S-FM 189 Charmander's Revenge: Brotherhood - Page 15
Register

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
  1. ISO #701

Re: S-FM 190 Charmander's Revenge: Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    If I scream my lungs out in an airport "Allahu Akbar", would the real suicide bomber come out of hiding and the security on the airport would say "Wow dude, that actually worked."? Lol.
    I agree with a number of people here that forcing a face-off on who was actually Squirtle between a Magikarp and the real Squirtle was not a wise move. Essentially, it meant that a Town was going to be lynched either way that day (instead of scum), forced Squirtle to reveal, and damaged the credibility of SUPERDUCK once Empathy flipped as Squirtle. I understand that PLZLEAVEDUCK was running a gambit here, but this wasn't a Town-sided play by any means. It happened to work out, which was great for the Town, but I completely agree with RLVG"s analogy above. The Town won in spite of the gambit, not because of it. In terms of FM strategy, you shouldn't TPR hunt or create face-offs with TPRs as vanilla Town.

2. ISO #702

3. ISO #703

A few things since others are discussing this. Our claim was very town and very specific. If you are town and are gonna cc the cop, you need to do what Firebringer did and WIFOM it saying you have a town clear on the cop. You don't cc the cop for no reason and force a 1v1 if you are town. That is ridiculously antitown and makes zero sense. We came into the day with a town clear on Fire Viking. Why did we check them? Well, because we had a townread but were not certain and they were leading the town. So, if they were scum, we'd get a hard to lynch scum lynched. If they were town, then we can let them lead a town bloc. First think Duck does when we say we trust Fire Viking is to basically force us out and force a lynch between us and him. There is no way on Earth, that is a gambit worth making in ANY scenario at all. Town won despite that but not because of it like Darkness said.

~SW

4. ISO #704

The squirtle openly outted, nothing I said or did made(or should have) them claim. The fact is my claim was 100% towny in this exact scenario. If you believe in faking cop as a bad play, sure I can see that in a lot of scenarios, but not here.

Cop outting for no reason a town check gives the town really nothing, and gives the cult an auto squirtle conversion. Me claiming creates a possible world where they fuck up at night and try to cult me and get a magikarp or get a water gunned target. I was wrong on sparknuts at the time, but it did give me information that solved the game, and ultimately won us the game.

5. ISO #705

Yet I am still interested Wtf were Richard Dawkins' players doing in the game... Policy lynch and.
    Wo! Charmander! That did substract a little of epicness to the game. Also, Banana, how did he submit his actions? He told you some shit theory about of evolution you had to decypher? :P

Thank you Anonymous Donor

6. ISO #706

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    A few things since others are discussing this. Our claim was very town and very specific. If you are town and are gonna cc the cop, you need to do what Firebringer did and WIFOM it saying you have a town clear on the cop. You don't cc the cop for no reason and force a 1v1 if you are town. That is ridiculously antitown and makes zero sense. We came into the day with a town clear on Fire Viking. Why did we check them? Well, because we had a townread but were not certain and they were leading the town. So, if they were scum, we'd get a hard to lynch scum lynched. If they were town, then we can let them lead a town bloc. First think Duck does when we say we trust Fire Viking is to basically force us out and force a lynch between us and him. There is no way on Earth, that is a gambit worth making in ANY scenario at all. Town won despite that but not because of it like Darkness said.

~SW
    You came out and said you trust fire after he just hopped onto a mislynch, and tunnled on myself who was town. He did nothing that should have you trusting him at that point. His activity was good, but his reads were not the strongest at that point to say you trust him more than your own reads. The way you came out was too soon, I was not pressuring you or fire, but confused as why you trusted him. Fire's roleswapping you was obvious and a waste of words because we knew if he was cop he wouldnt cc you because if he checked you he wouldnt need to counterclaim you because he knew he was town and would let you take the squirtle swap.

You check me as cop everytime, or MAYBE a lurker, NEVER fire. He gave so much content, and was your ONLY town read you provided. Please do not defend you check, it was bad which is fine, but please dont defend it.

7. ISO #707

This isn't just a game with Mafia and Town,

This is Town and Cult.

You revealed as a Squirtle, openly. No good reason to. And in a cult game we had to think of the possibility that you where converted. And the way that slot acted made them look converted.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

8. ISO #708

9. ISO #709

Good game everyone!

The deciding day was the 4v3 day. As scum, I know we got complacent and didn't go into that day with a plan, and that's when everything fell apart. Gyrlander or SUPERDUCK were the lynches to try to lead that day, but we opened on Sparknuts. It was definitely winnable for both sides at that point.

Regarding balance, I agree the setup is a little more townsided than it could be and that there could be more scum night-kills. Town mislynched twice, including their cop, but was still able to pull out a win. I had to shed a lot of town cred to sheep the cop train; we had no way to eliminate him other than a lynch, so when the opportunity presented itself, we needed to take it. Cult's only way to counter TPRs is convert Charmander or save a conversion with the hope of using it after a TPR reveal.

Gyrlander won the game for town, IMO. For Duck, I can't give someone MVP after they were the driving force behind lynching a claimed cop. Points for effort and energy, but that gambit almost singlehandedly lost town the game.

-vote Gyrlander
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

10. ISO #710

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    You came out and said you trust fire after he just hopped onto a mislynch, and tunnled on myself who was town. He did nothing that should have you trusting him at that point. His activity was good, but his reads were not the strongest at that point to say you trust him more than your own reads. The way you came out was too soon, I was not pressuring you or fire, but confused as why you trusted him. Fire's roleswapping you was obvious and a waste of words because we knew if he was cop he wouldnt cc you because if he checked you he wouldnt need to counterclaim you because he knew he was town and would let you take the squirtle swap.

You check me as cop everytime, or MAYBE a lurker, NEVER fire. He gave so much content, and was your ONLY town read you provided. Please do not defend you check, it was bad which is fine, but please dont defend it.
    I already told you I don't give a fuck what you think and asked you not to address me. Your level of insults ruined this game for me and is one of many reasons I am leaving this site when my last game is up.

11. ISO #711

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    I already told you I don't give a fuck what you think and asked you not to address me. Your level of insults ruined this game for me and is one of many reasons I am leaving this site when my last game is up.
    You responded to me, so I responded back? Your insults really offended me too, I have difficulties reading and when you said I could not read it really upset me . I apologized, but you are too immature to apologize for what you said and are still going at it.

@MattZed lynching the cop was the best play town could make there. You were cult so you did not have to worry about the world where cult took our cop. A cop opening the day saying they have a town check looked like a cult claiming a town check on their partner, and it was needed to solve the game.

12. ISO #712

13. ISO #713

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Good game everyone!

The deciding day was the 4v3 day. As scum, I know we got complacent and didn't go into that day with a plan, and that's when everything fell apart. Gyrlander or SUPERDUCK were the lynches to try to lead that day, but we opened on Sparknuts. It was definitely winnable for both sides at that point.

Regarding balance, I agree the setup is a little more townsided than it could be and that there could be more scum night-kills. Town mislynched twice, including their cop, but was still able to pull out a win. I had to shed a lot of town cred to sheep the cop train; we had no way to eliminate him other than a lynch, so when the opportunity presented itself, we needed to take it. Cult's only way to counter TPRs is convert Charmander or save a conversion with the hope of using it after a TPR reveal.

Gyrlander won the game for town, IMO. For Duck, I can't give someone MVP after they were the driving force behind lynching a claimed cop. Points for effort and energy, but that gambit almost singlehandedly lost town the game.

-vote Gyrlander
    Thank you! I've gotta say that your first post, 'vote me or you're scum" actually gave me acum vibes and was the post that made me.decide you 100% sure. It is the typical thing I would say as mafia if I was random voted by many people. Like... Not saying "hey, I'm not scum" instead, you try to make fun of it. (And the fact you actually didn't defend yourself from your votes last day, and just saying why SD was scum.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

14. ISO #714

Official Case Statement on PLZLEAVEDUCKK's Rulebreaking

Cause
    During the game, we received multiple reports on PLZLEAVEDUCKK (henceforth Duck) regarding threatening private messages sent to other players of S-FM 190. Additionally, Duck was reported for out-of-game communication as well as severe personal attacks on multiple players in-game.

Out of Game Communication is punishable by up to 7 points infraction and a 2-game ban (Considered to be a subset of Griefing).
    Personal Attacks are punishable by up to 3 points infraction (Considered to be a subset of General Belligerence).
    For more details, the Forum Mafia Rules are located here.

Investigation
    MattZed and I were in-game as players, so the investigation had to be delayed until post-game.

After the game ended, I contacted the host for a list of players who received private messages. Upon receiving the list, I requested the affected parties (RLVG and Firebringer) forward me Duck's messages.

Here are the messages RLVG received:
    Spoiler : RLVG :

They have been verified by screenshot.

Here is a message that Firebringer received, which is verified by our report system:
    Spoiler : Firebringer :

Additionally, here is a post where Duck admits to "spam-flaming"' Firebringer while in-game.

Both are clear instances of severe insults to other players that clearly allude to the game while the game is in progress. On this matter I conclude Duck is guilty.

Another report was the out-of-game communication incident in a separate, public thread.
    Spoiler : Report :

This report is verified due to the mechanics of the report system. This is also a cut-and-dry case of out-of-game communication; in this post, Duck attempts to communicate that he is Town in S-FM 190, while he was still alive. On this matter I conclude Duck is guilty.

Finally, there is the issue of severe personal attacks in the game thread.
    One of the reported posts, directed at ika and Silverwolf, can be found here. In it, Duck excessively attacks Empathy outside of allowable range. Frustration is natural in a forum mafia game, but attacking a player's real life person several times with the same slur, is completely unacceptable.

Another reported post, directed at RLVG. Here, Duck tells RLVG to kill himself after a brief argument in the game thread. Nothing else needs to be said about this.

In conclusion, all of the reports are corroborated by evidence that I personally verified. Hence, Duck is guilty of all charges and we move on with the proceedings.

Impact
    High.

Several accounts of OGC, which resulted in him either claiming his alignment or berating players, and forcing the host to make constant adjustments to the players' list. The game did not run as smoothly as the host deserved it to, and most of it was due to consistent complaints and reports on Duck's behavior.

Special Considerations
    Duck is a new player and this is a first-time offense.

Verdict
    Griefing 2x -- 14 points total
    General Belligerence -- 3 points total
    4 S-FM's Game Ban

In total, 17 points (10-day site ban) and 4 S-FM's Game Ban.

Closing Comments
    Duck has shown great promise as an FM player. However, blatant toxic behavior will never be tolerated in this community. I hope that after the punishments expire, Duck will come back and try again to work with us to make our community better.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss