S-FM 245 Which Witch is Which? - GYRLANDER - - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM 245 Which Witch is Which? - GYRLANDER -

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    If neither of us are Witches, and neither is Soviet, putting him at L-2 means both witches could come on and vote him, thus ending day 1 then blaming 1 of us for starting the chain.
    Unless that was the goal?
    The hammer would automatically get lynched. However, what the hell was the goal of this? Something weird just happened there
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #52

Oh, adding sheeping to the list: to sheep someone/a vote is to vote with someone without giving a reason.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The hammer would automatically get lynched. However, what the hell was the goal of this? Something weird just happened there
    Looking for reaction. but a game with multiple new people, if the hammer was a new player that throws an entirely new variable into it; especially since auto-lynching the hammer ends the game if he is town.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

Hi don't vote me lol I was eating! Yeezus.

Thoughts on a role call Day 1? Worst case scenario if everyone participates we get 3 citizen claims and 4 hunter claims. Will let us narrow it down. Only 2 people have an incentive to lie out of 7.

I suggest this because the numbers are low enough where just 2 or 3 people state roles would have a large effect on the game.

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60
    Ganelon

how crucial the lynches in this game are* lol
    And this is why the meta is Lynch Distorted d2 :P (kidding)

11. ISO #61

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    Also saying this right now, I'll be talking more. the first game was me watching to see how it's played here. (inb4 i lurk...AGAIN)
    Nice! We'll need everyone's input in order to win this game. As Distorted said, this is a merciless setup.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Love View Post
    Hi don't vote me lol I was eating! Yeezus.

Thoughts on a role call Day 1? Worst case scenario if everyone participates we get 3 citizen claims and 4 hunter claims. Will let us narrow it down. Only 2 people have an incentive to lie out of 7.

I suggest this because the numbers are low enough where just 2 or 3 people state roles would have a large effect on the game.
    Sadly this is not how FM works... And even if only the scums were lying about their roles, I'd be against this.
    There is why: TPRs (Town Power Roles) will probably want to claim Citizen in order to survive at night. You can't be 100% sure townies won't lie about their roles.

But the next this is that a mass rolecall only reveals TPRs in such a setup. I've played a very very very similar setup called Super Basic, 7 players with two TPRs two mafia (one mafioso one consig/consort) and 3 citizens. A massive rolecall was ordered, and all the TPRs (two detectives, I was one ) died. Then our dear host Gyrlander won as scum, even if (s?)he had claimed doctor before. Gyrlander managed to convince players that she had claimed Doctor in order to act as a meat shield, so the real TPRs wouldn't get killed. The game ended on a Mafia win. I don't want to see such a thing again.

So short story: NO MASS ROLE CALL ON DAY ONE.

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    Yeah, one mistake and we are at LyLo w/out lynching scum if they have a nightkill. I personally think we should treat it as if they have a Nightkill
    They have a nightkill, read the setup :P

15. ISO #65

how crucial the lynches in this game are* lol

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    And this is why the meta is Lynch Distorted d2 :P (kidding)
    ^^ let's get a serious meta note about Distorted though: he is a GREAT scum and will seem very pro-town to everyone as scum. Sorry Distorted, but since The Return of Haloden, I will never ever trust you unless host posts Distorted is the mayor with 3 votes.

17. ISO #67

Sadly this is not how FM works... And even if only the scums were lying about their roles, I'd be against this.
    There is why: TPRs (Town Power Roles) will probably want to claim Citizen in order to survive at night. You can't be 100% sure townies won't lie about their roles.

But the next this is that a mass rolecall only reveals TPRs in such a setup. I've played a very very very similar setup called Super Basic, 7 players with two TPRs two mafia (one mafioso one consig/consort) and 3 citizens. A massive rolecall was ordered, and all the TPRs (two detectives, I was one ) died. Then our dear host Gyrlander won as scum, even if (s?)he had claimed doctor before. Gyrlander managed to convince players that she had claimed Doctor in order to act as a meat shield, so the real TPRs wouldn't get killed. The game ended on a Mafia win. I don't want to see such a thing again.

Im all for a role claim in this scenario i have nothing to hide im only a mere ctizen

18. ISO #68

I just see a scenario that if we mis-lynch here we will have 2 witches calling out false leads.

But, in the setup im not seeing if witches know who eachother are or not, or if they share a night chat.

@Gyrlander do witches know each other? and do they have a night chat?

and btw: at the end of ur abbreviations you should type what they mean for the new players, since the terms here are not used on the mod (sc2mafia)
    Affirmative and Affirmative.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

19. ISO #69

2 or 4 votes would work too btw ;)

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Im all for a role claim in this scenario i have nothing to hide im only a mere ctizen
    DON'T START THE ROLE CALL PLEASE!! Not yet. On day two, maybe.

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

@Magoroth get your vote off sovietlove please. Just so the day doesn't get ruined by a turbo L-1.

23. ISO #73

Also id like to state that in my very humble opinion we dont really need a lynch today,
    You are stating things but not giving reasons for the statements. Mind to elaborate a little bit?

24. ISO #74

By the way, I'll go off for ± 3 hours soon, don't scream lurker alert please :P

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

Still doesnt matter, evils will lie TPRs will lie heck even im probally lieing
    It just creates more confusion, can we just talk for now please? Don't start messing up with people's minds!

27. ISO #77

You are stating things but not giving reasons for the statements. Mind to elaborate a little bit?
    I believe that a Lynch on day one it's completely random based on the fact that we have no night actions to go off of also if witch successfully kills it would be a 4 V 2 which is still in heavy favor of our town

28. ISO #78

I believe that a Lynch on day one it's completely random based on the fact that we have no night actions to go off of also if witch successfully kills it would be a 4 V 2 which is still in heavy favor of our town
    Hm, actually MYLO is not that bad... Maybe you're right, we should wait.

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

indeed but like you or distorted before both witches can just spit completely false leads they too and confuse the s*** out of everybody
    Me and Distorted before both witches? I don't get what that means o.O

31. ISO #81

Here is what I think:

Evils win no matter what IF they make town mislynch on D2.
    (Obvious exception is if town lynch an evil on D1)

So as far as I can tell, we have 2 options only:
    1. Lynch neither on D1 nor on D2 and hope we remain 3v2 on D3 with a lot of info to work with.
    2. We lynch someone on D1 whom half players find evil, other half find him good - making our D2 lynch much easier.

If we don't lynch on D1, then we agree to not lynch on D2 either and hope that only 0-2 townies died before D3.
    If we mislynch on day D1, then we lynch on D2 and evil or gg.

Of the two options that I mentioned: 2nd one can be worked around by the evils with mindgames.

I advocate we abstain for D1 and D2. Unless someone can come up with a reason why more than 2 townies could die before D3.
    --------------------------
    do witches know who eachother are?
    I love FM lol. Every post makes me paranoid. Like this question of yours - it makes me wonder if you do that on purpose so others think that you can't possibly be a witch.
    I get more and more paranoid during this FM lol
    @Marshmallow Marshall , I have procrastinated all the reading till this point. I expect myself to have read it all of FM Guides before D1 ends.

32. ISO #82

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Here is what I think:

1. Lynch neither on D1 nor on D2 and hope we remain 3v2 on D3 with a lot of info to work with.
    2. We lynch someone on D1 whom half players find evil, other half find him good - making our D2 lynch much easier.

If we don't lynch on D1, then we agree to not lynch on D2 either and hope that only 0-2 townies died before D3.

Of the two options that I mentioned: 2nd one can be worked around by the evils with mindgames.

I advocate we abstain for D1 and D2. Unless someone can come up with a reason why more than 2 townies could die before D3.

I love FM lol. Every post makes me paranoid. Like this question of yours - it makes me wonder if you do that on purpose so others think that you can't possibly be a witch.
    @Marshmallow Marshall , I have procrastinated all the reading till this point. I expect myself to have read it all of FM Guides before D1 ends.
    +1

33. ISO #83

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Here is what I think:

Grandmaster. There is also the possibility of Anti-Mage (Vigilante) that can add a death to the count. Plus, I feel like the experienced players are gonna die first (RIP me and Distorted). You're not that right about the D2 MYLO: Pyromancer can't kill N1, and GM might miss a kill. Let's not lynch D1. I did not take what you guys have said in account when I said we had to lynch today.

Also I KNOW FM IS SO FUN XD
    It's all good, you seem to already think correctly and you are being good for a new player

34. ISO #84

+1
    Explaining: +1 means adding a "town point" to that guy, so Distorted trusts OzyWho more because of this post. And I agree with him

35. ISO #85

Ok now going off, have fun guys I expect having something interesting to read when I'll be back... and I'll probably have more than I expect ^^

36. ISO #86

The scum claiming town power, and then claiming citizen and saying they're a meat shield is something i hadn't considered. I agree - no mass role call day1.

Well then.. I don't really know what we can do. We are just rando lynching otherwise.

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Love View Post
    The scum claiming town power, and then claiming citizen and saying they're a meat shield is something i hadn't considered. I agree - no mass role call day1.

Well then.. I don't really know what we can do. We are just rando lynching otherwise.
    I have changed my point on D1 lynch. If we let a night pass, we'll get a lot of information about the scum's roles and probably gather more information on players. We'll also get input from everyone (I hope!) before lynching someone. Let's just talk.

42. ISO #92

Lurker
    Lol at least you didn't scream xD

43. ISO #93

Wait, THAT'S ALL?! And I'm the only one browsing this thread?!!! Crap... We need more than that, guys! Communication is critical. 5 pages (assuming you have pages of 20 posts) isn't enough let's get this started better tomorrow IRL day.

44. ISO #94
    Ganelon

I apologize for the inactivity. I only got home about an hour ago. I am going to cancel my vote on Soviet Love in a moment.

-vote unvote
    Last edited by ; February 23rd, 2018 at 07:16 AM.

45. ISO #95

hmm I think we should still decide someone to lynch. Whether we follow through with that lynch or not will be decided later.

@OzyWho you are my strongest town read due to your post. However, it is 1 post and then leaving. anyone can post a good town strategy in 1 post and afk so will want to hear more from you as this day progresses.

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

Hi I am just posting to post. You say you want to hear more from me but idk what we can do d1 if people don't claim roles... someone in the last game I played (Rumox) did this and I thought it was really helpful.

So far, the only claim I brought out was blink claiming citizen. Then he later claimed he may be lying, and given that he was Arsonist last game and claimed doctor I'm wary about it. But I really don't get why a town would claim a role.

So far:

Hidden Witch
    Hidden Witch
    Hidden Witch Hunter
    Hidden Witch Hunter
    Citizen - Blinkskater
    Citizen
    Citizen