S-FM 341: American Flag Nightless - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

Re: S-FM 341: American Flag Nightless

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That is true, but this game isn't mechanical. Like you can't just use math to progress your way through the game. I think you're just using math cuz it's easier than getting an actual read on a player (as Mafia, which is hard to do). Like every situation is different and therefore the actual utility of an action is always different from that indicated by the numbers.
    Maybe, but I feel like that's how Martin's brain works. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Maybe, but I feel like that's how Martin's brain works. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    Yes I'm aware of that possibility. IIRC Martin mentioned having Asperger's so maybe he is more "mathematically" oriented

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

In such a case, the action just translates to "bad play", right? I feel like saying "bad play = NAI" is wrong, though, because scum can very well play "bad" on purpose to get away with the "too scummy to be scum" defense.

it was just a joke xD
    And it was funny
    but it doesn't matter much
    explain the joke
    idc abt ur social rules
    Praise the Lord!

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

More thoughts:

I thought of pressuring Martin because his reads didn't really make sense to me (how can it occur to both alignments to "hammer" early? when I said it occurred to me, it only occurred to me to day kill ceko at the very start of d2. I most definitely did not want to day kill on d1).

I feel like his reads are somewhat made up IMO. He also seems to be changing his explanation every post. I do not like that lol

Like who thinks about the utility of an action before deciding they will be doing it?
    Town certainly doesn't go into these detailed analyses of what the optimal play is, with utility/NAI stuff and whatnot lol. It feels like he's trying to prove ceko is Mafia, which is absurd because you cannot prove anything in this game, and it feels "scummy".
    -vote MartinGG99
    SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!
    GUNFIGHT!

GUUNFIGHT!

GUUUNFIGHT!
    Praise the Lord!

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus View Post
    I cant quite but Oberon that case on Martin is whack.

Town always does & should go in to analysis of what the optimal play is

It's the point of mech

I dont even know what Martins point is, I just know your line is whack
    Wrong. I am Town and never​ do that so that point is garbage.

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

explain the joke
    idc abt ur social rules
    ok then...
    theres a plane
    planes have copilots
    you acted like someone had called you a trash bag or something
    martin pretended it was an imaginary copilot
    we laughed
    the end

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!
    GUNFIGHT!

GUUNFIGHT!

GUUUNFIGHT!
    pls no XD
    I cant quite but Oberon that case on Martin is whack.

Town always does & should go in to analysis of what the optimal play is

It's the point of mech

I dont even know what Martins point is, I just know your line is whack
    Yesn't. I will let Oberon defend himself on this point, but I don't think he's necessarily completely wrong.
    Also- MM, it's not angle shooting to use things that happened pre game.

Meta is pre game, how someone played in a past game is pre game, stuff ppl say pre game about non mafia things is fine too
    It's not pregame and it's not meta lol, it's very recent.

Anyway, what do you think we should do with Ceko?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

28. ISO #128

Nope. Getting a read on people wins games. Mechanically trying to figure out the optimal play á la game theory loses games.
    OK my read on you is you are chucking out reads that aren't logical/real based on my experience.

Your longest read was wifomy and seemed to serve no purpose- we obv need to kill cecko and it just seems really....pointless?

The guy shot one of the strongest villagers I know. Without asking questions. The chance of shooting mafia at random is low.

Hes probably not town and DEFINITELY not town siding

29. ISO #129

ok then...
    theres a plane
    planes have copilots
    we laughed
    the end

pls no XD

Yesn't. I will let Oberon defend himself on this point, but I don't think he's necessarily completely wrong.

Kill ceko.

Wolf siding, not towny posting, killing villagers.

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

I want to day kill MM, he is starting at us from the bushes with his French eyes. Creepy
    Mwhahahahaha

In all seriousness though, I'm heavily multitasking right now, so I'm here but not entirely
    pls no kill xD
    Nope. Getting a read on people wins games. Mechanically trying to figure out the optimal play á la game theory loses games.
    ..... no, that is very wrong lol. You have to read setups and play properly to win games. WIFOM temperates the efficiency of game theory, but you can't just throw game theory out of the window for this
    Cecko-oberon w-w
    Why?

33. ISO #133

ok then...
    theres a plane
    planes have copilots
    we laughed
    the end

pls no XD

i like your cats
    Praise the Lord!

34. ISO #134

Mwhahahahaha

In all seriousness though, I'm heavily multitasking right now, so I'm here but not entirely
    pls no kill xD

..... no, that is very wrong lol. You have to read setups and play properly to win games. WIFOM temperates the efficiency of game theory, but you can't just throw game theory out of the window for this

Why?
    You can, I always do it in the mod,
    Distorted always does it when he plays.

*looks at MM when he claimed Crier at Citizen*

35. ISO #135

Kill ceko.

Wolf siding, not towny posting, killing villagers.
    I think it really is that simple, yes. Like, if he is town, he trolled. But he likely is just scum. That's probably the one time policy lynches are absolutely good

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

You can, I always do it in the mod,
    Distorted always does it when he plays.

*looks at MM when he claimed Crier at Citizen*
    Yes, but I was basically a noob and tried a bad gambit. If I had done what Zeus said, I wouldn't have CC'd Crier and wouldn't have ruined things xD.

And yes, you always can play suboptimally, just like you always have a choice when you do anything: RADICAL FREEDOM! But if you want to achieve a goal that consists in winning the game, you shouldn't do that.

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

I think it really is that simple, yes. Like, if he is town, he trolled. But he likely is just scum. That's probably the one time policy lynches are absolutely good
    Let me ask you something. Let's say hypothetically you are town, yes? Let's also hypothetically you trolled and day killed on d1. Should you be killed?

The answer to this is NO. Lynching town is ANTI-TOWN. It baffles me how you guys don't understand this
    Lynching a townie just cuz he acted anti-town is pretty fucking stupid if you ask me lol

It means you didn't want to figure out his alignment because "tis too difficult" so you just set a barrier past which you do not feel bad if you are wrong

I'd like to play this game properly and actually try to understand these things and people's mentality and etc which is what this game is about.

In the end, you have to accept that trolling is part of the game and it happens lol

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

This policy lynch argument would be valid if ceko still had access to a day kill, but he doesn't anymore lol
    I am not saying ceko is town, but killing him for just "he did thing which is bad to town so therefore he is bad" is stupid.