S-FM 348: Standoff - Page 19
Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

Re: S-FM 348: Standoff

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Shut up, you're bad at pretending you're stupid. Please forfeit so I can sleep on my laurels.
    Uh, no. You're talking like Deathworlds is town, but that should be IMPOSSIBLE from town!Debbie's point of view, unless there is something I am missing - so if I am missing something, please do enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #902

3. ISO #903

> And even if that target is a wolf, if we mistakenly townread them then it still benefits us in the end as scum-Death would die.

I don't follow, sorry.

Yeah 1 people dying is always simplifying, true
    Basically tldr doesn't matter if the person wolf-Death scans is a member of the mafia because it still closes their options off and if Death tries to call you w/w with their teammate and the teammate is townier than Death, Death will get voted anyway.

Or just

The scan will help anyway to some degree, there's way too many ifs and buts and moving parts and it's too late here fir me to consider every one but the scan will always be a new positive to town regardless of what alignment Death is.

4. ISO #904

5. ISO #905

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Uh, no. You're talking like Deathworlds is town, but that should be IMPOSSIBLE from town!Debbie's point of view, unless there is something I am missing - so if I am missing something, please do enlighten me.
    blablablabla blablablabala I spread doubt and make it look like you're not making sense when you're simply talking to people from their pov which is obvious blablablabla

I told you : you're bad at pretending you're stupid, you should stop hurting yourself.

6. ISO #906

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    There is one wolf among citizen claim between Mizery, Vittae and yourself because Pod flipped citizen. There are 3 citizens in this set up because I know I am town PR. Varcron flipped town PR. There is one town PR between lol and deb.

Even if Varcron was tailored to be a PR from a citizen, it means nothing because that still means there is a wolf in citizen list
    Wouldn't scum!Deathworlds just... lie, though? Investigations are only reliable if we really have a town investigator lol
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #907

8. ISO #908

FFS I guess there's a world where bartender fucked with DW's feedback
    Or a role that can swap targets but yes.

Another reason to sleep as Ikarus isn't confirmed town by any means here nor am I from an objective standpoint so my death would be a net positive too.

9. ISO #909

10. ISO #910

11. ISO #911

12. ISO #912

blablablabla blablablabala I spread doubt and make it look like you're not making sense when you're simply talking to people from their pov which is obvious blablablabla

I told you : you're bad at pretending you're stupid, you should stop hurting yourself.
    I'm not making it look like you're not making sense, I'm saying you slipped lmao.
    @Vittae how does the scan help us if Deathworlds is scum? In that world, he could even be something that isn't investigator.

13. ISO #913

I'm not making it look like you're not making sense, I'm saying you slipped lmao.
    @Vittae how does the scan help us if Deathworlds is scum? In that world, he could even be something that isn't investigator.
    Phrase it that way if you will, I don't even know why I'm bothering reading your posts at this point

14. ISO #914

FFS I guess there's a world where bartender fucked with DW's feedback
    OH

Sorry, I'm stupid lmao, nevermind the last posts. That basically means everything is possible though...

15. ISO #915

16. ISO #916

17. ISO #917

18. ISO #918

19. ISO #919

Nope. I don't buy it.
    It doesn't mean you're necessarily town, mind you, so don't buy it as much as you like.

In this case, though, can't scum!Ikarus just re-mess with Deathworlds' feedback tonight?

20. ISO #920

21. ISO #921

22. ISO #922

Let's imagine an oversimplified world with nothing that could affect the scan for convenience sake.

If Death is a wolf and he comes back tomorrow saying I'm a wolf for example, it would only take one of me and Deb to be villagery in order to get Death killed.

If Death comes back calling somebody town, that person can't be Deb's partner. We could force Death to check, say, Deb's most likely wolf partner and then that's a difficult commitment for Death to make.

That's the theory anyway, roles screwing with the results might make it harder for us in this setup but it's still a net positive.

And even if the scan if useless the extra confirmed villager from the death (nobody at this point is guaranteed to be town including myself from an objective standpoint so it's a positive if I die) and the potential for a wolf to die from poison make sleep worth it.

23. ISO #923

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Let's imagine an oversimplified world with nothing that could affect the scan for convenience sake.

If Death is a wolf and he comes back tomorrow saying I'm a wolf for example, it would only take one of me and Deb to be villagery in order to get Death killed.

If Death comes back calling somebody town, that person can't be Deb's partner. We could force Death to check, say, Deb's most likely wolf partner and then that's a difficult commitment for Death to make.

That's the theory anyway, roles screwing with the results might make it harder for us in this setup but it's still a net positive.

And even if the scan if useless the extra confirmed villager from the death (nobody at this point is guaranteed to be town including myself from an objective standpoint so it's a positive if I die) and the potential for a wolf to die from poison make sleep worth it.
    Convoluted way to say that we don't actually care about the scan, but sure

24. ISO #924

Lol no I mean I don't buy it that you're genuine
    I mean, if you're town, there isn't much I can do to prove that I'm genuine, and if you're scum, you do whatever you want anyway, so evil or skill issue :P
    I don't think we give a single flying fuck to anyone's feedback tbh
    Considering the situation, that is indeed how it looks; but in this case, why should we skip?

25. ISO #925

26. ISO #926

I mean, if you're town, there isn't much I can do to prove that I'm genuine, and if you're scum, you do whatever you want anyway, so evil or skill issue :P

Considering the situation, that is indeed how it looks; but in this case, why should we skip?
    Actually yes, there was something you could've done : being genuine and not intentionally misinterpreting and deforming everything I said.

Because an additional death is 1 less potential mislynch ?

You really should stop it...

27. ISO #927

28. ISO #928

Fair enough, sleeping ends up giving us more info no matter what. My vote is there in spirit, but I won't place it to avoid hammers, since we want that time to discuss.

29. ISO #929

Yeah I was asked about the scan but like.

The scan if Death is a wolf is the least important thing of the things sleeping gets us.
    Yeah that came a bit more aggressive than I intended, sorry lol

Tbh I meant to ask too but figured it wasn't important since regardless of the scan there's good reasons to sleep. Glad to see I'm not completely off the charts bonkers insane yet

30. ISO #930

31. ISO #931

Current situation

Confirmed dead
    PoD - citizen
    Varcron - town PR (tailored?)

Citizen claims (one of them is scum)
    Mizery
    MM
    Vittae

PR claims (one of them is scum)
    ikarusdk
    loldebite - claims snitch
    deathworld - claims investigator (claims loldebte scanned tailor)

SET UP summary - From this we know, 3 citizens and 3 Town PR and 2 scum PR.
    One scum in citizen claim, one scum in PR claim
    Although it IS POSSIBLE we have 4 citizens and 2 town PR, it is less likely as currently either death/lol is not telling the truth.

IF WE SKIP

Night kill speculation (1)
    Kills ikarusdk

and the next day
    Citizen claims 3 people (33% chance to find wolf)
    PR claims 2 people (50% chance to find wolf)

NK speculation (2)

Kills one citizen

and the next day
    Citizen claim 2 people (50% to find wolf)
    PR claims 3 people (33% chance to find wolf)

NK speculation (3)

Kills either death/lol

and the next day
    PR claims 2 people (50% chance to find wolf - but then I know exactly who the wolf is so it becomes me vs the other PR)

IF WE LYNCH DEATH/LOL

and we mislynch and they kill me
    the next day
    PR claims 1 people (100% chance to find wolf)

and we mislynch and they kill one citizen claim
    the next day
    Citizen claims 2 people (50% chance to find wolf)
    PR claims 2 people (50% chance to find wolf but then I know exactly who the wolf is so it becomes me vs the other PR)

we lynch successfully

the next day
    PR claims are confirmed.

Which of the scenario is beneficial to town, SKIP or we LYNCH

32. ISO #932

33. ISO #933

34. ISO #934

35. ISO #935

36. ISO #936

37. ISO #937

Now i sound wolfy af because i pushed for lynch that could result in wolves winning
    no, so sound newish to the game, and that's alright
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

38. ISO #938

what's super goofy is somewhere, somehow, people started conflating the investigator as an alignment cop, of which it is not, it's a role cop.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

39. ISO #939

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    no, so sound newish to the game, and that's alright
    no you sound*
    fucketh me in the ass

40. ISO #940

I'm usually very sceptical of F5 crossvotes being w/w (especially after losing champs finals F5 with a correct wolf team to a bus and some heavy AtE) but in this case I think it's hard to justify this cross being w/w.

If Death and Deb were w/w then the setup would have only 2 town power roles - a Chemist and a Bartender. That would mean one of our PR slots was a VT and one of our PR slots was a useless role so we would only have one "real" town power role.

I think this is pretty unlikely and I also think two wolves in MM/ikarus/Miz is pretty unlikely as well.

So this is almost never a bussing scenario.

41. ISO #941

I'm usually very sceptical of F5 crossvotes being w/w (especially after losing champs finals F5 with a correct wolf team to a bus and some heavy AtE) but in this case I think it's hard to justify this cross being w/w.

If Death and Deb were w/w then the setup would have only 2 town power roles - a Chemist and a Bartender. That would mean one of our PR slots was a VT and one of our PR slots was a useless role so we would only have one "real" town power role.

I think this is pretty unlikely and I also think two wolves in MM/ikarus/Miz is pretty unlikely as well.

So this is almost never a bussing scenario.
    Ignore this, I got confused as I was thinking about them being t/t as I also don't think that's true.

Partially for the bolded reason and partially because they soft-counterclaim each other with their roles even ignoring Death's result.

If they're t/t then the team would need to be ikarus + either Miz or MM as ikarus is confirmed wolf in those worlds as a 4th PR claim.

42. ISO #942

43. ISO #943

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    what's super goofy is somewhere, somehow, people started conflating the investigator as an alignment cop, of which it is not, it's a role cop.
    If you scan a VT claim and get VT they're scanned town.

If you scan a VT claim and get not VT they're scanned mafia.

In this setup, smart use of an investigator has it function as an alignment cop.

44. ISO #944

@ikarusdk I don't think you answered my question from before.

Varcron soft-counterclaimed you in their role claim yesterday when they said they were a useless town PR. Why did you townread Varcron for their claim given that you yourself are a useless town PR, didn't it strike you as odd that there would be multiple?

45. ISO #945

46. ISO #946

@ikarusdk I don't think you answered my question from before.

Varcron soft-counterclaimed you in their role claim yesterday when they said they were a useless town PR. Why did you townread Varcron for their claim given that you yourself are a useless town PR, didn't it strike you as odd that there would be multiple?
    Because we have three town PR roles, and since I know mine is detrimental, when Varcron claimed his role as similar to mine, I did not think it was that weird. As mine is an utility/deception role, I guessed his one would be either a killing or another deception.

Also I thought he could be a citizen pretending yo be a PR to draw heat.

Either case, I townread him

Also I townread him since day 1

47. ISO #947

48. ISO #948

Doubtful we have a setup with a town investigator and town bartender and no mafia investigator/scout/tracker.

If Death/ikarus are t/t then the mafia team power roles are probably one <framer or bartender> or and one <tracker or scout or investigator>.

If Death is town and ikarus mafia I'd expect Deb to be the likely mafia investigative role and ikarus to be the bartender.

So it is worth noting that if Deb is a wolf and Death is town then if Deb flipped and has a role that isn't framer or bartender then the remaining mafia member is the one capable of messing up Death's results and must be exactly a mafia bartender.

At which point the explicit existence of a mafia-aligned bartender in a game with one player claiming town bartender is hard to ignore and ikarus should be looked at carefully.

Tl;dr Wolf-Deb flipping not tailor/Bartender implies a mafia bartender exists and implicates ikarus. Keep in mind if I'm dead.

49. ISO #949

Because we have three town PR roles, and since I know mine is detrimental, when Varcron claimed his role as similar to mine, I did not think it was that weird. As mine is an utility/deception role, I guessed his one would be either a killing or another deception.

Also I thought he could be a citizen pretending yo be a PR to draw heat.

Either case, I townread him

Also I townread him since day 1
    Thanks, didn't you think it was weird that there were two different useless power roles though? You knew that the setup only had 2-3 power roles at the time so did the thought genuinely never come to mind that it was very difficult to fit both your role and their expected one in this setup?

I would expect almost anybody as town in your position to have at least some doubts internally about Varcron's claim, I'm surprised you seem to have none at all.

50. ISO #950

Doubtful we have a setup with a town investigator and town bartender and no mafia investigator/scout/tracker.

If Death/ikarus are t/t then the mafia team power roles are probably one <framer or bartender> or and one <tracker or scout or investigator>.

If Death is town and ikarus mafia I'd expect Deb to be the likely mafia investigative role and ikarus to be the bartender.

So it is worth noting that if Deb is a wolf and Death is town then if Deb flipped and has a role that isn't framer or bartender then the remaining mafia member is the one capable of messing up Death's results and must be exactly a mafia bartender.

At which point the explicit existence of a mafia-aligned bartender in a game with one player claiming town bartender is hard to ignore and ikarus should be looked at carefully.

Tl;dr Wolf-Deb flipping not tailor/Bartender implies a mafia bartender exists and implicates ikarus. Keep in mind if I'm dead.
    Want to add that if Deb did flip a wolf role with redirection abilities then it's also not implicating for ikarus as town-Death could have been redirected onto a mafia tailor.