4 12.90%
  • Player/person dependent

19 61.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Is this site toxic?

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I think an in-house game with a group of people from the forum (or those who are going into the game knowing there will be long days, mostly citizens, etc.) would be fun. It'd need to be in-house though because people would need to approach it with the mindset of scumhunting through text vs. night actions. Would be a fun idea for someone to organize. @SuperJack ?
    That's the thing, an in-house game would work but if we played a long game like that with casual players they would probably

1- Say "fuck you" several times while not doing anything productive
    2- Leave
    3- Go for a coffee.

Basically cause Arcade Players are used to fast games. The thing is, Forum Mafia is a game that very few people can understand and enjoy.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

3. ISO #53

I think an in-house game with a group of people from the forum (or those who are going into the game knowing there will be long days, mostly citizens, etc.) would be fun. It'd need to be in-house though because people would need to approach it with the mindset of scumhunting through text vs. night actions. Would be a fun idea for someone to organize. @SuperJack ?
    easily done. We will use the Skype Mafia chat room for it as most people r already there. From Their we plan thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    easily done. We will use the Skype Mafia chat room for it as most people r already there. From Their we plan thing.
    Or create a separate chat. Well ima sort this out
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    That's the thing, an in-house game would work but if we played a long game like that with casual players they would probably

1- Say "fuck you" several times while not doing anything productive
    2- Leave
    3- Go for a coffee.

Basically cause Arcade Players are used to fast games. The thing is, Forum Mafia is a game that very few people can understand and enjoy.
    Agreed -- this is why it would have to be in-house. Normal arcade players wouldn't be used to it and would probably role quit / leave train to be honest. We'd probably just get a sign up of players here, figure out a good time for most people, and play a game with however many we got. Don't even need a full 15 person game because it'd be mostly Citizens and such.

5. ISO #55

As a very strong candidate for most toxic player, I will chime in.

This site isn't toxic, but has a lot of players who are either really really bad, or just really really lazy. I think it is trying to play with a combination of these two that brings out the toxicity in players such as myself. I personally think personal attacks should and are apart of the game, but I also realize that the heavy majority would think otherwise for several obvious reasons... (kind of what deathworlds was getting at, as opposed to the extreme I take it...)

Also silverwolf if you do not want to be called autistic or retarded, you would be wise to not call the aggressive player dumb, illiterate, and unable to read.... If you slap someone, do not get upset when they punch you back.

I understand its my job to convince town to see what I am seeing, but when towns don't see something that is 100% fact, or should be, it is very tilting.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post

This site isn't toxic, but has a lot of players who are either really really bad, or just really really lazy. I think it is trying to play with a combination of these two that brings out the toxicity in players such as myself. I personally think personal attacks should and are apart of the game, but I also realize that the heavy majority would think otherwise for several obvious reasons... (kind of what deathworlds was getting at, as opposed to the extreme I take it...)

Also silverwolf if you do not want to be called autistic or retarded, you would be wise to not call the aggressive player dumb, illiterate, and unable to read.... If you slap someone, do not get upset when they punch you back.

I understand its my job to convince town to see what I am seeing, but when towns don't see something that is 100% fact, or should be, it is very tilting.
    https://www.artofliving.org/us-en/8-t...ted-meditation

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Calling someone dumb =/= atuisic, illiterate or even unable to read.

The two are not even remotely the same and I don't recall silver calling anyone exptivly dumb as an insult. If she did it was based on what a player did in game

You have insulted people on a extreme personal level that has no relations to play.

9. ISO #59

You called me mentally and physically retarded in the only game I played with you and called me austistic in several games after that I wasn't even in. You have said similar things to others as well as told them to go kill themselves.

I cant stand you and that's never gonna change. I will never play with you again either.

10. ISO #60

This site isn't toxic, but has a lot of players who are either really really bad, or just really really lazy. I think it is trying to play with a combination of these two that brings out the toxicity in players such as myself.
    Indisuptably true, and this is what has driven a lot of the more serious playerbase away from the site over time. It's pretty inexcusable to not be able to do basic scumhunting or have nothing to say during key points during the game. FM is not rocket science -- it's basic behavioral analysis.

I personally think personal attacks should and are apart of the game, but I also realize that the heavy majority would think otherwise for several obvious reasons... (kind of what deathworlds was getting at, as opposed to the extreme I take it...)
    I sort of view this as PvP in certain Blizzard games. If you're willing to dish it out, you should be ready to accept it back, but I don't think you should be required to avail yourself of personal attacks if that's not the type of experience you're looking for.

I think your issue is that you almost accept the conclusion as a premise sometimes and don't have the patience to walk players through where they need to get. That in combination with other players sometimes being lazy leads to the incidents that have made you famous. Also, you're often a proponent / adherent to FPS which drives other players nuts sometimes -- i.e. forcing the game to progress in the way that you've chosen because you've engineered, for example, a mass claim early in the game.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I'd be willing to redownload SC2 (my windows started acting shit on update, had to reinstall and lost it ) and play in a game with like 5-6 minute long days and 2-3 minute long nights, in-house.
    /in
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Hold his hand a little more why don't you? If he's allowed to play here, the site is saying personal attacks, temper tantrums, and game throwing are more important to the site than players who want to play a game without that shit.
    They're not, and the site has, and will continue to take action when those actions occur. In fact, I think the FM Staff has made a point of cracking down more on problematic behavior of that sort in recent months / games, so I would anticipate there being far less tolerance toward of any of those things in the future. As someone who quit a game because of Duck before, I'm sympathetic toward disliking that behavior.

15. ISO #65

You called me mentally and physically retarded in the only game I played with you and called me austistic in several games after that I wasn't even in. You have said similar things to others as well as told them to go kill themselves.

I cant stand you and that's never gonna change. I will never play with you again either.
    This is partially why myself and several others have an issue with. You are crying "I cant stand you and will never play with you" when that is not even relevant to anything in the post.

"i ignore whatever SJ/duck slot has been saying cus SJ has been known to be a lurker himself and duck is jsut a troll

Are you stupid or something? When someone does what we did first post in a new day that means they have a fucking result!!

We are squirtle. Each night we can do one of two things. Water gun someone to protect them from ash, poison, burn, or capture.

OR bite someone to determine alignment. We bit Fire Viking and they are town.

So fuck off with your assumptions.

~SW
    "

The reason I called you retarded is because you openly choose to ignore a slot you have never seen or interacted with in your entire life, assuming they are a troll.

You then as the only COP/DOCTOR choose to openly claim at the start of day 2 with a GREEN CHECK on your ONLY TOWN READ, when there is an unstoppable CULT in the game. Your play was "Retarded", there is no other word to describe that. If you think I am wrong in the scenario I have set up you may fact check me to your hearts desire, but there is no disputing your play was the most sub optimal play in the history of mafia.

Now calling you autistic in games after that is wrong, but you had stated you were done with the site, and I was not trying to offend you. I was just comparing others bad play to the most atrocious play I had ever seen, which was yours. Ika's whole "I am going to show this to silverwolf shows what kind of idiot he is, but that is for another time.

Just to be clear, calling someone stupid is okay, but calling them retarded is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Indisuptably true, and this is what has driven a lot of the more serious playerbase away from the site over time. It's pretty inexcusable to not be able to do basic scumhunting or have nothing to say during key points during the game. FM is not rocket science -- it's basic behavioral analysis.

I sort of view this as PvP in certain Blizzard games. If you're willing to dish it out, you should be ready to accept it back, but I don't think you should be required to avail yourself of personal attacks if that's not the type of experience you're looking for.

I think your issue is that you almost accept the conclusion as a premise sometimes and don't have the patience to walk players through where they need to get. That in combination with other players sometimes being lazy leads to the incidents that have made you famous. Also, you're often a proponent / adherent to FPS which drives other players nuts sometimes -- i.e. forcing the game to progress in the way that you've chosen because you've engineered, for example, a mass claim early in the game.
    Your last point is fair. I would agree that I do try to leverage my position to force others to do what I tell them to.

They're not, and the site has, and will continue to take action when those actions occur. In fact, I think the FM Staff has made a point of cracking down more on problematic behavior of that sort in recent months / games, so I would anticipate there being far less tolerance toward of any of those things in the future. As someone who quit a game because of Duck before, I'm sympathetic toward disliking that behavior.
    In my defense, I specifically asked the mod/host (mattzed) if threatening to gamethrow was acceptable, and he said yes. (He later said its better not to though, but I had already posted. I actually never intended to threaten to gamethrow, but calix kept saying that is what I said, so I went with it. (was implying would be forced to lynch calix's slot if shifty was not lynched due to the uncertainty of the flip because of a tailor, even though I knew calix was town, which would essentially be me throwing)).

- - - Updated - - -

Hold his hand a little more why don't you? If he's allowed to play here, the site is saying personal attacks, temper tantrums, and game throwing are more important to the site than players who want to play a game without that shit.
    Oh look I can do this too.

If you are allowed to play here, the site is saying lack of game solving, lack of ability, temper tantrums, personal attacks are more important to the site than players who want to play a game without that shit.

Please stop acting like you are on some moral high ground. You are just a whiny little crybaby posting like this.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Hopefully people can be adults and not turn a thread against toxicity into a toxic thread.
    This.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

19. ISO #69

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

Duck-You CC'd the cop and got them lynched as Town and you sent nasty pm's to myself and others with the retarded/autistic insults, then proceeded to call me autistic in several games since that I wasn't even in, not to mention telling people to go kill themselves and threatening people's family on skype, breaking rules, game throwing and ruining games. This site never should of removed your ban. You are the reason several people didn't want to play here and are partially responsible for the decline in play and participation in general. And all you know how to do is blame others for it. Do not address me again or play with me again. Just stay away.

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

Wow, what do you have against AIVION?
    Shots fired.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    . ___
    . l . l . . . ——
    v)o.o)>—_____
    ............____
    .......... |.......|
    ...........--------
    ^)x.o)^ enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tell me you now have the Yuki syndrome.
    It's called: Yukinii, not Yuki

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

My opinion is that rules should be as lax as they were before. So please continue to ban deaththreats, intentional griefing, gamethrows, and other extreme forms of verbal abuse at mod's discretion.
    But as towards what players should do.. that is something different. Lives have value and people should be treated with respect.
    As similar to what Cryptonic said, insults seem reasonable when using it to play to your win condition in a game, but they should not be used to make a player feel unsafe.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't tell me you now have the Yuki syndrome.
    Yukitaka is awesome

39. ISO #89

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    My opinion is that rules should be as lax as they were before. So please continue to ban deaththreats, intentional griefing, gamethrows, and other extreme forms of verbal abuse at mod's discretion.
    But as towards what players should do.. that is something different. Lives have value and people should be treated with respect.
    As similar to what Cryptonic said, insults seem reasonable when using it to play to your win condition in a game, but they should not be used to make a player feel unsafe.

- - - Updated - - -

Yukitaka is awesome
    Wasn't it Yukinii?

40. ISO #90

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

Wasn't it Yukinii?
    Kawaii, or whatever the kids are saying these days.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

47. ISO #97

I'm a what m8?
    A perfectly decent human being.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

48. ISO #98

Duck-You CC'd the cop and got them lynched as Town and you sent nasty pm's to myself and others with the retarded/autistic insults, then proceeded to call me autistic in several games since that I wasn't even in, not to mention telling people to go kill themselves and threatening people's family on skype, breaking rules, game throwing and ruining games. This site never should of removed your ban. You are the reason several people didn't want to play here and are partially responsible for the decline in play and participation in general. And all you know how to do is blame others for it. Do not address me again or play with me again. Just stay away.
    See this is the problem. You don't understand why cc'ing you as cop there was correct. I have done many bad plays and wrong plays, but cc'ing you there was 100% correct.

Your only two reads day 1: Firebringer- town, Duck- Mafia.
    You then open day 2 claiming a green check on your ONLY TOWN READ, and you did not check your only mafia read? You then out your check on someone universally town read, and not being pressured when cult is in the game.

Any rationale player would HAVE TO THINK you are only cop who got culted already. I have explained this to you 100 times, and you fail to see the logic. It is 100% crystal clear to anybody with... you get the point.

Nobody has defended my actions or words, even myself, but you have to realize if you are going to throw insults, you should expect them back. It does not make what I or others do okay, but if you are going to insult people, be prepared for the repercussions.

lol at this progressive SJW feminist era of "do not address me again or play with me again. Just stay away."

Fun fact, if you can tell me what to do and what not to do, I can say what I what to whomever I want!!

I have stopped playing on this site anyway, I play on other websites. I get asked by players to sign up for specific games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    You threatened my kids. Don't ever address me again and I'll keep trying to ignore you.
    oh its still happening, just waiting.

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100