MafiaCafe Cross Community Games! Co-Host Positions Open!
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

MafiaCafe Cross Community Games! Co-Host Positions Open!

I am happy to announce a pair of cross community games between SC2Mafia and MafiaCafe!

The first of the two games will take place around mid-March.

The games will be ran by one member of SC2Mafia and one member of MafiaCafe serving together as co-hosts. If you are interested in co-hosting this cross community event, please either post here or reach out to me directly!

2. ISO #2

Re: MafiaCafe Cross Community Games! Co-Host Positions Open!

My first instinct was to say that SC2Mafia and MafiaCafe are polar opposites.
    But I guess SC2Mafia is different than what it was like in the past, at least the forum and FM side of it.

I like the timing of the games - historically it's around the time of the year when we take months to fill even a mini game.
    But other than that benefit, what is the purpose of this?

1 game on each site sounds good. Will there be any measures taken to ensure somewhat equal representation of both sites? What if one site sends over only, lets say, 3 members to the other sites game? I'd sort of expect that to happen.

It's funny that MafiaCafe got 2 crossover "events" in the span of less than 1 year, despite it's relatively small size, and both were initiated by the other site. People seem to REALLY enjoy MafiaCafe.

It feels weird that this announcement is made so much sooner on one site than on the other, feels unequal. At least I assume that their announcement won't be so soon.

3. ISO #3

We're actually not that different (having played there a bit, I half know what I'm talking about).

The point is 1) to have more players so that we can play big games; 2) to have "cultural exchanges", basically, since new people and new metas enrich games and sites; 3) to have fun lol

The announcement is made early so that a co-host may be found soon enough and to build the h y p e !

As for participation, we cannot exactly mindcontrol people to make them play, but we can encourage people to do so (and make sure both sites do so).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    I am happy to announce a pair of cross community games between SC2Mafia and MafiaCafe!

The first of the two games will take place around mid-March.

The games will be ran by one member of SC2Mafia and one member of MafiaCafe serving together as co-hosts. If you are interested in co-hosting this cross community event, please either post here or reach out to me directly!
    What if we run the game I asked you to co-host with me as part of this run and we make it a SC2Mafia / MafiaCafe / Deck Mafia cross community event?
    Tell the truth and you'll lie good.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by NotPaopan View Post
    If this is a cross-community setup.
    Where would the game take place? Our turf? or theirs?
    Both! One on each site.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    My first instinct was to say that SC2Mafia and MafiaCafe are polar opposites.
    But I guess SC2Mafia is different than what it was like in the past, at least the forum and FM side of it.

I like the timing of the games - historically it's around the time of the year when we take months to fill even a mini game.
    But other than that benefit, what is the purpose of this?

1 game on each site sounds good. Will there be any measures taken to ensure somewhat equal representation of both sites? What if one site sends over only, lets say, 3 members to the other sites game? I'd sort of expect that to happen.

It's funny that MafiaCafe got 2 crossover "events" in the span of less than 1 year, despite it's relatively small size, and both were initiated by the other site. People seem to REALLY enjoy MafiaCafe.

It feels weird that this announcement is made so much sooner on one site than on the other, feels unequal. At least I assume that their announcement won't be so soon.
    I've played on MafiaCafe several times and have had a great experience every time, they're a great group!

As far as equal representation on both sites, the first game will be played on their site, so it will be up to us to set the standards for how many players we're sending over! There will be no concurrent games on either site during the cross community games since we want the communities to engage with each other rather than sending a token 3 player party over!

As far as the announcement goes, both sites have announced the games already, we put them up at about the same time.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12