[SUGGESTION] New Role.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

[SUGGESTION] New Role.

I don't know if there's a better forum for suggestions. If so, feel free to move it there.

Anyway, my idea is to add the Illuminati. Yes, yes, everyone wants this and it's always a stupid idea.

I think mine is pretty solid, though.

Objective is to survive to the end, but the Illuminati will have a power similar to cult. We don't have much room for another alignment though, so what will happen here is the Illuminati will be a benign role and he will subvert a player each night. When he subverts a player, the player's vote will be stolen so long as he is subverted. The Illuminati will control trial votes by default, and it will look as if the subverted players cast the vote. The Illuminati will be able to subvert up to 1 or 2 players. The Illuminati will know the role and last will of the subverted player. The Illuminati can also type -cue to turn the day into anonymous ballot for the day, and during this time he will cast ballots for his subverted targets.

So basically, our options on the Illuminati benign player will be:

Can use -cue: Yes/No
    Cannot be killed at night: Yes/No
    Maximum 1 subverted: Yes/No
    Maximum 2 subverted: Yes/No

So he will work just like the cult except he won't share his alignment. His vote count will increase while a subverted player(s) becomes 0. However, the other subverted player will appear to vote and will only notice he was controlled if he looks or gets in trouble for voting that way, making it a stealthy but fun benign. This will occur only during trials, and only if the Illuminati votes. If the Illuminati abstains, his subverted will be able to vote. So the subverted will be able to figure out if they are subverted, but they won't know who the Illuminati player is. He also won't be able to prove to town that there is an Illuminati.

Obviously this will need to be a unique role, since it'll be the most powerful benign. And benign deserves it's own unique role!
    Should be a natural fit for your typical 9-3-3, too, without really damaging any of the existing gameplay and balance.

I'm shuffling two other ideas around too:
    The Illuminati can talk to the subverted members at night.. If he chooses to. All subverted players will hear the Illuminati, but not eachother.
    If a target gets subverted twice.. he becomes converted entirely to a benign "Illumni" and can subvert an additional player (but the Illuminati player will retain vote control.)
    The Illuminati can type -cue once per game to initiate an anonymous ballot where he controls the votes of his subverted targets. This will give him a small function in game styles other than trial, and will also give him power during marshal or judge reveal. I think this is basically essential because we need to make him into something that will work for other Day Types.

I'd like to see the Illuminati remain more or less true to the name. For that, it needs to function like an Amnesiac; you might know there is one, but you can't quite prove that someone is it. He's got to have no crimes, and he can't control anything other than ballots or trial votes. The Illuminati will be able to control town very subtly. A few people can know that the Illuminati exists, but they will look a bit crazy when they claim the Illuminati is in control. If things get really shaky, he can cause a cue and probably get away without anyone really knowing who to blame. He can only do this once, and it doesn't exactly guarantee that he's going to get out of anything.

Very powerful, yes, but the consequences are very benign.
    Last edited by Nucka blitz; April 2nd, 2016 at 07:55 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: [SUGGESTION] New Role.

Sounds interesting, and I agree that Benign needs it's own Unique role... but. I have a question on one thing:
    You steal their roles so.. that means you gain an extra vote? That sort of makes it easy to tell you're illuminati by having 2 extra votes... and making townies lose votes would sort of decrease your likeliness to not be lynched by them, Since like a survivor you could swing your extra votes any way you want.

Unless that's not what you meant. But if not taking away town votes would still anger them.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    Sounds interesting, and I agree that Benign needs it's own Unique role... but. I have a question on one thing:
    You steal their roles so.. that means you gain an extra vote? That sort of makes it easy to tell you're illuminati by having 2 extra votes... and making townies lose votes would sort of decrease your likeliness to not be lynched by them, Since like a survivor you could swing your extra votes any way you want.

Unless that's not what you meant. But if not taking away town votes would still anger them.
    Oh, right. I forgot to go over that. I'll update again. I meant for all of this to only apply to trial style votes. Not "vote to lynch" votes.

(snip)
    Updated. I think that should solve the vote to trial versus jury vote question.
    Last edited by Nucka blitz; April 2nd, 2016 at 07:56 AM.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Nucka blitz View Post
    I don't know if there's a better forum for suggestions. If so, feel free to move it there.

Anyway, my idea is to add the Illuminati. Yes, yes, everyone wants this and it's always a stupid idea.

I think mine is pretty solid, though.

Objective is to survive to the end, but the Illuminati will have a power similar to cult. We don't have much room for another alignment though, so what will happen here is the Illuminati will be a benign role and he will subvert a player each night. When he subverts a player, the player's vote will be stolen so long as he is subverted. The Illuminati will control trial votes by default, and it will look as if the subverted players cast the vote. The Illuminati will be able to subvert up to 1 or 2 players. The Illuminati will know the role and last will of the subverted player. The Illuminati can also type -cue to turn the day into anonymous ballot for the day, and during this time he will cast ballots for his subverted targets.

So basically, our options on the Illuminati benign player will be:

Can use -cue: Yes/No
    Cannot be killed at night: Yes/No
    Maximum 1 subverted: Yes/No
    Maximum 2 subverted: Yes/No

So he will work just like the cult except he won't share his alignment. His vote count will increase while a subverted player(s) becomes 0. However, the other subverted player will appear to vote and will only notice he was controlled if he looks or gets in trouble for voting that way, making it a stealthy but fun benign. This will occur only during trials, and only if the Illuminati votes. If the Illuminati abstains, his subverted will be able to vote. So the subverted will be able to figure out if they are subverted, but they won't know who the Illuminati player is. He also won't be able to prove to town that there is an Illuminati.

Obviously this will need to be a unique role, since it'll be the most powerful benign. And benign deserves it's own unique role!
    Should be a natural fit for your typical 9-3-3, too, without really damaging any of the existing gameplay and balance.

I'm shuffling two other ideas around too:
    The Illuminati can talk to the subverted members at night.. If he chooses to. All subverted players will hear the Illuminati, but not eachother.
    If a target gets subverted twice.. he becomes converted entirely to a benign "Illumni" and can subvert an additional player (but the Illuminati player will retain vote control.)
    The Illuminati can type -cue once per game to initiate an anonymous ballot where he controls the votes of his subverted targets. This will give him a small function in game styles other than trial, and will also give him power during marshal or judge reveal. I think this is basically essential because we need to make him into something that will work for other Day Types.

I'd like to see the Illuminati remain more or less true to the name. For that, it needs to function like an Amnesiac; you might know there is one, but you can't quite prove that someone is it. He's got to have no crimes, and he can't control anything other than ballots or trial votes. The Illuminati will be able to control town very subtly. A few people can know that the Illuminati exists, but they will look a bit crazy when they claim the Illuminati is in control. If things get really shaky, he can cause a cue and probably get away without anyone really knowing who to blame. He can only do this once, and it doesn't exactly guarantee that he's going to get out of anything.

Very powerful, yes, but the consequences are very benign.
    Haha April fools u got me xD

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post

Nice, this actually looks pretty fun now. It would be fun to mess with people's votes... And it can swing both ways, very Benign.

Would be fun to see him control, for example, The Judge's vote during court... Or the Mayor's Vote. LOL!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

6. ISO #6

my idea for a new role would be the hypnotist he is a neut evil that can silence one player a day and talk and vote for them, so for example u could control the confirmed sheriff get a player lynched and the real sheriff couldnt say or vote at all because he was hypnotised. It is sort of like a day version of the witch and simialar to the blackmailer except u can actully talk and vote for them because u are a neut evil and it would be op if a mafia had that power. The settings would work like this:
    Limited to 2/3 hypnotizes: on/off. Has to wait a day between hypnotizes: On/off. Can talk at night: on/off.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by minnorobot View Post
    my idea for a new role would be the hypnotist he is a neut evil that can silence one player a day and talk and vote for them, so for example u could control the confirmed sheriff get a player lynched and the real sheriff couldnt say or vote at all because he was hypnotised. It is sort of like a day version of the witch and simialar to the blackmailer except u can actully talk and vote for them because u are a neut evil and it would be op if a mafia had that power. The settings would work like this:
    Limited to 2/3 hypnotizes: on/off. Has to wait a day between hypnotizes: On/off. Can talk at night: on/off.

I actually really like this idea. We should implement it as soon as the staff finishes their strike.

8. ISO #8