3. ISO #4003
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM 292: ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

But he’s fine, it’s Christnas he’s probably spending time with his family

4. ISO #4004

5. ISO #4005

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Is it common for SB16 to suddenly disappear for so long!
    I don't really worry about him, he posted something in the Discord not so long ago, so I think mag is right. But no, it's not usual. Christmas isn't either ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #4006

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    MM you monster, where is the nice litte marshmellow muffin that used to be cute as a button?

This marshmeaningless melonhead is being a turd nugget.
    I believe Efe's message deserved an appropriated reply lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    You Are Meaningless
    Crocodile dundee > you
    Can't argue with that ;)
    What if @Marshmallow Marshall made a pinky promise?
    I don't know what a pinky promise is, but I would assume that it's not good XD
    Efe broke his meta, and that's a double-edged sword. Now, he won't be lynched for playing more normally, but he will be a suspect for playing like he did before this game, because if, as he says, he is metaless, then his behavior is objectively super scummy when meta is excluded.

Also, why are you saying you don't trust me either?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #4007

8. ISO #4008

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Also, why are you saying you don't trust me either?
    I don't think I said that.

So Did I Turn Into A God Now?
    At first I thought you're now immortal because now nobody can even meta read you. But I guess people will hold you on higher standards now that they know that you're capable of. I think you're future might look very lynchy.

9. ISO #4009

At first I thought you're now immortal because now nobody can even meta read you. But I guess people will hold you on higher standards now that they know that you're capable of. I think you're future might look very lynchy.
    Policy Lynchy doesnt count as lynchy
    I Like Ice Cream

10. ISO #4010

>implying I was never of high standards to begin with
    I Like Ice Cream

11. ISO #4011

^ Indeed. "Simple" FMs have had much more complicated mechanics than that in the past. This is not a big FM, and I think that even though it is a 14P, it goes under the S-FM category, because it is far from having the size and hugeness the big FMs have (see the FM Archive for examples, you'll understand what I mean).
    And indeed, Frinckles, as a first-time host, you would not be authorized to host a big FM.

I have edited the thread's title to class it as S-FM.
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    Indeed. This was neither a big nor a complicated setup. But it was a M-FM, not a S-FM, according to this very websites own criteria.
    https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Forum_Mafia_Game_Types
    Games with more than 13 players are required to be hosted as M-FMs.
    Also, Frinckles was fully eligible to host a M-FM.
    In order to host an M-FM, you must have previously played in a Forum Mafia game (M-FM, M-FM, or FM) to completion.
    I guess I have 2 questions:
    1) Why is M-FM a thing, if we don't call setups with 14-20 players M-FM's?
    2) M-FM's are called Mini Forum Mafia. On Mafiascum mini games are defined as 13 players or less https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game . S-FM's are called Simple Forum Mafia. MU calls them Basic games. While calling any setup below 22 "small".
    What is it with every community having it's own terms for similar definitions? And even the same communities have inconsistencies by themselves in the matter.
    What's with all that mess?

12. ISO #4012

Someone should clarify what the good people here define as policy lynches. I know on MU they define it as "wanting to lynch someone from the beginning of the game in order to discourage unwanted behavior from them".
    We call same definition (among other things) as Griefing.
    Do we just call policy lynches - lynching unproductive players?

13. ISO #4013

14. ISO #4014

15. ISO #4015

16. ISO #4016

17. ISO #4017

I mean Efe your change resulted in a guaranteed town lynch. Yagami’s play guaranteed that the doc would be useless all game. Me being unable to play second half of D2 allowed ozy to be lynched instead of huey. I really don’t think naz or SolidD really played that much, the scum team kind of just got lucky IMO. But blink was godly, but it does piss me off that by simply spamming “i have giant green balls” he was able to convince people to townread him.

Regardless, it’s a messed up game w the activity. The activity ranged from super high to nothing and it made it hard to properly read the game. Blink was super active, naz and solid D totally inactive (and there were plenty of town in both of those categories), but I think a part of me wanted to lynch somebody inbetween. Even if that’s dumb, it just seems natural, lynching an afk is pointless and lynching a super active juggernaut is just hard to push or feel good about in general. It seems like a big flaw of our current setup that it’s possible for people to be so wildly different in activity. I feel like we should enforce min and max caps
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

18. ISO #4018

I said in spectator chat near of day 1 that this amount of posting is an absolute turn off and I wasn't even playing. I would support post restrictions if they were to be considered.

I like SB but I think if he is ever to sign a future game he will need a reserved reserve for his slot before the game begins. (kidding) ((but for real tho))

Also Actress is a bastard role and I'll be glad to not see it for awhile. It adds an interesting dynamic to games but I think it's one of those kinda roles that shouldn't be too common.

19. ISO #4019

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I mean Efe your change resulted in a guaranteed town lynch. Yagami’s play guaranteed that the doc would be useless all game. Me being unable to play second half of D2 allowed ozy to be lynched instead of huey. I really don’t think naz or SolidD really played that much, the scum team kind of just got lucky IMO. But blink was godly, but it does piss me off that by simply spamming “i have giant green balls” he was able to convince people to townread him.

Regardless, it’s a messed up game w the activity. The activity ranged from super high to nothing and it made it hard to properly read the game. Blink was super active, naz and solid D totally inactive (and there were plenty of town in both of those categories), but I think a part of me wanted to lynch somebody inbetween. Even if that’s dumb, it just seems natural, lynching an afk is pointless and lynching a super active juggernaut is just hard to push or feel good about in general. It seems like a big flaw of our current setup that it’s possible for people to be so wildly different in activity. I feel like we should enforce min and max caps
    Viva La France!
    I Like Ice Cream

20. ISO #4020

Exactly! That was my point : now that you've played well, you can't revert to less good play, because you are now held to higher expectations.
    Not policy lynch, but lynch on a scum or useless slot could happen :P

don't worry, we aren't going to harass you lol
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    Indeed. This was neither a big nor a complicated setup. But it was a M-FM, not a S-FM, according to this very websites own criteria.
    https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Forum_Mafia_Game_Types

Also, Frinckles was fully eligible to host a M-FM.

I guess I have 2 questions:
    1) Why is M-FM a thing, if we don't call setups with 14-20 players M-FM's?
    2) M-FM's are called Mini Forum Mafia. On Mafiascum mini games are defined as 13 players or less https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game . S-FM's are called Simple Forum Mafia. MU calls them Basic games. While calling any setup below 22 "small".
    What is it with every community having it's own terms for similar definitions? And even the same communities have inconsistencies by themselves in the matter.
    What's with all that mess?
    Why are you trying to find as many holes as you can in the whole inter-community FM terminology xD

The wiki is strongly outdated. This page was probably not updated since a long, long time. M-FMs don't even EXIST anymore; they were abolished before I joined the site, over two years ago. The idea is simply to have a general guideline, in order to avoid hosting fiascos due to hosts that are new to hosting.

I don't know where you got the 2nd and 3rd lines of quotes, but they are 100 % outdated. Plus, there's at least one precedent of a 14P setup being put as S-FM (and it wasn't simple at all, it was "????").

So to answer your questions:

1) M-FM is not a thing

2) I believe Forum Mafia started on Mafiascum, which was created in... 2003? I think? FM is a long-standing game, and there are several communities that are mostly independant from eachother. The least independant that I know of is MafiaUniverse because of its very nature, and even then, they're still a pretty strong standalone site. With time, the different independant communities developped their own terminology, their own way to categorize games, and their own meta. It's not a mess, it's the diversity of the world of FM! And I actually think it's pretty nice, because every site is different and offers a different experience with different people.
    @OzyWho I hope that answers it ^^

21. ISO #4021

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I said in spectator chat near of day 1 that this amount of posting is an absolute turn off and I wasn't even playing. I would support post restrictions if they were to be considered.

I like SB but I think if he is ever to sign a future game he will need a reserved reserve for his slot before the game begins. (kidding) ((but for real tho))

Also Actress is a bastard role and I'll be glad to not see it for awhile. It adds an interesting dynamic to games but I think it's one of those kinda roles that shouldn't be too common.
    I disagree with post restrictions being a general thing. Strongly disagree. That being said, playing one game with post restrictions could be an idea to consider. @Stealthbomber16 let us know if you're alive tho lol

Actress is not a bastard role. Some sites play completely flipless games; actress adds a bit of this experience in the game. But I do agree that we've seen Actress a few times recently, and that we could use a no-actress setup.

22. ISO #4022

I like actress. The town had plenty of firepower to combat janitor and actress. They just didnt/couldn't use it.

23. ISO #4023

Why are you trying to find as many holes as you can in the whole inter-community FM terminology xD
    I wish I knew... I so wish I knew.

Can't ask for more tbh.

I disagree with post restrictions being a general thing. Strongly disagree.
    Why?

By the way. Here is a thought I got about the game.
    This is a (normal)townies thoughts progression:
    Spoiler : Town :

This was @blinkskater 's thoughts progression:
    Spoiler : blink :

Yes?

24. ISO #4024

25. ISO #4025

26. ISO #4026

Because the way mm posts would conflict with post restrictions. Actress is listed as a bastard role on the first webpage that came up when I googled "is actress a bastard role" so I'm not the only one who feels that way. It's a niche role that shouldn't be overused.
    I'm not seeing what you're seeing I guess?
    I see a role 'actor' (completely different from actress) listed.
    If you wanna give a source, feel free. I think the role is pretty far from bastard. It's fun, fueled by player skill and unique.
    I understand overuse but if you dislike it, I'd like to know why.

27. ISO #4027

28. ISO #4028

There are currently 16 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 15 guests)
    Wut?

My opinion on the actress role is simple:
    It's a good role as any as long as the setup supports it.
    Since it's balanced by TPR's, and my personal taste is vanillaish setups - makes me not care one way or another.

Strange thing about the activity in this game. It was actually anti-town. It discouraged activity from some, while making it harder to make informed opinions for everyone.
    Yes, too much information makes it harder to make the right decisions - that's a thing.

By the way, @Marshmallow Marshall
    You lied to me.
    M-FM archive has a game from 2019.

29. ISO #4029

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I'm not seeing what you're seeing I guess?
    I see a role 'actor' (completely different from actress) listed.
    If you wanna give a source, feel free. I think the role is pretty far from bastard. It's fun, fueled by player skill and unique.
    I understand overuse but if you dislike it, I'd like to know why.
    And I'd also add again that town had every weapon in thier arsenal and more to combat actress/janitor.
    Aamirus had a great check on Blink/Huey.
    This game would play out differently had town not made some mistakes.
    Exactly and re-exactly. https://www.mafiauniverse.com/wiki/Actress "Seen occasionally"

Which does not mean we have to use it every game, of course.

~~

"Because it conflicts with the way MM plays." No, it conflicts with the idea of player freedom. Sure, if you're making 200 posts a day, that's really a lot for most games. However, putting a post limit of 50 because of it as a general thing in setups is pushing it too far. I'd also like you to notice that my post count wasn't the highest, so no, I'm not preaching for my own benefit here.

~~

Lol ozy, accurate pics for this game xD
    I must say, though, that Blink's town progression usually makes sense. It made zero sense here because he was scum.

The users browsing the thread thing isn't 100% reliable, because there are bots. Welcome to 2020, where there are bots everywhere!

There wasn't too much information. The information was diluted in the sea of posts because a lot of it was pointless arguing on theory, or arguing about the counterpoint of a counterpoint of a counterpoint, which becomes completely irrelevant. Blink is the one who caused this the most, and that's another thing he did right this game.

I'm going to check the M-FM archive lol. Edit : I didn't know Timmy Town had been placed there. Officially, there are no M-FM setups, even though some people are using that terminology for obscure reasons. Maybe they have been reading some outdated wiki ;)
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; December 30th, 2019 at 11:10 PM.

30. ISO #4030

Exactly! That was my point : now that you've played well, you can't revert to less good play, because you are now held to higher expectations.

Not policy lynch, but lynch on a scum or useless slot could happen :P

don't worry, we aren't going to harass you lol

The wiki is strongly outdated. This page was probably not updated since a long, long time. M-FMs don't even EXIST anymore; they were abolished before I joined the site, over two years ago. The idea is simply to have a general guideline, in order to avoid hosting fiascos due to hosts that are new to hosting.

I don't know where you got the 2nd and 3rd lines of quotes, but they are 100 % outdated. Plus, there's at least one precedent of a 14P setup being put as S-FM (and it wasn't simple at all, it was "????").

So to answer your questions:

1) M-FM is not a thing

2) I believe Forum Mafia started on Mafiascum, which was created in... 2003? I think? FM is a long-standing game, and there are several communities that are mostly independant from eachother. The least independant that I know of is MafiaUniverse because of its very nature, and even then, they're still a pretty strong standalone site. With time, the different independant communities developped their own terminology, their own way to categorize games, and their own meta. It's not a mess, it's the diversity of the world of FM! And I actually think it's pretty nice, because every site is different and offers a different experience with different people.
    I Doubt That
    I Like Ice Cream

31. ISO #4031

32. ISO #4032
    Ganelon

Riot, M-FMs still exist

33. ISO #4033
    Ganelon

Viva La France!
    Vive*
    Viva is Italian

34. ISO #4034

I Doubt That
    The art of shutting down big posts with three words. Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Riot, M-FMs still exist
    NO U
    Vive*
    Viva is Italian
    Danke mag ^^

35. ISO #4035

Lol player freedom. ~1650 posts on day 1 alone is a bloody travesty. Catch me in the next FM that has post restriction.

Cult has TPR to keep them in check but they are still arguably the most hated role out there. Actress is a cunt of a role and any competent Mafia team should destroy town with it, always.

36. ISO #4036

Lol player freedom. ~1650 posts on day 1 alone is a bloody travesty. Catch me in the next FM that has post restriction.

Cult has TPR to keep them in check but they are still arguably the most hated role out there. Actress is a cunt of a role and any competent Mafia team should destroy town with it, always.
    That's up to the townies to limit themselves in a way that helps the town. If we need some educational games to do so, sure, but I don't want the site meta to change in a post restriction meta. So yes, player freedom.

And about Actress, that's more a personal preference of yours than a fact. Flipless games are completely playable, and having an actress in-game as a possibility is far less deceptive than having no flips at all.

37. ISO #4037

38. ISO #4038

39. ISO #4039
    Ganelon

Flipless games sound fucking horrid. Just because its playable doesnt mean its good
    They should most certainly not be the norm.
    It can be interesting to play one from the time, however.

40. ISO #4040

@Efekannn02
    By the way, I think it's worth pointing out that in your final reads list you had 2 Mafias and 1 neutral - solid, blink and caustic - as red, while you had naz and mag as nullreads.
    Your only wrong reads were on Aamirus, Ozy, Huey.
    If those reads were honest, I think you actually had top2 or top3 most accurate reads this game, depends on how serious we take mags reads given his flip flop.
    Maybe @Kovath would have had better too, if he ever made a reads list. (only player in my table with all null)

What I'm getting at is that with all this talk about how you might or might not get lynched if you play trolly again - maybe it's actually worth for you to consider if you maybe want people to take your reads more serious?

You can play how you want, obviously. If you enjoy trolling then do it. But know to not expect people to take your reads serious as long as you're not serious yourself, even though they end up accurate. Consider maybe it's not what you want.
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 31st, 2019 at 08:33 AM.

41. ISO #4041
    Ganelon

Without being too much of a smart add, what I said in game stands. Town did anti town things that ended up costing us the game. Town can’t win when these things happen. I don’t agree with policy lynching this kind of behavior in future games because they ain’t something people can consciously control unless they take a hold of themselves. I think we dive too deeply into wifom here on SC2Mafia. I for one would be perfectly happy if we completely did away with the idea of WIFOM as central to the game; we scrutinize the game from so many angles that we end up losing track of the crucial details the knowledge of which makes or breaks the game. Honestly I think the person who made up this term should be lynched and fucking janitored so they can’t leave a last will about WIFOM post death.

WIFOM is not important. Things are a lot more obvious than you make them out to be. Every time someone says you couldn’t catch them as scum, they are lying. I know because I used to over complicate things and try to account for every single possibility; you cannot do this. I tried something different this game and ended up with something close to my old mod meta.

Sorry for rambling but I’ve alwys felt this to be true. I hate it when I lose track of essential details for inane info that only confuses me, and I hate it when others do it as well. Because it shouldn’t be so. Scum can never win when you correctly evaluate the in game info. This i believe to be a fact. Call me an idealist or whatever but it’s true.

42. ISO #4042
    Ganelon

I don’t agree with spamming either, but it is far less anti town than some of the other things that happened this game

43. ISO #4043
    Ganelon

Btw, WIFOM to me matters a lot. I engage in OCD levels of worrying all the time about mundane shit and this shows in game. It’s why WIFOM is fucking bullshit.

44. ISO #4044

Without being too much of a smart add, what I said in game stands. Town did anti town things that ended up costing us the game. Town can’t win when these things happen. I don’t agree with policy lynching this kind of behavior in future games because they ain’t something people can consciously control unless they take a hold of themselves. I think we dive too deeply into wifom here on SC2Mafia. I for one would be perfectly happy if we completely did away with the idea of WIFOM as central to the game; we scrutinize the game from so many angles that we end up losing track of the crucial details the knowledge of which makes or breaks the game. Honestly I think the person who made up this term should be lynched and fucking janitored so they can’t leave a last will about WIFOM post death.

WIFOM is not important. Things are a lot more obvious than you make them out to be. Every time someone says you couldn’t catch them as scum, they are lying. I know because I used to over complicate things and try to account for every single possibility; you cannot do this. I tried something different this game and ended up with something close to my old mod meta.

Sorry for rambling but I’ve alwys felt this to be true. I hate it when I lose track of essential details for inane info that only confuses me, and I hate it when others do it as well. Because it shouldn’t be so. Scum can never win when you correctly evaluate the in game info. This i believe to be a fact. Call me an idealist or whatever but it’s true.
    That's true in a way, but not completely. I could go on and talk about it by typing another long post, but I'll just say that : go check Yayap's guides and views on the game. WIFOM is not to be ignored, and I'm not even sure it is to be less used. However, it sure is to be less explicited.

45. ISO #4045

Flipless games sound fucking horrid. Just because its playable doesnt mean its good
    They should most certainly not be the norm.
    It can be interesting to play one from the time, however.
    Agreed. It's not horrible at all, though. It obviously requires more setup balance, but it is often more realistic (in real life, when you "lynch" someone, you don't see the flip) and teaches to rely on actions instead of mechanics in an extreme way. Once again, personal preference. I'm not saying we should play a lot of those games, though.

46. ISO #4046

47. ISO #4047

Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

What you think of the idea that Solid isn't posting anything because he is Mafia and is content with the current lynch trains?
    SON OF A BITCH I WAS RIGHT!

@Magoroth
    DUUUDE
    I tried to make a conversation with you in a time when you were unsure of current lynch trains and I trusted you.
    Not only you ignored me, but you also started to scumread me then. And I was correct...
    So much for town teamwork

BOOOOO

48. ISO #4048
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM ★ Silent Night ★ [14P]

SON OF A BITCH I WAS RIGHT!

@Magoroth
    DUUUDE
    I tried to make a conversation with you in a time when you were unsure of current lynch trains and I trusted you.
    Not only you ignored me, but you also started to scumread me then. And I was correct...
    So much for town teamwork

BOOOOO
    No u

49. ISO #4049

50. ISO #4050

It was all a damn disaster.
    Christmas was ruined!
    Did our memories burn with Efekann?