S-FM Mountainous Desperado (14p)

Mountainous Desperado (14p)

11x Town
    3x Mafia
    Spoiler : Role Cards :

Citizen
    You are a Citizen.
    You have no special abilities.
    You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one Citizen left remaining.

Desperado
    You are the chosen one!
    You now possess a gun and must choose someone to kill during this day:
    • if the target is Mafia, the Mafia dies.
    • If the target is Townie, then you die!

Mafioso
    You are a member of the Mafia, along with your partners [Player Name] and [Player Name].
    You may talk to your group here: [Link]
    Each night phase, you and your fellow Mafia must choose 1 Townie to kill during the night. Additionally, on N2, the Mafia must choose 1 other Townie to make Desperado giving them a 1-shot day gun that they must use on D3.
    You win when the Mafia achieve Parity.

Special Mechanic
    • On N2, the Mafia must decide which Townie to give a gun to, making the Townie a Desperado. (The target must be someone other than their night kill.)
    • The Desperado is publically announced at the start of D3.
    • Desperado must choose someone to kill during D3. If the target is Mafia then that Mafia dies, if the target is Town then the Desperado dies. If nobody is chosen, the Desperado dies.
    • If, after the shot, 12+ hours remain to EoD then the votes are reset and Majority Lynch is adjusted. Otherwise, votes remain excluding the dead players' vote.

Mechanics
    • Days 48 hours, Nights 24 hours.
    • Majority+Plurality Lynch Mechanic.
    • No Suicides, Last Wills and Death notes.
    • Voting to Skip is not allowed.
    • Mafia share a mandatory factional night kill.
    • Mafia have a permanent chat.

Possible Feedback
    (Role Cards)

Win Conditions
    • Town wins when all Mafia have been eliminated.
    • Mafia win when they achieve Parity.

Order of Operations

Rules of Conduct
    Forum Mafia Rules
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 9th, 2021 at 04:37 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Mountainous Desperado (14p)

Town has 3 mislynches before LYLO if Desperado misshoots, 4 if he succeeds; skips prevent this from varying in any way. The mechanic is interestingly meaningful (and dangerously in the hands of a single player like @Efekannn02 =)).

Necessary information seems to be present. Just to make sure: the game starts on D1, right? I'm asking since it comes from foreign sites with sometimes foreign customs.

Balance-wise, I'm afraid this may be slightly town-favored, given the amount of mislynches town has + the fact that there will necessarily be a confirmed townie or a dead scum from the Desperado, but if there were less townies, it'd probably be scum-favored, so it's not too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Yeah, D1.

The thing is that statistics over 30 games show that in regular games, Town in mountainous games perform by winrate identical to the setups EV. It's below 30% in all standard mountainous, real mountains. 11v3 and 12v3 are all in 20%-25% range.

In practically all seasons of the championship, town is massively underperforming in the qualifiers (last season only in 1 qualifier game town won, even though the setup was massively town sided. Basically 12v3 mountainous except 2 townies are jacks of all trades. And the same in all seasons.) games, and overperforming in semis.

Funnily the exception is S4 - the mountainous setup - where Town overperformed (compared to mountainous stats) in qualifiers. 36% if remember correct.

Town in S4 did massively better than last season, so people are left to assume it must have been a fluke. And, clearly, setups with such low win rates for town in an environment where Town has historically massively underperformed isn't acceptable, right?

Well, here's something funny. Namely the argument that low PR setups, like the ones suggested for Champs, are all just basically mountainous. This post has a good argument for it - nice read.

Now to the, in my opinion, funny part. Everyone tries to convince Thingy to have Mountainous Desperado ir regular Mountainous. Even those who don't want it - they prefer it over the low PR setups that he wants.
    Why is he Tunneled on those setups? Because last season he received the least amounts of complaints from communities. Concerned by each years feedbacks from all those communities - he clearly wants nothing other than relive last season again, he has made that much clear.

Problem, though, is that he makes such perfectly valid cases - it's impossible to argue against. But if people don't change his mind somehow, all future Champs might be setups with slight deviations from the last years setup.
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 11th, 2021 at 05:29 AM.

4. ISO #4

Fair, town sucks when it doesn't even have named townies to play with. Approved. Do you want to be added to the Queue? Or do you this setup added to the Ladder pool instead and wait for it to win a poll instead of adding it to the Queue right now?

~~

The post you linked gave me a setup idea. What if we made a setup only with named townies vs scums? Something like 5 towniesA + 5 towniesB vs 3 vanilla scum. We'd keep the PoE effect of TPR slots without having actual TPRs. That is interesting
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Fair, town sucks when it doesn't even have named townies to play with. Approved. Do you want to be added to the Queue? Or do you this setup added to the Ladder pool instead and wait for it to win a poll instead of adding it to the Queue right now?

~~

The post you linked gave me a setup idea. What if we made a setup only with named townies vs scums? Something like 5 towniesA + 5 towniesB vs 3 vanilla scum. We'd keep the PoE effect of TPR slots without having actual TPRs. That is interesting
    This wasn't even ready for review! xD

Though, tbh, doesn't matter. Either Mountainous Desperado will be the setup in the champs or it won't. Either way, I probably wouldn't remake this entire setup just to have the this years champs setup - the only reason I made this one was because I thoguht it was cool looking.

(there is a distant possibility that a mountainous desperado could be 13v3 instead of 11v3, but that's very very distant)

6. ISO #6

This is above me tbh, ngl.

Also, add it to the ladder pool only if this ended up being the champs setup imo? Not sure.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    This wasn't even ready for review! xD
    And yet it was :P

Though, tbh, doesn't matter. Either Mountainous Desperado will be the setup in the champs or it won't. Either way, I probably wouldn't remake this entire setup just to have the this years champs setup - the only reason I made this one was because I thoguht it was cool looking.

(there is a distant possibility that a mountainous desperado could be 13v3 instead of 11v3, but that's very very distant)
    EDIT: Actually, it'd probably be best to test the setup before putting it into the ladder, since we're doubting its balance. Want me to add it to the Queue? It could always be added afterwards, once it has been tested.

8. ISO #8

And yet it was :P

EDIT: Actually, it'd probably be best to test the setup before putting it into the ladder, since we're doubting its balance. Want me to add it to the Queue? It could always be added afterwards, once it has been tested.
    its fine for play, just not for ladder - balance wise - IMHO.

I kinda don't, tbh.
    Last edited by OzyWho; March 12th, 2021 at 06:09 AM.

9. ISO #9

its fine for play, just not for ladder - balance wise - IMHO.

I kinda don't, tbh. Especially because I'm signed up for this setup on another site xD
    So be it. Feel free to revive this whenever you want.