<CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: <CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    I've not seen a damn thing change nobody has taken responsibility and all you did was scapegoat a single member despite a significant amount of you behaving the same way.

You can't pretend the past doesn't exist.

Also now you have a hired gun to fake chooo troll. I've never seen a fake chooo troll, only real chooo trolls. Nobody is trying to frame you, people are just bringing to light your clan behavior and by being in the clan you FORMALLY ENDORSE SAID BEHAVIOR, ESPECIALLY THAT OF YOUR DEAR SOCIOPATH LEADER who still SPAMS AND GRIEFS.
    Watch my replay. And shut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #252

Since Exeter has got off, my vote changes on
    -vote renegade
    , for lying and accusating me of hiring people to lie for me. I claim Sheriff. I am here to find the bad apples in the clan and the assholes framing us and to kick/report them. Get renegade, he's mafioso! If I'm right get Efekann after, it'll mean he's the Godfather.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #253

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Watch my replay. And shut it.
    You've gone from someone that sounded reasonable and like a decent player and person to a raving sycophant who screams at anyone that has evidence that you 100% support GRIEFING AND SPAMMING.

What did SCVmurderer do to you to make you such a lackey?

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

You've gone from someone that sounded reasonable and like a decent player and person to a raving sycophant who screams at anyone that has evidence that you 100% support GRIEFING AND SPAMMING.

What did SCVmurderer do to you to make you such a lackey?
    Stop changing the matter of the conversation. WATCH THE REPLAY AND COMMENT IT HONESTLY WITHOUT GETTING ON ANYTHING ELSE. Your Honor, the suspect is lacking of cooperation and is insulting me. I'm telling you he's a mafioso.

6. ISO #256

Is this what it's like to play Forum Mafia? 13 pages of circular arguments over a short period of time? jeez that took a long time to read!

I think underneath all of the flaming and name-calling that both sides made good points.

On the anti-choo side:
    Some of the Choos definitely took the role-playing too far in the past. I would agree that not just the spamming occurred, but there were definitely times when Choo players allied with each other because of their names (meta-trusting as you say) and led completely spam-filled lynch trains on people they didn't like. Notably, this behavior usually was only in the first couple days of the game and if someone actually had a good lead on one of them the others would follow it, though they would make every effort to inno if there was any defense. I think this definitely at times went beyond simple "Meta-Trusting" because it was NOT just judging whether somebody is good or evil based on ur knowledge of their playstyle. It was instead a blind commitment to vote with somebody else because of their name.

On the choo side:
    As they have said, hacker was generally the biggest culprit of this stuff, though it was originally all started by Scv. Since hacker was banned I would agree they have definitely stopped doing much of anything besides that harmless D1 spam. I noticed in a recent game I played where there were several "THE LYNCH TRAIN" names, Scv himself barely spoke and didn't even participate in the D1 spam that the other members did. He definitely seems to be taking the Keeper role seriously.

I definitely see where renegade is coming from that it seems like Hacker is being completely scapegoated for all past transgressions. Just because he may have led other choos to start acting shitty, doesn't mean those people should go unpunished. That being said, if nobody filed any reports from those games, then you cannot really complain about a lack of punishments. Punishments are given based on reports, not on your general opinion of somebody over time.

I also see where Marshmellow is coming from in saying that Choo has changed and he and scv are removing any bad apples they find from now on; however, as Marshmellow himself mentioned, this has only occurred in the last couple of weeks. As a result, it is silly to expect people who developed a hatred for the Choo clan over the course of months to suddenly change their opinion based on a recent development. It takes time for opinions to change and Renegade himself noted in an earlier post that he played a couple games with you guys and didn't see any more trolling.

TLDR: I think as 2 people who care so much that you've written 13 pages of posts on this topic, you'll actually like each other if you shut up and go back to playing the game.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Is this what it's like to play Forum Mafia? 13 pages of circular arguments over a short period of time? jeez that took a long time to read!

I think underneath all of the flaming and name-calling that both sides made good points.

On the anti-choo side:
    Some of the Choos definitely took the role-playing too far in the past. I would agree that not just the spamming occurred, but there were definitely times when Choo players allied with each other because of their names (meta-trusting as you say) and led completely spam-filled lynch trains on people they didn't like. Notably, this behavior usually was only in the first couple days of the game and if someone actually had a good lead on one of them the others would follow it, though they would make every effort to inno if there was any defense. I think this definitely at times went beyond simple "Meta-Trusting" because it was NOT just judging whether somebody is good or evil based on ur knowledge of their playstyle. It was instead a blind commitment to vote with somebody else because of their name.

On the choo side:
    As they have said, hacker was generally the biggest culprit of this stuff, though it was originally all started by Scv. Since hacker was banned I would agree they have definitely stopped doing much of anything besides that harmless D1 spam. I noticed in a recent game I played where there were several "THE LYNCH TRAIN" names, Scv himself barely spoke and didn't even participate in the D1 spam that the other members did. He definitely seems to be taking the Keeper role seriously.

I definitely see where renegade is coming from that it seems like Hacker is being completely scapegoated for all past transgressions. Just because he may have led other choos to start acting shitty, doesn't mean those people should go unpunished. That being said, if nobody filed any reports from those games, then you cannot really complain about a lack of punishments. Punishments are given based on reports, not on your general opinion of somebody over time.

I also see where Marshmellow is coming from in saying that Choo has changed and he and scv are removing any bad apples they find from now on; however, as Marshmellow himself mentioned, this has only occurred in the last couple of weeks. As a result, it is silly to expect people who developed a hatred for the Choo clan over the course of months to suddenly change their opinion based on a recent development. It takes time for opinions to change and Renegade himself noted in an earlier post that he played a couple games with you guys and didn't see any more trolling.

TLDR: I think as 2 people who care so much that you've written 13 pages of posts on this topic, you'll actually like each other if you shut up and go back to playing the game.
    True, but it's also silly to ban everyone from CHOOOO without letting us any time to prove ourselves. Also you're right, if we were all to play the game correctly there would be no problem. But when people fake being choooos to frame us, there is no hope for such a thing.

Also yes, the beyond-meta-trust did happen in the very early days of the clan. This period is over, due to the legit players and Scv himself, who stopped that before it became a plague for everyone.

And this is obviously NOT a real FM game, it's a big joke from SJ lol. A funny one actually don't think FM is like that for real, it'd be really false.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 18th, 2018 at 02:43 PM.

8. ISO #258

True, but it's also silly to ban everyone from CHOOOO without letting us any time to prove ourselves. Also you're right, if we were all to play the game correctly there would be no problem. But when people fake being choooos to frame us, there is no hope for such a thing.
    You're totally right on that. There is a reporting system for a reason. Nobody should have the power to kick others from lobbies who are not banned from the game. It is an unfortunate limitation of starcraft 2.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

9. ISO #259

I've not seen a damn thing change nobody has taken responsibility and all you did was scapegoat a single member despite a significant amount of you behaving the same way.

You can't pretend the past doesn't exist.

Also now you have a hired gun to fake chooo troll. I've never seen a fake chooo troll, only real chooo trolls. Nobody is trying to frame you, people are just bringing to light your clan behavior and by being in the clan you FORMALLY ENDORSE SAID BEHAVIOR, ESPECIALLY THAT OF YOUR DEAR SOCIOPATH LEADER who still SPAMS AND GRIEFS.
    .... you think we hired someone... and called in that many people with biases... really? There ARE fake choos going around spamming, pay closer attention to the players. You are currently trying to get rid of something for things that 1:weren't 100% accurate and 2:aren't there at all now anyways. Now you are attacking some of the choos, like me, that go around and tone some lynch trains down a bit. "A HIRED GUN" REALLY? stop, think about how ridiculous you sound.

10. ISO #260

Quote Originally Posted by devyn View Post
    .... you think we hired someone... and called in that many people with biases... really? There ARE fake choos going around spamming, pay closer attention to the players. You are currently trying to get rid of something for things that 1:weren't 100% accurate and 2:aren't there at all now anyways. Now you are attacking some of the choos, like me, that go around and tone some lynch trains down a bit. "A HIRED GUN" REALLY? stop, think about how ridiculous you sound.
    I'll quote someone more eloquent than me:

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    you would actually be a good friend for panther lol
    Omg, not Panther... Put them together and mafia is dead xD

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

Quote Originally Posted by devyn View Post
    Renegade, your post has a few issues there: Notice it says in the past. That stopped, we cleared that up. It also says some. the rest of your claim is still not supported by that paragraph.
    As long as you follow dear cult leader SCVmurderer, you haven't cleaned up a goddamn thing. Stop pretending that HACKER was the ONLY source of all of the shit you caused.

Please, let's be real now devin.

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

Quote Originally Posted by Scvmurderer View Post
    Repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true.
    Coming from someone who should change his profile picture to a [citation needed] bracket from wikipedia.

https://imgur.com/a/iv91O

Also, to whoever baselessly accused me of playing with Efe on EU, please come out of the woodwork with a provided replay and my SCID and I'll come out with my own. You're absolutely bullshitting everyone and spreading false accusations, it's not helping your case by any stretch. Consider this a challenge to any Choo or Skwirl or any sort of clan member. I have 6 replays of me playing on mafia in the last year. They're all on NA and they're all between december and now. Find a magical seventh and please prove me wrong, or just shut the fuck up because you don't know what you're saying.

I'll make my argument clear here so that you can't quote me incorrectly even though some asshole continues to do so (aka on discord, fuck you in particular)

Choo is toxic for the community. Using meta-trust as a way to read players in an anonymous game is flawed inherently (note the word anonymous) and anyone who continues to do this in games on a regular basis doesn't get the point of playing the game. The game is deception. That's why it's played anonymously. Picking the same name every game is something I disagree with but realistically can't be enforced.

Nowhere did I state that all choo players are rule breakers or even bad people. If for some reason I did say this, let it be known right now that I officially rescend that opinion. It's incorrect and sums up people into one general category. It's like saying that all ToS players are retards. Neither argument holds water. This is called a hasty generalization and is a logical fallacy, which, to further support this assertion, is actually punishable under forum mafia rules. The concept of a group of players playing together is acceptable, but the extent that choo goes to is absolute bullshit. Other players don't have the same information as choo members in order to form these meta-trusts inside games and, as such, cannot enforce them.

The choo fanaticism is also unhealthy. I provided a replay of Scv spamming and showing preference to choo members from december but fortunately I haven't played a game with him since and don't have any other recent replays. However in the imgur link I posted earlier, I showed quotes of him saying, and I quote, "The CHOO army cannot be stopped now". I won't dig deep into this post now because any conclusions drawn from it are completely subjective, but in my opinion it shows that he believes all players should be in a clan such as choo or skwirl, which is, again in my opinion, not a good way to play.

If it were up to me, showing meta-trusts and rampant spamming, particularly from a player who has colored names, should be considered punishable in order to help clean the community. Scv has no business being a mod, but neither do I. Neither of us have the credibility to do something like that and especially someone with a dodgy background like Scv. These examples of Scv showing choo favoritism mean that something will clearly go awry in grading a report and it's only a matter of time.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; February 18th, 2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: changed this from a shitpost to a wallpost. sorry mm
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

18. ISO #268

As long as you follow dear cult leader SCVmurderer, you haven't cleaned up a goddamn thing. Stop pretending that HACKER was the ONLY source of all of the shit you caused.

Please, let's be real now devin.
    But then the next problem is that you exclude that was in the past, it's invalid now.

19. ISO #269

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Coming from someone who should change his profile picture to a [citation needed] bracket from wikipedia.

Also, to whoever baselessly accused me of playing with Efe on EU, please come out of the woodwork with a provided replay and my SCID and I'll come out with my own. You're absolutely bullshitting everyone and spreading false accusations, it's not helping your case by any stretch. Consider this a challenge to any Choo or Skwirl or any sort of clan member. I have 6 replays of me playing on mafia in the last year. They're all on NA and they're all between december and now. Find a magical seventh and please prove me wrong, or just shut the fuck up because you don't know what you're saying.
    Ok I believe you ain't a dumbfuck that would like about this, so both camps are using non legit methods and lies in order to take ascendant on the other. So whoever is spreading lies, stop it because it's... lies.

Edit: excuse me for editing my post, but I wanna say SB16 gains townpoints for his post. He's being honest and he really thinks what he says. It's not everyone's case, I think. renegade.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 18th, 2018 at 04:36 PM.

20. ISO #270

Wow would you look at that.

CHOOO clan truly can't be stopped because moderators and admins have fully endorsed SCVmurderer and his behavior, even so much as letting him stay on staff, while he facilitates and encourages his underlings to gang up in lobbies, spam, grief, and coordinate despite what roles they get.

21. ISO #271

Wow would you look at that.

CHOOO clan truly can't be stopped because moderators and admins have fully endorsed SCVmurderer and his behavior, even so much as letting him stay on staff, while he facilitates and encourages his underlings to gang up in lobbies, spam, grief, and coordinate despite what roles they get.
    ...are you sure it's Pennsylvania, and not Transylvania? Or Transylvanaswindrunner? You are lying and obviously not trying to help the community nor the Town, which is why my vote is on you.

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

...are you sure it's Pennsylvania, and not Transylvania? Or Transylvanaswindrunner? You are lying and obviously not trying to help the community nor the Town, which is why my vote is on you.
    Is this a shitpost? I can't tell.

24. ISO #274

Is this a shitpost? I can't tell.
    Obviously Lol... Transylvanas.... Lol.... Does It Really Look Like A Serious Post? Come On...

25. ISO #275

Obviously Lol... Transylvanas.... Lol.... Does It Really Look Like A Serious Post? Come On...
    Also, I was wondering if you had a response to my edited post. I didn't expect anyone to respond in 30 minutes so I edited it like an asshole. Oops.

26. ISO #276

If anyone wishes to complain about staffing, post them in the answer hall.
    Otherwise, your voice isn't heard.

If you have games that are constantly being destroyed, report it every time.
    Sometimes one or two replays are not enough.
    But when you have dozens from different sources, word picks up.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

If you don't like meta trust/distrust then host a game and remove custom names. Now for changes that I would suggest to the game, remove colored text chat for in game chat, place a 15 second mute on anyone who hits the message sent cap OR lower the message sent cap to 1 message per 3-5 seconds.

I personally would like custom names to be permanently removed but that is just me and people like their custom names so just disable it if you host. Both of those changes would fix the issue.

If you find Choo members or hell anyone still working together in a suspicious manner then I would then report it as there is a much higher chance they are skyping/using out of game communication to cheat.
    A whole clan doesn't have to be banned unless multiple reports on multiple members are found valid then I would suggest a leave the clan or get banned final resolution but again I don't see this being needed.

29. ISO #279

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    If you don't like meta trust/distrust then host a game and remove custom names. Now for changes that I would suggest to the game, remove colored text chat for in game chat, place a 15 second mute on anyone who hits the message sent cap OR lower the message sent cap to 1 message per 3-5 seconds.

I personally would like custom names to be permanently removed but that is just me and people like their custom names so just disable it if you host. Both of those changes would fix the issue.

If you find Choo members or hell anyone still working together in a suspicious manner then I would then report it as there is a much higher chance they are skyping/using out of game communication to cheat.
    A whole clan doesn't have to be banned unless multiple reports on multiple members are found valid then I would suggest a leave the clan or get banned final resolution but again I don't see this being needed.
    I 100% agree with you. Well, 90% since the message cap would break games.

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

Right ^^

32. ISO #282

Something to take into consideration here @renegade : Mafia is in need for staff members. Right now there are 3 staff members, nighthawk, Rumox, and now SCV. The game was getting overwhelmed with reports and starting to fall waaay behind on punishing players. SCV stepped forward to give his time to help go through these reports, as well as keep the game clean. He has been removing toxic people from his clan as well as keeping his chat spam to D1. You need to let go of the personal grudge, of the "scapegoating" hacker and understand that what he is doing to help the game is DESPERATELY NEEDED right now. Please @renegade fill out a keeper application and dedicate hours of your time to filing reports and helping moderate the game in the background. If not, stop laying into the staff here for accepting some1 and giving them a chance, whom a few months ago was in the clan sc2maf, and who has been playing mafia for years. We are a group of people trying to keep a game alive - If you are in that group than you should easily understand why giving scv and choooo a chance to "drain the swamp" is a much better idea than just laying into them all and punishing them for spam that happened months ago. The benefits of SCV cleaning up his clan, and helping the staff here FAR FAR FAR outweigh him getting a 4x watchlist for spamming.

I will say this again - If you really want to push this then please step into the keeper spot so you can see how much work and time the staff members are currently devoting to going through all the reports and crap that pile in.
    Last edited by Distorted; February 18th, 2018 at 10:37 PM.

33. ISO #283

It seems you advocate banning the mafia clans. Your only solution to your supposed problems (which I do not think are problems) is to ban Skwirl and CHOO. So we mass banning near 200 people now for a tag beside their name now?
    My post advocates getting the culprits to stop their disruptive behaviour on their own accord, not a ban. Partially, this is because many of their actions are harmful but aren't actually breaking any rules, so reports may not necessarily result in a ban.

I think this problem can only be solved if the culprits WANT to solve it. Like Gastric Penguin and other big problems that we've had in this community. If he hadn't stopped, there was nothing any of us could've done about him.

The resolution wouldn't involve 200 people either. The average clan member doesn't give a hoot about any of the inter-clan drama and clan identity. In this thread itself, see how @renegade joined EfeM without even knowing what it stood for.

Within these mega clans, it's usually just the ringleaders and their posses that cause all the trouble. So it's only these small groups that need to stop certain behaviours.

-vote Exeter350
    Legit shitvoting, faking having reasons to lynch Scv and I. He has a lynch agenda and supports the obvious scum Efekannn, DIE!
    Ayy lmao.

You're a fucking spammer that gets off on ruining the game. Fuck you and your clan.
    Chill with the personal attacks fam.

Spoiler : @aamirus Quote: :
    On the anti-choo side:

^ Precisely.

Spoiler : @Stealthbomber16 Quote: :
    Using meta-trust as a way to read players in an anonymous game is flawed inherently (note the word anonymous) and anyone who continues to do this in games on a regular basis doesn't get the point of playing the game. The game is deception. That's why it's played anonymously. Picking the same name every game is something I disagree with but realistically can't be enforced.

The concept of a group of players playing together is acceptable, but the extent that choo goes to is absolute bullshit. Other players don't have the same information as choo members in order to form these meta-trusts inside games and, as such, cannot enforce them.

The choo fanaticism is also unhealthy. I provided a replay of Scv spamming and showing preference to choo members from december but fortunately I haven't played a game with him since and don't have any other recent replays. However in the imgur link I posted earlier, I showed quotes of him saying, and I quote, "The CHOO army cannot be stopped now". I won't dig deep into this post now because any conclusions drawn from it are completely subjective, but in my opinion it shows that he believes all players should be in a clan such as choo or skwirl, which is, again in my opinion, not a good way to play.

If it were up to me, showing meta-trusts and rampant spamming, particularly from a player who has colored names, should be considered punishable in order to help clean the community. Scv has no business being a mod, but neither do I. Neither of us have the credibility to do something like that and especially someone with a dodgy background like Scv. These examples of Scv showing choo favoritism mean that something will clearly go awry in grading a report and it's only a matter of time.

^ This, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    If you don't like meta trust/distrust then host a game and remove custom names.
    Not feasible. Such a save will be likely to be repicked or result in a leave train, then it's back to regular saves with custom names.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

34. ISO #284

[mod]Keep thread clean, stop shitposting here, go in CJO.[/mod]

Guys. In a game I couldn't play because my computer is bullshitting me, so the replay is utterly incomplete but still. I think I've seen people FAKING being CHOOOOs with a colored name and spamming trolly words like "we'll stomp you bunch of noobs" or something like that.Attachment 24246

Tell me if it's the wrong replay... I was AFK for a big part of game, and was here only on D1 when I had to go. Not great, I know... But still, te interesting part is how that fake choo trolled. If it's not a fake choo, I'll ban him myself, you can be sure of it.
    You can ban? Wow. About fake CHOOOs i agere, they just parody hacker, ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall

DIE.

@renegade You need to chill out and present your points clearly instead of shouting in caps fam. It's hurting your credibility.
    Legit shitvoting, just you vote because he's choo?

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    this thread belongs to the ongoing forum mafia games i got a op role here
    This thread is full of shitposts and thrash.
    Last edited by Arsonist; February 18th, 2018 at 10:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

35. ISO #285

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    My post advocates getting the culprits to stop their disruptive behaviour on their own accord, not a ban. Partially, this is because many of their actions are harmful but aren't actually breaking any rules, so reports may not necessarily result in a ban.

I think this problem can only be solved if the culprits WANT to solve it. Like Gastric Penguin and other big problems that we've had in this community. If he hadn't stopped, there was nothing any of us could've done about him.
    RIGHT HERE - this is exactly what I am getting at with my previous post. This is exactly what happened though. SCV stopped the behavior, also is removing it from his clan and instead, stepped in to help the staff keep the game clean. I am 100% for giving that a shot rather than the 4x watchlist and watching it continue. I have not been able to get a choooo replay SINCE hacker was removed, so from what I see, it is working.

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    -vote renegade

Would like a response.
    -vote SuperJack

More like super jackass, he made pepole shitpost in this thread. There's an ongoing mafia games foum.
    Last edited by Arsonist; February 18th, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

38. ISO #288

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Something to take into consideration here @renegade : Mafia is in need for staff members. Right now there are 3 staff members, nighthawk, Rumox, and now SCV. The game was getting overwhelmed with reports and starting to fall waaay behind on punishing players. SCV stepped forward to give his time to help go through these reports, as well as keep the game clean. He has been removing toxic people from his clan as well as keeping his chat spam to D1. You need to let go of the personal grudge, of the "scapegoating" hacker and understand that what he is doing to help the game is DESPERATELY NEEDED right now. Please @renegade fill out a keeper application and dedicate hours of your time to filing reports and helping moderate the game in the background. If not, stop laying into the staff here for accepting some1 and giving them a chance, whom a few months ago was in the clan sc2maf, and who has been playing mafia for years. We are a group of people trying to keep a game alive - If you are in that group than you should easily understand why giving scv and choooo a chance to "drain the swamp" is a much better idea than just laying into them all and punishing them for spam that happened months ago. The benefits of SCV cleaning up his clan, and helping the staff here FAR FAR FAR outweigh him getting a 4x watchlist for spamming.

I will say this again - If you really want to push this then please step into the keeper spot so you can see how much work and time the staff members are currently devoting to going through all the reports and crap that pile in.
    Which is what I wanted to say, but couldn't find words to do it. Thanks Distorted. By the way, since we just played together, stop banning people because of their clans. It just makes more and more grudges, vendettas and lowers the quality of the game. I think you are just terribly done with trolls in general, and CHOOOO gave you a name to put on all the trolling. But we are not trolls. Please at least consider that the clan itself is not wrong, only some past actions that will not be reitered.

39. ISO #289

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    -vote SuperJack

More like super jackass, he made pepole shitpost in this thread. There's an ongoing mafia games foum.
    Man, it was to dedramatise the situation and to joke a little bit. It's actually funny. So, do you want to replace out or you'll stay in the game?

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

So I think all the views have been expressed and I think the reasoning behind everything has been laid out sufficiently. I really can not see this thread being able to go any further in a productive manner since it is already starting to turn into personal attacks. The choice to allow a chance for choooo to drain the swamps and scv to step in to dedicate hours of his time to the game to help keep it clean has been made. Anyone who can see the bigger picture here understands this is a much better alternative then a constant war and bans/watchlists happening over just some spam, that has now stopped. (please provide replays of anything happening from here on out because it WILL be dealt with in a serious manner).

I think we can vote to have this thread closed though due to where the direction is going. All useful info has been said, opinions expressed, and now attacks being made.

Vote superjack to close this thread.
    -vote superjack

And I would prefer to not close this thread until either @renegade or @Exeter350 vote to have it closed as well; because i want it to be a mutual decision, whether it is agreed upon or not, at least knowing and understanding the decisions.
    Last edited by Distorted; February 19th, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

42. ISO #292

Because the thread name only mentions the CHOOO clan, yes, I got nothing more to add.

There are other clans and other similar problems in the community. However, that'll be going off-topic if I raise them here.

Tbh, regarding CHOOO, I did have an issue with the spam, but I haven't seen it in a while. I just wanted to hash it out in black and white, and in public, so that we can fall back on this thread if the issue ever arises again.

The problem with CHOOO was primarily the spam. As far as I know, the other problems regarding the mega clans that were raised in this thread don't really apply to them, such as meta trust and name-related issues.

-vote SuperJack Actually I'm not a fan of thread locks, I'd rather leave this thread open for other people to further discuss. I'm done tho.
    Last edited by Exeter350; February 18th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

43. ISO #293

I'd agree with Exeter if there wasn't shitposters on this forum. Sadly, there are.
    -vote SuperJack
    to close this thread.

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

I semi-recently joined CHOOOO after playing a fun game with them and not really knowing anyone in there, but I think the most disturbing thing is how people started treating me in lobbies, whether telling me that I/my clan is trash, or just outright kicking me from the lobby. If anyone has played with me they probably know I don't spam at all and I just play the game, yet it's funny that the people who have an ax to grind with CHOOOO over certain members behavior are also the same ones being really rude to people who have done nothing wrong. It's hard to play martyr when you're also feeding negativity in the community.

Saying my clan and I need to go kill ourselves isn't productive for anyone. I get that CHOOOO isn't perfect and you may find them annoying at times, but get off the cross, we need the wood.

47. ISO #297

The choos policy is not to throw or break any rules. Any exceptions by members of choo is the sole responsibility of said individual and should not effect the view of the whole clan.
    So what you're saying is that if individual members break rules or throw games, you (as clan leader/officer/whatever) will not punish or remove them from your clan? iF that is the case, how do you not expect people to look poorly on the clan for harboring people who do that?

Unfortunately, optics are the most important thing when people make judgements. If members of your clan are violating rules, and they aren't punished or removed from the clan or what have you...then that LOOKS to people like you are all in it together. So its not unreasonable for people to lump all of you together.

This is one of the many reasons I do not join any clans on sc2, because the actions of a few or maybe even like 1, can taint the image of everyone with that moniker. Unfortunately it is human behavior to make snap judgements about a whole group based on the actions of a few.

I suggest, you as clan responsible person and now sc2mafia staff? Why arent you green? Take more of a firm action against rule breakers

*yes insert here irony of the fm rule breaker lecturing people on holding others accountable blah blah blah*

48. ISO #298

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    So what you're saying is that if individual members break rules or throw games, you (as clan leader/officer/whatever) will not punish or remove them from your clan? iF that is the case, how do you not expect people to look poorly on the clan for harboring people who do that?

Unfortunately, optics are the most important thing when people make judgements. If members of your clan are violating rules, and they aren't punished or removed from the clan or what have you...then that LOOKS to people like you are all in it together. So its not unreasonable for people to lump all of you together.

This is one of the many reasons I do not join any clans on sc2, because the actions of a few or maybe even like 1, can taint the image of everyone with that moniker. Unfortunately it is human behavior to make snap judgements about a whole group based on the actions of a few.

I suggest, you as clan responsible person and now sc2mafia staff? Why arent you green? Take more of a firm action against rule breakers

*yes insert here irony of the fm rule breaker lecturing people on holding others accountable blah blah blah*
    If nothing else I know people have been kicked for spam/rule breaking/what have you, and I know it says right in the clan announcements not to spam beyond D1 or you'll be kicked.

Either way it's a self-feeding cycle. When you get randomly kicked from lobbies the reaction is to be defensive/upset which leads to more confrontation and more bad feelings. Either way it's just SC2Mafia, let's all just relax and have fun or something like that.

49. ISO #299

*sigh* You are all mafia players, some identify with a clan. Some people will troll while they are in their clan, the whole clan should not be held responsible, if it is actually the officers and leaders then yes the clan should be disbanded but that doesn't seem to be true in this case.
    NOTE:I have not played SC2 mafia and I do intend to as soon as I can get a PC that can run things other than discord and google chrome.
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

50. ISO #300

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    *sigh* You are all mafia players, some identify with a clan. Some people will troll while they are in their clan, the whole clan should not be held responsible, if it is actually the officers and leaders then yes the clan should be disbanded but that doesn't seem to be true in this case.
    NOTE:I have not played SC2 mafia and I do intend to as soon as I can get a PC that can run things other than discord and google chrome.
    youre funny please help me and my quest on destroying the evil clan called EfeF i know almost everything there is of their leader but i need help
    I Like Ice Cream