1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: who needs goals

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    Is that gundham in the background on your profile pic
    looks like a gothic take on the elric brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    when you have games?
    There is actually a lot of research on how long term games like MMO's are especially attractive to people because they substitute the gratifying feeling of improvement that comes with life progression for progression in a game. I poked at it 8 years or so ago but it made a lot of sense to me at the time.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    There is actually a lot of research on how long term games like MMO's are especially attractive to people because they substitute the gratifying feeling of improvement that comes with life progression for progression in a game. I poked at it 8 years or so ago but it made a lot of sense to me at the time.
    it's a poor substitute though, don't you think?

11. ISO #11

Of course it is. It's not supposed to be a substitute; if it is, you have a problem. It should just be a source of pleasure, without replacing the rest of "life improvement". I doubt anyone would say the opposite lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Of course it is. It's not supposed to be a substitute; if it is, you have a problem. It should just be a source of pleasure, without replacing the rest of "life improvement". I doubt anyone would say the opposite lol
    i hope to share your attitude toward games.

13. ISO #13

Why? As long as you can provide for your own basic needs, what is wrong with getting fulfillment from video games? Isn’t endlessly pursuing self-improvement towards perfection not just an unachievable goal, but also something that is pointlessly making you feel shitty about yourself?

Like I enjoy working out, but if someone hated it, and was willing to accept both the health risks and social repercussions of being a fatass, then what is wrong with them living that way?

Like im no therapist but my perspective on this thread from ceko is that you want to live your life a certain way. For whatever reason you feel badly about it and tell yourself you shouldn’t… but let’s be real - are you actually going to change? If not, what’s the point of constantly scolding yourself for it?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

14. ISO #14

i think there is more to life than just playing games. tbh, i am unhappy playing games all day. it is unfulfilling. i don't want to strive for perfection, since that is part of why i started playing games in the first place, but that doesn't make self-improvement a bad thing.

yes, i absolutely want to live my life the way i want. however, i'm still trying to figure how to do that. i've spent like the last five years on this issue, and it's really annoying. i wish i wasn't so complicated and just stuck to some goal i set for myself.

15. ISO #15

yes, i absolutely want to live my life the way i want. however, i'm still trying to figure how to do that. i've spent like the last five years on this issue, and it's really annoying. i wish i wasn't so complicated and just stuck to some goal i set for myself.
    I hope you don't mind if I mention an overused corny cliche here, but what you're describing is kinda one of the things that meditation is good for. Though technically it's not meditation if you do it for any other reason than meditation itself.
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 20th, 2021 at 07:04 AM.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I mention an overused corny cliche here, but what you're describing is kinda one of the things that meditation is good for. Though technically it's not meditation if you do it for any other reason than meditation itself.
    i was just getting depressed again, and this was the comment i needed. thank you. i hope it makes me feel better.

18. ISO #18

It can be very unhealthy but that just depends on if its a problem for the individual or not. The same parallels exist in things like sports. Fans share that feeling of 'winning' when their team wins. That feeling of accomplishment when their team makes it to the championship, etc..

I would just ask yourself what you want out of life. If video games become a problem for you decide to go a week or two without your PC and game consoles and see if you find life more fulfilling without electronics. Although people make fun of it there are legit rehabs for 'video game addicts' where games have become a significant problem and consumed their lives to the point they have neglected other important aspects of their lives.

I find video games a welcome distraction and just wish I had more time for them. Yesterday I had to say no to subbing into 2 FM games although I honestly really want to play one right now. Life happens I guess.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

i think there is more to life than just playing games. tbh, i am unhappy playing games all day. it is unfulfilling. i don't want to strive for perfection, since that is part of why i started playing games in the first place, but that doesn't make self-improvement a bad thing.

Life doesn’t always throw you the answers no matter how much we’d like it. Sometimes you have to experiment with things to figure out what you like. Sometimes it’s just chance where you’ll run into something that inspires and motivates you. It’s unreasonable to force pressure onto yourself to find the right life path as soon as possible if you don’t even know what that is.

If you choose to spend your time playing video games then that’s okay. Even if you aren’t perfectly happy doing it and it’s just to pass time, there’s nothing wrong with that. Even if you feel like you spend too much time on them, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can work your way back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

21. ISO #21

I feel like you’re going to invalidate people’s personal experiences saying things like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    It can be very unhealthy but that just depends on if its a problem for the individual or not. The same parallels exist in things like sports. Fans share that feeling of 'winning' when their team wins. That feeling of accomplishment when their team makes it to the championship, etc..

I would just ask yourself what you want out of life. If video games become a problem for you decide to go a week or two without your PC and game consoles and see if you find life more fulfilling without electronics. Although people make fun of it there are legit rehabs for 'video game addicts' where games have become a significant problem and consumed their lives to the point they have neglected other important aspects of their lives.

I find video games a welcome distraction and just wish I had more time for them. Yesterday I had to say no to subbing into 2 FM games although I honestly really want to play one right now. Life happens I guess.
    if it's the MC game, you should sub in

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    if it's the MC game, you should sub in
    Wish I could. I’m helping a friend who is a master plumber working 12 hour days for the next 2 weeks.

The pay is trash but I am learning a lot and getting a license out of it so I will be ‘slightly’ less illegal in the plumbing work I do

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post

Why? As long as you can provide for your own basic needs, what is wrong with getting fulfillment from video games? Isn’t endlessly pursuing self-improvement towards perfection not just an unachievable goal, but also something that is pointlessly making you feel shitty about yourself?

Like I enjoy working out, but if someone hated it, and was willing to accept both the health risks and social repercussions of being a fatass, then what is wrong with them living that way?

Like im no therapist but my perspective on this thread from ceko is that you want to live your life a certain way. For whatever reason you feel badly about it and tell yourself you shouldn’t… but let’s be real - are you actually going to change? If not, what’s the point of constantly scolding yourself for it?
    If it's not actually fulfilling to you, then it's not good. If it is a substitute, it means you're using it as an escape. That being said, I don't see any issue with pro gamers who play video games as their job, for example. It just has to... not be the only thing in your world, like anything else.

Also, this is a very nihilistic way of viewing human existence. We don't know whether there is a goal in life, but a good start could be to find it (which comes down to what Helz said: strive towards making life what you want it to be), to be happy (and to help others be happy as well, since if people do that it's easier to be happy in general; that's past the point, though). Not even trying to improve yourself is like missing out on life. That being said, it doesn't have to make your life bad or sad at all. In fact, it shouldn't, since a great improvement is to choose to be happy despite... basically whatever happens. Of course, that's easier said than done, but it's still a nice goal that helps you live better, be it just by living happier.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

25. ISO #25

Failing to meet goals provides an excellent opportunity to learn, gain practice, get closer to meeting future goals. Failure is the key to success.

It's also a decent goal to have games on the side as a form of entertainment, release. However, I am shocked by Helz's comment about research on long-term games. I, myself, have a much higher preference for short 15-60 min games with no saving of progression. I am the "no commitment" guy - I have tried long-term games in the past (OGame comes to mind), and found this to be too addictive and steals too much time.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    sleep_eat_reproduce.png

Anyone know where this is from?

obey.png
    A balanced life schedule. Perfect.

Also, is the second picture from something like 1984?

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33