Opinions on the Bill Cosby case?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Opinions on the Bill Cosby case?

Headlines around the internet say "Serial rapist released from jail after 3 years" or something like that.

Meanwhile, reading through Bill Cosby's wiki - it looks more like he was spending 3 years in jail unnecessarily because it took so long before the Supreme Court overturned his conviction, and his law firm settled a defamation lawsuit against 7 women who were lying about being raped by him or whatever. I say lying in italics because it's more the case of they can't prove it.

I understand that "serial rapist released from prison" makes for a good headline. But between trusting journalist headlines or the official ruling of the juridical system - I chose to believe that the man is innocent, even if it's based on the matter of the women being unable to prove they're right.

What do you think?

A different forum compared it to some OJ case (what's that?): "At least he served his time, OJ straight up murdered people and walked away."
    Last edited by OzyWho; July 5th, 2021 at 07:06 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Opinions on the Bill Cosby case?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I think it's near impossible to have an accurate opinion. So just ignore w/e
    But on the other side, better to release ones needs for drama on people you don't know over those who are closer to you.
    Last edited by OzyWho; July 5th, 2021 at 07:09 AM.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Headlines around the internet say "Serial rapist released from jail after 3 years" or something like that.

Meanwhile, reading through Bill Cosby's wiki - it looks more like he was spending 3 years in jail unnecessarily because it took so long before the Supreme Court overturned his conviction, and his law firm settled a defamation lawsuit against 7 women who were lying about being raped by him or whatever. I say lying in italics because it's more the case of they can't prove it.

I understand that "serial rapist released from prison" makes for a good headline. But between trusting journalist headlines or the official ruling of the juridical system - I chose to believe that the man is innocent, even if it's based on the matter of the women being unable to prove they're right.

What do you think?

A different forum compared it to some OJ case (what's that?): "At least he served his time, OJ straight up murdered people and walked away."
    It is comparable to OJ's case in the sense that he already admitted to several of his crimes but he can't be prosecuted for it now because of technicalities in the law. He is a serial rapist, he admitted in the civil case as much.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Oh,oh-oh! You see, the kids these days, they listen to the rap music, which gives them the brain damage. With the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin', they don't know what the jazz is all about. Y'see, jazz is like Jello pudding... no, that's not it. Jazz is like Kodak film... no, that's not right neither. I've got it, jazz is like the new Coke - it'll be around forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post

What do you think?

Who knows. The guy has money and coulda launched a PR campaign. I remember years back reading about how he had doubled down in some hardcore way that he was innocent and was fighting to clear his reputation as a person. I can only imagine if thats true how he must feel.

But I also kinda see that a real potential. I feel like if he was flagrantly wrongly convicted he would receive some huge pay-out from the state for damages and that generally speaking whenever theres 'half truths' to a situation on the surface some level of the situation is justified. Nobody accused Mr. Rogers of being a rapist. Just saying..

-Edit
    Looked into it a bit. It appears he is guilty as hell. From my limited understanding he was granted some level of immunity from prosecution for a criminal case so that a civil case could move forward and a portion of his testimony in that civil case was used in a later criminal case. He was let out simply because of a technicality- not because he was any shade of innocent.
    Last edited by Helz; July 5th, 2021 at 11:55 PM.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    This is the guy you all count on to call people out for being trolls? He didn't even read the article!
    I must have really gotten under your skin there. Or more likely your just really dedicated to pulling a smurf off given your esoteric reference to the Dunning-Kruger effect in a context that suggested you did not quite understand the concept well enough to casually mention it..

But yes, I do my own independent research because we live in a day and age where you can make any argument based on how you pick your sources.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I won't pretend to have researched anything on the topic. However, I'll say that it's always very hard to prove things when it comes to sexual crimes unless the culprit has been literally retarded in his crime, because it's always one's word against the other's. Justice system has a very hard time taking care of that, which leads to justified loss of confidence in it. And then you have the problem of people accusing others publicly, which sadly has a bit of a witch-hunting side because anyone can accuse anyone else. I think it's unsolvable, honestly. It's all about witnesses and victims speaking up and winning their trials, and about crushing "rape culture" wherever it exists (not saying it's everywhere, but also not saying it's nowhere).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :