S-FM 303: Summer 2020 (Newbie Game) - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM Summer 2020

I probably got misunderuwustood and at first I have ignored it, but it may be used against me later in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltanis View Post
    Page 4-5
    Dallarain said my the town win and dint include himself makes me think his sus
    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Yeah exactly I had the same thought, Dallarian's speech has a lot of non-town inclusive way of talking that's part of why I put him as null read even though Dallarian made some great posts.
    At first I had no idea what post are you relating to and I found it difficult to find it. I hope am quoting the correct one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallarian View Post
    Hi all gl hf
    And may the Town win.
    For me it looks and feel natural. I find it fine to say "Let Slavic Team win." in Football, "British shall rule the sky!" in aircraft battle or in 2vs2 unranked "Let the Protoss win!" when both me and my friend are playing Protoss vs some Terran and Zerg combination (or pretty often in mirrors!). I don't feel a need to include myself and clarify to reader that I belong to the group I am mentioning, when I find it obvious the reader will know.

It is probably some English Grammar thing I haven't covered. I will research this further, I do not want to get lynched for such little things, after all.
    English is my secondary languange I have begun to learnt pretty late compared to my peers. In case you haven't realised I am not native English, I will treat that as personal complement.

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Re: Re : Re: S-FM Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    Maybe you are evil, maybe you are dumb who thinks he is smartest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Lael View Post

MartinGG99: I really don’t know what to make of this guy. I still don’t like the question and think it’s dangerous for town. I was trying to figure out if he was just a clueless townie earlier, but he’s shown now that he’s definitely not clueless. So he’s either smart town or a smart wolf.

If he’s smart town, it’s all as he says. He disagrees with me that the question could help expose our power roles, and was looking for reactions (and got a few). Ok, fine, fair enough.

If he’s smart wolf the plan was to potentially expose some power roles, while having an “escape hatch” in claiming what he has. Possibly also gain some town cred for later by saying “Hey look, why would I draw attention To myself like that if I was scum?”

He’s definitely got the balls to stare down a couple of votes, and has made the judgement that this play will not get him lynched (correctly or otherwise). So either world is entirely possible. I guess the only alignment indicative part is the question of how likely it is that a smart, thoughtful player doesn’t see the risk to town?

I think... possible but relatively unlikely? He himself even mentioned a possible risk (a power role might avoid answering out of fear), so he’s clearly capable of seeing the risks. Perhaps they didn’t occur to him at first, but he seems like he would have thought this through at least a bit.
    I do have something to say to all of this, and i hope it'll everyone have a clearer understanding of me.

The truth is I just like appearing smart. It's difficult to admit but sometimes I have an ego problem it holds me back. For example, sometimes I'd rather be thought of smart and evil, than having made a mistake and Town. I'm working on that, but I hope you don't expect everyone to play perfectly all the time. That standard doesn't exist in the real world. People can be wrong and Town at the same time.

Here's an example:

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    As a side note, if you're left thinking that I implied that I was evil in response to Ash's question, then allow me to put it in another way: While I am currently posting a lot, that is because I like being social in this game, not because I am Town. Even if I were not Town, I would still like to post a lot because I like being social in this game. I honestly enjoy discussing arguments and the points for them as a matter of life, not because of this game.
    Uuuugh. I didn’t really like the answer - seemed too thought out or something? I dunno, was having a hard time putting it into words. Like not horrible but not really what I would have expected from town and I wasn’t sure whether I was overthinking it or there was actually something fishy there.

But this unprompted “clarification”? I hate it. It reeks of wolfy self-consciousness.
    When Ash Lael said this, he was right. I was being self-conscious. But not because I was a wolf, but rather I didn't want to become a townie with another mistake made. So I much preferred to clarify it abruptly than to let people attack me for it, even if it made me suspicious.

5. ISO #205

6. ISO #206

You take on too much, talking too much and missleading ppl around too much. Maybe you are evil, maybe you are dumb who thinks he is smartest one. In any case I informing you now ignored for me from this moment. I will wait investigation check results on you. Of course, if you will not be lynched. Lynching you will be good for town even if you are town.
    Quit bitching and make a case if you feel so strongly.

He may be contributing more than half the players so far, but that generally is NAI.

7. ISO #207

8. ISO #208

@SuperJack

Someone suggested that previous game. How much roles are random? It is possible to have 7 citizens? Are roles balanced in any way? Can composition Framer+No Invest roles happen?
    Do you "reroll" stupid role combinations?
    The game will be balanced.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I love the abundant use of color, but some of these post are looking like a pride parade which actually may be more confusing...
    Well if you're confused by anything I say in that post, please feel free to ask me. I want to be clear about this.

12. ISO #212

So why would @Zedus have reaction just from Martin asking the question instead he could of politely decline
    MartinGG99 said a lot of "stats" to make town lynch someone. But all his arguments make no sense, although they look impressive to someone. There is only one weighty argument - the result of a d1 random lynch with a 77% chance will be the death of one of the townies. So there is NO REASON for townies be lynch-happy d1. That's why MartinGG99 is most likely evil. And he just want to kill one townie before n1 to make mafia win easier.

-vote MartinGG99
    @Helltanis

I think it was Bakermir who had that reaction. Zedus (as seen in-quote) was simply reacting to my suggestion that we lynch someone this day phase. He disagreed, believing we would gain nothing and only lynch a townie.

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

Not gonna pass my vote like its a sorority girl in a fraternity dorm anymore. But heres some observations I made.

Graklyn is on my scum alert because he dosent mind lynching
    yea... an old habit from the mod. We're in a game designed to help mod players ease into the game. Old habits die hard.

Explain please. You seem to have pretty good reason(s).
    Well, at least, lycnhing Martin will not be random.
    seems like hes insinuating a promise.... a promise the town wouldn't like if realized.
    But the follow up explanation seems pretty trainy, even if I could kinda agree on it.

He also said "Lynching you will be good for town even if you are town" here: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post870084
    Why is that @Zedus ?

I am not as evil as someone, to keep my vote on them for all the day.
    -unvote
    That's a complement to read these words from your keyboard, my rival.
    dallarian is always holding a grudge. What for? Is it something us FM noobs won't be able to understand? What can this mean?

and yes, I'm aware there's no trial. Thats why I constantly flip flop on votes I'm unsure of. I only vote to gauge response. That's why the response below seems problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    4. @MartinGG99

biggest scum read here. i believe he needs to be trialed today as soon as possible.
    Grakylan : Not many post, a messy entry, into randomly voting me then unvote. I feel like Grakylan is just powerless right now.
    Slight Citizen read for me.
    thanks for backing me up, considering I'm really lost and confused. I can understand why people will consider me scum considering I always seem to be asleep or busy when the game really gets going. I know its cliche to say "it just a coincidence" but....

I never suggested that we random lynch. Only that we lynch. There's a very distinct difference in lynching and random lynching. The only thing making this a non-random lynch, as you've proposed it, is the fact that you disagreed with lynching because you felt it was more likely to get a town, and that you believe im scummy.
    to be honest tho, any lynch that early in the day gotta be random. But now that the day has progressed a bit, any lynch will be less so.

anyhow that fucked up entrance of mine should signify that I really am a noob. And when I'm accusing Martin, I get that it looks really scummy, but really I'm just throwing around keywords from some noobie guide like monkey see monkey do cuz thats what I see.

sometimes I'd rather be thought of smart and evil, than having made a mistake and Town.
    you want to look that way even if you're TPR? Kinda concerning. Everyone makes mistakes, it's natural. And its kinda expected for a new player game.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

18. ISO #218

If he will not be lynched, he is the primary target for invest roles to check.
    I will wait investigation check results on you. Of course, if you will not be lynched. Lynching you will be good for town even if you are town.
    I dislike the OwO! fact, how as a highly suspicious person you are telling our Town Investigative roles what to do. As if you were trying to control few night actions we have.

If you were Mafia who is aware of Martin's aligment, if Martin is checked tonight (specially after Auwt suggested Martin may be Citizen) you can be sure that Invest roles will waste their night action on him, weakening the town tommorow.

What are your exact reasons to maintain your vote on Martin right now?

19. ISO #219

So my reads so far:

Auwt - i appreciate you backing me up, but you are being a bit contarian to what everyones saying in some regards, especially after me. So town lean.

Dallarian - still holding on to a grudge and targeting a player even after he withdraw his vote on him. Slight scum lean?

Martin - All his high quality posts, math, his self-described ego problem, and AtE suggest either a TPR or scum trying to make himself look all so important.

bakermir - I'm starting to think hes definitely scum.

Zedus - him too, hes scum. Also throwing in the math and dodging questions.

Null on everyone else.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

20. ISO #220

Quote Originally Posted by Grakylan View Post
    So my reads so far:

Auwt - i appreciate you backing me up, but you are being a bit contarian to what everyones saying in some regards, especially after me. So town lean.

Dallarian - still holding on to a grudge and targeting a player even after he withdraw his vote on him. Slight scum lean?

Martin - All his high quality posts, math, his self-described ego problem, and AtE suggest either a TPR or scum trying to make himself look all so important.

bakermir - I'm starting to think hes definitely scum.

Null on everyone else.
    Graks reads:

Auwt: pocketing me so must be town

Dallarian: must be scum because reasons.

Bakermire: scum

Zebus: scum

-----------------

So who do you think the scum team is?

21. ISO #221

22. ISO #222

Re : Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

Wtf do you think you’re doing? You are painting targets on our power roles and telling the scum where to kill. I had a problem with Martin’s question but your behaviour here is so much worse. You are actively playing to the scum’s win condition.

It is in town’s best interest for our power roles to stay hidden. Or, if we don’t want that for whatever reason (say we want to coordinate investigations or even just clear three players), they can just roleclaim. This kind of speculation is just doing the wolves’ work for them.
    If you want, we can also be quiet and just randoming people because they ask
    "If you were a TPR and could choose any role possible within the setup that is a TPR, what would it be?".

That would be a nice game, as you wish.

23. ISO #223

"If you were a TPR and could choose any role possible within the setup that is a TPR, what would it be?".

I understand your concerns Ash, but if no steps are being taken, we will be led to an obvious mislynch and misunderstandment.
    Sharing thought and explaining why 'insert a name' is playing like a 'insert a role' is a key so that everyone understand why 'insert a name' did play like this.

24. ISO #224

Graks reads:

Auwt: pocketing me so must be town
    I did say only a lean since hes going against what everyone else is saying, even if hes only trying to empathize more than others are.

Everyones is starting to agree on "fuck zebus all my homies hate zebus" tho

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

So my reads so far:
    Null on everyone else.
    I wasn't voted by anyone yet in this game. I am unsure what player you are talking about. Can you explain?

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

The truth is I just like appearing smart. It's difficult to admit but sometimes I have an ego problem it holds me back. For example, sometimes I'd rather be thought of smart and evil, than having made a mistake and Town. I'm working on that, but I hope you don't expect everyone to play perfectly all the time. That standard doesn't exist in the real world. People can be wrong and Town at the same time.
    There is no use of Town Martin if he's dead for being evil.
    It's your goal to help our faction and for that you should survive to contribute.

Well, I made a mistake already as well.

29. ISO #229

Tell me your thought Rene, i'm listening.
    Hellantis gives off scum vibes in the lay low attempt he has been pursuing. That is what I would expect scum to do d1 in this game.

I need to iso bakemire before drawing further conclusions.

I hate Zebus's boisterous and angsty reaction to Marino. It just doesn't make sense to me. I am concerned that if he is town he is going to obsess over Marino the whole game at the town's expense.

Auwt - I do sympathize with Ash in your pointing out of role guesses not being useful at this time.

Grakylan - his re-emergence hasn't compensated for anything in my opinion. It is clear that he has not voted now, but I am still not sure if he intended the vote on Marino or not.

Ash - probably doing the most work for town at this moment, alongside Dallarion.

Marino - dear marino, such a focal point of day 1. I think his contributions are largely sincere, call me naive. Likely town.

30. ISO #230

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

Re: Re : Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

You’re completely misrepresenting me and you know it. I am not saying keep quiet and lynch randomly. I’m saying speak up, scum hunt, but keep our power roles hidden. It’s not a hard distinction to understand.

I understand your concerns Ash, but if no steps are being taken, we will be led to an obvious mislynch and misunderstandment.
    Sharing thought and explaining why 'insert a name' is playing like a 'insert a role' is a key so that everyone understand why 'insert a name' did play like this.
    If that’s really what you believed then you should tell us your own role so we can understand your play (note: for the love of God, please do not actually do this).

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

Hellantis gives off scum vibes in the lay low attempt he has been pursuing. That is what I would expect scum to do d1 in this game.

I need to iso bakemire before drawing further conclusions.

I hate Zebus's boisterous and angsty reaction to Marino. It just doesn't make sense to me. I am concerned that if he is town he is going to obsess over Marino the whole game at the town's expense.

Auwt - I do sympathize with Ash in your pointing out of role guesses not being useful at this time.

Grakylan - his re-emergence hasn't compensated for anything in my opinion. It is clear that he has not voted now, but I am still not sure if he intended the vote on Marino or not.

Ash - probably doing the most work for town at this moment, alongside Dallarion.

Marino - dear marino, such a focal point of day 1. I think his contributions are largely sincere, call me naive. Likely town.
    You seem smart and incisive, so why are your posts always so hedge-y?

37. ISO #237

Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

I agree. Zebus's reaction is totally out of proportion to what he is losing it over.
    How does this help town @Zedus ? Hint: It doesn't.
    Considering everyone has been here since Zedus has arrived and posted, I thought about my reads a fair bit for everyone.
    Scum Lean
    Zedus: Provided, he hasn't posted much. But with his posts all he has done is socialize a tiny bit with no content, and just vote me with only 2 posts explaining why. Also, as I see it, he was implying that a no-lynch was better than any lynch at all. But I could be wrong given that he voted me.
    Zedus : Second post directly attacking Martin (first post was : "Well I'm here"). And I dont believe math/stats are really favoring Martin as a scum more than a desesperate townie with the most vote on him. Medium/Heavy scumread as well.
    Is anyone going to join me on vote against Zedus? I find it weird that everyone got on Martin so quickly, and while Zedus is so suspicious and scumread by a lot of people I am the only person voting on him.

38. ISO #238

You take on too much, talking too much and missleading ppl around too much. Maybe you are evil, maybe you are dumb who thinks he is smartest one. In any case I informing you now ignored for me from this moment. I will wait investigation check results on you. Of course, if you will not be lynched. Lynching you will be good for town even if you are town.
    This is the source, this is extremely hyperbolic. In no way is anything of what martino saying deserving of this. Lynching a town does NOT help town.

39. ISO #239

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

You’re completely misrepresenting me and you know it. I am not saying keep quiet and lynch randomly. I’m saying speak up, scum hunt, but keep our power roles hidden. It’s not a hard distinction to understand.

If that’s really what you believed then you should tell us your own role so we can understand your play (note: for the love of God, please do not actually do this).
    We are not on the same wave length then.
    Scum wont fall on our hand by a finger snap.
    Push have to be made, role have to be decisive, thoughts have to be confront.
    For instance, I couldnt have said Grakylan is just looking weird with the early random vote messy entrance he did.
    That wouldnt have changed anything. So I would have legit put Grakylan in null read like you all doing with 50% of the people?
    I'm going further.

We have to get to know WHY DID HE DO THIS, and so the role comes up in front of us, only explanation for now.
    Our goal is not to shout some random facts that happend during day and then cross our fingers and pray when we vote.

We've got to analyze those facts and try to search for the main reason.
    The key word in this is WHY

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

Re: Re : S-FM Summer 2020

Is anyone going to join me on vote against Zedus? I find it weird that everyone got on Martin so quickly, and while Zedus is so suspicious and scumread by a lot of people I am the only person voting on him.
    Zedus is in contention for my vote, rest assured, but I am keeping in on Hellatlantis for now.

42. ISO #242

I will eventually be flip floping between Zedus and bakermir if I vote right now.
    I'm really willing to see more (and newer) post from them so I can make sure I get the scummier.

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

Alright I think I got a first attempt at a solve, or a good enough one for now, with my reads.

These people who I am certain 100% , for now, that are town:

Grakylan: It may not look like it, but I think he's absolutely town based on his given read. Look at just how many people he suspects or just leans. It matches the paranoia that can come with being a townie. Or even being AFK for that long due to IRL stuff that he had to deal with. I highly doubt he's scum.

Auwt: He has repeatedly stated many facts that are good to know, just ISO him and he often mentions facts that are relevant. Also he believes I'm town.

Here are my town-lean reads:

Ash Lael: I've said it before, but I think his persistent questioning of me was rather towny. He was pressuring to see how sure I was about my question, and much more. Although...his #100 post supports both Bakermir and Zedus. I might move him down on this list.

Dallarian: He stated and supported the notion of keeping the votes low on me to avoid hammers. He also voted Auwt and got some information from the vote based on someone's reaction. I fully expect Dallarian to object to one of my reads here because of that or jokingly because of Auwt. Second highest poster.

Renegade: He's been rather active, and is the third highest poster. Back when he was present at start, he questioned but did not vote me, and I believe this mimicks towny behavior as with his experience he probably was very aware of hammering. I also haven't found many problems with his posts, and he questioned my opening question/behaviors.

Here who are my Null reads:

Helltanis: He has popped in, and seems to make some effort in trying to participate, while also asking questions. He responded to my pings/mentions rather quickly when I did earlier.

Here are my Scum-Lean Reads (they might as well be scum reads at this point, if all else is correct):

Bakermir: Initially I felt he may have been town since he gave early reads, and questioned me too, but his questioning just felt very vague or open-ended. He hasn't really reacted to the others much. Also, half of his reads are nulls, and only 2 leans, while marking me as full-on scum.

Zedus: This guy has been tunneled on me over some math, and that's preety much all he has ever done. He doesn't seemed concerned in the slightest by others. Also, he seems to believe most lynches on day 1 must be random lynches, and therefore that implies he wants no lynches at all on day 1.

45. ISO #245

46. ISO #246

Good night.
    I have no idea what I will be doing today (26 June) all the day. I may be active just as yesterday, or will be unable to contribute in significant way. I hope you will find something to agree on.

I will leave you with one question.
    Is it worth using invest roles on Zedus and Martin?

47. ISO #247

48. ISO #248

I will leave you with one question.
    Well, assuming we have invest roles, it might. But honestly, I expect myself or Awut to be night killed and then press on one of our scum reads sometime on the next day phase.

49. ISO #249

Updated reads list. You know you’ve all been waiting for it.

@Auwt - I don’t like this guy and I don’t like his attitude, but I think he’s probably just town. He’s not afraid to go against the flow.

@Renegade - Seems perceptive and intelligent but has been avoiding taking firm clear stances. Could easily be scum trying to stay under the radar. Scum lean.

Dallarian - Still feels towny to me.

MartinGG99 - I’m reassessing a bit here. Still quite a bit that rubs me the wrong way about him, but there’s also some things that feel a lot more town-ish. Does a wolf really argue so energetically against a no-lynch d1 while he’s on the block? Plus there’s a lot of other suspicious players, some of which are clearly out to get him, and they can’t all be dirty. I update to maybe 50/50 here.

@Helltanis - The flying-under-the-radar thing I said about Renegade applies here too, but even more so. On the other hand I feel like Helltanis is less experienced and has just been less active in general so it might not be as likely to be deliberate. But still. Scum lean.

@Zedus - super aggressive push on Martin, which I don’t mind, but the reasoning was thin. As others have noted, simply advocating that town lynch (literally the only tool we have to actually win the game) should not inspire this degree of vitriol. Scum trying to ride the early momentum to take down a townie? Could be. 50/50

@Grakylan - Still not happy with this slot. Erratic reasoning and behaviour, doesn’t feel like it’s coming from a consistent town mindset. Probably my strongest scum read at this point.

@bakermir - I’ve seen no reason to change my town read of this guy yet.

50. ISO #250

@Zedus (EU player?)
    Don't you see my profile? Or you don't know where is Moscow?
    Also you should know that Moscow never sleeps. I have no "activity window".

Quit bitching and make a case if you feel so strongly.
    It's not "bitching". Ignore someone, who forced himself to lead the town, but not competent enough for that is basic game thing in IRL mafia. Just filter off players like this will save you time and effort.

How does this help town @Zedus ? Hint: It doesn't.
    It does. Then some stupid person with a bloated ego (or just a player with evil role) trying to lead the town, it's better to stop that. If you give him such an opportunity, the consequences for the town will be disastrous.

He also said "Lynching you will be good for town even if you are town" Why is that @Zedus ?
    Already explained. This player trying to draw all attention to himself, trying to lead (more precisely - misslead) the town, made more posts then everyone. That will be bad for town if such person will lead it. I ignoring all his posts at the moment, because that posts do not contain anything useful and important for the victory of the town. If he will be lynched, town will lost main missleader. Well, bad if he is some important role, but at least noone will follow this missleads. Also it's still high chance that he is evil player, trying to misslead others intentionally. Like 50/50 for me.

fact, how as a highly suspicious person
    It's not fact. It's your opinion. You protecting your ally Martin in almost every post, so it's YOU are highly suspicious person. Aren't you?

...are telling our Town Investigative roles what to do.
    Better me then someone like Martin. Also, what if I am town investigative?

As if you were trying to control few night actions we have.
    As about night actions YOU have, I never called targets for mafia

[Dallarian;870107]What are your exact reasons to maintain your vote on Martin right now?[/QUOTE]
    Are you trolling or what? I explained my reasons. Nothing changed after that. It's need 5 votes to lynch someone. My vote will be on this missleader until he will be confirmed some way.

I told all about "math". 77% of lynching town is any math you should remember. His "math" gives nothing for town. Other means nothing. What "question" am I "dodging"? Ask again, maybe I missed something, but I see no some "dodged questions" from my side.

Also, if Zedus comes by, is possible to explain this
    Clue? Reason? Tell us.
    I did. This player trying to lead the town. But he is very bad in it. So losing missleader town (or evil, most likely for me after one another player starts do defend him so hard, and also if i were evil, I'll try to lead the town with lots of huge posts too, like he doing) will protect town from higher damage from missleading. Better lose some bad town player (or just evil), then some good one. Also, imagine if he flips mafia, and you will instantly know who is another one, protecting him even from invest checking.

Yes, it is. Use it. I will be happy to be confirmed d2.