S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game - Page 15
Register

User Tag List

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #701

2. ISO #702

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    Yes, Orpz hydra still has their vote on us and has done nothing but vote parked us and tunneled us this entire day. If they are IC (and the majority of town believes it), then someone get in here and help us lynch Funcall or Calette (no I don't see this happening) because ika works at noon Central and I will be away until after deadline. I will ask him to post here before he goes to work and if he sees interest in these lynches, he can switch. Otherwise it's Orpz right now cuz I don't think HellzFrog is a good lynch today and the only other vote is on us and we are town. The fact Orpz hydra should realize this and is still voting us is really, really bad rn. Also, I'd like to reiterate, that it is far easier to read people IMO if hydra's would sign their posts.

~SilverWolf
    Eager for another lynch, from what happened before when that vote on TDL backfired? Please can you state

3. ISO #703

4. ISO #704

5. ISO #705

6. ISO #706

Quote Originally Posted by Calette View Post
    Meaning what? Do you want to lynch them still?

If not, why make that comment?
    Nah, but I just find it suspicious, but then again, any claim has always got those suspicions. But what people have stated, we will wait to see what happens if they are confirmed or not.

7. ISO #707

Quote Originally Posted by Funcall View Post
    Nah, but I just find it suspicious, but then again, any claim has always got those suspicions. But what people have stated, we will wait to see what happens if they are confirmed or not.
    How is claiming Innocent Child suspicious? It's the equivalent of claiming Mayor. What is the point of suspecting it when it's easily proven?

8. ISO #708

How is claiming Innocent Child suspicious? It's the equivalent of claiming Mayor. What is the point of suspecting it when it's easily proven?
    Because, bit this is unlikely, what happens if it turns out that yes they got confirmed for being town, but one of the scum roles would of been something equivalent to a judge?

9. ISO #709

Because, bit this is unlikely, what happens if it turns out that yes they got confirmed for being town, but one of the scum roles would of been something equivalent to a judge?
    But then again, this is a stupid post from myself because of the amount of town to scum within the game.

10. ISO #710

It's a UPick setup. It makes sense for someone to try and insta-confirm themselves by asking for such a role.

What does a Judge have anything to do with an Innocent Child? That's a massive stretch in role speculation to even consider that as a reason to distrust them.

11. ISO #711

12. ISO #712

13. ISO #713

Quote Originally Posted by OrpZedWorlds View Post
    [7:43:30 PM] MZ: I’m townreading Calette atm; their meta is much more aggressive as scum, methinks.
    [8:31:28 PM] me: well guys
    [8:31:31 PM] me: if we get lynched
    [8:31:43 PM] me: I'd say we generated decent reads
    [8:31:46 PM] me: and VCA
    [8:31:47 PM] DW: yeh
    [8:32:05 PM] me: Consider us at L-2, there's no way that Empathy wont vote us
    [8:32:09 PM] me: and Calette will probably, too
    [8:32:12 PM] me: so we're actually at L-1
    [8:32:24 PM] me: actually TDL scumreads us
    [8:32:27 PM] me: so we're fucked
    If your role is this confirmable, why would you think you were fucked? The only people that would early-hammer in this game would be Empathy17. (see Flashpoint) Nobody else does it because they get so much flak on this site.

This only makes sense if your role DOESN'T confirm alignment.

This was one of my first posts. I crumbed that my role would tempt people to visit me. This is because my role is host-confirmed to be vulnerable to night kills as soon as night starts.

t. Orpz
    Is this a claim of having the Macho modifier? Not sure how else to read this. If it's not, then just say 'No' and don't elaborate.

Is your ability passive or active? Do you have to PM the Host to activate your ability or does it happen naturally as soon as Day 1 ends?

Spoiler : Claim :
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    We need the WIFOM protection. Let me find some more examples from our chat.

[3/29/2016 8:04:24 PM] DW: Aren't we kinda a miller?
    [3/29/2016 8:04:28 PM] MZ: Kinda.
    [3/29/2016 8:04:45 PM] MZ: But, I mean, when we claim that negative utility, who will believe we’re lying?
    [3/29/2016 8:04:58 PM] DW: We got like, two negative utilities
    [3/29/2016 8:05:06 PM] MZ: Exactly.
    [3/29/2016 8:05:10 PM] MZ: How could we be scum?
    [3/29/2016 8:05:14 PM] DW: three if you include the last will and wipe thing,
    [3/29/2016 8:05:29 PM] MZ: “Also if you need a little bit of skullfucking, I'm your man. “
    [3/29/2016 8:05:37 PM] DW: yup
    [3/29/2016 8:05:46 PM] DW: VERY distinguishable.
    [3/29/2016 8:05:47 PM] me: that was so out of nowhere
    [3/29/2016 8:05:48 PM] me: loved it
    [3/29/2016 8:06:09 PM] MZ: Are we the lulz hydra in a game of srs players?
    [3/29/2016 8:06:15 PM] DW: yup
    [3/29/2016 8:06:18 PM] DW: No doubt
    [3/29/2016 8:06:27 PM] me: well
    [3/29/2016 8:06:29 PM] me: we have no choice now
    [3/29/2016 8:06:36 PM | Edited 8:07:12 PM] me: I was memeing but I planned to be serious later on
    [3/29/2016 8:06:49 PM] MZ: Guys I can be serious and hammer someone.
    [3/29/2016 8:06:57 PM] me: personally I think being the lulz hydra would be good, since if we play it correctly, we'll die at night anyway

The better part is, if you still think I'm being a fraud with our notes, then I must be pretty good, cause this is Town tell as hell. The best part is Fire basically confirms our role when night starts.

We have three aspects to our role. The Aspect of Orpz is the one that confirms our roles. I suspect this is because this was my original role PM to him (paraphrased):

"....
    and if this role is still too powerful, I guess I'll take the regular green Innocent Child.
    Innocent Child
    You are host confirmed as Town.
    "

t. Orpz

Quoting for reference. Again, can't comment much further on this without knowing wherever their alignment is confirmed.

14. ISO #714

15. ISO #715

16. ISO #716

17. ISO #717

If you want a scumread, then here it is.

Helz/Frog are both too good of players to be so far off on their reads. Which is why I get a feeling they're not Town. Rather, scum taking the easy bait. How many people was it that called us out before you jumped on us? 3 ish? Empathy, TDL, and Calette. Right, it would definitely be easy to play it off as an """"""""""""""""accident"""""""""" once the mislynch occurs.

No, but this is just all a gut feeling and completely unsubstantiated. Except I also now know that you saw me at L-1, and left the thread after you viewed my rebuttal. This is more or less the obvious "yeah I'll just let him be hammered while I'm away" scheme that absolves you of suspicion. Put your money where your mouth is, respond to my defense with a claim that you're perfectly fine with this lynch occurring.

Best case: I'm totally wrong and you're actually a Town taking the low hanging fruit. Still, you come back to the thread and continue our dialogue.
    Paranoid case: You're scum defending Empathy.
    Shit case: I get hammered before I post this post.

You expect us to have detailed reads on players via scumhunting before Day 1 even ends. Not only is that totally unreasonable in a game with multiple personalities per player, but it also makes you seem overly sticky.

Like I said, our role is confirmed at night. THIS NIGHT. AS SOON AS THE DAY ENDS. From anyone's point of view, this is an absurd low-reward, high-risk lynch.

t. Orpz
    Helz Here.

I left because I wanted to pass out. It was like 1 or 2 AM last night and I had been hitting that bottle pretty good. You can try to twist that shit into a scum tell if you want to but I don't give a fuck how you read me. This is still my thoughts.

You have 3 experienced heads in that Hydra yet you have done zero real scum hunting. When flat out asked to point out a single scum tell last night you avoided the question. I never said "Detailed scum reads" I just asked you to specifically give reasoning for any read. Your slot is constantly throwing shit around like "This player is my top XXXXX read" but there is never any reasoning with it. All you have done is push on Empathy while saying all kinds of conflicting bullshit about how you guys read the slot. If 2/3 of your hydra town reads the slot why the hell would you allow your 3rd to push on it? That is just batshit insane.
    In a word- I do see tons of scummy behavior from your slot and I also agree with Frog that Empathy pretty much can't be team scum. Heres your unvote just because of your role claim, but if you are lying I am going to be all over your ass again tomorrow.
    -unvote

I will not be willing to vote either Calette or Tank today.

18. ISO #718

I am just gona cut back for a second and say this again.
    If you are going to read a player give reasoning with it. Its worthless to say you scum read a slot without saying why. The only way good lynches happen is if someone steps up and explains exactly why it is they scum read the slot. This way other players can look at the read and agree/disagree and there is a foundation for a good train.

19. ISO #719

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    "....
    and if this role is still too powerful, I guess I'll take the regular green Innocent Child.
    Innocent Child
    You are host confirmed as Town.
    "
    But that isn't your role. IC is confirmed from the very start of the game, lolwut.
    If this is what you've submitted, then just lol. This is something that can be faked at any time.

The role fishing of this hydra, the explicit outburst, that they're a "miller" and someone claims being an Innocent Child which isn't confirmed, this is just a massive big red herring.

-vote OrpZedWorlds

This whole discussion is just...

20. ISO #720

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post
    Question. Does it include alignment. Or not?
    Yes.

If your role is this confirmable, why would you think you were fucked? The only people that would early-hammer in this game would be Empathy17. (see Flashpoint) Nobody else does it because they get so much flak on this site.

This only makes sense if your role DOESN'T confirm alignment.

Is this a claim of having the Macho modifier? Not sure how else to read this. If it's not, then just say 'No' and don't elaborate.

Is your ability passive or active? Do you have to PM the Host to activate your ability or does it happen naturally as soon as Day 1 ends? Two of them are negative-utility and that's as much as I'll elaborate today.

Quoting for reference. Again, can't comment much further on this without knowing wherever their alignment is confirmed.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat. Less urgent and more "Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this". It was essentially a joke off the slippery slope fallacy.

Unfortunately, I do have a Macho modifier. This will be part of the confirmed package. It's analogous to how some Mayors can't be protected by heal. This ability is passive. We have two other "Aspects of (HydraHead)" but they are passive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spearheading Female Tank View Post
    What i'm worried about is they mentioned a last will and wipe thingy.
    And i'm just hoping they aren't some sort of disguiser variant.
    I asked my Hydraheads yesterday and they said that they made the password, not Fire. Which means Disguiser and co. are mechanically ruled out because Fire doesn't know the passwords. Also because we have main accounts playing so it would be awfully weird to ask for their account.

t. Orpz

21. ISO #721

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    Helz Here.

I left because I wanted to pass out. It was like 1 or 2 AM last night and I had been hitting that bottle pretty good. You can try to twist that shit into a scum tell if you want to but I don't give a fuck how you read me. This is still my thoughts.

You have 3 experienced heads in that Hydra yet you have done zero real scum hunting. When flat out asked to point out a single scum tell last night you avoided the question. I never said "Detailed scum reads" I just asked you to specifically give reasoning for any read. Your slot is constantly throwing shit around like "This player is my top XXXXX read" but there is never any reasoning with it. All you have done is push on Empathy while saying all kinds of conflicting bullshit about how you guys read the slot. If 2/3 of your hydra town reads the slot why the hell would you allow your 3rd to push on it? That is just batshit insane.
    In a word- I do see tons of scummy behavior from your slot and I also agree with Frog that Empathy pretty much can't be team scum. Heres your unvote just because of your role claim, but if you are lying I am going to be all over your ass again tomorrow.
    -unvote

I will not be willing to vote either Calette or Tank today.
    MattZed and I Town read Empathy but Deathworlds is free to have his own opinion and pursue it. Even if I thought it was misguided, his conversation with her was productive.

Fair enough, I'll rip into Funcall during my break today (starts at noon).

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    But that isn't your role. IC is confirmed from the very start of the game, lolwut.
    If this is what you've submitted, then just lol. This is something that can be faked at any time.

The role fishing of this hydra, the explicit outburst, that they're a "miller" and someone claims being an Innocent Child which isn't confirmed, this is just a massive big red herring.

-vote OrpZedWorlds

This whole discussion is just...

Dude I never said that was my role. I literally said that that was the UPick idea I sent to Firebringer and explained how it helped shaped my current role.

t. Orpz

22. ISO #722

Dude I never said that was my role. I literally said that that was the UPick idea I sent to Firebringer and explained how it helped shaped my current role.

t. Orpz
    It's the opposite of what you're having lol.

I want Vigilante, I get fucking Doctor. Much opposite. (Not a claim)

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

25. ISO #725

26. ISO #726

I asked my Hydraheads yesterday and they said that they made the password, not Fire. Which means Disguiser and co. are mechanically ruled out because Fire doesn't know the passwords. Also because we have main accounts playing so it would be awfully weird to ask for their account.
    This is something I considered myself. I can not imagine a disguiser being a part of this game. If it was not for this fact I probably wouldn't have moved my vote even with that claim.

27. ISO #727

This is something I considered myself. I can not imagine a disguiser being a part of this game. If it was not for this fact I probably wouldn't have moved my vote even with that claim.
    If I would put a disguiser in a non-anon game, I'd make it so that the disguiser disguises as the role and alignment of the person and cleans the role of the victim.

28. ISO #728

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    If I would put a disguiser in a non-anon game, I'd make it so that the disguiser disguises as the role and alignment of the person and cleans the role of the victim.
    Yeah. Thats possible. I am kind of out of my norm here. I would usually weigh the potential outcomes and come up with some logical decision but thats kind of impossible when just about any role can be in the game.

29. ISO #729

Done catching up.
    My one qualm is that there's always the possibility that their role gets to make the mod say whatever they want during night, even confirming them as a different alignment. If that's the case, this is the most bastard setup ever, and we're fucked.

They haven't done anything resembling scumhunting, and have only focused on the neutral, which is by itself a scumtell. Who gives a fuck about the neutral? We're here to nail the scum like this was Golgotha 00 CE.

Working under the assumption that they're Town, regardless of being useless as fuck, then I'll go back to my previous hypothesis and say that there's at least one scum among Hell Frog and Calette.

I've already stated my thoughts on Hell Frog.
    Calette has been super passive, and now they're using Funcall's lurking and being useless as a scumtell, even when Calix is always the first to say "That's just Mikecall being Mikecall" every single time I point out that he's doing nothing.

Hell Frog already has a vote, so might as well go there.
    -vote Hell Frog

Also, we are going to claim in a bit, simply because we are going to be pretty much confirmed Town in a couple of hours. If OrpZedWorlds are telling the truth, then they're so rekt it's not even funny.

@Neutral, unless you got brain damage and went for a scum-sided wincon, your best play is to join the mighty Town and don't get in our way. If you play nice, we will give you your win before ending the game with our victory; we have the numbers and the time to do it, even if you picked a Jester.

-vote Hell Frog

30. ISO #730

31. ISO #731

I've already stated my thoughts on Hell Frog.
    Yeah, you did. You said that you town read me and before that you said that you thought myself or Calette could be scum because we were not leading the town. All I am going to say is that pool is as bad as the reasoning on it. Here is my vote

-vote Firebringer

While you are here though what do you think about RLVG?

32. ISO #732

Yeah, you did. You said that you town read me and before that you said that you thought myself or Calette could be scum because we were not leading the town. All I am going to say is that pool is as bad as the reasoning on it. Here is my vote
    I listed way more reasons than that. I'm also pretty sure that I've never said you are Town, because I haven't townread you for a second this game.

While you are here though what do you think about RLVG?
    I would prefer if he elaborated on his thoughts on Cage, but he's alright.

33. ISO #733

Tank- Pretty solid plays all around. Stays active and consistently seems to be working to solve the game. Also claims a conformable town role.

Calette- Very likely town.

Empathy- Either town or neutral. Likely town

Nicolas Cage- Null, This slot has trolled its ass off today. The moment I feel like they are about to start playing they cut right back to trolling. Either need to pressure the slot to play for real or wait until it quits pissing days away

RLVG- I always have 9 kinds of hell reading this player.

Funcall- Slightly leaning scum. Looks unproductive but something specific has kept me from pushing this slot today

TheDarkestLight- Slightly leaning scum. I presented my reasoning earlier

OrpzZedWorlds- I straight up scum read this slot so many ways. Constant contradictions and avoiding questions with a desire to lynch anything. Claims a conformable role. I bet were still going to lynch him tomorrow.

34. ISO #734

Look man i'm townreading you but you continue to be inconsistent
    This was post 548 quoting me. You were literally pushing inconsistency between things Frog has said on this Hydra and things I have said. You should probably read through your own posts again if you don't know what your other head was pushing or why.

35. ISO #735

Tank- Pretty solid plays all around. Stays active and consistently seems to be working to solve the game. Also claims a conformable town role.

Calette- Very likely town.

Empathy- Either town or neutral. Likely town

Nicolas Cage- Null, This slot has trolled its ass off today. The moment I feel like they are about to start playing they cut right back to trolling. Either need to pressure the slot to play for real or wait until it quits pissing days away

RLVG- I always have 9 kinds of hell reading this player.

Funcall- Slightly leaning scum. Looks unproductive but something specific has kept me from pushing this slot today

TheDarkestLight- Slightly leaning scum. I presented my reasoning earlier

OrpzZedWorlds- I straight up scum read this slot so many ways. Constant contradictions and avoiding questions with a desire to lynch anything. Claims a conformable role. I bet were still going to lynch him tomorrow.
    The best part about confirmable roles is that you can scum read them all you want but you'd never lynch them

Anyways I'm here now and ready to rip into Funcall.

-vote Funcall

Going through his posts now.

t. Orpz

36. ISO #736

This was post 548 quoting me. You were literally pushing inconsistency between things Frog has said on this Hydra and things I have said. You should probably read through your own posts again if you don't know what your other head was pushing or why.
    This is my post, we are having a hydra chat about what we think of you.
    But since you claim IC there is no harm in doing a full claim, i want to know what last will thingy you got going for you.

-Game Freak

37. ISO #737

38. ISO #738

But since you claim IC there is no harm in doing a full claim, i want to know what last will thingy you got going for you.

-Game Freak
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking for my last will? As far as I know, we don't have one.

t. Orpz

39. ISO #739

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking for my last will? As far as I know, we don't have one.

t. Orpz
    Not one that we sent to Firebringer, anyways. We talked about what we should write, but haven't written one, if you get what I mean.

t. Orpz

40. ISO #740

Not one that we sent to Firebringer, anyways. We talked about what we should write, but haven't written one, if you get what I mean.

t. Orpz
    [3/29/2016 8:04:45 PM] MZ: But, I mean, when we claim that negative utility, who will believe we’re lying?

Talking about this third negative utility

41. ISO #741

Who's for the game, the biggest that's played.
    The red crashing game of a fight.
    I know the rest but don't want to write anymore.

Who is ready for a no-contribution scrub checking in here.
    Funcall's first post sets the tone for him not being a major contributor. This is interesting because whoever wrote this was probably thinking that his other hydra head wouldn't talk much either. Either they conspired to be lazy, or given their alignment, they knew they weren't going to contribute a lot.

Empathy's posts scream neutral to me.
    Okay, cool. So he scumreads her but not Mafia-reads. Maybe he knows she isn't Mafia. If it's for a different reason that he neutral-reads her, he sure didn't state it.

Inb4 Jester Win
    Displays confidence in his neutral-read. How is this possible in early Day 1 unless you have prior knowledge about where Empathy's alignment could possible be? Or rather, since I'm calling Funcall out as Mafia, where Empathy's alignment cannot be. At this point, I really think Funcall is Mafia who knows that Empathy is not Mafia.

The next posts are passive, joking type posts. "I bet Calette will have lots of questions." "How is everyone?" etc.

From what I have read at the moment, Hell Frog and Calette strongest town leads, with Empathy being strongest scum / neutral.

Reason for empathy, emotion controls the posts, and the vote on tank seems to be through agenda, but glancing through it, I think it's for this reason alone.

I havent read the whole chat with Tdl yet, with the points he has made at the moment, but will respectively get back to that on a later post.

Hell Frog's does make a few decent points which I found to be if a pro town lean, and Calette, you are doing your normal play, which I found at the moment for Toadette being Toadette, Calix being the normal questionable self,

With Empathy, I would beware, since if the hydra is neutral, I bet they might have the neutral wanting to be lynched approach.
    Nothing on us, which is offensive because by this point we have already gathered a lot of attention and discussion. This post made me highly doubt that he read anything at all, and just went with the general tone in the last few posts.

Gonna take a brief intermission to reply to SFT.

t. Orpz

42. ISO #742

-Game Freak
    Easy- Here it is

[/spoiler=last will]
    Why the fuck would I have a last will on day 1
    [/spoiler]

I am not sure what you are doing. But I will say that the only player I would be willing to lynch today based on chat would be TDL. Funcall would be an ok target if we had actually applied pressure and built a case before now but with only 6 town and 3 scum putting together a lynch this late in the day is a bad idea. The only real trains throughout the day were Empathy, TDL, and OrpzZedWorlds. My reasoning on TDL is pretty soft, Orpz is not gona happen with his claimed reveal about to happen and I have a soft town read on Empathy. Any other target may as well be a random lynch.

I almost always support lynching D1. Its my favorite day because its where there is the biggest gap between the informed perspective of scum and the uninformed perspective of town. This is when scumhunting is pure and nailing a scum is most gratifying. But throwing together a random lynch is both useless to analyze the next day as well as just a stupid play when its 6v2v1. Its a high risk situation that I am not willing to risk especially given that every player probably has some kind of night action that will be useful tomorrow. Hence my vote on Firebringer for the no lynch.

That said the most productive thing I feel we could do with this time we have left is to bounce ideas off etchother so we have more information to reference tomorrow. Forcing scum to take positions on players eliminates their ability to wiggle out of situations and limits their ability to just lynch anyone and say "I have been scum reading this slot all along"

43. ISO #743

44. ISO #744

Fair point. I did read that, just forgot about that particular line.

Why are you townreading Calette? Both of the players on your account have read them as Town without giving a solid reason for it, and like I've said Calette is being a fluff mistress this game and I can't find a reason to color them green as opposed to leaving them on the grey, if feeling magnanimous.

45. ISO #745

Talking about this third negative utility
    If certain conditions are met on our death, then our last will is erased and role is wiped off. Like if we were Janitored.

t. Orpz

46. ISO #746

Fair point. I did read that, just forgot about that particular line.

Why are you townreading Calette? Both of the players on your account have read them as Town without giving a solid reason for it, and like I've said Calette is being a fluff mistress this game and I can't find a reason to color them green as opposed to leaving them on the grey, if feeling magnanimous.
    I would rather not go into our Calette read until later in the game. The only 2 slots we really talked about in our Hydra chat was Calette and OrpzZedWorlds. I am comfortable with that slot for now.

47. ISO #747

Also, I'm ok with lynching Funcall for policy reasons if we don't reach a consensus soon. If anything, that'd get rid of a non-contributor who's only increasing the required ammount of votes required to lynch somebody.

By the way, when I say "I", I mean just me, and not the hydra as a whole. In thse cases, I'll use "we".
    We haven't really discussed a lot other than actions and a little something that GameFreak just discovered, so when posting reads and leanings towards other players, just assume they are individual ones.

48. ISO #748

I've been reading. Its been very interesting to watch the developments. I still think that Empathy is the Neut.
    Judging harshly? All our posts either look forced(Mike), or hold nothing of interest at all(Me)
    Funcall claims to have been reading but not any input on our hydra. Call me vain, but I think that we were very much the focal point of discussion today. So why is Funcall avoiding the main discussion?

t. Orpz

49. ISO #749

50. ISO #750

Funcall claims to have been reading but not any input on our hydra. Call me vain, but I think that we were very much the focal point of discussion today. So why is Funcall avoiding the main discussion?

t. Orpz
    I would agree with this and say that you made some decent points above. I would honestly have to really dig into the role before saying I would be willing to lynch the slot. I do not like the timeline.

Could we get a day extension to make up for the time the thread was locked? Even if it was only locked 2 hours with 2 hours added it still took players longer to identify that it was back up and running