FM Ladder - Season 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Exclamation FM Ladder - Season 7

After a long hiatus, it is back! The one and only FM Ladder is reopened for its seventh season, featuring new setups, new parameters, new point counting system and new rewards!

FM Ladder - Season 7

Setup Pool

S-FM: Fableblood IV - The Return of the Return of Haloden! (9P)
    S-FM: BioMed Industries (9P)
    S-FM: Undercover (9P)
    S-FM: Silent Night (14P)
    S-FM: Artificial Intelligence (12P)
    S-FM: Eternia (9P)
    S-FM: Torment (13P)
    S-FM: Black Flag Nightless (10P)
    S-FM: Spirits II (13P)
    S-FM: President (13P)
    S-FM: Masquerade Madness II (7P)
    S-FM: La Cosa Nostra (13P)
    S-FM: Final Fantasy (13P)
    S-FM: The Smith's (13P)
    S-FM: Illuminati (9P)
    S-FM: LBP Small-Town Mafia (13P)
    S-FM: Politico II (12P)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Host & Setup Requirements

• Hosts need to have successfully hosted at least one game of any FM size in order to host a setup on the Ladder. They also need approval of FM Staff (which is to be asked privately, or in the Answer Hall).
    • The setups that will possibly be on the Ladder are predefined and listed above. They were all approved by FM Staff and deemed interesting, balanced and fun by the community. You may vote for any of them. The setup with the most votes will be played, and ties between votes will be randomized. If no setup was picked to be hosted in a reasonable time span, I will pick the next one myself.
    • Signups threads of Ladder games are required to include a poll on the next game that will be played on the Ladder that includes all games that were not yet played. The poll must be public, must allow voting for multiple choices, and will be closed when your game starts. Obviously, votes from alt accounts will not be counted in.
    • Games will need at least one reserve before starting.
    • S-FM Season 7 will end when 10 games will have been played on the Ladder.

Additional Information

No Archon Accounts or unknown Smurf Accounts will be involved in the games.
    Signups will be randomized; if your sign was randomized out and forced into reserve, you will be guarenteed to participate in the next Ladder game you sign for.
    Role attribution will be randomized.
    Players replacing other players will gain the points in the Ladder; the replaced players will not gain any.

Points Earnage

You are automatically enrolled if you participate in a game. Opting out is allowed via PM.
    +6 for Solo Victory
    +3 for Shared Victory
    +3 for Hosting or Co-Hosting (Maximum of 2 games)
    +1 for Loss
    +0.5 for Reserve (Never replaced a player)
    -1 for Modkill or Force Replaced
    Tiebreak priority:
    Most Solo Victories > Most Victories > Most Games Played > Most Scum Victories.

Rewards

A cool rune for the season's winner :
    Awards (medals) for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place.
    A special usergroup for the season's winner : S-FM Champion.

Good luck, and have fun participating!

Spoiler : Chart of player points this season :

Players Points
    Marshmallow Marshall 18
    Frinckles 17
    Mike 16
    Stealthbomber16 14
    MartinGG99 11
    Renegade 10
    Ganelon/Oberon 9.5
    Auwt 8.5
    Varcron 7
    Lag 6
    Naz 6
    Gyrlander 5.5
    LuckyDucky/blinkskater 5
    PQRNHack 5
    NotPaopan 4
    BananaCucho 4
    yzb25 4
    AIVION 4
    Mizery 3
    luona 3
    theoneceko 3
    secondpassing 3
    Kenny 3
    Distorted 3
    Revenant/Dark Magician 3
    Mesk514 3
    OzyWho 3
    bakermir 3
    Helz 3
    Gikkle 3
    Loldebite 3
    Light_Yagami 2
    oliverz144 2
    Voss 1.5
    Zedus 1.5
    Porscha 1
    Lucy 1
    Norwee 1
    Macdougall 1
    Guillo 1
    jmw 1
    FrostByte 1
    Kovath 1
    Michael34 1
    MattZed 1
    Numbertwo 1
    Achromatic 1
    Kutiplz 1
    deathworlds 0.5
    WrathCyber 0.5
    ZZorange 0.5

Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; January 23rd, 2023 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Ladder chart update
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: FM Ladder - Season 7

To my knowledge, the Smiths had problems in it that SJ left in that I had to fix for my version. (the current version is not the one that people played)
    Likewise Silent Night had problems, Frinckles had to elaborate on stuff over and over again during the game.
    Maybe I misremember.

Masquerade Madness II is Citizens vs 1 SK?
    Random Lynch game, I think it shouldn't be part of a competition.
    You put it in there to have a anonymous setup in the list, yes?
    Anonymousity doesn't have to be setup specific . You could make all setups to be played on Anon accounts if you wanted to.

Eternia and Artificial intelligence look very similar.
    If this list is in order of games played - I think you should consider putting them further apart from each other. Maybe undercover too....but probably not.

What is your personal opinion of the Torment setup? Usually 3 Mafias are against 10 Towns, but here it's 8 towns and the remaining 2 slots are Neutrals. Interesting balancing choice. In contrast, President's balance I like immediately.

Small Town mafia looks very funny lol. Top setup of the list.

My personal taste, a more "softer" list of setups would feel more attractive. Thoug it's only like that for me. I got the impression that the general consensus on SC2Mafia is the crazier the better. (Doesn't matter to me ofc because very likely I won't play FM any time soon)

I like, percentage wise, the list of Light Game Competitive Circuit more tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; February 3rd, 2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Strike through

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    If you want an anon setup a la Masquerade Madness a better alternative IMO is Cryptonic’s BioMed Industries
    Your request and the support it recieved are noted! I had already considered adding it, but decided that Masquerade Madness was more known by the community here and probably more liked. Looks like I might have been wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    @Marshmallow Marshall

If I wanted to adjust Angel in Silent Night, how would I go about doing that? Alternatively I can leave it in it's current state, your call.

I felt the role was a little clunky & ineffective.
    I had the same feeling; the games were handpicked for good balance and popularity, not necessarily for perfect state of balance for every role and alignment.

You can propose changes in the setup thread; they will have to be approved before becoming part of the setup, but if they are, the Ladder setup will be the amended version, assuming the setup is reasonably close in spirit and form to the original. This works for everyone and every Ladder setup, by the way. @Frinckles

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Is this a ghost?
    Yes, it is one. ALL HAIL THE GHOST
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 4th, 2020 at 06:40 PM.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

11. ISO #11

I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    To my knowledge, the Smiths had problems in it that SJ left in that I had to fix for my version. (the current version is not the one that people played)
    Likewise Silent Night had problems, Frinckles had to elaborate on stuff over and over again during the game.
    Maybe I misremember.

Masquerade Madness II is Citizens vs 1 SK?
    Random Lynch game, I think it shouldn't be part of a competition.
    You put it in there to have a anonymous setup in the list, yes?
    Anonymousity doesn't have to be setup specific . You could make all setups to be played on Anon accounts if you wanted to.

Eternia and Artificial intelligence look very similar.
    If this list is in order of games played - I think you should consider putting them further apart from each other. Maybe undercover too....but probably not.

What is your personal opinion of the Torment setup? Usually 3 Mafias are against 10 Towns, but here it's 8 towns and the remaining 2 slots are Neutrals. Interesting balancing choice. In contrast, President's balance I like immediately.

Small Town mafia looks very funny lol. Top setup of the list.

My personal taste, a more "softer" list of setups would feel more attractive. Thoug it's only like that for me. I got the impression that the general consensus on SC2Mafia is the crazier the better. (Doesn't matter to me ofc because very likely I won't play FM any time soon)

I like, percentage wise, the list of Light Game Competitive Circuit more tbh.
    Smiths will be fixed accordingly.

Silent Night did not really have problems: players not always reading the setup isn't the setup's fault, after all. I do believe that Angel tweaks would be welcome, though.

Masquerade Madness is not a random lynch game at all, and was very appreciated the two times it was played. It focuses on tells that are very rarely focused on, such as language tells, but that can be used in every mafia game (not to find disguisers, but as "language meta"; see Helz's guide on meta). And no, it wasn't to have an anonymous setup in the list, but to have that specific setup in the list! I also wanted to include a solo scum in a small setup.

The list is not in order of anything, since there will be a vote on the next played setup! Also, these setups are completely different, while quite simple in essence. A bit more like your Light Game Circuit (they aren't light setups, though).
    As of the "wild" side of setups, they are actually quite tame, for the most part. I will consider adding more light setups to the list if there is a demand.

Torment has a lot of neutrals, and it's partially about making them side with you while you need them. The setup is also very old, which means it isn't from the same site meta: at the time the setup was made, balance might not have been considered the way it currently is.

For those who did not notice, the "What is your favorite setup" thread was mostly created to help me select the community's current favorites. You may still participate in it, by the way. Who knows, you might find a special setup

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Smiths will be fixed accordingly.
    I'm so glad you fixed the grammer, rigger ooo, and the 3p wincon. They were so so ugly.

Silent Night did not really have problems: players not always reading the setup isn't the setup's fault, after all. I do believe that Angel tweaks would be welcome, though.
    -No lynch mechanics.

-No Possible Feedback list.

-Is not said whether the Mafia have a day chat. (if they don’t have a day chat, then it’s worth noting that it’s not specified whether they know their teammates or not, but I guess no setup has it specified?)

-Angels role card says “You are a benevolent angel, watching over a patron of the Holiday Party.”, while 3 town role cards say “You are a patron of the Holiday Party.”.
    Angel’s target can be any alignment or role. Obvious confusion incoming.

-Maybe this is nitpicking, but it’s not specified wether or not Angel knows anything about their target.

-Lover and Heartbreaker are not in the OoO. It doesn’t matter for Heartbreaker though since town has no night kill.

-“Deaths from Heartbreak occur at the end of each night.” - In the case of Lovers target getting lynched, poor Lover can’t join the graveyard chat for 24 more hours.
    I wonder what’s the reason for that line anyway?

-While the List Makers interaction with Actress is clarified in the role card, the same cannot be said about the Caroler.

-Can we take a moment and appreciate what a strange name the List Maker is? His name is Caroler’s action in a sense, while his own action is a combination of Sleuth and Parity Cop.

-It would be nice to know if the Consorts target gets notified. It could get ugly for the RB'ed Caroler, if the Caroler targets a citizen.

-This line in the Angels role card: “this protection also prevents death via heartbreak.” - I view it as possibly prolematic because Angel's target can also be Lover.

Masquerade Madness is not a random lynch game at all, and was very appreciated the two times it was played. It focuses on tells that are very rarely focused on, such as language tells, but that can be used in every mafia game (not to find disguisers, but as "language meta"; see Helz's guide on meta). And no, it wasn't to have an anonymous setup in the list, but to have that specific setup in the list! I also wanted to include a solo scum in a small setup.
    I don't mind the setup itself tbh. I just think it's not the best fit for a competitive environment.
    1) compared to other setups, the lynching there is more random.
    2) Wether 6 players get a little points or 1 players gets a lot of points - thats fair in itself. But if the 6 win, then because of the small setup size, the randed subs might view the 6 as lucky and feel cheated out of points themselves.

As of the "wild" side of setups, they are actually quite tame, for the most part.
    I so so want to say "I rest my case". Feels out of place, but I know no better way to say it.

Torment has a lot of neutrals, and it's partially about making them side with you while you need them. The setup is also very old, which means it isn't from the same site meta: at the time the setup was made, balance might not have been considered the way it currently is.
    "it's partially about making them side with you while you need them" sounds horrendous.
    Last edited by OzyWho; February 4th, 2020 at 11:07 PM.

14. ISO #14

Hey, it wasn't that bad, our righteous overlord SJ made it! But I'm glad you like it.

Yes, Silent Night could use some clarifications that will be made in due time; however, you were contesting the legitimity of its presence here, which wasn't necessary or nice. But either way, that's matter for the setup thread itself. You made us bury BananaGhostcho's entry, you monster.

I don't really see the validity of your points about Masquerade Madness. If you'd like, we can discuss it privately on Discord. In other words, I rest my case

15. ISO #15

Yes, Silent Night could use some clarifications that will be made in due time; however, you were contesting the legitimity of its presence here, which wasn't necessary or nice. But either way, that's matter for the setup thread itself. You made us bury BananaGhostcho's entry, you monster.
    • I never questioned it's legitimity to be part of the ladder.

• I pointed out it's not really... finished.

• I bluntly said what I remember, which ended up being true (all the points I made above were gathered from ISO'ing Frinckles in the game). It wasn't nice, it wasn't rude, it wasn't anything but neutral.

• I'm sorry that I tried to be helpful but it was seen as me being rude or something.

I don't really see the validity of your points about Masquerade Madness. If you'd like, we can discuss it privately on Discord. In other words, I rest my case
    ...ok
    I will see myself out.

16. ISO #16

Just to clarify, I'm not shutting the discussion off, it's just not the right place. It's great to have you discuss about the setups, don't get me wrong! There was a misunderstanding there, sorry. @OzyWho

17. ISO #17

• I never questioned it's legitimity to be part of the ladder.

• I pointed out it's not really... finished.

• I bluntly said what I remember, which ended up being true (all the points I made above were gathered from ISO'ing Frinckles in the game). It wasn't nice, it wasn't rude, it wasn't anything but neutral.

• I'm sorry that I tried to be helpful but it was seen as me being rude or something.
    The setup is very much finished (outside of Angel being tweaked.)

When people ask questions during an FM game related to mechanics, I found it difficult to decipher whether they were legitimate ones. In some cases, players like to speculate about mechanics (as scum and town) whether to help or hinder the town. I saw it as a side effect of introducing a setup with lesser-played roles but players like Light who are used to the mod will assume certain things about the setup because they figure it's the same as the mod.

That, coupled with the fact that 4+ people blatantly didn't read the setup, caused confusion.

There were some incorrect things in your post but I'll address and fix it in that thread. I don't mind you wanting things to be more clear so I'll get on it -- especially since the setup is to be included in this circuit.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

The setups that will possibly be on the Ladder are predefined and listed above. They were all approved by FM Staff and deemed interesting, balanced and fun by the community. You may vote for any of them. The setup with the most votes will be played, and ties between votes will be randomized. If no setup was picked to be hosted in a reasonable time span, I will pick the next one myself.
    See the Host & Setup Requirements section of the original post ^^ there is yet to be someone proposing to host a setup in the Answer Hall or by PM.
    Also note that not all games played in the coming months will be on the Ladder. Some will just be other games played between the ranked ones.

20. ISO #20

See the Host & Setup Requirements section of the original post ^^ there is yet to be someone proposing to host a setup in the Answer Hall or by PM.
    Also note that not all games played in the coming months will be on the Ladder. Some will just be other games played between the ranked ones.
    I volunteer MM as tribute
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I volunteer MM as tribute
    Did you just volunteer yourself, or put me as a "volunteer"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    How To Host Ive Never Hosted Ever..

So.... Yeah.
    Hosts need to have successfully hosted at least one game of any FM size in order to host a setup on the Ladder. - quote from the original post. You would have to try your hand at hosting a non-ladder setup first.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Did you just volunteer yourself, or put me as a "volunteer"?

Hosts need to have successfully hosted at least one game of any FM size in order to host a setup on the Ladder. - quote from the original post. You would have to try your hand at hosting a non-ladder setup first.
    My Bad Read Through Pretty Quick And Missed That Section Thanks For Clarification.. Im In The Middle Of Working On My Own Set Up For Forums.. I Might Run It By U Or Aivion Later.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Its my body ill do what i want
    What? o.O

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Points updated.

We have found a host for the next Ladder game. If you're interested into hosting the game after the next game, PM me or write a request in the Answer Hall!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; March 4th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.

29. ISO #29

Points updated for Eternia.

30. ISO #30

Host riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Whoops, fixed lol. Sorry, I had trouble with my editing and had to redo it multiple times, I guess that got lost in the process. Everything else is correct, I just double-checked.

33. ISO #33

Points updated for Illuminati.

34. ISO #34

Points updated for Silent Night. Three Ladder games left! The next game on the Ladder is LBP Small Town Mafia (13P). If you wish to host the game, message me!

35. ISO #35

"+6 for Solo Victory"
    Hey, I solo won that game with Serial Killer and Mafia without kills, where is my points?
    (to be honest, I don't even know what does that points means, but if I can trade it for cookies, I will like it)
    Last edited by Zedus; March 25th, 2021 at 03:31 PM.
    I agree with plan C.

Even if game is already over, I am still agree, why not?

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    "+6 for Solo Victory"
    Hey, I solo won that game with Serial Killer and Mafia without kills, where is my points?
    (to be honest, I don't even know what does that points means, but if I can trade it for cookies, I will like it)
    I have checked every ladder game from this season with a Serial Killer-ish role + mafia, and you never won any as SK, so nope . It probably was in a non-ladder game.
    Points here are gained from playing in ladder games and winning in them, or by hosting them. You have 1.5 points for doing exactly that ^^. They may be traded for cookies at the nearest grocery store, as long as you pay the normal price for the cookies, too.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Hoax
    No, it's 100 % true

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I would like to be removed from the ladder please.
    yo mama so fat she broke the FM ladder
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I would like to be removed from the ladder please.
    Popup: Are you sure you wish to be removed from the Ladder? This is irreversible.

*SJ clicks yes without looking and his computer explodes*

Success!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; March 26th, 2021 at 08:47 PM.

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

Points updated for Silent Night. Three Ladder games left! The next game on the Ladder is LBP Small Town Mafia (13P). If you wish to host the game, message me!
    Bump.

47. ISO #47

Points updated for Small Town. Mike has already been put on the Queue with Politico, which shall be the penultimate game this season!

48. ISO #48

Points updated for Politico II. The tie in votes for the next setup was broken by RNG, which picked chose Fableblood III - The Return of Haloden as the final Ladder game. We are still looking for a host for this game, so volunteers are appreciated!

49. ISO #49

Points updated for Politico II. The tie in votes for the next setup was broken by RNG, which picked chose Fableblood III - The Return of Haloden as the final Ladder game. We are still looking for a host for this game, so volunteers are appreciated!
    lol we completely forgot about this when picking a final game for the ladder
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    lol we completely forgot about this when picking a final game for the ladder
    Not entirely. The interest (and the players) changed between that time and the time we actually had people willing to host and to play, so we just went along with it. The votes were not terribly representative anymore xD.