Enchantress 2 spell per use (maybe?)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Enchantress 2 spell per use (maybe?)

The same happened to me last night.

Rolecard stated 3 spells Enchantress.

1st Use : I used it N1 (both lure and repel)
    2nd Use : I used it N2 (both lure and repel, but I ended up repelling myself due to a BD move)

Upon entering N3 and next nights onward, I had no buttons to interact with people anymore.
    If needed I can post the replay.
    Last edited by Auwt; February 4th, 2022 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post

2nd Use : I used it N2 (both lure and repel, but I ended up repelling myself due to a BD move)

Upon entering N3 and next nights onward, I had no buttons to interact with people anymore.
    Depending on the setup enchantress can make repelled people visit themselfs so that might be what happened here. U used 1 spell to lure and repel and then another one to lure urself because of repel after BD switch.

5. ISO #5

i was constble in that game lol

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    Depending on the setup enchantress can make repelled people visit themselfs so that might be what happened here. U used 1 spell to lure and repel and then another one to lure urself because of repel after BD switch.
    From what I understood from this role, 3 spell-enchantress means you can use thrice your power (here meaning both lure and repel on three different occasions).
    So in any case, I used 1 out of my 3 spells during N1 and another 1 out of 3 during N2.
    Still does not solve the problem, a last 1 out of 3 is missing.

I assume it has something to do with BD redirecting my action to myself, and this would burn two spells during a single night ?
    Not sure how it is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    i was constble in that game lol
    Yeah I remember, was a nice game overall.
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

7. ISO #7

From what I understood from this role, 3 spell-enchantress means you can use thrice your power (here meaning both lure and repel on three different occasions).
    So in any case, I used 1 out of my 3 spells during N1 and another 1 out of 3 during N2.
    Still does not solve the problem, a last 1 out of 3 is missing.

I assume it has something to do with BD redirecting my action to myself, and this would burn two spells during a single night ?
    Not sure how it is implemented.

Basically what i assume happened is that 2 lures got used on the same night. 1 because u decided to use it to lure and repel whoever and the other because u got repeled and used it on urself again because of the repeled target visits themselfs rule so u lured urself with the second spell.

8. ISO #8

An issue revolving around an EXTRA use being expended is likely a separate thing where I goofed and added a use expenditure after the night sequence is finished. If you remember, I had the same issue with Armorsmith because sometimes roles need to survive the night to use their ability, and sometimes roles just need to use the ability before the night killings begin. So I'll take a look at this and get it fixed up, thanks for the report.

As far as any funny business related to the use of abilities, let me explain how Enchantress works in detail.

1. Enchantress needs to use both Lure + Repel to expend 1 spell use and both targets need to be valid.
    2. There is a setting that makes repel cause self visits.*

For a spell to be 'valid' the Enchantresses' Visitation(From Luring) AND ActionButton2(From Repelling) can not be 0.

And important to the #2;

**Repel will ONLY ever have an effect on a target chose to visit you that night. Meaning that their visitation from their action was equal to the Enchantress. This however does not mean that the target is invalid and it will still expend a spell use if the lure target was also valid (an example below.) If a repelled target attempted to visit you, by default they will visit 0 (essentially nobody.) With the repel visits self option on, they will visit themselves. This is why Enchantress can make Enforcers, Vigilantes etc, suicide when they successfully repel them as they're targeted.

----

That how it works on paper, at least.

For baseline roles that do not manipulate visitations (like a Doctor, for example), Lure and Repel have both been shown to work properly and consistently from our earliest tests. Lure/Repel also work on Mafia/Triad Hitman, Cult Converter and even Mason Converter.

This get a bit more complicated with Manipulation roles, especially bus driver because his "visitation" can be either one of his swap buttons.

But let's look at some examples for fun:

Q1: A Witch is controlling a Vigilante to shoot a Citizen. An Enchantress Lures the Witch and Repels the Citizen. What happens?

Spoiler : A :
    Generally the Witch has priority. That means her ability will get run first, causing her visitation (the Vigilante) to target the poor Citizen. Then, the game agrees that both targets were valid and the Enchantress' ability will go through. She lures the Witch, causing the Witch's visitation to become the Enchantress. In the following part of the night sequence, Enchantress' uses are reduced (as both her Lure and Repel were not 0.) Finally, the night killing sequence happens. Vigilante shoots Citizen, Enchantress is killed by the Witch she lured. The Citizen was completely unaffected by being Repelled.

Q2: An Enchantress Lures a drifting Street Racer and repels an Enforcer who is targeting her WITH repel-self-visits: ON. What happens?

Spoiler : A :
    Trick question. Street Racer is the highest priority manipulation role and sets any would-be visitations to 0 if they are drifting. This means that Enchantress' spell is invalid and her repel would have no effect whatsoever. The game would not reduce a usage. Finally in the kill sequence, Enchantress gets shot to death by the Enforcer and the Street Racer drives off into the sunset to live another day.

Anyway, the role has a lot of moving parts, as you can see. I'm gonna get a little team together next week maybe and do some in-house testing on different interactions but I'll have the usage bug fixed this afternoon. Thanks for the report + the replays.
    Last edited by Frinckles; February 4th, 2022 at 01:12 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶