S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I mean, would you expect anyone's reads not to be "token reads" at this stage (this is post #73)? I don't think that's reasonable, tbh.
    What I expect people to do is to do solving. I don't think token reads do that by much as they hardly generate interaction except for "why do you think X?". They might demonstrate solving, but ime they don't usually cause discussion which leads to solving.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #152

Quote Originally Posted by 10000JellyDoughnuts View Post
    Do you believe that town had a n0 role? Your text seems to think that is the case, at lest how I read it.
    Yeah, I think that we had a n0 check, that's pretty standard for low powered role madness games.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

Quote Originally Posted by Mreevee View Post
    -vote frinckles

Any1 got serious reads yet btw
    Depends on what counts as "serious"; if you mean by me reading their slot seriously and w/ in-depth consideration then I have a bunch

But if you mean by a read where I have some level of confidence in (outside of "idc if they die") then that's a few players (MM, Drizzt, you, deathworlds)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    Sorry for the many questions but assuming there are going to be a couple pages in the hour or so I will be gone how do you turn on notifications for quotes or @ ?
    I get them in my private messages if anyone quotes me or @s
    @ewianking

If that doesn't pop up, check general settings.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Depends on what counts as "serious"; if you mean by me reading their slot seriously and w/ in-depth consideration then I have a bunch

But if you mean by a read where I have some level of confidence in (outside of "idc if they die") then that's a few players (MM, Drizzt, you, deathworlds)
    What are these reads

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Meanie!

Also, may I ask why you like Drizzt here?.
    I liked his 2nd post, reads non-self-conscious to me imo, and they're a player who has played FM at most like, once. Though iirc they have played a fair bit of the Starcraft II arcade version of Mafia (For those who don't know: It's like Town of Salem if you've ever played that game). Even then, though, those games rarely have much d1 discussion outside of memes and random messages --- which is not what Drizzt's 2nd posts is. I feel like this would be an odd post for a wolf, in his position, to make.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #163

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I actually wanted to vote Martin for what he was saying about your slot yesterday because it seemed like something scum would say and then halfway through decide "oh nevermind" but maybe I just didn't understand it.
    just read what I said about drizzt and then note the fact that mreevee was making posts with some level of reads and happen to vote drizzt

it was a good place to investigate imo
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

14. ISO #164

This sounds like a PR hunt but it's role madness so whatever.
    Not necessarily. I'm wondering why Deathworlds thinks that it must be town that had the N0 check. It reads like too much information to me. Someone probably did have a n0 check, as there was the announcement, but I'm not sure why he seemed so certain about it being town.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Yeah, I think that we had a n0 check, that's pretty standard for low powered role madness games.
    It is not standard on HPM.

15. ISO #165

You know that's a good point.

The existence of a N0 implies a N0 action took place, now granted it doesn't guarantee that one took place, but I'd bet money that we had a n0 check of some sort.
    Now said individual who got a green check on someone (if it was a red check I'd expect they'd've revealed by now) might feel apprehensive at the notion of revealing, which might put themselves and their green check in danger. But, I do think that we likely have the capability of protecting one or both of them. We have last wills enabled, but scum could have some sort of janitor-like role, I'm not completely confident in putting my hopes in a last will when we haven't seen scum flip anyone yet. Hmmm.
    if scum have a janitor btw

Lumi would absolutely buff the town in some way to compensate for it

when I hosted that cross-community game and had to do some compensation (which is a whole story I won't dive into), Lumi reacted strongly to some players having alignment information removed
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by TheClowns View Post
    Is there a light mode for sc2? It’s hard to read everything when it’s so dark
    there is definitely a light mode somewhere in the settings

but iirc it disables some functions -- potentially including the vote-count
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

17. ISO #167

Quote Originally Posted by Mreevee View Post
    What are these reads
    summarily

MM = I feel like he has been leaning too much into his personality and style of just socially interacting with people. His posts mostly have felt "this is MM and this is interaction" rather than "solving with MM characteristics" (the latter being better and more accurate to his town games imo).

It's a bit hard to put that into words but yesterday I dug into a few of his past game ISOs and I feel like there's a difference there.

Drizzt = mentioned like 3 posts ago

You/mreevee = You're in that strange gray area where I don't think you've done anything bad. You're more "not scum" than you are "town", in a way. I do feel like however you will be doing things in the future which I will be better able to judge you on. So mostly a town-lean based on matters of probability and my previous comments about you.

Deathworlds = I feel like this guy has good enough tone and energy for him to be town for now, but I'm slightly wary of him being capable of pocketing me and I want to re-review this guy sometime in the future.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

18. ISO #168

just read what I said about drizzt and then note the fact that mreevee was making posts with some level of reads and happen to vote drizzt

lol I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the post and it was the one right before this. Yeah he's been playing the arcade for years and I asked him to give FM shot.

Never thought of "self-conscious" being indicative of making reads, I usually look at rhetoric and tone but I think I get what you're saying now.

19. ISO #169

]

if scum have a janitor btw

Lumi would absolutely buff the town in some way to compensate for it

when I hosted that cross-community game and had to do some compensation (which is a whole story I won't dive into), Lumi reacted strongly to some players having alignment information removed
    summarily

MM = I feel like he has been leaning too much into his personality and style of just socially interacting with people. His posts mostly have felt "this is MM and this is interaction" rather than "solving with MM characteristics" (the latter being better and more accurate to his town games imo).

It's a bit hard to put that into words but yesterday I dug into a few of his past game ISOs and I feel like there's a difference there.

Drizzt = mentioned like 3 posts ago

You/mreevee = You're in that strange gray area where I don't think you've done anything bad. You're more "not scum" than you are "town", in a way. I do feel like however you will be doing things in the future which I will be better able to judge you on. So mostly a town-lean based on matters of probability and my previous comments about you.

Deathworlds = I feel like this guy has good enough tone and energy for him to be town for now, but I'm slightly wary of him being capable of pocketing me and I want to re-review this guy sometime in the future.
    Ewww mod spec
    I feel like death worlds should also be in that grayish area, afterall energy doesn’t equal town always
    Though take this with a grain of salt because idk any of y’all playstyles
    I write lore

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

You know that's a good point.

The existence of a N0 implies a N0 action took place, now granted it doesn't guarantee that one took place, but I'd bet money that we had a n0 check of some sort.
    Now said individual who got a green check on someone (if it was a red check I'd expect they'd've revealed by now) might feel apprehensive at the notion of revealing, which might put themselves and their green check in danger. But, I do think that we likely have the capability of protecting one or both of them. We have last wills enabled, but scum could have some sort of janitor-like role, I'm not completely confident in putting my hopes in a last will when we haven't seen scum flip anyone yet. Hmmm.
    I don't like the idea of a cop revealing a green n0 here if they can check someone else n1

I'm very wary of PR hunting cops down, and I think the odds of mafia having a way to bypass protection are higher than the odds of mafia having a janitor

22. ISO #172

lol I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the post and it was the one right before this. Yeah he's been playing the arcade for years and I asked him to give FM shot.

Never thought of "self-conscious" being indicative of making reads, I usually look at rhetoric and tone but I think I get what you're saying now.
    I meant it the other-way around, early d1 reads can be indicative of being self-conscious on the idea of appearing either not suspicious or towny.

Not always though.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    @10000 Jelly Doughnuts do you have any reads right now?
    oh that's another thing

make 2 spaces after the end of the username

otherwise what it sees is that whole sentence as part of the username and goes "huh, they don't exist, guess I won't turn that into a mention tag"

@10000 Jelly Doughnuts test
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

24. ISO #174

@10000 Jelly Doughnuts do you have any reads right now?
    oh that's another thing

make 2 spaces after the end of the username

otherwise what it sees is that whole sentence as part of the username and goes "huh, they don't exist, guess I won't turn that into a mention tag"

@10000 Jelly Doughnuts test
    Ooor they don't have spaces in the username. This is the only down-side when trying to be a BBcode wizard and yet on multiple sites: You mix everything up
    @10000JellyDoughnuts
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #175

26. ISO #176

27. ISO #177

here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

Ooor they don't have spaces in the username. This is the only down-side when trying to be a BBcode wizard and yet on multiple sites: You mix everything up
    @10000JellyDoughnuts
    I think Jelly's username has spaces on Hypixel too so that mixed me up as well haha

Who's your top townread and scumread right now?

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?
    I'm trying to find the game we played together to remember how you play but I can't find it. Idk if you remember which one it was, I just remember you playing pretty good. It wasn't Mafiacafe was it

32. ISO #182

And then MrEevee unvoted me, so I am back to square one.

[/vote]unvote[/vote]

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

I'm trying to find the game we played together to remember how you play but I can't find it. Idk if you remember which one it was, I just remember you playing pretty good. It wasn't Mafiacafe was it
    I think we've played together in two games on this site, wild west and the custom role submission (I was Forsaken Bones)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...C-M-FM-edition
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...wn-Mafia)-(13P)

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

Ngl I'm noticing that Oliver's a lot more tame on this site

I also never realized how much our games back at HPM ran like a well-oiled machine. I came up with the words to express this earlier and then forgot, but basically we just usually got a lot more done by this point. The game progresses a lot quicker and smoother. That might just be because we all know each other's meta's though. I wonder if entire games could have a meta if everyone at least generally knows each other's metas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauntshaman View Post
    been a day and no actual leads so...
    I will -vote the lurker

-vote Bakura1
    for now
    @Tauntshaman what are you on about

Quote Originally Posted by Aporia View Post
    I -

I guess? Can anyone confidently metaread Bakura? I wish more people would read him on his merits.
    Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.

I've made 15 16 posts but it doesn't feel like I've made them.
    Did you try

Quote Originally Posted by 10000JellyDoughnuts View Post
    That is the nicest thing someone's ever said to me.
    That's what everyone says about you.

summarily

Could it be because there are a lot of new people and he's adjusting his personality because of that?

-Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    Well that and I also found this totally poggers youtube channel called YourBoySponge that has some great rap so I was listening to that for like an hour so the rhymes just came easily to me.

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

Who's your top townread and scumread right now?
    I toneread bakura and drizzt as town that's about all I've got ATM. Actually wanted someone to comment on the aporia thing but it was ignored.

41. ISO #191

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post

I also never realized how much our games back at HPM ran like a well-oiled machine. I came up with the words to express this earlier and then forgot, but basically we just usually got a lot more done by this point. The game progresses a lot quicker and smoother. That might just be because we all know each other's meta's though. I wonder if entire games could have a meta if everyone at least generally knows each other's metas.

@Tauntshaman what are you on about

Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.

Did you try

That's what everyone says about you.

Could it be because there are a lot of new people and he's adjusting his personality because of that?

Well that and I also found this totally poggers youtube channel called YourBoySponge that has some great rap so I was listening to that for like an hour so the rhymes just came easily to me.
    No idea, but if you make me....TauntShaman. He is the only one here newer than me, is quiet probably because there are no leads and he doesn't know he's suppose to ramble pretending to know something, and finally....I do not know how anyone here would react to me randomly voting them except him and maybe Frinkles. So if you forced me, I would vote Taunt atm.

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
    No idea, but if you make me....TauntShaman. He is the only one here newer than me, is quiet probably because there are no leads and he doesn't know he's suppose to ramble pretending to know something, and finally....I do not know how anyone here would react to me randomly voting them except him and maybe Frinkles. So if you forced me, I would vote Taunt atm.
    What part of my post specifically are you quoting?

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

If you happen to know where that is I would appreciate a link
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

48. ISO #198

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post

That's what I'm feeling right now too. It's a bit awkward, I could be making some meta reads right now based off of the people from this site, but I'd be at a complete loss for the Hypixel players. Additionally this day has seemed particularly uneventful; by now we'd have a few competing trains going on and we'd get some lovely, lovely interactions between all the players that can be used to look for sussy interactions/lack of interactions. But no, we don't have any of that, and I can't just read half of the players and discount the other half. Bah, later I'll just make a list of people who I think are pro-town vs anti-town based off of the fundamentals
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200