S-FM 336: (Ladder) Politico II - Page 19
Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

Re: S-FM 336: (Ladder) Politico II

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    "Suspected throughout the day" is a weird way to put it considering I wasn't suspected any more than anyone else until after I had already departed for the day, and a lot of that suspicion was just from Guillo who didn't like me being inactive. But Guillo is well-known to scum-read people as a way to apply pressure on their slot in order to move the game state in a more favorable direction.

Which means from my POV, reading the people that votes Frinckles as < rand town is still valid - if they were wolf, why didn't they just vote me instead of an apathetic Frinckles? Surely I would have been a better person to flip from a wolf POV?

Or do you disagree on that?
    Stop using < without a space, it destroys your messages xD the site thinks you're putting HTML in there or something.

From your point of view assuming you are town, which is in no way a safe assumption this game. Also, sorry but you were suspected as soon as the game started, and never really got townread afterwards. Guillo was a very vocal town leader who could absolutely lead town to your lynch - and it was credible enough for scum to fear it would work. Whether it was a trick or not actually doesn't matter, since all it takes for scum to try to change the gamestate is the game appearing to be going against them.

Also, I would be surprised to see any significant amount of people other than yourself who know Guillo well enough to establish such a meta tell on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #902

yes? i dont think so tbh
    your ISO today is bad IMO : fluff posting, accumulating many empty posts in a scum PQR-fashion, putting PQR (i think it was PQR ?) at L-1 and your post clearing medic/gov/judge would be borderline suicidal as town
    But then again you didnt felt legit from my POV in 334 either and you were town.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I would tend to agree with that if it weren't for that "This is basically WIFOM and thus complete trash" one-liner addressed to PQ. You just don't say that to a scummate lol. Assuming scum!PQ, Oliver is town imo.
    Idk, i have done it in the past because people spewing garbage kinda triggers me, even when said garbage is supporting my cause. But would i have sent the message in a forum-based game ? Admittedly, probably not.

3. ISO #903

MM, the thing that is really not sitting right with me is you labeling me as scum for reading people that were on the Frinckles wagon as >rand town and people that were sitting off as < rand town.

Like that line of thought is absolutely correct for someone that is a strong town.

And you've said multiple times you consider me to be a very strong town. And yet my line of thought that is valid for strong town players is invalid because...?

Feels a bit like talking out of both sides of your mouth there, I might just be getting paranoid after nearly getting chopped yesterday while afk, like lmao what even was that?? But this is the kind of inconsistency that I don't think I've ever seen in your town game. Ditto for the aggression, I think this is the most aggressive I've ever seen you play.
    if you put a < without a space again, you are confirmed scum :P

Seriously though: what is your point, that your point of view is so good it comes from a "strong town", so it's coherent with your skill level? I feel like I don't understand what the post is supposed to mean, because that is incredibly weak and flawed lol, so you're probably not actually saying that

WHAT inconsistency, though? Also, ask anyone who's been around to know me long enough, they will tell you my town playstyle is very aggressive at times

~~

This feels more like a massive miscommunication than like a real TvS interaction, tbh. I think Lag is still very wrong logically speaking and asking me to assuming they're town to conclude they're town, but idk, I just have a bad feeling about lynching them now. Ugh.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #904

Stop using < without a space, it destroys your messages xD the site thinks you're putting HTML in there or something.

From your point of view assuming you are town, which is in no way a safe assumption this game. Also, sorry but you were suspected as soon as the game started, and never really got townread afterwards. Guillo was a very vocal town leader who could absolutely lead town to your lynch - and it was credible enough for scum to fear it would work. Whether it was a trick or not actually doesn't matter, since all it takes for scum to try to change the gamestate is the game appearing to be going against them.

Also, I would be surprised to see any significant amount of people other than yourself who know Guillo well enough to establish such a meta tell on him.
    This... this doesn't really address my point.

You are criticizing my actions saying they are scummy... because I am assuming I am town? Like, what?

If you want to call them NAI because they'd be how someone would act as either scum or town, fine.

But saying my actions are scummy for making reads on the assumption of my own rolecard being green... it doesn't feel like a very genuine effort on your part to solve my slot, which is a stark contrast to the town MM play I usually see.

5. ISO #905

and thats a scum-mm - move again
    ....excuse me? what is this recycling of Lag's (bad) argument lol? This is like saying "Yeah!" when someone is being berated next to you or something, it feels so wrong xD

6. ISO #906

This... this doesn't really address my point.

You are criticizing my actions saying they are scummy... because I am assuming I am town? Like, what?

If you want to call them NAI because they'd be how someone would act as either scum or town, fine.

But saying my actions are scummy for making reads on the assumption of my own rolecard being green... it doesn't feel like a very genuine effort on your part to solve my slot, which is a stark contrast to the town MM play I usually see.
    No no, I'm saying you are asking ME to assume you are town to read you. It is fair to assume to be town for yourself if you're town (obviously). But you cannot "disprove" my theory about Frinckles by asking me to assume you are town, and then scumread me for refusing to assume you are town when there is nothing indicating that from my point of view...

7. ISO #907

if you put a < without a space again, you are confirmed scum :P

Seriously though: what is your point, that your point of view is so good it comes from a "strong town", so it's coherent with your skill level? I feel like I don't understand what the post is supposed to mean, because that is incredibly weak and flawed lol, so you're probably not actually saying that

WHAT inconsistency, though? Also, ask anyone who's been around to know me long enough, they will tell you my town playstyle is very aggressive at times

~~

This feels more like a massive miscommunication than like a real TvS interaction, tbh. I think Lag is still very wrong logically speaking and asking me to assuming they're town to conclude they're town, but idk, I just have a bad feeling about lynching them now. Ugh.
    Explained this more in #904

8. ISO #908

Let me put this in another way: why should I townread you, Lag? You have not been particularly solvy, successful, have not had any clearing interactions (or even potentially clearing with potential scum), do not have your usual tone... and then you ask me to assume you are town and to base my world on this? What about no lol?

9. ISO #909

Yes. "??" does not even necessarily exist, by the way: the setup says 2 or 3 corrupts. I have a few question marks, namely Gikkle and Renegade (and maybe Loldebite), who would have to be looked into assuming both PQ and Lag flip scum and the game is still going.
    There isn't a world where Renegade and Lag are scum together.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #910

No no, I'm saying you are asking ME to assume you are town to read you. It is fair to assume to be town for yourself if you're town (obviously). But you cannot "disprove" my theory about Frinckles by asking me to assume you are town, and then scumread me for refusing to assume you are town when there is nothing indicating that from my point of view...
    One of the benefits of being wagoned is that it gives you a clarity to solve the game. It happened to me in my first FM game, Last Hope - where because the wolves pushed me so hard all game, it basically solved the game for me, you remember my last will from that game? It had the exact solve in it.

I believe your exact words were:
    @Lag this is probably the best last will I've ever seen lol
    In this game I have received the same benefit, although not to quite the same extent as in that game.

So to me, the world that makes the most sense is that the people on the Frinckles wagon were >rand town
    People off wagon are >rand wolf.

And if that's true, then the wolves will want to "resolve" the Frinckles wagon to get some free mis-chops.

This world view is reinforced by my town-reads on both oliver and Gikkle, my wolf-read on SB16, and your play today feels very uncharacteristic for how I'm used to seeing you. Maybe it is just old, aggressive town MM that has come out of retirement at the exact same time as all these other factors. Like, is it possible? Sure. But... it just seems more likely to me that you're wolf rather than this big series of conditional events all aligning.

11. ISO #911

Let me put this in another way: why should I townread you, Lag? You have not been particularly solvy, successful, have not had any clearing interactions (or even potentially clearing with potential scum), do not have your usual tone... and then you ask me to assume you are town and to base my world on this? What about no lol?
    This is very well put.

What Lag has been saying makes perfect sense- if you assume he is town. He hasn't actually said anything that makes him likely to BE town, though. His entire case against me and MM is "well, I know I'm town, so X Y Z." If you townread Lag, then that's not a bad case. If you don't townread him it doesn't make any sense at all.

I did something very similar last game, but the difference there was that I was able to build up completely unrelated town cred by making objective calls that did not require you to base them off of a preexisting read.

If me and MM are scum because we're trying to create mislynches in the theoretical world where both Lag and Frinckles are town, then I want to ask... what the hell? Is there only 2 scum in that scenario? We don't have mayor in that group so I'd bet there's a 3rd scum. Who would it be? What are they doing right now?

12. ISO #912

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    your ISO today is bad IMO : fluff posting, accumulating many empty posts in a scum PQR-fashion, putting PQR (i think it was PQR ?) at L-1 and your post clearing medic/gov/judge would be borderline suicidal as town
    But then again you didnt felt legit from my POV in 334 either and you were town.

Idk, i have done it in the past because people spewing garbage kinda triggers me, even when said garbage is supporting my cause. But would i have sent the message in a forum-based game ? Admittedly, probably not.
    from ur POV:
    is my ISO more towny when you keep in mind that im a Newb?
    Praise the Lord!

13. ISO #913

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I did something very similar last game, but the difference there was that I was able to build up completely unrelated town cred by making objective calls that did not require you to base them off of a preexisting read.
    That's what I'm missing here @Lag

You've skipped the step of building actual credibility and gone straight to "yeah, sure, here's the scum, ya-de-da-de-da". I know you're a good player so you can totally falsify a town POV. But I don't actually see any reasons why you're town.

14. ISO #914

15. ISO #915

This is very well put.

What Lag has been saying makes perfect sense- if you assume he is town. He hasn't actually said anything that makes him likely to BE town, though. His entire case against me and MM is "well, I know I'm town, so X Y Z." If you townread Lag, then that's not a bad case. If you don't townread him it doesn't make any sense at all.

If me and MM are scum because we're trying to create mislynches in the theoretical world where both Lag and Frinckles are town, then I want to ask... what the hell? Is there only 2 scum in that scenario? We don't have mayor in that group so I'd bet there's a 3rd scum. Who would it be? What are they doing right now?
    This feels like you're not even trying to understand the point I'm making.

Like, from my POV, you and MM are >rand wolf and so I'm acting accordingly. Accusing me of being scum because of that is some weird shit. The continuation vote on me because I was a counter wagon on day 1 is some weird shit.

Like if you want to call my actions NAI, fine, you're wrong, but accusing them of being scummy is just scumpainting. And I'm not going to equivocate on my reads to avoid pressure, because I believe in my reads and their legacy.

Also discrediting someone's reads because they don't have a 3 person scum-team solve is a joke.

The joke is even funnier because it's possible that there actually only are 2 wolves. I don't think that's the case, but if that does end up being the case, then your comment of "who's the 3rd scum" is meme-worthy

16. ISO #916

That's what I'm missing here @Lag

You've skipped the step of building actual credibility and gone straight to "yeah, sure, here's the scum, ya-de-da-de-da". I know you're a good player so you can totally falsify a town POV. But I don't actually see any reasons why you're town.
    Then why didn't you vote me at EoD yesterday? You just left your vote on a vanity wagon instead.

17. ISO #917

18. ISO #918

19. ISO #919

One of the benefits of being wagoned is that it gives you a clarity to solve the game. It happened to me in my first FM game, Last Hope - where because the wolves pushed me so hard all game, it basically solved the game for me, you remember my last will from that game? It had the exact solve in it.

I believe your exact words were:

In this game I have received the same benefit, although not to quite the same extent as in that game.

So to me, the world that makes the most sense is that the people on the Frinckles wagon were >rand town
    People off wagon are >rand wolf.

And if that's true, then the wolves will want to "resolve" the Frinckles wagon to get some free mis-chops.

This world view is reinforced by my town-reads on both oliver and Gikkle, my wolf-read on SB16, and your play today feels very uncharacteristic for how I'm used to seeing you. Maybe it is just old, aggressive town MM that has come out of retirement at the exact same time as all these other factors. Like, is it possible? Sure. But... it just seems more likely to me that you're wolf rather than this big series of conditional events all aligning.
    Okay

PLOT TWIST

Lag is town. I can see how they would view me as out of my meta, considering they never knew how I played before, and then bias themselves into reading me as scum because I don't see them as town. They're expressing a very coherent and logical thought process from their point of view.

Here's a relatively old game where that "other meta" of mine may appear more clearly: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...lent-Night-14P
    you don't have to read it lol but it may help

THAT BEING SAID. Townies didn't just change their minds en masse for no bloody reason and decide to jump the gun on Frinckles at EoD, because that simply never happens. There absolutely was scum influence in there, and I refuse to believe town just royally fucked up like this when there was no reason to do so without any external influence. So I do NOT drop my other reads, and still think you're wrong to clear those who were on the wagons

And if you're town, sincerely, damn you lol.

20. ISO #920

This is very well put.

I want to buy town!Lag now based on how they're acting right now, the thought process they express. This doesn't make this any less of a mindmeld, though, so I ++++ you for this lol

21. ISO #921

paopan was wayyy more active in 334 where he was town
    he didnt contribute anything
    -------
    how about a massclaim btw?
    pqrn and me already claimed
    whos third cm???
    I guess at this point, it cannot really hurt, and it will out the Attorney, who is probably not so good-willed (although that is not certain)....

I am the Governor (pardon at night, makes someone lynch immune the next day). This is mostly useless for town lol so I didn't use it.

MASS CLAIM TIME

22. ISO #922

Okay

PLOT TWIST

Lag is town. I can see how they would view me as out of my meta, considering they never knew how I played before, and then bias themselves into reading me as scum because I don't see them as town. They're expressing a very coherent and logical thought process from their point of view.

Here's a relatively old game where that "other meta" of mine may appear more clearly: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...lent-Night-14P
    you don't have to read it lol but it may help

THAT BEING SAID. Townies didn't just change their minds en masse for no bloody reason and decide to jump the gun on Frinckles at EoD, because that simply never happens. There absolutely was scum influence in there, and I refuse to believe town just royally fucked up like this when there was no reason to do so without any external influence. So I do NOT drop my other reads, and still think you're wrong to clear those who were on the wagons

And if you're town, sincerely, damn you lol.
    Looking through your ISO on that now, found this gem:

Breadcrumbing your alignment is pretty much useless lol.
    lmao, I know in context no one actually proposed that idea, but just imagining someone being like "Hey everyone, let's all bread crumb our alignments this game"

23. ISO #923

Medic can self-heal, so WIFOM is present anyway.

24. ISO #924

color time!

Frinckles (4 [L-3]):
    PQRnHack, oliverz144, Gikkle, Voss
    NotPaopan (1 [L-6]):
    Lag
    PQRnHack (1 [L-6]):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Voss (1 [L-6]):
    NotPaopan
    Lag (4 [L-3]):
    Guillo, Renegade (Mayor), Frinckles
    oliverz144 (1 [L-6]):
    Stealthbomber16
    Renegade (1 [L-6]):
    Loldebite
    i hope thats the way i rly see it
    colours r so confusing ahhhhh
    Praise the Lord!

25. ISO #925

26. ISO #926

27. ISO #927

28. ISO #928

29. ISO #929

i dont think the SA will come and just say it
    we need to do elimination process
    The SA very much should come and just say it, because not doing so will only make them more suspicious when we PoE them out.

30. ISO #930

color time!

Frinckles (4 [L-3]):
    PQRnHack, oliverz144, Gikkle, Voss
    NotPaopan (1 [L-6]):
    Lag
    PQRnHack (1 [L-6]):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Voss (1 [L-6]):
    NotPaopan
    Lag (4 [L-3]):
    Guillo, Renegade (Mayor), Frinckles
    oliverz144 (1 [L-6]):
    Stealthbomber16
    Renegade (1 [L-6]):
    Loldebite
    i hope thats the way i rly see it
    colours r so confusing ahhhhh
    W H A T

How is PQ top town to you
    What is this heresy lol? You do know that congressmen =/= town, right?

31. ISO #931

32. ISO #932

33. ISO #933

yeah but he did good input in chatzy
    very good
    Elaborate. Plus, why would that "very good input" remain in Chatzy? If he's town, he has no reason to keep info there and not say it elsewhere, since he doesn't know if others can be trusted.

34. ISO #934

Looking through your ISO on that now, found this gem:

lmao, I know in context no one actually proposed that idea, but just imagining someone being like "Hey everyone, let's all bread crumb our alignments this game"

Lmao nice

I reread my own ISO and laughed at the Blink - me stuff. That game was fun lol.

35. ISO #935

Then why didn't you vote me at EoD yesterday? You just left your vote on a vanity wagon instead.
    I was actually moving my vote to Frinckles as EoD arrived.

36. ISO #936

Don't talk to me ever again

37. ISO #937

I think I had a reason to pick him over you. I don't remember what it was. It was clearly a wrong one.

38. ISO #938

Guess the Massclaim can't hurt since a lot of the PRs aren't acting. Just boxes wolves.

I'm the Judge- vote remove-y dude.

39. ISO #939

40. ISO #940

41. ISO #941

42. ISO #942

43. ISO #943

44. ISO #944

why didnt you do anything n1
    same goes for mm
    and lag: who did u try to safe last night?
    Why the heck should I protect anyone from lynch during the night lol? I can't protect myself, so I'm basically useless.

45. ISO #945

46. ISO #946

didnt you have any strong town reads after d1
    guillo, or me, or SB16?
    Pardoning someone is just going against the will of the majority, which considering the majority is town (and if it's not, then you have bigger problems), basically means going against the will of town. AKA anti-town. If town thinks someone shouldn't be chopped, then they can just... not vote them?

The role is basically just a glorified vanilla, unless MM is a wolf in which case the role can be pretty potent later on. But as long as he doesn't use the power, I don't think him just having the role is AI at all

47. ISO #947

Pardoning someone is just going against the will of the majority, which considering the majority is town (and if it's not, then you have bigger problems), basically means going against the will of town. AKA anti-town. If town thinks someone shouldn't be chopped, then they can just... not vote them?

The role is basically just a glorified vanilla, unless MM is a wolf in which case the role can be pretty potent later on. But as long as he doesn't use the power, I don't think him just having the role is AI at all
    yeahh... interesting
    Praise the Lord!

48. ISO #948

49. ISO #949

we talked bout 10v2 or 3v9 and stuff
    meta stuff
    balance
    discussed players
    i think hes maybe not that goo as i thaugth
    he pocketed me
    He ended up being your top town-read based off a private chat between you two only, with "constructive discussion" that somehow wasnt constructive enough to be worth discussing with the whole town. Yes, sounds like he did pocket you lol.
    Why did you vote Frinckles instead of Lag again ?

50. ISO #950