely will have! If you have a question Concerning the game’s mechanics itself, ping me in green. If it’s for The Condorcet System, Ping Voss in Green as well.
    If Voss uses blue it's to answer your questions concerning Condorcet voting, and that's all it is.
    Thank you all and Good luck! The trial awaits!
    Last edited by AIVION; November 17th, 2018 at 01:54 PM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

Alright. Who we lynching, mah niggas?!

7. ISO #7

anyone (not killers i don't want to be murrdered) want to come over to watch the game I have the beer just bring the chips
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Im not even surprised.
    Very self-aware. Use of first-person pronoun. Possibly signaling here to the scum team that he is the suicide bomber and thus has an exaggerated sense of self, since he is quite literally unique.

Negative at game start. Usually sign of a first-time or insecure scum. Especially scum neutral.

Is your role somehow also host-meta'd in some way? It kinda makes sense, given that you are not "even surprised".

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    I have a plan, and i await opening statements from all players before explaining it
    Lead away because I have no clue at this point who to suspect. only person I know is safe is Slaol

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Very self-aware. Use of first-person pronoun. Possibly signaling here to the scum team that he is the suicide bomber and thus has an exaggerated sense of self, since he is quite literally unique.

Negative at game start. Usually sign of a first-time or insecure scum. Especially scum neutral.

Is your role somehow also host-meta'd in some way? It kinda makes sense, given that you are not "even surprised".
    Thats cute.
    Slaol being judge. Not surprised.

12. ISO #12

Hello everyone! I propose that since we have Condorcet voting, we could use the normal votes to show our main suspects and to pressure people still, while using your Condorcet as often as you think of it so we have list of reads everywhere.

Any... objections?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

@MarshmallowMarshal

Hello. How do you do?
    Whats your favorite color?
    Hi! My favorite color is green, obviously... ;) what is yours?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hello everyone! I propose that since we have Condorcet voting, we could use the normal votes to show our main suspects and to pressure people still, while using your Condorcet as often as you think of it so we have list of reads everywhere.

Any... objections?
    Yes.

Spoiler : OBJECTION!!! :
    Code:
    import java.io.BufferedReader; 
    import java.io.IOException; 
    import java.io.InputStreamReader; 
    public class HelloWorld {

public static void main(String[] args) throws NumberFormatException, IOException {
            BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in)); 
    intnumberOfElectors=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Input like this: 4. numberOfElectors=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Input like this: 4. 
            String ballot;
            String[] mapping=new String[numberOfElectors];
    int []integerBallot=newint[numberOfElectors];
    int [][]ballotMatrix=newint[numberOfElectors][numberOfElectors]; 
            int min=0;
            int max=0;
            int winner=0;
            int tie=0;
    /*for(int i=0; i<numberOfElectors;  i++)
            {
                mapping[i]=reader.readLine();
            }*/
    for(intj=0; j<numberOfElectors; j++)
            {
    for(inti=0; i<numberOfElectors; i++)
    integerBallot[i]=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Standard input is a sequence of numbers, followed by space.
    //ballot = Console.readLine();
    //toIntegerVote(convertToStringArray(ballot, numberOfElectors, numberOfElectors), mapping, numberOfElectors);
    for(inta=0; a<numberOfElectors-1; a++)
    for(intq=a+1; q<numberOfElectors; q++)
                    {
    ballotMatrix[integerBallot[a]-1][integerBallot[q]-1]=ballotMatrix[integerBallot[a]-1][integerBallot[q]-1]+1;
    //basically, this is where the "individual matrices" for each vote get calculated and summed up to the final matrix.
                    }
            }
            {
                min=0;
                {
    if(ballotMatrix[i][j]>numberOfElectors/2)
    min++; //finding candidate with highest number of wins. min is a poor name for this variable
                }
                if(max<min)
                {    
    max=min; //basically, if there is a candidate with more wins than the current candidate, it gets selected as the winner
    winner=i;
                    tie=0;
                }
                else if(max==min)
    tie=i;    //otherwise if they are tied, a runner-up is selected.
            }
            if(tie==0)
                System.out.println("The winner is: "+(winner+1)+ "!");    
    else
                System.out.println("The winner is: Tie between "+(winner+1) + " and " + (tie+1));

}

}v

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Lead away because I have no clue at this point who to suspect. only person I know is safe is Slaol
    Ooookay.......

we're on page one what do you expect lol

19. ISO #19

Yes.

Code:

public static void main(String[] args) throws NumberFormatException, IOException {
    intnumberOfElectors=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Input like this: 4. numberOfElectors=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Input like this: 4. 
            String ballot;
            int min=0;
            int max=0;
            int winner=0;
            int tie=0;
    /*for(int i=0; i<numberOfElectors;  i++)
            {
            }*/
            {
    integerBallot[i]=Integer.parseInt(reader.readLine());//Standard input is a sequence of numbers, followed by space.
    //toIntegerVote(convertToStringArray(ballot, numberOfElectors, numberOfElectors), mapping, numberOfElectors);
                    {
    ballotMatrix[integerBallot[a]-1][integerBallot[q]-1]=ballotMatrix[integerBallot[a]-1][integerBallot[q]-1]+1;
    //basically, this is where the "individual matrices" for each vote get calculated and summed up to the final matrix.
                    }
            }
            {
                min=0;
                {
    if(ballotMatrix[i][j=]=>numberOfElectors/2)
    min++; //finding candidate with highest number of wins. min is a poor name for this variable
                }
                if(max<min)
                {    
    max=min; //basically, if there is a candidate with more wins than the current candidate, it gets selected as the winner
    winner=i;
                    tie=0;
                }
                else if(max==min)
            }
            if(tie==0)
    else
                System.out.println("The winner is: Tie between "+(winner+1) + " and " + (tie+1));

}

}v

What do you think of mike?

20. ISO #20

You dont want to even try and figure something out?
    Just hide behind a confirmed town?
    Yes I did but this is start and I want to be able to get reads first. Don’t know what to post yet.

21. ISO #21

I much prefer purple.
    What is your thoughts on Mike?
    I don't like his entrance... he's not dumb so I wonder why he did that.

-vote Mike

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23
    Ganelon

I would definitely see Mike saying that, as either scum or town.

I don't see why y'all think it's scummy.

It is weird, but not scummy.

24. ISO #24

Yes.

Code:

String ballot;
            int min=0;
            int max=0;
            int winner=0;
            int tie=0;
    /*for(int i=0; i
            {
            }*/
            {
                    {
                    }
            }
            {
                min=0;
                {
    if(ballotMatrix[i][j=]=>numberOfElectors/2)
                }
                if(max<min)
                {    
    winner=i;
                    tie=0;
                }
                else if(max==min)
            }
            if(tie==0)
    else

}

}v

....... lol. @Voss Can we use colors in our cvote in order to show what we think of those people?

25. ISO #25

Any... objections?
    I refuse to respond to pressure via someone doing -vote Voss. I'll only feel the pressure if my name's on the top(ish) of the ranking.

You do you though.

FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

26. ISO #26

What do you think of mike?
    You are seeming a bit eager so fast ????? Hmmm

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Any... objections?
    You CAN use normal votes if you want as an additional tool. Just be aware they won't count towards who goes to trial in the trial phase tonight!
    Thank you. = )

29. ISO #29

I don't like his entrance... he's not dumb so I wonder why he did that.

-vote Mike
    Roflol what kind of start should I do.

30. ISO #30

I would definitely see Mike saying that, as either scum or town.

I don't see why y'all think it's scummy.

It is weird, but not scummy.
    Because by opting to follow a confirmed towns lead is an easy path. Sheep mentality is the ez path for scum. The one most often taken by scum.
    Its also a very good starting point for getting reads

31. ISO #31

....... lol. @Voss Can we use colors in our cvote in order to show what we think of those people?
    i don't think that'll work, but I'll check. Maybe don't use it until then?

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Also, i'm going to be transparent here. Damus's name fucked something with the condorcet voting, and i'm going to fix it in the next 20 minutes.

34. ISO #34

Because by opting to follow a confirmed towns lead is an easy path. Sheep mentality is the ez path for scum. The one most often taken by scum.
    Its also a very good starting point for getting reads
    In addition Slaol opened up by saying he wants to see what the other players are going to say before posting his plan.
    Spotlight challenge.

35. ISO #35

I would like you to come back and let me know what the reasoning behind this post was and why didnt you do the same for other players?

36. ISO #36

A little bit more explanation please
    He comes in and the first thing he says is "I don't know who to suspect" not even 10 posts in, and then states that Slaol can be trusted, which is not a great discovery... That is the kind of stuff scum do to justify not being contributive. I know it because I used that strategy before :P

It could also be apathic town behavior I just think the scum side is bigger than the town side, as the scum side of it is a strategy, and the town side of it is a mistake, and that Mike isn't apathic... in his first game of FM ever, he WIFOM claimed Doctor as Citizen to shield the real doc, without anyone explaining him what WIFOM was.

Also remember that I use the normal votes to show my suspects, and that they do not actually directly count towards the trial votes.

didnt intend to write a novel but lol

37. ISO #37
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    @Voss How Does The Voting System Actually Work For This Save? A Full Break Down Would Be Great.. Thanks
    This is an example vote:

Spoiler : cvote :

Anna, John, Bill, Mike

Basically, if you want a clear explanation of what happens, is that the player who wins all 1v1 "hypothetical" votes against all other players wins the elections.

Like so:
    If Anna, John and Bill are players:

Anna votes: John, Bill, Anna
    John votes: Anna, Bill, John
    Bill votes: Anna, John, Bill

Then you can make a table of the votes as thus:

Player ID Anna Bill John
    Anna 0 2 2
    Bill 1 0 1
    John 1 2 0

According to Condorcet, Anna wins the election, followed by John and then Bill.

I could go into even more detail if necessary.

38. ISO #38

He comes in and the first thing he says is "I don't know who to suspect" not even 10 posts in, and then states that Slaol can be trusted, which is not a great discovery... That is the kind of stuff scum do to justify not being contributive. I know it because I used that strategy before :P

It could also be apathic town behavior I just think the scum side is bigger than the town side, as the scum side of it is a strategy, and the town side of it is a mistake, and that Mike isn't apathic... in his first game of FM ever, he WIFOM claimed Doctor as Citizen to shield the real doc, without anyone explaining him what WIFOM was.

Also remember that I use the normal votes to show my suspects, and that they do not actually directly count towards the trial votes.

didnt intend to write a novel but lol
    I asked you to explain more about your thoughts because I wanted to see your thought process. Also to see if you were capable of thought LOL

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I refuse to respond to pressure via someone doing -vote Voss. I'll only feel the pressure if my name's on the top(ish) of the ranking.

You do you though.
    Well you are yourself, lol. The ranking will follow; it's to indicate the pressure with a more known and visible tool.

40. ISO #40
    Ganelon

He comes in and the first thing he says is "I don't know who to suspect" not even 10 posts in, and then states that Slaol can be trusted, which is not a great discovery... That is the kind of stuff scum do to justify not being contributive. I know it because I used that strategy before :PIt could also be apathic town behavior I just think the scum side is bigger than the town side, as the scum side of it is a strategy, and the town side of it is a mistake, and that Mike isn't apathic... in his first game of FM ever, he WIFOM claimed Doctor as Citizen to shield the real doc, without anyone explaining him what WIFOM was.Also remember that I use the normal votes to show my suspects, and that they do not actually directly count towards the trial votes.didnt intend to write a novel but lol
    You use meta way too much. Have you ever considered the fact that we laid into him for overposting that last game as a possible reason for this change in behaviour?

41. ISO #41

Roflol what kind of start should I do.
    Dunno, maybe put a random vote on someone if you really have no idea. Else, discuss the setup, which includes the Condorcet method, I'm pretty sure you have questions about it...

42. ISO #42
    Ganelon

I would like you to come back and let me know what the reasoning behind this post was and why didnt you do the same for other players?
    Why do you need the reasoning? I felt bored and I wanted to see if and to what extent I could paint that message.

43. ISO #43

You use meta way too much. Have you ever considered the fact that we laid into him for overposting that last game as a possible reason for this change in behaviour?
    My post makes it look like I scumread him much harder than I actually do because it's long and developped... I just have a slight scum lean on him because I see that post as slightly more scummy than towny.

44. ISO #44
    Ganelon

My post makes it look like I scumread him much harder than I actually do because it's long and developped... I just have a slight scum lean on him because I see that post as slightly more scummy than towny.
    You sure put a lot of thought into it tho

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

I asked you to explain more about your thoughts because I wanted to see your thought process. Also to see if you were capable of thought LOL
    ....lol I'm not a monkey if it's what you wondered XD

47. ISO #47

Why do you need the reasoning? I felt bored and I wanted to see if and to what extent I could paint that message.
    You sure put a lot of thought into it tho
    Go home, you're high

48. ISO #48
    Ganelon

Its because I dont know you.
    Do you religiously follow meta or do you disregard it?
    I ignore it as much as I can.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50
    Ganelon

Who is your strongest town read so far, solely based on what has happened?
    Hmm, I'd say either Mike or MM.