US Elections
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: US Elections

1. ISO #1

US Elections

Now i obviously cant vote as im in Russia but im curious on peoples views on the candidates, i have my own ideas on who i would vote if i was able but i would like to know your view and why, and if your from the US who do you think your gonna vote for?

Please keep it civil and shit.
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: US Elections

From looking at this from Russia I have to side with trump.
    Clinton is a known list, manipulator and she has covered up rapes by Bill and the murder of ambassadors in benghazi.

Plus Clinton stated if 'Russia' hacks the id again (they never did) there will be millitary repercussions.

Trump is trying to build relations with Russia and try to fight the war in Syria to assist Assad instead of trying to did of him because he has a oil supply.

As for policy I know little but enough on General policy. Trump has a controversial immigration policy but living in Russia tells me that it may be needed to stem the illegal immigration aswell as keep the safety of the country.

He is also a proven success at business with 4 bankruptcy out off 500+ businesses and a genius at keeping his money.
    currently he is up against claims he robbed the American by not paying a billion in tax even though it's his money, he made and it was all completely legal while Hillary lost 6 billion OF taxpayer money in the state department.

I could go on but you get my point, but that just my opinion.
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    From looking at this from Russia I have to side with trump.
    Clinton is a known list, manipulator and she has covered up rapes by Bill and the murder of ambassadors in benghazi.
    It's not because Trump says it that it is true.

Plus Clinton stated if 'Russia' hacks the id again (they never did) there will be millitary repercussions.

Trump is trying to build relations with Russia and try to fight the war in Syria to assist Assad instead of trying to did of him because he has a oil supply.
    NATO is not supporting Assad because his government is committing warcrimes and is just as bad to the Syrian people as ISIS is. It has nothing to do with oil. This isn't Iraq.

As for policy I know little but enough on General policy. Trump has a controversial immigration policy but living in Russia tells me that it may be needed to stem the illegal immigration aswell as keep the safety of the country.
    Don't you think his policies are a little extreme though? Building a wall

Immigration is not what causes the country to be unsafe. Immigrants are people, just like Americans. Claiming that all immigrants are a threat because some have committed crimes is a faulty generalization Trump is making. In fact, most immigrants migrate in hopes of getting better living conditions. They generally contribute a lot to the economy.
    Also, building a wall to help control illegal immigration is a bit extreme when there are certainly some other solutions like enforcing the national guard.

Abolishing the Second Amendment would do a much better job at keeping the country safe. That right was adopted in the Bill of Rights in 1791 when Americans faced threats such as nature and guerillas. The context is very different today, in 2016. We have men and women whose job is to keep the population safe. The concept of self-defense is much less applicable nowadays. It is archaic and outdated.

60% of homicides were involve firearms in the U.S. compared to 10% in the UK, a country with strict gun laws. There are many other numbers that can speak for themselves and prove that bearing guns should not be a right.

Protect the population from itself. Abolish the Second Amendment. That's going to do the U.S. wonders.

He is also a proven success at business with 4 bankruptcy out off 500+ businesses and a genius at keeping his money.
    currently he is up against claims he robbed the American by not paying a billion in tax even though it's his money, he made and it was all completely legal while Hillary lost 6 billion OF taxpayer money in the state department.
    Managing a country is not the same as managing a company even though they make for a good comparison.

That should not be an argument to vote for him. He tries to make himself look like someone who will help the working class by creating "tremendous" new jobs, yet he plans on lowering the taxes for the richest... It is not realistic.

I could go on but you get my point, but that just my opinion.
    Trump is selling a dream to the uneducated American people.

This is a great read, and, despite being written in 2008, I feel like it is very relevant today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    This is a great read, and, despite being written in 2008, I feel like it is very relevant today.
    Frog, I think you will like this.

Suntax, have you watched any of the debates so far (Presidential or VP)? If so, what were your thoughts?

I personally have not watched yesterday's VP debate. I found it hilarious that the GOP released a summary of what happened and who won before the debate had even started...
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

7. ISO #7

Never-let's go through your counter

1-Trump was not the first nor the last person to bring up any of what I stated, she decided to not help the ambassadors in benghazi, she deleted thousands of emails, she stole money through her foundation and shot down many winem who have tried to reveal Bill raped them

2-Assad was allowing Saudi Arabia to build a oil pipeline through the country and Assad did not want it going to the us, reason enough for a war. Number 2 democracy does not work in the middle east, look at Libya, look at Iran.

3-I agree immigration is good when controlled but trump has stated that a disproportionate amount of illegal Mexican immigrants entering the country are committing felonys including rape and murder.

The 2nd amendment cannot be abolised that easily you know, it requires half the congress 33 states and the president to agree and even if that happened there would be mass riots, protests, guns will be kept and in the worse case a civil war. Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. Plus a lot of gun related crimes are done with a illegally owned or illegally bought firearm. Abolishing the 2nd amendment infringes on the us citizens rights and would cause more harm then good.

4-Trump will do what every republican does, lower tax.

Hillary is much worse then trump will ever be

As for the debates I saw the pres debate.
    it was a sling of insults with harder less relevant questions to trump and Lester failing TO mention any scandals to Hillary.

The VP debate saw pence win hands down,

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Well it worked out for them anyway, pence won, I know friends who think Hillary would be better still think pence won.

Mike the pence man pence

10. ISO #10

1-Trump was not the first nor the last person to bring up any of what I stated, she decided to not help the ambassadors in benghazi, she deleted thousands of emails, she stole money through her foundation and shot down many winem who have tried to reveal Bill raped them
    Trump also has his bad sides. He, too, is a manipulator. He allegedly did not pay some people who worked for him many times. He is also a racist man. There are many examples to show this. His speeches reek of a man who wants to please. His narrative changes depending on who the audience is. Contradictory speeches like his don't make for a good president.

Look at both sides of the argument.

2-Assad was allowing Saudi Arabia to build a oil pipeline through the country and Assad did not want it going to the us, reason enough for a war. Number 2 democracy does not work in the middle east, look at Libya, look at Iran.
    On what grounds does democracy not work in Iran? Also, because it does not work in some place does not mean it will not work in another place. It is a fallacy. The argument could be inversed easily ie democracy works in Argentina, therefore it will work in Venezuela. The train of thought does not work. Every area is different.

Perhaps, but that does not excuse Assad from bombing his own population and committing warcrimes.

3-I agree immigration is good when controlled but trump has stated that a disproportionate amount of illegal Mexican immigrants entering the country are committing felonys including rape and murder.
    And is closing the U.S. borders the solution? I think not.

The 2nd amendment cannot be abolised that easily you know, it requires half the congress 33 states and the president to agree and even if that happened there would be mass riots, protests, guns will be kept and in the worse case a civil war. Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. Plus a lot of gun related crimes are done with a illegally owned or illegally bought firearm. Abolishing the 2nd amendment infringes on the us citizens rights and would cause more harm then good.
    Yes, I know. It probably never will. It was more of a Canadian mini-rant on the matter.

"Plus the argument that it was made back then di it shouldn't be used now is stupid, it's like saying you can't use the internet for free speech because there was no internet back then. "
    No? I said that the context is different today, and the need to bear guns is not here (as much) anymore. How was the comparison with the internet relevant?

I get that. But to claim that he will both help the working class and the wealthiest Americans by creating plenty of new jobs whilst lowering the taxes is not realistic. It goes along my point of Trump selling a dream.

Support this.

it was a sling of insults with harder less relevant questions to trump and Lester failing TO mention any scandals to Hillary.
    My expectations for Trump in that debate were really low. He still did not meet them (except the one for wearing a decent suit). All I saw from him was a man who was telling and not showing (He had like no statistics to back up his bolded policy claims. The only number I remember from him is a 400lbs man on a bed hacking.), a man who has a very limited vocabulary despite claiming he "knows words, [he has] the best words" ("the wealthy are going create tremendous jobs. They're going to expand their companies. They're going to do a tremendous job."), and a man who tried instigating fear to gather votes.

Holt was a good moderator. He did not mention any of Clinton's scandals because she actually has addressed them all in previous press conferences. Trump, however, had never addressed the scandals that were mentioned in the debate before. It was expected from Holt to touch upon those subjects. The fact that Trump was unable to make a half-intelligible comment on any of the touchy things brought up by Holt shows he is not a good candidate. He had months to prepare an answer to the predictable questions and still did not come up with a good response.
    Cannot comment.

11. ISO #11

It's like we're voting for a bread baker.
    But instead of discussing recipes, ingredients, prices, commercial stategy, expansion, fall back plans, etc.
    We're instead discussing:
    What the bakers did years ago that isn't related to bread making
    How the bakers look like
    How the bakers make you feel by looking at them

Lol

I'd rather discuss baking policy

Like after the first debate Fox News reporters said Hilary looked fatigued and worse for wear
    Literally every other news station said trump looked like a bloated clementine monster wearing a wig (or some variant thereof)

Whether they're blatant lies or true - they're not appropriate for political discussion.

It's all a circus anyway. #disenchantedcitizen

12. ISO #12

His speeches reek of a man who wants to please.
    LOL, I don't think you understand how politics work, NU -- you win by copious ass kissing of your constituency and making lots of insane promises that you know aren't going to be fulfilled. In Mafia terms, this would be considered NAI and not a point that could be held against anyone. On the whole, the masses are too dumb to hear the truth, which is that both sides propose tons of ideological and impractical nonsense.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    LOL, I don't think you understand how politics work, NU -- you win by copious ass kissing of your constituency and making lots of insane promises that you know aren't going to be fulfilled. In Mafia terms, this would be considered NAI and not a point that could be held against anyone. On the whole, the masses are too dumb to hear the truth, which is that both sides propose tons of ideological and impractical nonsense.
    I do understand politics, and I get your point. My point was more that he has contradictory speeches like the 1 minute video I linked showcases.

Clinton at least shows consistency in her stances.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    It's like we're voting for a bread baker.
    But instead of discussing recipes, ingredients, prices, commercial stategy, expansion, fall back plans, etc.
    We're instead discussing:
    What the bakers did years ago that isn't related to bread making
    How the bakers look like
    How the bakers make you feel by looking at them

Lol

I'd rather discuss baking policy

Like after the first debate Fox News reporters said Hilary looked fatigued and worse for wear
    Literally every other news station said trump looked like a bloated clementine monster wearing a wig (or some variant thereof)

Whether they're blatant lies or true - they're not appropriate for political discussion.

It's all a circus anyway. #disenchantedcitizen
    This is essentially Neil Postman's thesis in Amusing Ourselves to Death. With the advent of image-based media (Television and Internet), we associate knowledge with how we feel. This type of medium does not lead to rational thinking as images prompt emotions. What a politician says is not as important as how he says it and as what he looks like.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

I do understand politics, and I get your point. My point was more that he has contradictory speeches like the 1 minute video I linked showcases.

Clinton at least shows consistency in her stances.
    All politicians shamelessly flip-flop -- Hillary isn't innocent of it either: https://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...p-deal/2295987

I get that most people are liberal here and Trump is a nutjob, but that doesn't make Hillary any less opportunistic and scandal-ridden herself. There's a reason the major narrative for this election is "the two most disliked candidates ever" -- they're not wrong.

As I posted to Staff Chat:

Last edited by DarknessB; October 5th, 2016 at 06:23 PM.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Trump is actually more retarded than Reagan.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I hate Trump with a passion but after that shit the DNC pulled in tilting the primary in Hillary's favor I can't vote for her as a "lesser of two evils" vote.

My stupid state will vote Trump anyway, so protest vote FTW
    What happens if there weren't any super delegate votes?

Clinton still wins by a large margin.

Don't be salty. Vote for the best candidate in your opinion.

23. ISO #23

Pretty sure Banana is referring to the DNC shenanigans and conspiring against Sanders as opposed to the structural superdelegate issues, which are another giant issue altogether. Also, if you remove superdelegates, it would have been Hillary 2,205 (54.4%) vs. Bernie 1,846 (45.6%). That's hardly a large margin for a primary considering Hillary's prominence in Democratic circles for 30 odd years and the DNC's strong thumb on the scale for her during the entire process (see leaked e-mails and such). Also, outside of the south where Bernie got smoked by Hillary, he tended to perform better than her in states where Democrats actually win in the general election.

Lastly, I find it ironic that the so-called populist party is the one where a giant chunk of delegates are given to party elites / insiders as opposed to the party going along with the will of the voters. The superdelegate system is crap and only supports the interests of the party establishment over what the voters themselves want.
    Last edited by DarknessB; October 5th, 2016 at 07:28 PM.

24. ISO #24

Canada FTW.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

25. ISO #25

My state's deep blue, but I'm still voting Hillary for the Supreme Court nomination. That issue is the most important to me.

Actually, can someone explain to me why Obama isn't able to appoint someone?
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Pretty sure Banana is referring to the DNC shenanigans and conspiring against Sanders as opposed to the structural superdelegate issues, which are another giant issue altogether. Also, if you remove superdelegates, it would have been Hillary 2,205 (54.4%) vs. Bernie 1,846 (45.6%). That's hardly a large margin for a primary considering Hillary's prominence in Democratic circles for 30 odd years and the DNC's strong thumb on the scale for her during the entire process (see leaked e-mails and such). Also, outside of the south where Bernie got smoked by Hillary, he tended to perform better than her in states where Democrats actually win in the general election.

Lastly, I find it ironic that the so-called populist party is the one where a giant chunk of delegates are given to party elites / insiders as opposed to the party going along with the will of the voters. The superdelegate system is crap and only supports the interests of the party establishment over what the voters themselves want.
    The point of super delegates is precisely to keep a Trump-like candidate from winning and destroying the party from the inside.

Whenever it comes to decently acceptable candidates, the super delegates will always side with the one with a majority of popular support. It happened when they switched from Clinton to Obama in '08, and you can bet they'd be shamed into voting for the popular candidate if Sanders had actually won more votes than Clinton.

It's a safeguard to prevent the party from hitting the self destruct button, not the usurpation of democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

29. ISO #29

Suntax, your positions, all of them, are factually incorrect.

You can't base your position on lies, nor can you win others to your side by promoting lies.

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    My state's deep blue, but I'm still voting Hillary for the Supreme Court nomination. That issue is the most important to me.

Actually, can someone explain to me why Obama isn't able to appoint someone?
    Advice and consent of the senate. It's not consent if I'm required to say yes after you've asked enough times.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    The point of super delegates is precisely to keep a Trump-like candidate from winning and destroying the party from the inside.

Whenever it comes to decently acceptable candidates, the super delegates will always side with the one with a majority of popular support. It happened when they switched from Clinton to Obama in '08, and you can bet they'd be shamed into voting for the popular candidate if Sanders had actually won more votes than Clinton.

It's a safeguard to prevent the party from hitting the self destruct button, not the usurpation of democracy.
    Part of the reason Hillary won is because the superdelegates backed her up en masse so the media was able to goose the delegate totals suggesting that her nomination was inevitable to the extent that support for her opponents was suppressed -- i.e. no one wants to put a lot of energy into supporting a loser. Having 20% of the delegate be determined by ~700 party insiders is a giant and undemocratic thumb on the scale.

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Actually Kaine won, on factchecking.

Both lost on interrupting.

Pence lost huge on the Constitution.
    Is that not incredibly biased?
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

I'm not sure you realize how much of an endorsement you're giving to Donald Trump here.
    I think there's a big difference between stupid and brash. I'm sure Trump could have come up with some BS on that "most respected foreign leader" question -- I just don't know how you blank on that being a presidential candidate...

38. ISO #38

Part of the reason Hillary won is because the superdelegates backed her up en masse so the media was able to goose the delegate totals suggesting that her nomination was inevitable to the extent that support for her opponents was suppressed -- i.e. no one wants to put a lot of energy into supporting a loser. Having 20% of the delegate be determined by ~700 party insiders is a giant and undemocratic thumb on the scale.
    "Nobody wants to put energy into supporting a loser" is basically the opposite of how elections work. Sanders started doing BETTER after it was clear he was going to lose because liberal voters who otherwise preferred Clinton felt they could "safely" vote for Sanders, while the rest of her base became less enthusiastic about turning out. People show up to support their underdog candidates. They're apathetic if they think their preferred dog is just going to win anyways.

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Is that not incredibly biased?
    No, it's true.

I watched the debates, unlike almost everyone else on the planet.

The two VP candidates frequently interrupted each other to the point of incoherent rabble.

Pence claimed his religion gave him authority to make abortion illegal, however the Supreme Court already determined that outlawing abortion is unconstitutional. Further, trying to outlaw it on one's religious beliefs is a clear violation of the First Amendment.

Most of Pence's claims were already debunked, he was stupid to double down on proven lies.

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

I think there's a big difference between stupid and brash. I'm sure Trump could have come up with some BS on that "most respected foreign leader" question -- I just don't know how you blank on that being a presidential candidate...
    Libertarianism isn't popular on the world stage, so asking him to come up with a leader he truly admires isn't going to be much of a fair question because he's ideologically inclined to disagree with the lot of them.

If you truly think Johnson knows less about how the US Government works than Donald Trump, you've gained the remarkable ability to forget the things that Donald Trump has actually been saying.

42. ISO #42

"Nobody wants to put energy into supporting a loser" is basically the opposite of how elections work. Sanders started doing BETTER after it was clear he was going to lose because liberal voters who otherwise preferred Clinton felt they could "safely" vote for Sanders, while the rest of her base became less enthusiastic about turning out. People show up to support their underdog candidates. They're apathetic if they think their preferred dog is just going to win anyways.
    Sanders' problem was foreign policy - there are lots of democrats paranoid of the Mideast.
    He also had a problem with wanting to make college free. The math simply does not support that, although there are ways to significantly lower costs.
    He gave too many the impression that he was a liberal hippie and wouldn't stand a chance against whoever the republicans would run. (Trump wasn't definitely the nominee at that time.)

43. ISO #43

Libertarianism isn't popular on the world stage, so asking him to come up with a leader he truly admires isn't going to be much of a fair question because he's ideologically inclined to disagree with the lot of them.

If you truly think Johnson knows less about how the US Government works than Donald Trump, you've gained the remarkable ability to forget the things that Donald Trump has actually been saying.
    Honestly, he could have said that vs. stammering on as he did. It would have been a more principled answer if he went into some speech about how philosophically, he was more concerned about domestic affairs and the interests of the U.S. over foreign interests. Instead, he looked clueless and ambushed. At least Weld is able to roll with the punches.

44. ISO #44

Honestly, he could have said that vs. stammering on as he did. It would have been a more principled answer if he went into some speech about how philosophically, he was more concerned about domestic affairs and the interests of the U.S. over foreign interests. Instead, he looked clueless and ambushed. At least Weld is able to roll with the punches.
    Coming up with a clean off-the-cuff response while Chris Matthews is continuously shouting words at you on national television is not as easy as it sounds.

If the US media and US public as a whole actually cared about learning about Gary Johnson and his positions, then we'd have headlines about him other than his perceived gaffes. The fact that this is the only thing that actually catches a news cycle reveals that people simply don't give a shit about third parties, not that Johnson is an idiot.

45. ISO #45

Coming up with a clean off-the-cuff response while Chris Matthews is continuously shouting words at you on national television is not as easy as it sounds.

If the US media and US public as a whole actually cared about learning about Gary Johnson and his positions, then we'd have headlines about him other than his perceived gaffes. The fact that this is the only thing that actually catches a news cycle reveals that people simply don't give a shit about third parties, not that Johnson is an idiot.
    Nah, Americans love third parties:

46. ISO #46

What a dumb comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...hms-tmobile-us

Several top DNC members resigned after being caught with their pants down working against Sanders.

Bernie's message and platform was very popular and even if the DNC didn't do this would Clinton have still won based on name brand alone? Maybe. The fact though that the DNC helped push an undesirable candidate down our throats leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. This goes without saying that Hillary herself is practically a Republican. The fact that top Republican officials are declaring their votes for Hillary - including a former Republican President - tells you the story right there. She's an insider that represents the interests of the few and not the many. Nothing will change under her. The tax code will still continue to be broken, we'll still be overly involved in the middle east, the rich will get richer and the rest of us will struggle more and more, etc. More of the same of the last 30 years or so. Nothing in her record as both a senator and secretary of state suggests otherwise.

As long as Repiclicans don't control the majority in both houses after this election, it really doesn't matter who wins. Nothing is going to get better for us any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

47. ISO #47

The guy agrees with the science of climate change but that we shouldn't do anything about it cause the sun will eventually engulf the earth - billions of years from now. Yeah the guy is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    What a dumb comment.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.c...hms-tmobile-us

Several top DNC members resigned after being caught with their pants down working against Sanders.

Bernie's message and platform was very popular and even if the DNC didn't do this would Clinton have still won based on name brand alone? Maybe. The fact though that the DNC helped push an undesirable candidate down our throats leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. This goes without saying that Hillary herself is practically a Republican. The fact that top Republican officials are declaring their votes for Hillary - including a former Republican President - tells you the story right there. She's an insider that represents the interests of the few and not the many. Nothing will change under her. The tax code will still continue to be broken, we'll still be overly involved in the middle east, the rich will get richer and the rest of us will struggle more and more, etc. More of the same of the last 30 years or so. Nothing in her record as both a senator and secretary of state suggests otherwise.

As long as Repiclicans don't control the majority in both houses after this election, it really doesn't matter who wins. Nothing is going to get better for us any time soon.
    Dumb comment?

But Clinton still won by 2 sigmas without the super delegate votes.

It's factually correct.

The entire DNC shenanigans are rendered null.

Kind of like someone who takes a test, tries to replace it with a pre-written one but doesn't manage to make the swap, and aces the test anyway.

The conclusion is the same. That intermediate facts are true and it's morally questionable, but it doesn't change the conclusion.

50. ISO #50