The Legend of Honest Man
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

thanks The Legend of Honest Man

It's been a good run. I'm not gonna prattle on about the circumstances, I just wanted to make this post to say thanks, kinda like the 72222 post, but to all of Mafia.

This one is dedicated to the Sneckos, the Hotrians, the Vores, the fox spirits, the killys, the paopans even the toasts and all the good mafia players who make the game worth playing and who are good people. You guys make it worth dealing with the Altechs, the gangs of roving n1 spite Jailors, and the witch hunt lynches. You guys are the reason why Mafia is still played today and will continue to be played in the future and are the one thing I will miss.

Not the default lynches, not Jailor Trivia, not first to talk dies, not 1 is always evil, but the good Mafia playing people.

So I dedicate this shitty meme to you guys. The mods may destroy, but you guys create. Keep it real.

Honest Man, out.

https://streamable.com/wn8xg5
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re: The Legend of Honest Man

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    If he/she was truly gone (LOL), then they wouldn't have seen the comment anyway. No harm done here except for their legacy, which still sucks as aforementioned by the reports. They were a cancer on the community.
    Based on reports you've seen? So you're saying I've never even played a game with you?

Guess you're just gettin some pent up anger out on someone you've never even met?, or an alt account shadow warrior too afraid 2 publicly shit talk someone you hate.

Either way a weird flex 2 be sure.
    Last edited by ZZorange; June 12th, 2021 at 06:26 PM.
    The only townie good enough to get banned for game-throwing in games that he wins.

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by ZZorange View Post
    Based on reports you've seen? So you're saying I've never even played a game with you?

Guess you're just gettin some pent up anger out on someone you've never even met?, or an alt account shadow warrior too afraid 2 publicly shit talk someone you hate.

Either way a weird flex 2 be sure.
    Weird flex for YOU to make a 'goodbye' post to get emotionally erect at all the responses saying they'll miss you when I'm speaking the truth and saying you're a nobody and that no one will miss you.

We know you won't leave, as proven by how you came back here to reply in a holier-than-thou manner just as the rest of us miserable petty sacks playing this game would if we had the emotional fragility of a 4 year old kid before their first day of school.

I'm ChairmanMao on US West, come fight me, you terrible, terrible player. Oh wait, you might not be able to because you got banned! Haha!
    Last edited by HentaiManOfPeace; June 12th, 2021 at 09:10 PM.

12. ISO #12

Nah there's some good people who play this game and that's who the post was for. I don't think I've ever played with you so it's weird for someone I've never played with to come into a thread inserting themself somewhere to start shit.

I talk down to people like Altech because they're terrible human beings. I've been respectful to everyone in the community who has been respectful back.

Says a lot about your character randomly jumping in here though.

Anyway thanks for the posts Invictus alt account.

13. ISO #13

Nah there's some good people who play this game and that's who the post was for. I don't think I've ever played with you so it's weird for someone I've never played with to come into a thread inserting themself somewhere to start shit.

I talk down to people like Altech because they're terrible human beings. I've been respectful to everyone in the community who has been respectful back.

I'm gonna miss you zzorange.....i miss honest man already. It sucks that you got banned but maybe you can try makeu a apoeal. I was playing as Mark Hoffman from the SAW franchise earlier and my teammate (SnazzyNinja) said "Mark is enforcer" then rolequit and im thinking to myself wow that was trash zzorange wouldnt have done this to me. I dont know if you remember me but i would always say ZZORANGE everytine u entered the lobby.i miss u already man! Cheers!

14. ISO #14

You don't remember playing with me, but I remember playing with you on multiple occasions. Always killed or lynched N1/D2 because you have a horrendous reputation as a bad player. I guess your message was intended for me because I've never been reported before, but as an audience of your message, I had to let you know the truth.

You have a reporting history that I'm sharing to further tarnish your reputation because you deserved it:

Summary: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post931825

2013: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-1-S2-1-666463
    2020: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...1-S2-1-2701690
    Mar 2021: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...1-S2-1-2701690
    May 2021: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...1-S2-1-2701690
    June 2021: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...01690?p=931825

How can one cheat so many times and not learn their ways? I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics one has to do to justify ruining games for multiple people just because "they're terrible human beings" and getting permabanned multiple times because you obviously don't respect the innocent players who had the displeasure of being in the same lobby as you. I'm not Invictus either because if it gives you the satisfaction of being able to fully dismiss my comments, I'll let you.

I love kicking bad people when they're on the ground suffering. I'm glad you're gone. Stop coming back to a forum that you said you'll be leaving. No one cares or will miss you. Your ZZOrange or Honest Man legacy sucks and I'm glad you're permanently leaving, you cancer.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

If he/she was truly gone (LOL), then they wouldn't have seen the comment anyway. No harm done here except for their legacy, which still sucks as aforementioned by the reports. They were a cancer on the community.
    IMO Just because of his history doesn't mean you need to take time out of your day to bash him in a post. I'm not defending what he's done if that's what it appears like.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast
    Does anyone know what happened to Toast?
    No idea, haven't seen him for a few months now.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    IMO Just because of his history doesn't mean you need to take time out of your day to bash him in a post. I'm not defending what he's done if that's what it appears like.
    Then let me bash? There's no harm in me doing so since this user is leaving anyway. There is no excuse to cheat and ruin the experience for others and to be a menace in other games. Having Honest Man on your team meant he was instantaneous deadweight. Like being forced to care for your aging parents who can't take care of themselves or if your child is born with a birth defect, but slightly less worse because I voluntarily play this game for fun.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Then let me bash? There's no harm in me doing so since this user is leaving anyway. There is no excuse to cheat and ruin the experience for others and to be a menace in other games. Having Honest Man on your team meant he was instantaneous deadweight. Like being forced to care for your aging parents who can't take care of themselves or if your child is born with a birth defect, but slightly less worse because I voluntarily play this game for fun.
    I have played 83 games with ZZorange the Honest Man

The first games I played with him were before his most recent permaban->appeal, and there were a few games where his gimmick caused the game to be very frustrating - even lost the game for town once because of it. But after I figured out his gimmick, (which honestly didn't take that long given that it's pretty self explanatory), he just became a virtually confirmed town-slot in my games.

And after his most recent permaban -> appeal, my town winrate with ZZorange was notably higher than my baseline town winrate. He was an easily confirmable town slot as all I had to do to find out if he was town was ask him if he was town. If he says he yes, then he's town. If he doesn't say yes, then he's not town. When I rolled town gov (which was pretty often because I prefer that role), he was an asset as he would be essentially a confirmed slot. He also had solid play elsewhere with reads, noticing voting patterns, etc.

So labeling him as an instantaneous deadweight feels a bit unfair.

• Is picking the same name every game, preferring town, and blacklisting scum an abuse of blacklist/prefer? That's a different topic. (IMO no, but there's been a whole thread about this)
    • Should employing a strategy that trades off a lower winrate with players unfamiliar with ZZorange for a higher winrate with players that are familiar with ZZorange be allowed? That's a different topic. (Which, if I understand correctly, the staff decided it's not fair to new players, hence the ban)
    • What about the back and forth witch-hunting between ZZorange and various other players? That's a different topic.
    • Has ZZorange been reported for more minor offenses which most players would be able to get away with unreported due to his reputation? That's a different topic.

I'm not touching any of those topics here, I'm just saying that ZZorange was a good town player who made winning as town easier, and from a selfish perspective - my town winrate will certainly miss his absence

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    And after his most recent permaban -> appeal, my town winrate with ZZorange was notably higher than my baseline town winrate. He was an easily confirmable town slot as all I had to do to find out if he was town was ask him if he was town. If he says he yes, then he's town. If he doesn't say yes, then he's not town. When I rolled town gov (which was pretty often because I prefer that role), he was an asset as he would be essentially a confirmed slot. He also had solid play elsewhere with reads, noticing voting patterns, etc.

So labeling him as an instantaneous deadweight feels a bit unfair.
    I've never seen someone talk so much yet say so little. Nearly everyone answers honestly when they're town reporting into town government and vets will always notice voting patterns and expected % to deduce what is likely. Half the fun in Mafia is deciphering who is telling the truth and who isn't. If everyone played honestly like that, then you have a boring community, and even worse, a boring game. Get that postmodernism approach out of here. There are more people here with bad stories of ZZOrange than minorities like you who actually prefer being town government.
    Last edited by HentaiManOfPeace; June 13th, 2021 at 01:30 PM.

25. ISO #25

When you have people reporting you for things like when they executed you n1 as Jailor, or reporting you for gamethrowing a game that you won, and these reports are actually taken seriously, you tend to get permabanned.

In an ideal world, joke reports would be met with joke responses, but most of these joke reports are taken as if they were real reports. In most of the threads you can see "He was also reported 2 other times" and other such comments by AAmirus and others.

It also helps when you have a dedicated group of players attempting to get you banned constantly reporting you for nearly every game you lose on grounds of gamethrowing so they can get their rocks off.

Fact of the matter is folks like you who report people for their own mistakes are what causes things like this to happen.

I've never failed to admit things I've done wrong in the past, all of my past reports from 2013 were all valid and was me playing Mafia with my roommates after a few beers, and ruined the game and I've never denied this.

Anytime I've legitimately broken the rules I've owned up to it so people can hate me for it, but the one thing I'm not as one might guess is a liar.

Honestly a reoccurring trend I've noticed is that the people who hate me tend to me very inflexible Mafia players and as a result generally poor mafia players as a whole. Think of a sc2 ladder robot who peaks after they're mindless execution of Innovation builds only gets them so far, and they leave the game after they plateau hard.

For instance many Veterans were aware I chose not to give my role to anyone who jailed me night one. Now some players such as LagAttack adapted to this, and others like Invictus jailed me every single time they rolled Jailor knowing I wouldn't give a role so they could do a guilt free execute. As you know though my time as town % is fairly high and this usually backfired on them, now at a certain point when one still chooses to jail someone knowing they're not going to give a role and knowing it'll likely backfire, you enter into a territory where you're not really playing the game for a win. Ironically this is something that most of my haters complained about, but knowingly or unknowingly decided to become what they hate. Heck one guy who reported me GhostDragon was angry at me "Gamethrowing" so the next time I was in a game with him he unapologetically gamethrew full stop.

Like I said though others like LagAttack read the gimmick and just played around it and it's entirely that a gimmick. If everyone played the game like I did it would absolutely be boring I have no doubt about that, but that's a very unlikely scenario.

Throughout my time I was very condescending to those inflexible players because I honestly felt they had played enough Mafia to not fall into such a rigid game plan that often resulted in losing. Similar to the same way my gimmick would be to rigidly never lie, these "meta slaves" operated on hard rules that often backfired hard on them. If you want an example of these types of people, just look at the people who spam "no role no lw guilty" to people on the stand and then promptly guilty a jester, or execute a confirmed Veteran who claims an impossible role like 5th Bodyguard to bait on the stand, when someone who died to Veteran told the town of their visit in their last will.

I was extremely rude to bad mafia players and I am not blind to that. They understandably hated me for it, but I expected a higher standard of play from players who with the same amount of Mafia games as me or more should know better.

It's the towns job to be observant and think for themselves and use all the information given to them and so the one thing that lead to a great quantity of reports is when I wanted these rigid players to fail to learn from their mistakes and become better players.

Take for an example my last perma, it was for gamethrowing in an essentially unlosable game. The town had two confirmed town roles, and a non-killing Auditor with 5 players left the game was essentially unloseable. Because I didn't give a role on the stand I was banned, however had Town been observant they would have remembered that the Auditor had falsely claimed I was Triad on a day prior, and now at that point in the game all Triad were dead, and there was confirmed not a forger in play. Had these people who operated so rigidly instead done they're job and been observant, they would remember the false claim and promptly have voted up the last evil with me, instead they proclaimed "no role no lw guilty" and promptly wasted a day of their own time, then realized of course that the man I had been voting was the remaining evil and won.

I was banned on the grounds that I wasn't playing for the win, but if one correctly analyzed the situation they would come to the conclusion that even allowing oneself to be lynched would still be playing for a win against a confirmed Auditor as it would remove an unknown role variable and guide the remaining confirmed town to a win the following day. In reality I definitely wasn't playing for the quickest win, but I'm not the first player nor the last player to troll the people in dead chat in a won game.

How many times have you seen a townie vote up the other townie in a 2 v 1 and say they're going to guilty only to reveal they were just fucking with the outed Mafia. If you've played enough Mafia you've seen this before, and to report someone for it, would be going too far.

The truth of the matter is that at the end of the day my Reputation as a game thrower far exceeds the amount of games I have legitimately thrown since I've returned to Mafia and yeah it's annoying to have that past, but it's more annoying to get punished in situations where others would not, and watch as numerous times mods miss out on key details of the replays itself to suit their own narratives. If only Sheriff had arrived sooner, that guy can actually read RIP mrmostache.

26. ISO #26

blah blah blah
    I stand corrected. Your post here talked a lot more than LagAttack, but didn't say anything of value.

When you have people reporting you for things like when they executed you n1 as Jailor, or reporting you for gamethrowing a game that you won, and these reports are actually taken seriously, you tend to get permabanned.
    I don't know, have you tried not breaking the rules? I don't and I've never been reported. People don't get accused of stealing if they never stole in the first place.

In an ideal world, joke reports would be met with joke responses, but most of these joke reports are taken as if they were real reports. In most of the threads you can see "He was also reported 2 other times" and other such comments by AAmirus and others.
    The admins do a fantastic job and I 100% support their efforts in keeping this mentally ill, bottom-of-the-barrel community tolerable. Without the hard work they do, no one would be playing this game with a bunch of racists, trolls, and cheaters like you. They treat every report seriously, which is better than what some local police departments do.

It also helps when you have a dedicated group of players attempting to get you banned constantly reporting you for nearly every game you lose on grounds of gamethrowing so they can get their rocks off.
    Persecution complex! If you don't break any rules, then their reports aren't legitimate to warrant a penalty for you!!

Like I said though others like LagAttack read the gimmick and just played around it and it's entirely that a gimmick. If everyone played the game like I did it would absolutely be boring I have no doubt about that, but that's a very unlikely scenario.
    "Yo are you maf?"
    "yes"
    "LYNCH HIM!"

Anyone who has any kind of foresight can see that from miles away.

blah blah blah
    You know how you could've avoided this? Stop playing like a troll and play normally to win. Again, preventable numerous times and something you should've picked up on in the last 4 months in 3 reports, but people like you are too foolish to learn from their lessons. Removing you from the player pool was a wise decision because now the average IQ of the remaining 199 player base has increased by 0.35 points to 120.

Also, when are you going to leave? LMAO at a 'goodbye' post but still coming back for another 5 days later to follow up. Reminds me of this video.
    Last edited by HentaiManOfPeace; June 13th, 2021 at 04:16 PM.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

It was a post for the people I could no longer play the actual game with my guy. I also always played to win so I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest.
    So? That still doesn't explain why you're here five days later. So why are you still here? Leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was looking at an old replay today and ZZorange was in it. He helped me Lynch an evil (with no leads, just a d2 random), whereas the rest of the town was just kinda... idk dumb? Also I had a default name and didn't get targeted.
    WTF is this nonsense? Of course you don't react to random accusations with no leads. Everyone acted rationally to avoid newbie exec claims.

30. ISO #30

So? That still doesn't explain why you're here five days later. So why are you still here? Leave!

WTF is this nonsense? Of course you don't react to random accusations with no leads. Everyone acted rationally to avoid newbie exec claims.
    Why are you so bothered by him posting? He’s banned, you can move on and spend less time worrying about him. Continuing to respond to him is giving him more reason to stick around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Why are you so bothered by him posting? He’s banned, you can move on and spend less time worrying about him. Continuing to respond to him is giving him more reason to stick around.
    I think some people misinterpreted his post as leaving the site rather than the game.

Since he still plays FM on the site, but is unable to play the mod due to a permaban.

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Because he said "goodbye", which is supposed to be a definitive farewell for any native English speaker. You know when everyone says their goodbyes and leaves the party? This is a guy who left the house but is still on premise watching you through the windows. I feel extremely upset and violated with this shitty player still being here. So that's why I'm confronting this two-facedness to 1) shit on his legacy, 2) highlight what a douchecanoe he is, and 3) call him out on his two-facedness.

I'm just making him accountable that when he says goodbye, he actually leaves. This is an example of what I'm talking about.

But here we are with two people here, LagAttack and Oberon, to defend this miscreant's character as if that mattered. He is/was more of a net-negative than a net-positive and anyone who isn't a mouthbreather knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I think some people misinterpreted his post as leaving the site rather than the game.

Since he still plays FM on the site, but is unable to play the mod due to a permaban.
    LOL, so he's not leaving the site? Why on earth did this warrant a goodbye post for arcade? No one gives a shit who enters or leaves there.
    Last edited by HentaiManOfPeace; June 13th, 2021 at 06:29 PM.

33. ISO #33

Just move on and let the people who do care comment if they decide that they want to. Not everything in life has to be made into some sort of fight, and this is definitely one of the more unnecessary ones I’ve seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

LOL, so he's not leaving the site? Why on earth did this warrant a goodbye post for arcade? No one gives a shit who enters or leaves there.
    You seem to

EDIT: Yes, by being a belligerent asshole you are definitely holding him accountable. Where did I go so wrong?
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; June 13th, 2021 at 08:35 PM. Reason: double post
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    You seem to

EDIT: Yes, by being a belligerent asshole you are definitely holding him accountable. Where did I go so wrong?
    Ah, everyone's favourite white knight is here to challenge my intellect.

I told you I don't give a shit who enters or leaves SC2 Mafia arcade. What I do give a shit about is this man's integrity where he says he's leaving, but he's still here like a metastasized cancer. Do you understand that now? Jesus, so you're those people who failed the academic English stream in high school.

37. ISO #37