Re: S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    -vote Mike
    Why?
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

3. ISO #553

I didn't close the thread. But I am here now. Can't sleep. There has to be something wrong with me for me to be this obsessive >.<

I get a lot of the points you make on Frinckles but in what world does scum Frinckles push against his own counter wagon?
    You don’t think so? You don’t think Scum freckles would?
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

4. ISO #554

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    -vote Mike
    You come in and vote me and not say a word???? Interesting lol.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

5. ISO #555

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You come in and vote me and not say a word???? Interesting lol.
    He does that in every game he plays. 0 effort, 0 explanation, then cries like a bitch when he gets yeeted. I'm honestly not even sure why @Dark Magician even signs up for games. Town or scum, he fucks town over constantly with this dumb shit.

To be clear, I'm not scumpainting him for this in game. I'm scumpainting him IRL. He ruins every game he's in and it's getting old.
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

6. ISO #556

I exist!

... And haven't read half the thread .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #557

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I exist!

... And haven't read half the thread .
    You did say you'd have a hard time being super active this game. IDK about anyone else but I'm not gonna hold it against you.

8. ISO #558

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I've seen enough to actually change my mind on who I'm most interested in.

-vote FrostByte

His going-against-the-grain attitude really reminded me of his town play last game, but after looking over all *11* of his posts this game, there's nothing I actually like. It's good to have town who poke holes in the accepted narrative, but they aren't actually *good* pokes. There's one post I skimmed over the first time that really bothers me now:

Giving Helz a scumlean for one of his more town-contributing posts isn't right. Of all the content ANYONE has posted in this game, that's what catches FB's eye and makes him scumlean Helz? I don't buy it.

I'm open the possibility FB simply misread the setup or what Helz said, but I'm locking in my top scumread for now.
    Like... his one post that wasn't fluff/discussing the previous game just makes no sense. WTF?
    Having one weird read (like the Helz one) isn't an horrible crime. Having only one horrible read and nothing else that's truly game-relevant is. Really, what truly is damning is the point in your last post, not even the first one. Maybe I'll find more during my reading.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

9. ISO #559

Having one weird read (like the Helz one) isn't an horrible crime. Having only one horrible read and nothing else that's truly game-relevant is. Really, what truly is damning is the point in your last post, not even the first one. Maybe I'll find more during my reading.
    It's not damning though. There's very little AI in this entire thread.

Day 1 isn't known to be chock full of AI and I'm not about to start making shit up to appease people.

What exactly have you contributed so far? I ISOed you and you've done a lot of babbling about RVS and who got us into and out of it but beyond that you're basically doing the same thing. Pot/Kettle etc

10. ISO #560

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    What do you like about MM?
    @Oberon you've come and gone twice and still haven't answered this btw. I see you.

11. ISO #561

Day 1 isn't known to be chock full of AI and I'm not about to start making shit up to appease people.

What exactly have you contributed so far? I ISOed you and you've done a lot of babbling about RVS and who got us into and out of it but beyond that you're basically doing the same thing. Pot/Kettle etc
    Babbling about RVS and softreads that you could easily weasel your way out of.

That's literally all day 1 is about. But somehow I'm scummy for not putting in a ton of effort to actually contribute very little, like other people have done.

"This shit don't make no fuckin' sense" - Franklin, GTA V

12. ISO #562

To be clear I do not feel that RVS evolves into alternative RVS. I literally see the plays as the 2 commonly used strategies used to achieve the goal of getting the game rolling where players are reading etch-other. Both randomly voting and digging through the setup and pushing strategy do the exact same thing in my mind. I also feel like most players dont understand how to use normal RVS. They have to push reachy insane reasoning with their votes so more and more logical reasoning can be used to break RVS. Look at our D1 and that was not happening from the majority of the players.

As for pressure I do pressure. I just dont believe in throwing a vote on someone and expecting it to have an effect. Consider Frinckles. Multiple people voiced concern that he was around but not participating and wanted to push him to participate so they threw votes. But there were no questions for him past a vague message of 'participate' so when he came around I 'pressured' him by expressing the situation without beating him with a wet noodle saying "GIVE ME CONTENT NOW."
    I feel that true pressure comes from people expressing "I am willing to lynch this player" because even if a player has no votes on them any experienced player will recognize they could be thrown into a CFD lynch and are in danger of the noose at the end of the day regardless of the vote count.

This sort of line of thought is the type of thing that makes me more comfortable with Marshmallow.
    Understood about RVS; already thought that way, but thanks for clarifying.

Fair point. We may simply have different ways to pressure, and yours isn't crazy either.

Tbh, I'm gonna ISO Frostbyte, because when I had left the thread, he had 11 posts, and now he has double my post count, so my vote may be uneducated

13. ISO #563

I'm not going to argue against you on the point that D1 doesn't have a ton of AI things. But it's up to us to make things AI. The idea behind RVS is to make actual positions emerge from chaotic randomness. Same goes for all of D1 in most cases.

- getting inactives to participate
    - getting reads
    - moving the game forward in general
    (Which should in turn allow people to read me based on how I do that, but that's up to them and not to me)

Those are my goals, and I believe I didn't do too bad at them. Now, I can't say about you yet because I need to ISO you, but I'll address you once it's done.

14. ISO #564

How is saying "There's nothing to read" and then not giving reads a bad thing?

Weak attempt at scumpainting.
    Not attempting to get any reads and not posting anything that makes us able to read you either contributed to the exact game state you were denouncing. You aren't guilty of that anymore, though.
    Explain your readwall or it's worthless townie theatre
    I like this. Much more true about Frinckles since he didn't explain his reads, but the intervention here is valid and arguably pro-town (not letting people look towny for bogus lists and forcing them to explain).

Mike is top town because of his early interaction with Helz (page 2, back in the time of his supposed "neutral perspective slip") and because of his meta (he totally fits his town meta right now). No scumtells detected from him yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte to Frinckles View Post
    You ignoring this is you admitting your readwall is worthless townie theatre btw

and you're voting me for not playing worthless townie theatre right now.

Makes sense.
    And following up on this reinforces my liking of the last quote.

15. ISO #565

[QUOTE=FrostByte;907346]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    citizen mesk reporting for duty.

So you come in and immediately claim cit? Why would you do that? If you're town you're narrowing town TPR pool for scum. This isn't the play. At all.
    She does that all the time, so the answer would be "to respect her town meta", and that's NAI at this point. I fundamentally agree, but if she weren't doing this, you'd see people calling her out for not having claimed citizen yet, so it's understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall

You’re not being genuine. This feels like your scum meta.
    Baseless and false, you suck at reading me :P
    (And yes, this is quite literally me saying "OMGUS", but you're literally not giving anything, and I've been completely honest this game so no u)

16. ISO #566

17. ISO #567

He literally always gives me that vibe
    I like Frost here. I can not disagree with this post. LOL
    So I'm naturally fake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I've given my reads thus far. And I didn't say my reads were shitty. Just because you and MM aren't likely scum partners doesn't mean neither of you is scum. Your infatuation with that in particular sounds like you're gloating that I dont know your partner.
    Agreed on the first sentence. There was no "infatuation" with anything though, that's a lie, and "focus" (as you said in your next post) isn't exactly bad when you haven't answered the question. The last sentence is bad and actually is a dishonest deflection, @Frinckles .
    "its kind of early to worldbuild anyway." = a different way of saying "these reads are shit" just because you didn't use those exact words doesn't mean you didn't basically say that exact thing.
    Infatuation? Exactly many times did I bring it up?
    Nah, having individual reads that don't fit with associative reads happens all the time and is absolutely not scummy lol, the world doesn't just conform to what we'd want it to be when we're scumhunting. "Infatuation" was bullshit though.
    This is some tinfoil shit. You're tunneling me pretty hard.
    Tunneling implies, at least in my book, that you actually believe the other is scum. Does that imply you think he's town, Frost?
    Almost looks like scum squirming under the tiny bit of pressure put on them earlier. You claimed after only a couple votes. Frinckles scummy as shit.
    Uhuhuhuh, guess not lol. Maybe a bit inconsistent here.
    Semantics oh boy. Replace the word with focus.

I think my reads are good actually, how about that?
    There's a difference between saying your reads are valid from a town PoV and saying they're good. They're not good if you don't think they can be accurate. The only actual way for what you say to be logical is if you thought one of us was scum and the other was neutral, which you aren't saying and definetly would say if you thought so. I'm not buying this.
    So you don't think MM and I are scum team, but you think your reads, which include is as scum team, are good?

Nahhhhhhhh

-vote Frinckles

This shit don't add up at all. You're talking out of your ass.
    Yeah tbh
    -vote Frinckles

Frostbyte's push seems honest here. I don't know if it's right, but it's honest. The part about it being right or wrong belongs to Frinckles now.

18. ISO #568

We have 3 hours left. I'm gonna eat some breakfast
    I announce you that I just put you at L-2 and that you're now the leading train. Can you eat breakfast with us?

19. ISO #569

20. ISO #570

no i am social distancing
    lol

My vote coughs on you! Your mother was a hamster and...!!!!

21. ISO #571

22. ISO #572

23. ISO #573

Transcend Town: MM
    Town: Oberon, Mesk
    Townlean: Mattzed
    Null: Helz, Mike, DM
    Scum: Frostbyte

I FIXED MY READS LIST!!
    How does that get me town points? I will get some when you die but I dont think that list quite does it.
    Never understood why people posed this question in games but I'd probably be like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scum has been very straightforward lately it seems. I've seen more scum pick at something insignificant like a 'friends list' and try to run with it. This is no different.
    I picked at your friends list as town because it looked like you were trying to pocket people. This is different. This is significantly less nitpicky because you're significantly more full of shit.
    Understanding what people believe and how it changes over time is plenty helpful unless one intends on making a shitload of posts scattered through the thread. Its concise, then you ask questions but nobody is forcing you to.
    This looks an awful lot like TvT both thinking the other side is wrong and that theirs is righteous. If I had to pick one of them to be scum now, it'd be Frinckles (Frostbyte actually is a townlean for me now, due to the honesty of his push, while Frinckles is... probably town thinking he's being attacked for the wrong reasons, but it could always be scum thinking they're being attacked for the wrong reasons), but there are relatively significant chances both are town.

DM is looking more and more PoE-bad. I'm gonna keep my vote on Frinckles to keep it useful and because I don't want to see Frostbyte and even less Mike lynched now, but I'm gonna ISO DM and see if there's anything that's remotely interesting.

24. ISO #574

Looking through the thread, and I've decided y'all need a bit more conviction. There was a time when we could have switched trains to someone like Mike. That time is not now. I would have been fine adding Oberon to the yeet pool, and with DM showing up without giving us much, I would perhaps have been fine with him too. Right now, it's Frinckles or FrostByte.

Of the two, I *definitely* want FrostByte. He's not even trying get a read on the entire game right now, he's just pushing the most viable counter-train. Frinckles' wavering makes much more sense from a town perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

25. ISO #575

did you or are you continuing to read past why you placed your vote?
    Rather, you're caught up MM?
    I'm live-catching up. Also, I have to go pretty soon and 100 % won't come back before EoD.

26. ISO #576

This looks an awful lot like TvT both thinking the other side is wrong and that theirs is righteous. If I had to pick one of them to be scum now, it'd be Frinckles (Frostbyte actually is a townlean for me now, due to the honesty of his push, while Frinckles is... probably town thinking he's being attacked for the wrong reasons, but it could always be scum thinking they're being attacked for the wrong reasons), but there are relatively significant chances both are town.

DM is looking more and more PoE-bad. I'm gonna keep my vote on Frinckles to keep it useful and because I don't want to see Frostbyte and even less Mike lynched now, but I'm gonna ISO DM and see if there's anything that's remotely interesting.
    MM, honest question...

Do you scumread ANYONE right now? Like, actually anyone?

27. ISO #577

Looking through the thread, and I've decided y'all need a bit more conviction. There was a time when we could have switched trains to someone like Mike. That time is not now. I would have been fine adding Oberon to the yeet pool, and with DM showing up without giving us much, I would perhaps have been fine with him too. Right now, it's Frinckles or FrostByte.

Of the two, I *definitely* want FrostByte. He's not even trying get a read on the entire game right now, he's just pushing the most viable counter-train. Frinckles' wavering makes much more sense from a town perspective.
    If scum!Frostbyte wanted to push a viable countertrain, he'd be posting reads, try to look useful, and completely demolish town!DM because he's such an easy lynch, I believe. Obviously, this falls apart if DM is scum with Frostbyte, but I'd much rather simply lynch DM in such a situation (that being said, I still have to read what he said and I'm gonna do that quick before I have to leave)

28. ISO #578

MM, honest question...

To followup: If you think Frinckles vs. FrostByte is TvT THEN YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO MIKE BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WITH VOTES ON HIM.

29. ISO #579

If scum!Frostbyte wanted to push a viable countertrain, he'd be posting reads, try to look useful, and completely demolish town!DM because he's such an easy lynch, I believe. Obviously, this falls apart if DM is scum with Frostbyte, but I'd much rather simply lynch DM in such a situation (that being said, I still have to read what he said and I'm gonna do that quick before I have to leave)
    DM hasn't had a vote on him this whole game. That's not the counter-train.

30. ISO #580

If this is true and just in case I am tunneled on a town. I may be reevaluating freckles here. Would it be best to lynch DM over a possible town? Since TBH I don’t think will help town this game. Plus who knows we may get lucky and hit a scum?

Thoughts?

31. ISO #581

Oh well, this was quick. He said literally NOTHING (stuff about recieving his rolecard and saying he's citizen or switcher...) and left an unexplained vote on my top town read, Mike.

-vote Dark Magician

We ain't taking this to late game.

32. ISO #582

Oh well, this was quick. He said literally NOTHING (stuff about recieving his rolecard and saying he's citizen or switcher...) and left an unexplained vote on my top town read, Mike.

-vote Dark Magician

We ain't taking this to late game.
    WE'VE HAD 580 POSTS TODAY AND ALL YOU CAN MUSTER IS A POLICY YEET?

33. ISO #583

34. ISO #584

To followup: If you think Frinckles vs. FrostByte is TvT THEN YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO MIKE BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WITH VOTES ON HIM.
    Can’t argue with the logic here. Yes he is puting to on me but he logic I agree with.

35. ISO #585

Can’t argue with the logic here. Yes he is puting to on me but he logic I agree with.
    To be clear, I'm not saying we *should* be voting you. I'm drilling into MM for making absolutely no sense.

36. ISO #586

MM, honest question...

DM. Oberon did nothing amazing either, and I'm starting to think that his early attack about "PR hunting" means nothing if he doesn't do anything afterwards (his vote on Frost is literally there for the sake of being placed because "we need to push if we want to find scum" and because "he likes the people on the train"...) I do realize that there is someone I put in my "probably town" list that's not actually town since we have 3 non-towns, but that's how my reads are.
    Ahh yes, because the point is to get a lynch at all costs (in a mandatory D1 lynch game), not to actually find who's scum, right? :P

This isn't a pro-town mindset.
    DM hasn't had a vote on him this whole game. That's not the counter-train.
    He has been under significant pressure, especially since there was an early consensus about lynching the inactives.
    And I suggest we do exactly that.

37. ISO #587

WE'VE HAD 580 POSTS TODAY AND ALL YOU CAN MUSTER IS A POLICY YEET?
    I was the one who suggested it not MM
    -vote Dark Magician

38. ISO #588

39. ISO #589

HOW IS MM TOWREADING *EVERYONE*!?!
    I don't townread everyone, I just don't like the current trains. I said why. If you don't like it, then reevaluate, and if you still don't like it, then stick to them or even push to lynch me lol, but don't act like it's a tragedy to go against the consensus in a mandatory lynch day, because that's bullshit.

40. ISO #590

DM. Oberon did nothing amazing either, and I'm starting to think that his early attack about "PR hunting" means nothing if he doesn't do anything afterwards (his vote on Frost is literally there for the sake of being placed because "we need to push if we want to find scum" and because "he likes the people on the train"...) I do realize that there is someone I put in my "probably town" list that's not actually town since we have 3 non-towns, but that's how my reads are.

Ahh yes, because the point is to get a lynch at all costs (in a mandatory D1 lynch game), not to actually find who's scum, right? :P

This isn't a pro-town mindset.

He has been under significant pressure, especially since there was an early consensus about lynching the inactives.
    And I suggest we do exactly that.
    Oy vey....

The goal is to get the best yeet you can for D1.

The game got serious about 5 pages ago. You really want to default to a policy yeet on someone who didn't know the game started?

41. ISO #591

I was the one who suggested it not MM
    -vote Dark Magician
    I haven't even seen it, so to be fair, the idea comes from me even though I wasn't the first one to say it :P.
    (Or more accurately, it comes from Helz who very wisely suggested that we lynch in the inactive pool today, WHICH @MattZed HAD AGREED ON BY THE WAY.)

42. ISO #592

To be clear, I'm not saying we *should* be voting you. I'm drilling into MM for making absolutely no sense.
    I got it. I just agreed when what you ment. It made sence. But MM open saying that as scum would be odd. I have noticed one of the reasons MM gets mislynched a lot as town is becise he will be honest to the point of makeing himself look scummy.

I don’t have him as town but I don’t have him as scum. I hacc v e him more null. He can go eather way. He always is so scummy as town and so townie as scum. I know this may not make sence to you but it is how I read MM.

43. ISO #593

Oy vey....

The goal is to get the best yeet you can for D1.

The game got serious about 5 pages ago. You really want to default to a policy yeet on someone who didn't know the game started?
    He knew the game had started when he left a completely unexplained vote on Mike (literally just -vote mike) as his only game-relevant post after having made 13 useless posts. And I already said I don't like the Frinckles/Frostbyte/Mike trains anymore. If I think they're likely town (especially frostbyte), how in the world are they the best lynches????

44. ISO #594

I got it. I just agreed when what you ment. It made sence. But MM open saying that as scum would be odd. I have noticed one of the reasons MM gets mislynched a lot as town is becise he will be honest to the point of makeing himself look scummy.

I don’t have him as town but I don’t have him as scum. I hacc v e him more null. He can go eather way. He always is so scummy as town and so townie as scum. I know this may not make sence to you but it is how I read MM.
    Oh yeah, now that you bring it up. Why the fuck would I say that as scum? I would have the amazing choice of going between Frostbyte, Frinckles or Mike. Even if one of them were my scummate, I could just pick one who isn't and roll with that lol.

45. ISO #595

He knew the game had started when he left a completely unexplained vote on Mike (literally just -vote mike) as his only game-relevant post after having made 13 useless posts. And I already said I don't like the Frinckles/Frostbyte/Mike trains anymore. If I think they're likely town (especially frostbyte), how in the world are they the best lynches????
    Thsi is so townie of MM. scum MM would hope on a train as long as it is not one of his partners and he has 3 to pick from. I honestly can not see scum MM doing this.

46. ISO #596

I'm live-catching up. Also, I have to go pretty soon and 100 % won't come back before EoD.
    And very very soon, I'm going to 100 % not suspiciously vanish for the rest of the day because I can't stay lol, so if you have stuff to ask me, it's now or never. And my vote will be on DM.

If you REALLY are super zealous on getting a lynch between Frinckles and Frostbyte, I support a Frinckles lynch more than a Frostbyte one because I townread Frostbyte with medium force, while Frinckles is more of a mild/unsure townread.

47. ISO #597

Oh yeah, now that you bring it up. Why the fuck would I say that as scum? I would have the amazing choice of going between Frostbyte, Frinckles or Mike. Even if one of them were my scummate, I could just pick one who isn't and roll with that lol.
    This is a good point. Unless you're doing some 1000iq townpoints hoarding but that's tinfoil shit.

48. ISO #598

Umm ok, so he just pointed it out back to null.

49. ISO #599

Umm ok, so he just pointed it out back to null.
    "It's right and you literally elaborated on what I just said, so you're scum"

Mike absolutely is town, by the way, that's how he reads people.

50. ISO #600