S-FM 302: Magellan (15p) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Vladislow Kennt View Post
    What is the best voting type? One could make a case that condorcet is best for our republic members.
    You going to make that case? While you deliberate that, you allowed me to tag on this post to this one. What do you think about the setup?

attachment post:
    Found out ISOs are going to suck to do.
    -vote S-FM Rotholfo Goncales
    One of the eight people who haven't posted yet.

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Gollert Twissell View Post
    Well of course I believe what I am saying, but in end-endgame people shouldn't be voting each other than to hammer yeah? Like in a 2v1 nobody votes until someone is sure. In plurality, you allow people to express their votes.

What really is the purpose of pressure? I've been thinking about it. Sure, without vote pressure it's much harder to get different responses from some of the more inactive people, but really we should all be contributing.. without the need of players others prodding us. We all need to be discussing who is town and who isn't.

And I would also argue that pressure is still applied. Players who aren't town enough will get lynched by the end of the day, and knowing how hard it is usually to change people's minds, it's a good idea for everyone to be as town as they can from the get-go. Those that fail to keep that up will get weeded out.

I'm thinking about doing the bird vote if not the plurality vote.
    I still think you beleive this discussion will somehow net you Town points. Do you think my skepticism of your motives is based on a desire to solve you or bury you?

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    Addition:I think you believe what you're saying, but I think you believe it will somehow grant you credit.

I still think you believe this discussion will somehow net you Town points. Do you think my skepticism of your motives is based on a desire to solve you or bury you?
    I believe this discussion will net me Town points, and I am Town, and I want Town points. I'm going to say solve? Not that I really passed that hard judgment yet. Weird thing is, you also think I believe what I am saying so shouldn't to you it seem natural for me to express this stance?

You're asking me to read you reading me lol. Which is fine, but slightly funny.

7. ISO #57

I believe this discussion will net me Town points, and I am Town, and I want Town points. I'm going to say solve? Not that I really passed that hard judgment yet. Weird thing is, you also think I believe what I am saying so shouldn't to you it seem natural for me to express this stance?

You're asking me to read you reading me lol. Which is fine, but slightly funny.
    I'm asking you to move beyond egoistic plays of clamoring for ill-deserved town points and instead actually solve whether or not other players are genuinely solving or not.

Talking about voting preferences just isn't alignment indicative. Expecting to get points because you shoot for the moon saying one vote system is better than the other is nonsensical. Do you beleive Mafia would argue for a different voye system, or make arguments on this topic in bad faith? Its a rhetorical question - no. So you don't get Town points for this topic.

I'm asking you again to instead start looking at the game through other players perspectives. Would they do this as Mafia? COULD they say this kind of thing as Mafia? No? Okay, start making your Town pile.

What you're doing now isn't solving. But I still want to beleive you're Town. I'm asking you to solve instead of whatever it is that you're doing. Can you follow my train of thought here and does that make sense to you?

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    Also you two sound like TvT buffoons.
    Two questions for you:

1]
    What part of the posts indicate an argument wherein a versus exists? I understood this to be communication for the sake of reaching understanding. I think we both are looking for ways to advajce the game in favor of Town. That's not necessarily conflict, is it?

2]
    How certain are you that we are both Town? And what indicates that certainty in your opinion?

15. ISO #65

Two questions for you:

1]
    What part of the posts indicate an argument wherein a versus exists? I understood this to be communication for the sake of reaching understanding. I think we both are looking for ways to advajce the game in favor of Town. That's not necessarily conflict, is it?

2]
    How certain are you that we are both Town? And what indicates that certainty in your opinion?
    Ugh

16. ISO #66

Not surprising to see that there is the typical amount of troll-posting by those who can't be bothered devoting brain-power to useful endeavors and those who would rather fill our screen with useless posts.

We should be focusing our mental energies on the one game-play mechanic we currently have the ability to alter, which is
    [/COLOR]
    lynching.

Majority: Lynch requires >50% of total votes. Ties resolved by RNG.

Plurality: The player with the most votes is lynched at EoD.
    Hammering is disabled.

Plurality w/ Majority: Same as plurality, but with an extra majority rule: if a player attains >50% of the votes, they are lynched.

Condorcet: Instead of voting for one player, you rank players in order of who you want lynched. The candidates are then compared to each other on a pair-by-pair basis; the candidate that wins the most 1v1 pair duels is lynched. Hammering is disabled.

I really don't see the practicality of Condorcet and think it will only may the process more confusing because inevitably many will not submit votes and others will be careless in their ranking. I vote to veto Condorcet.
    Majority is ok but we have better options.
    Plurality is clearly the most advantageous lynch type for Town. We don't risk hammering prematurely, we can still press our advantage of numbers. Remember lynching is our primary weapon and so we only hinder ourselves by requiring there to be a majority although most of the time Plurality and Majority should result in the same outcome.

I vote for PLURALITY

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Two questions for you:

1]

2]
    1. Reaching understanding requires a disagreement. The disagreement in this case is his approach to gaining town-cred.

2. This early, Gollert screaming "look at me, I'm so town" seems fine. Your rebuffed expression to it seemed natural, though a bit aggressive in rhetoric.

Are you both not town?

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Bart Pilfter View Post
    Not surprising to see that there is the typical amount of troll-posting by those who can't be bothered devoting brain-power to useful endeavors and those who would rather fill our screen with useless posts.

We should be focusing our mental energies on the one game-play mechanic we currently have the ability to alter, which is
    [/COLOR]
    lynching.

I really don't see the practicality of Condorcet and think it will only may the process more confusing because inevitably many will not submit votes and others will be careless in their ranking. I vote to veto Condorcet.
    Majority is ok but we have better options.
    Plurality is clearly the most advantageous lynch type for Town. We don't risk hammering prematurely, we can still press our advantage of numbers. Remember lynching is our primary weapon and so we only hinder ourselves by requiring there to be a majority although most of the time Plurality and Majority should result in the same outcome.

I vote for PLURALITY
    I am sufficiently convinced by this argument. How do we vote for lynch method?

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Vladislow Kennt View Post
    Your post just screams tryhard trying to look townie d1. That is all.
    Now we're getting somewhere!

I can see how you would think that because the vibe I'm bringing is in sharp contrast to the kinds of posts I've seen happening. So yeah, I can see you reading my posts and thinking, "that's a tryhard." But that's exactly why I'm trying hard. The posts so far have been pretty lacking and the overall bar is pretty low. If you think my motivation warrants suspicion because I'm looking only to benefit myself, you're mistaken. My goal is to increase meaningful communication and hopefully raise the bar of the game overall. Can you understand how this would create an environment that would make it more difficult for Mafia to hide?

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

Why are you voting for plurality w/ majority?
    Simple plurality prevents hammering, and requires less coordination of all of town votes. (we only need half of town to be awake)
    Hammering generally hurts town I think.
    I'm picking plurality w/ majority because that's what I'm used to

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    1. Reaching understanding requires a disagreement. The disagreement in this case is his approach to gaining town-cred.

2. This early, Gollert screaming "look at me, I'm so town" seems fine. Your rebuffed expression to it seemed natural, though a bit aggressive in rhetoric.

Are you both not town?
    Thank you!

You're right that there was a disagreement. The idea was that they thought discussing voting preferences was alignment indicative, and that they deserved credit for that. I was more looking to collaborate, not destroy them. I think that difference helps distinguish a normal conversation from a 'versus'.

I asked for your rationale about your reads because it felt as though maybe you reached alignment conclusions too easily for the level of certainty you were conveying. What worried me is that this felt like you may have had too much information and you wanted to 'look cool' by dismissively telling the thread 'correct' alignments. From my perspective it felt suspicious, but I admit two things:

1] I would read us both as Town there too

AND

2] I don't beleive your post is a smoking gun. If you are Mafia it's not for this reason of showing off by displaying too much information. Too often smoking guns are used as excuses to push players and they're often nothing but red herrings. I'm not going to push you for this, but I did want you to know where I'm coming from.

Did this exchange help give you a better idea of where I'm at and what to look for going forward?

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    You know what else is boring?
    Not being able to put pressure on anyone for 24 hours
    Don't worry, I'll figure it out. It's just a roadblock to overcome at the moment
    My experience with anonymous games has been positive. The characters that arise from the personas and avatars is usually endearing at the end. Except Punchy. Fuck Punchy.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

i hope the souls of scum count as vegetables.
    are souls vegetarian? they sure aren't meat imo
    I see you interacting a lot here but it feels like you weren't up for talking to me until I gave you an in. Were avoiding reacting to my posts? If so, why? Maybe even give me something free flowing from the heart about what you think of my input so far?

50. ISO #100