S-FM 302: Magellan (15p) - Page 63
Register

User Tag List

Page 63 of 119 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,150 of 5907
  1. ISO #3101

2. ISO #3102

3. ISO #3103

Re: S-FM Magellan (15p)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marck Wilbird View Post
    This is a good breakdown. Thank you for doing it, I will take it into consideration while I prepare myself mentally for what lynch would occur.

Counter point though. I really like Mulan and don't really wanna lynch her. Is that so bad? If we lynch Mulan, this game goes downward 73% in terms of enjoyment. Let me enjoy what little time we may have left <3
    Hey, if it helps your enjoyment and encourages you to take an earlier Marlwyn lynch into consideration we can quack back and forth if that makes you happy. QUACK

4. ISO #3104

5. ISO #3105

6. ISO #3106

7. ISO #3107

8. ISO #3108

9. ISO #3109

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lois Francklyn View Post
    Just remember, this whole plan breaks down should Korvin die. I trust he won't but I still encourage everyone to draw a conclusion from your reads on who the likeliest scum is out of us 3 claims. We still need to find the other hidden scum mates anyway.
    To me, it just seems more likely atm that Quinne cc'd you so that there wouldn't be 2 confirmed TPR's, and then mafia framed Mulan, than for both you and Quinne to be legit. It just feels more... natural

10. ISO #3110

11. ISO #3111

Indeed, those are the rough possibilities. I will say that Vlad disguising as me is not super unlikely but my supposed "confirmed" town status due to the nature of the RQ was not 100% solid and considering I was in a three-way tie of getting lynched I am not sure I was the very best target for Vlad. Certainly a good one though.

Marlwyn being framed is a possiblity, however due to the fact that we haven't had two night chats at the same time it means that either there is just a Scumitect around or the Framer has used their framing ability twice in a row (or not at all). And I'd reckon it's a 50/50 flip from their POV on whether they'd frame Quinne or Marlwyn, my posts might have been hints. With the current information we have though I don't see why we should believe Marlwyn to not be scum and Quinne be scum.

Also a 4th possibility would be Vlad disuguising as Marlwyn but that's even more unlikely obviously.
    i dont see a world where mafia disguises into our 1v2,
    they want us to mislynch as many times as possible

12. ISO #3112

This quacking thing is actually quite fun. Maybe I will adopt it in my future games. Anyway, I posted my thoughts and my personal read is still that Quinne's Sheriff claim is believable since D1 and Marlwyn is definite scum in my eyes after my result, doubting a frame job.

Oh, last thing. The reason I asked @S-FM Fred Attlebish if Marlwyn revealed their identity in the chat is because of this..

Spoiler : Rolecard town Navigator :
    Role: Navigator (Architect) - Support
    Description: You're a spaceflight engineer with expertise in navigational systems and artificial intelligence, serving as the head navigator of the Magellan.
    The Magellan uses a highly-advanced artificial intelligence system to chart, and correct, flight paths in real-time.
    Unbeknownst to most, it is so powerful it essentially has a mind of its own. It uses a neural interface to communicate with users; whilst incredibly powerful, it takes time getting used to it - and one needs to be finely tuned to the system to be able to gracefully interface with it.
    Being the navigator, you are in a unique position to utilise this technological marvel.
    You can use it to establish a temporary neural connection with a player of your choice.

Ability: Interface with the ship AI at night, giving yourself and another player a temporary day-and-night chat that lasts until the end of the next phase.
    Special: You may not reveal your identity in your chat.

See the bolded, coloured Special.

But in the scum Architect/Framer role card, no such thing is mentioned..

Spoiler : Rolecard scum Architect :
    Role: Mentalics Expert (Framer/Architect) - Support
    [Description: You are a Mentalics Expert, an individual with rare, but weak, psionic abilities. You can work "changes" in the neural makeup of an individual, thereby clouding their thoughts or making certain thought patterns appear to be more significant than they really are.
    Ability: Minimally change a player's emotions, causing them to appear to be of an alignment of your choosing to investigative Roles. You can only do this twice per game, and the effect is permanent.
    Ability: Give yourself and another player a temporary day-and-night chat that lasts until the end of the next phase.
    Special: You share a night chat with the rest of the Brookmond agents.
    Special: You can only use one of your abilities per night.

So basically I'm trying to get Fred to tell me if Marlwyn slipped.. and also I'm trying to find out from Ganelon if this difference is intended.

@Ganelon @S-FM Magellan Core Is this difference in wording intended? Is a Navigator forbidden from claiming their identity but a Mentalics Expert is allowed to claim their identity?

13. ISO #3113

14. ISO #3114

lol this is what I expected you to say if you were scum. Because now you can argue "Don't lynch me, I still have a check left"

Why did you hold onto your check?
    ^^ Firstly. I didn't want checks to clash if there are two sheriffs. Secondly. If there is/was a disguises. I want to be able to catch them out if they play hard to get. I have nothing to argue. In my head there is 1 scum between sheriff/architect. Whatever order people are lynched in the result is same in the end. Gimme a TDLR so far of this day?

15. ISO #3115

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Lembird Oshay View Post
    i dont see a world where mafia disguises into our 1v2,
    they want us to mislynch as many times as possible
    Yeah, that's why I was more or less disregarding the possibilities that one of us is framed. I did mention it wouldn't be super unlikely to be disguising as me but still pretty unlikely in the grand scheme of things.

16. ISO #3116

17. ISO #3117

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Quinne View Post
    ^^ Firstly. I didn't want checks to clash if there are two sheriffs. Secondly. If there is/was a disguises. I want to be able to catch them out if they play hard to get. I have nothing to argue. In my head there is 1 scum between sheriff/architect. Whatever order people are lynched in the result is same in the end. Gimme a TDLR so far of this day?
    Jan is alive, confirmed still coroner due to OoO and reveal
    So we are going to lynch either you, new-Nick, or Mulan, then Jan will confirm their identity. If we missed scum, we go again.

18. ISO #3118

19. ISO #3119

If disguiser disguises into one of the sheriffs, for example, and then we lynch it, coroner then reveals... disguiser. lol. We then lynch again within the sheriffs/architect

The better play is let us just mislynch the sheriff
    why would they disguse into sheriff?

20. ISO #3120

21. ISO #3121

22. ISO #3122

I have never specified who I am in any of my chats. Not with Vlad or Fred. Obviously with Fred it became implied but I didn't want to take the chances of Vlad finding out my identity at all. As I said, i typd lik thsi th wh0le tyme.

Apparently, Vlad did not realize Mafia had no nightly kill. Or at least he allowed me to entertain the idea that they did because a lot of our talking had to do with him putting that I was a Scumitect in his LW in the event that TownVlad died N2 (by being hit.) I kept trying to get information out of him because he essentially had no reason not to trust me. He was brought into the chat because he was either Scum or Town Power Role and if he were to believe I was scum, then he'd be dead N2 anyway. Obviously, he decided to not do shit and then popped out with a Coroner claim the next day.

I scolded him for this and he said he "didn't wanna talk about it."

23. ISO #3123

24. ISO #3124

25. ISO #3125

26. ISO #3126

Christ, listen. If you guys can't be convinced to agree on which one exactly of us is scum and you want to lynch every one of us and coroner check us until you have concrete evidence before you stop then be my guest. It does look like the setup allows for that to work. There could still be a Turncoat gone solo but the chance is low in my opinion and for them to kill Jan is probably even lower. In that scenario, think through which one of us 3 you should lynch first and second to get the evidence you need to be convinced of who is scum.

Scenario of lynching and autopsying me, no frame job:

Conclusions:
    1. Marlwyn is scum or
    2. Marlwyn was framed and Quinne is scum.
    So nothing concrete. In the scenario that I show as Brookmond I should still show as Sheriff so same conclusions, hopefully. Either way you'd still have to lynch another to be extra sure. I won't list the scenario that my role would show anything else because from my POV it wouldn't but for the sake of argument you'd know I'm scum as there's no Sheriff for mafia. And the second lynch is basically a 50/50. It's not unlikely that Marlwyn would be framed because I indicated my doubts about them D2. And I would not have visited Quinne because of the arguments I brought up on D2.

Scenario of lynching and autopsying Marlwyn (town feedback, either framed or not):

If Marlwyn is scum they'd probably show up as Mentalics Expert instead of Navigator and the assumption is that they didn't visit Vlad, that might still be a possibility though if they wanted to have a chat to talk during the day as scum mates. Either way, Conclusions:
    1. If Navigator then it's a town Architect. Probably indicates that Quinne is scum because if it shows Navigator and Brookmond then I told the truth. 200 IQ play if maf framed Marlwyn so that my claim would look legit. In that case lynch either me or Quinne to find out. Probably the most tedious way.
    2. If Mentalics Expert then scum. Easy finish.
    In this scenario I'd argue the second lynch if Marlwyn flips town to get scum is better than 50/50 for us. Why? Because if Marlwyn flips as framed Navigator then I more than likely told the truth because why would mafia waste a framing action on someone they wanted to accuse anyway of being scum? If I were scum I'd just lie and not have a teammate frame the night before as well. It's very improbable and wasteful. Thus Quinne lynch afterwards gets the scum.

Scenario of lynching and autopsying Quinne (town feedback as well):

Conclusions:
    1. Marlwyn is likely scum because Quinne's result was town on me.
    2. I'm scum because I'm the Godfather.
    If it doesn't show Sheriff as role then we got it obviously. But same scenario, probably takes atleast two lynches to get it right and even then the second lynch is still 50/50, more or less.

So if you all REALLY REALLY wanna lynch until you got the right person out of us 3 TPRs then you either start with me or with Marlwyn and my personal recommendation is Marlwyn for obvious reasons but also logical ones if you agree what the conclusions I drew.

TL;DR: If you all want to lynch, do Marlwyn and go from there for the quickest result. Lynching me or Quinne has the highest chance of needing to lynch all 3 of us to get it right.

Btw, @S-FM Fred Attlebish : Did Marlwyn reveal their identity themselves in the day-and-night chat? Or did you just assume due to the claim? I think that's an important distinction.
    well the night chat was like this I will post it. Be warned I wanted to make myself looks scummy to get them to out lol.

27. ISO #3127

28. ISO #3128

29. ISO #3129

This quacking thing is actually quite fun. Maybe I will adopt it in my future games. Anyway, I posted my thoughts and my personal read is still that Quinne's Sheriff claim is believable since D1 and Marlwyn is definite scum in my eyes after my result, doubting a frame job.

Oh, last thing. The reason I asked @S-FM Fred Attlebish if Marlwyn revealed their identity in the chat is because of this..

Spoiler : Rolecard town Navigator :
    Role: Navigator (Architect) - Support
    Description: You're a spaceflight engineer with expertise in navigational systems and artificial intelligence, serving as the head navigator of the Magellan.
    The Magellan uses a highly-advanced artificial intelligence system to chart, and correct, flight paths in real-time.
    Unbeknownst to most, it is so powerful it essentially has a mind of its own. It uses a neural interface to communicate with users; whilst incredibly powerful, it takes time getting used to it - and one needs to be finely tuned to the system to be able to gracefully interface with it.
    Being the navigator, you are in a unique position to utilise this technological marvel.
    You can use it to establish a temporary neural connection with a player of your choice.

Ability: Interface with the ship AI at night, giving yourself and another player a temporary day-and-night chat that lasts until the end of the next phase.
    Special: You may not reveal your identity in your chat.

See the bolded, coloured Special.

But in the scum Architect/Framer role card, no such thing is mentioned..

Spoiler : Rolecard scum Architect :
    Role: Mentalics Expert (Framer/Architect) - Support
    [Description: You are a Mentalics Expert, an individual with rare, but weak, psionic abilities. You can work "changes" in the neural makeup of an individual, thereby clouding their thoughts or making certain thought patterns appear to be more significant than they really are.
    Ability: Minimally change a player's emotions, causing them to appear to be of an alignment of your choosing to investigative Roles. You can only do this twice per game, and the effect is permanent.
    Ability: Give yourself and another player a temporary day-and-night chat that lasts until the end of the next phase.
    Special: You share a night chat with the rest of the Brookmond agents.
    Special: You can only use one of your abilities per night.

So basically I'm trying to get Fred to tell me if Marlwyn slipped.. and also I'm trying to find out from Ganelon if this difference is intended.

@Ganelon @S-FM Magellan Core Is this difference in wording intended? Is a Navigator forbidden from claiming their identity but a Mentalics Expert is allowed to claim their identity?
    i pointed this out in thr first few hours of d1

30. ISO #3130

31. ISO #3131

32. ISO #3132

33. ISO #3133

34. ISO #3134

35. ISO #3135

36. ISO #3136

37. ISO #3137

38. ISO #3138

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Marlwyn Janson View Post
    To be honest though (and I'm not doing myself favors) I'm not so dumb that I can't compare the rules of analog roles. This seems like a pointless discussion about it. I'd just lie and not do it.
    humor us, just copy/paste that shit in day-chat
    unless I'm misunderstanding the request being made of you

39. ISO #3139

40. ISO #3140

41. ISO #3141

42. ISO #3142

43. ISO #3143

44. ISO #3144

45. ISO #3145

They're not answering. They've given up.

-vote S-FM Quinne

i dont know how too answer

46. ISO #3146

47. ISO #3147

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Joha Schtilzt View Post
    The I believes that all of the conundrums could be mechanically solved by having a coroner reveal the Janson units role after the collective removes it_
    But if they're framed then that result means nothing... right? Then we incorrectly use that result to assume that the 2 possible Sheriffs are confirmed.

I don't see any way to mechanically solve the love triangle.

48. ISO #3148

49. ISO #3149

50. ISO #3150

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Bart Pilfter View Post
    But if they're framed then that result means nothing... right? Then we incorrectly use that result to assume that the 2 possible Sheriffs are confirmed.

I don't see any way to mechanically solve the love triangle.
    Hm_

This is correct_. The I retracts previous statements_