S-FM Matrix6 (Beginners Game) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Matrix6 (Beginners Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    @PowersThatBe The fact that you took the time to analyze your own post is very pointless. Analyzing your post can be done before you send it.

I wasn't analyzing it for myself, I analyzed it for you all. It was to show a consistency in thought among players. Along with my above real life example, I know I am not a scum, but I wanted to show how a certain sect of players answers looked and how a certain other sect of players looked. Like Goatse said, my post opens me up for higher scrutiny.

I did not say anyone was guilty or not guilty. I said based on day 1 analysis, I believe these to be my current "potential town" and "potential scum" -- I've made no hard accusations, however, Renata's quick jump on Sino, and Veri's long winded defense and attempt to diminish the questions just furthers my suspicion of them being scum.

Whether my analyzing myself is pointless or not, it took me all of .3 seconds to write it up, since I know my role and my intentions. The burden is on you to look at what I wrote and make a decision based on the discussion that follows it. If that means my lynch, then so be it, all will be much more clear then. No?

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    I never even mentioned Sino. I neither said he's suspicious (or not) nor did I vote him - not sure if you are getting confused here or trying to make me look bad by implying that I am trying to get him lynched even though I'm not.

I think you including yourself to show that "your answers were like those of less suspicious persons" is kinda pointless since you obviously wouldn't tell us that you are suspicious - no matter if you are town or evil, that would make no sense at all.

I also don't see why lynching you would make me become suspicious even if you are town - since I am not mafia, I can't know who's evil and pushing for a lynch doesn't make me more likely to be mafia imo. Sure, that's the way a lot of people think, but it doesn't make any sense since at least the townies are all just randoming/voting based on nothing but suspicion.

@GoatseOntheCupboard
    Even though I agree that scum might want to limit discussion, I just feel like @PowersThatBe might be trying a bit too hard.

I honestly didn't really get @Renata 's vote either - I think she may have read something wrong there? Seemed to me like she thought it was sino who said that he only wanted the best for someone else.
    I agreed with @PowersThatBe that she might be scum and she'd be the first I would vote right now, I just think she should get a chance to defend herself so I won't vote atm.

GoatseOnTheCupboard is someone I can't really put anywhere right now - will have to wait and see.

The above quote was me talking to Goatse and Renata who've both voted Sino, not you Veri.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I wasn't analyzing it for myself, I analyzed it for you all. It was to show a consistency in thought among players. Along with my above real life example, I know I am not a scum, but I wanted to show how a certain sect of players answers looked and how a certain other sect of players looked. Like Goatse said, my post opens me up for higher scrutiny.

I did not say anyone was guilty or not guilty. I said based on day 1 analysis, I believe these to be my current "potential town" and "potential scum" -- I've made no hard accusations, however, Renata's quick jump on Sino, and Veri's long winded defense and attempt to diminish the questions just furthers my suspicion of them being scum.

Whether my analyzing myself is pointless or not, it took me all of .3 seconds to write it up, since I know my role and my intentions. The burden is on you to look at what I wrote and make a decision based on the discussion that follows it. If that means my lynch, then so be it, all will be much more clear then. No?
    I assume that the reason you did those posts was to give your opinion on others. However, since you decided to include your own opinion on yourself, its irrelevant because your not going to tell us if you were scum anyways. We have all read the posts and if we wanted to say something about what you posted, we could.

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by GoatseOntheCupboard View Post
    The point of the post you are replying to is : I have a scum read on Renata, I want to read Sino because I have absolutely zero read on him right now. More information = always good, and we have lots of time to hammer somebody so no reason to not pressure somebody who is contributing very little What do you think about me and Renata both voting for Sino, and what do you think of Power's read on you?
    Ok, i do understand why you voted me, wanting to read me is a valid reason, so i hope now we need to ask Renata about her vote on me.

5. ISO #55

[QUOTE=GoatseOntheCupboard;589091]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Hi everyone... I'll start this off with a little RQS (Random Questioning Stage) if you don't feel comfortable answering the questions thats fine, it will just give us all a better understanding of each other and usually helps promote conversation. (my answers will be bolded)

1. What is your timezone?
    2. How do you react under pressure?
    3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia?
    4. What are you going to be known to do this game?
    5. Preferred Pronoun?

I think this is a nice post considering there's little productive chat going on right now. Idk if you know this but the meta seems to be to randomly vote somebody instead but this is much nicer and friendlier :^)
    1. EST but my sleep schedule is fucked because I'm a madman. in boutta crash at 7am
    2. I am unaffected by pressure because I am a high stakes poker player
    3. Honestly, I rolequit or afk in the mod as evil roles because to me the fun comes from reading other players and scumhunting through chat tells, but I feel that the potential to mislead the town and the increased reliance on typing/staying in the public light wohld be very fun in more skilled games like FM. But so far I prefer to only play as town.
    4. When I wake up at 4pm I am going to vote whoever has talked the least and try to see how every individual player reacts under pressure. This roster is all new players and it will be much easier to get information out of you all than brick walls like Banana and Firebringer.
    5. My pronouns are Goat/Goats/Goatself
    Just to keep everyone updated, Panda and thedougler haven't spoken ever since they posted their answer to those questions.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I do see this, i briefly asked you to give me a reason to vote me, and here's why i asked this :

We have seen people arguing here and trying to read players, in order to have a first idea about who's scum and who's town (powers) which is exactly what we need to do right now, but even though they gave a reason to do so, those players still didn't vote yet.

On the other hand, we have players voting without saying anything else, if we lynch a townie now, you guys know what happens next : the guy leading those votes will be the most suspicious, and will most likely get lynched, which could result in a second lynched townie, and that would result in a town defeat.

So basically, this is when we have to be the most careful about who we lynch, and definetely need to give an explanation about our votes.
    I'd prefer to know what reads you have on me and Renata, who are both voting you for different reasons. Giving catastrophic examples of what will happen to the town if you are lynched does not exactly make me read you as town, I'd much rather you give opinions on other players.

@Unknown1234 tbh I have scumreads on so many people. Renata, Sino, Dougler and Panda. I'd prefer to laser focus on Sino and see exactly why he is acting like how he is than to draw out my pressure on many players and make it less meaningful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

I assume that the reason you did those posts was to give your opinion on others. However, since you decided to include your own opinion on yourself, its irrelevant because your not going to tell us if you were scum anyways. We have all read the posts and if we wanted to say something about what you posted, we could.
    I understand, but if I did not include myself. I ran the risk of people saying. "Why didn't you include yourself." It was damned if do, damned if don't. So I just added myself to show further how potential town looked similar and how potential scum looked familiar.

9. ISO #59

You know, I have no degree in psychology like these two scums @PowersThatBe & @Veri . But I am a Psychiatric nurse & I must say that as the saviour of this town it's really gonna come down to the crazy knowing the crazy.
    But I haven't seen any crazy yet. The only thing i've seen so far is an attack on my arrogance and the fact that no one can spell 'Mesk'. BUT IT'S OKAY I FORGIVE YOU ALL

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    You know, I have no degree in psychology like these two scums @PowersThatBe & @Veri . But I am a Psychiatric nurse & I must say that as the saviour of this town it's really gonna come down to the crazy knowing the crazy.
    But I haven't seen any crazy yet. The only thing i've seen so far is an attack on my arrogance and the fact that no one can spell 'Mesk'. BUT IT'S OKAY I FORGIVE YOU ALL
    OMG damn autocorrect, so sorry lord and savior. I'm using word from now on.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

@Mesk514 Well technically I don't have one either, but hopefully I will when I'm done with my studies. @PowersThatBe I feel like you made up your mind based on some trivia questions and now aren't objective to what others say anymore and read everything as evil for the people you marked as "suspicious". I also noticed what @Unknown1234 said - Panda and Thedougler haven't posted at all, maybe we should start putting some pressure on them.

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

@PowersThatBe If you wanted to put yourself into your post, why would you put yourself in "Possible Town" it may be because YOU think your town, but how can the rest of us know that, to us it seems like your putting yourself into the town group because enough people may read it and say "Yeah, thats makes sense. He's town."

Edit* Put, instead of Post.

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

I'd prefer to know what reads you have on me and Renata, who are both voting you for different reasons. Giving catastrophic examples of what will happen to the town if you are lynched does not exactly make me read you as town, I'd much rather you give opinions on other players.

@Unknown1234 tbh I have scumreads on so many people. Renata, Sino, Dougler and Panda. I'd prefer to laser focus on Sino and see exactly why he is acting like how he is than to draw out my pressure on many players and make it less meaningful.
    Well, obviously people are trying to put pressure on each other, that's not a behavior i consider suspicious, what i really consider suspicious are people who just vote and do nothing else at all.

So imo, the suspicious people are those not trying to read others @Renata , @Mesk514

As for the example, that's basically how i like to think : in terms of probabilities.

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    @Mesk514 Well technically I don't have one either, but hopefully I will when I'm done with my studies. @PowersThatBe I feel like you made up your mind based on some trivia questions and now aren't objective to what others say anymore and read everything as evil for the people you marked as "suspicious". I also noticed what @Unknown1234 said - Panda and Thedougler haven't posted at all, maybe we should start putting some pressure on them.

@Veri I don't get where you get that idea. Look at how Goatse defended himself, and look at how you defended yourself. You wrote a 5 paragraph post about how you are not evil, and how the questions do very little. And how I am over analyzing, you are trying to diminish my point. But why? Why not just say, simply untrue, and move on? I have not voted you, and you have the opportunity to not be viewed as scum to me, however, the more you try to "oversell your innocence. The less I am inclined to believe you AT THIS POINT in time. I have not given into anything trivial, I've used standard and practical training to read into chat speech. My post is simply designed to do what it is doing now.

Also, yes, I also noted that both have been silent. They could be away right now.

I have not made up my mind, however, I feel Renata is suspect, and is only doing more actions to make me think that she is suspect even more. She just out of the blue went for Sino, and has yet to come back with reasonings.

I believe you are suspect by the ways in which you go about defending and deflecting as to remove attention from yourself. Again, I have made no HARD claims, I've only made potential claims as to what I see now. We have a lot more time to go, before we come to a consensus.

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

@Veri I don't get where you get that idea. Look at how Goatse defended himself, and look at how you defended yourself. You wrote a 5 paragraph post about how you are not evil, and how the questions do very little. And how I am over analyzing, you are trying to diminish my point. But why? Why not just say, simply untrue, and move on? I have not voted you, and you have the opportunity to not be viewed as scum to me, however, the more you try to "oversell your innocence. The less I am inclined to believe you AT THIS POINT in time. I have not given into anything trivial, I've used standard and practical training to read into chat speech. My post is simply designed to do what it is doing now.

Also, yes, I also noted that both have been silent. They could be away right now.

I have not made up my mind, however, I feel Renata is suspect, and is only doing more actions to make me think that she is suspect even more. She just out of the blue went for Sino, and has yet to come back with reasonings.

I believe you are suspect by the ways in which you go about defending and deflecting as to remove attention from yourself. Again, I have made no HARD claims, I've only made potential claims as to what I see now. We have a lot more time to go, before we come to a consensus.
    I agree here. Although i am reluctant to believe Sino is evil at this point due to how easily people are voting him. If the other two are away, we need to encourage them to get involved.

25. ISO #75

Sino is only at L-3. Sino defends himself but refuses to give any reads or talk about how other people are acting so I will continue to vote him until he either contributes to the town like Power, Veri, Unknown and Mesk are doing (by giving their opinions on other players and what their actions mean to them) or gets hammered and lynched.
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

26. ISO #76

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    @Sino Fuck you and fuck your ignorance, Leave the me be. I am a tax paying citizen.
    ON MY TIME OFF I ENJOY:
    1. Long walks on the beach
    2. Complaining about how much I pay in taxes
    3. Strippers
    4. A fat doobie
    5. Taking long rides on a bus!
    You remind me of a Jester just trying to get voted already by insulting everyone that is in the game. How's that working for you?

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

Sino is only at L-3. Sino defends himself but refuses to give any reads or talk about how other people are acting so I will continue to vote him until he either contributes to the town like Power, Veri, Unknown and Mesk are doing (by giving their opinions on other players and what their actions mean to them) or gets hammered and lynched.
    I really am flattered by all this attention

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I really am flattered by all this attention
    Your right. you haven't. neither have i. Does that change anything? All i said was that I don't think he is Scum.
    Why don't you think he's scum? He hasn't given a single thought of his, or read a single player. You can discount Renata's vote for being a scummy lurker but I am very convinced that he is acting anti town. Especially his post where he insinuated that lynching him would lead to him flipping town and another town also being hanged for voting him. IMO, you contribute to discussion or you hang. Worst case is that a non-contributing town is hanged, best case is that you find a scum.

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

Thoughts:

1. @Unknown1234 : Although, I think he's WAY too hung up on my including myself, and completely missing the point of my post. He continues to ask questions and pressures me. I believe at this stage my initial assessment of him being town is correct.

2. @Mesk514 :Another one I believe to be town at this point. Although, because a reasonable evil would not vote me after indicating their perceived innocence.

3. @goatseontheupboard: I also believe to be town at this point in time, changed my perspective because his cool demeanor. Still, high stakes poker player would want us to be deceived. I shall continue to follow him closely.

4. @Sino : I have no reason to believe Sino has given any legitimate scum reads.

-----------------------myself--------------------------I don't even know my alignment at this point-----------------------------------

5. @Veri : Still comes off as scum to me, while she tries to put some pressure on others. I feel as though her over defensiveness, especially at posts not directed at her, warrant me to continue to be suspect of her. She could very well be not scum, but for now, I'm going to go with a still potential scum.

6. @Renata : Voted for Sino without explanation, and has bee AWOL ever since. Has given no reads or reasons on anyone. I keep my vote on Renata because I'd like to continue the pressure. #1 scum suspect.

7. @Panda : At first, I thought to be town alignment. Her silence is questioning. However, given her questions, I believe she is far too good of a player to be scum and silent. I'd like to hear from her though, as it will be interesting. For now, still say potential town, but probably afk.

8. @thedougler : Another one probably just afk, but, my confidence in the potential townness of this is waining. I'd like to hear from him so I can get a read.

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

Why don't you think he's scum? He hasn't given a single thought of his, or read a single player. You can discount Renata's vote for being a scummy lurker but I am very convinced that he is acting anti town. Especially his post where he insinuated that lynching him would lead to him flipping town and another town also being hanged for voting him. IMO, you contribute to discussion or you hang. Worst case is that a non-contributing town is hanged, best case is that you find a scum.
    I'd like to point out two things here.
    1.) This is the first time most of us have played this game before. So obviously he is going to try to defend himself.
    2.) I don't think that him defending himself makes him scum. I think that he could be more involved, but nothing he has said really makes him scummy in my opinion.

I never said, however, that he wasn't scum. I said i don't 'THINK' he is, but my opinion can change.

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

Thoughts:

1. @Unknown1234 : Although, I think he's WAY too hung up on my including myself, and completely missing the point of my post. He continues to ask questions and pressures me. I believe at this stage my initial assessment of him being town is correct.

2. @Mesk514 :Another one I believe to be town at this point. Although, because a reasonable evil would not vote me after indicating their perceived innocence.

3. @goatseontheupboard: I also believe to be town at this point in time, changed my perspective because his cool demeanor. Still, high stakes poker player would want us to be deceived. I shall continue to follow him closely.

4. @Sino : I have no reason to believe Sino has given any legitimate scum reads.

-----------------------myself--------------------------I don't even know my alignment at this point-----------------------------------

5. @Veri : Still comes off as scum to me, while she tries to put some pressure on others. I feel as though her over defensiveness, especially at posts not directed at her, warrant me to continue to be suspect of her. She could very well be not scum, but for now, I'm going to go with a still potential scum.

6. @Renata : Voted for Sino without explanation, and has bee AWOL ever since. Has given no reads or reasons on anyone. I keep my vote on Renata because I'd like to continue the pressure. #1 scum suspect.

7. @Panda : At first, I thought to be town alignment. Her silence is questioning. However, given her questions, I believe she is far too good of a player to be scum and silent. I'd like to hear from her though, as it will be interesting. For now, still say potential town, but probably afk.

8. @thedougler : Another one probably just afk, but, my confidence in the potential townness of this is waining. I'd like to hear from him so I can get a read.
    If your telling me that 'I believe at this stage my initial assessment of him being town is correct' is trying to make me believe your story more, it certainly is not working.

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100