Register

User Tag List

Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #551

2. ISO #552

Re: S-FM 327 : Last Hope

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    Yes

Which is why I am bringing it up because @Frinckles (and a few others I think? I don't remember) have labeled Oberon as town and Wrath as scum. Which based on this analysis, doesn't seem very likely.

So either:
    • There is more to their scum read on Wrath - in which case their town read on Oberon should be called into question.
    • There isn't anymore to their scum read on Wrath - in which case their scum read on Wrath should be re-evaluated.
    hmmmmmm

easy to follow steps, i wonder if it's a mistake to follow a path someone lays out for you in FM. the last time i did that, i got completely screwed (thanks frinckles)

i'll entertain you and see where this goes. bc i'm "99%" sure you're town, as frinckles said about me earlier

3. ISO #553

4. ISO #554

5. ISO #555

6. ISO #556

Also since I just realized what @Oberon was talking about, wanted to address it now. You mentioned that I was going after you for something OOG, if you're referring to what I think you're referring to then:

While I disagree with some of your world views, I don't hold a grudge against you as a person. I think people can get along very well despite having different world views (and in some cases that just involves agreeing to not talk about those topics with each other - which is why I didn't respond to you at all later in that thread, despite having read your posts - it's just best to not open that can of worms).

I do apologize for the tone of that message though, since I wrote it assuming you weren't being entirely genuine with your posts (trolling), but since you were being genuine, then while I do still very much disagree with you - I apologize for being so harsh.

If you want to talk about it more we can take the conversation offline (although not sure what the rules are with FM? Surely people can still DM each other while playing in a FM game together as long as they don't talk about the game?).

7. ISO #557

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    hmmmmmm

easy to follow steps, i wonder if it's a mistake to follow a path someone lays out for you in FM. the last time i did that, i got completely screwed (thanks frinckles)

i'll entertain you and see where this goes. bc i'm "99%" sure you're town, as frinckles said about me earlier
    The steps are open to their interpretation - and (in my opinion at least) a pretty logical conclusion following from my analysis.

There is of course the third option of them just saying "your analysis is bad, go home"

But I would obviously disagree with them at that point lol

8. ISO #558

9. ISO #559

Quote Originally Posted by LagAttack View Post
    I think @CRichardForumLies is scum. They claimed to be having dinner, but can we trust them??? very suspicious
    Ah yes my prediction has come to pass .
    Regarding Wrath, I feel like they probably wouldn't be hard defending Oberon if they were Village/Scum here as that would incriminate Wrath as having TMI if Oberon were to flip V at EoD.
    The most likely world I think we're living in is that Wrath + Oberon are town.

So my PoE is something like this.

Marshmallow Marshal: 1 poster who seems to be occupied by real life.
    PQR: Don't remember them solving in any notable way.
    ZZOrange; Not s/s with Yuesford.
    Yuesford: Not s/s with ZZOrange.
    NumberTwo: Two poster who has gone AWOL.
    blinkskater: Don'r remember thinking this is obvious villager.

10. ISO #560

11. ISO #561

12. ISO #562

13. ISO #563

14. ISO #564

15. ISO #565

i swear at some point during this game we already found scum from one of the ppl that actually posted.

i've noticed a trend of games being solved day 1; in last game, frinckles found both scum on day 1. i played one where scum!wisp was lynched day 1, then on day 2 town won when oberon, who was the last scum, forfeited. i also played one with bruno where he basically called out three scum on day 1...

i re-read wrath's iso. sorry crichard, but i heavily disagree with ur townread on him. even though it can be argued that the interactions between wrath and oberon were town v town, pretty much every other post he makes just looks scummy lol

16. ISO #566

17. ISO #567

18. ISO #568

People be thread sitting all this time?

Scrolling through some ISO's:
    I see MM caught up only 1st page; that's to be expected, he warned us that he won't have no time.
    However, tonally he is in his scum meta. For comparison, matrix6 was his town meta. Also, being against the neutral revealing? wtf?

@CRichardForumLies
    If you don't mind me asking, how did this post came to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by CRichardForumLies View Post
    That's fair.
    I'm still not used to this website having no ISO feature.
    Because, before then - I posted twice how to get to the ISO feature, one of which you said thank you to:
    Thank you.
    I question how genuine you are, or if it's all just performative.

Ceko and LagAttack are just lock town though.

19. ISO #569

20. ISO #570

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    People be thread sitting all this time?

Scrolling through some ISO's:
    I see MM caught up only 1st page; that's to be expected, he warned us that he won't have no time.
    However, tonally he is in his scum meta. For comparison, matrix6 was his town meta. Also, being against the neutral revealing? wtf?

@CRichardForumLies
    If you don't mind me asking, how did this post came to be?

Because, before then - I posted twice how to get to the ISO feature, one of which you said thank you to:

I question how genuine you are, or if it's all just performative.

Ceko and LagAttack are just lock town though.
    I can dig Ceko and LagAttack being town.
    Oh speaking of MarshMallow Marshal, I can look at the Matrix6 game now as that's finished.
    No reason not to do it now.

21. ISO #571

One last message before I go offline for a while. If wrath flips scum then there's a very good chance that Oberon is scum too, potential 2 for 1 there, with double the upside I think special scrutiny should be paid on those two for that reason.

Although I also want to policy lynch lurkers PQR with special mentions in the department because I had them as my scummiest read along the lurkers

22. ISO #572

23. ISO #573

24. ISO #574

Oh I found there is an ISO feature once I was pointed to it by PQR.
    This is my first game here on this site, so it would make sense I had trouble accessing ISOs at first.
    Sure, np. But you missed the 2 times I pointed it out when you were caught up, one of which you said thank you to.

25. ISO #575

26. ISO #576

27. ISO #577

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    Oh boy, lots of posts first day. I am not prepared to lynch Oberon, he is a bit all over the place, but I dont have a strong read one way or the other on him. But, it doesnt make sense for a townie to act in a manner that may prompt the Shadow to think they're Templar - Magus gets RBed, villager dies, hero gets leveled down. Maybe Oberon is indeed a Templar, hmm..

I am a bit sus of NumberTwo's "taking the bullet" and voting ceko. So for now, I will place my vote here.
    -vote NumberTwo
    You're more familiar with the setup, and what the shadow's big guy does, than I am.
    I could totally see it being due to you being the shadow guy, ngl.

28. ISO #578

29. ISO #579

30. ISO #580

I don't get what you're saying here.
    If I said hello to everyone, wouldn't that include saying hello to you as well?
    I'll chalk it up to not being able to see body language behind computer screen.
    @CRichardForumLies
    You ignored LagAttack's multiple paragraphs of debunk of your argument about Oberon's train, only interest you had was the 1-liner of `30 scum points to you`.

I feel like debating your reasons could be valuable in the pursuit of truth, not just pointing them out and ignoring other's skepticism of it.

31. ISO #581

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    yea I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed
    tonally, this sounds like a newbie that unfortunately rolled scum

-vote lagattack
    I agree with lagattack, but I think he's jester so I'm voting him
    contradiction
    considering these are wrath's very first FM posts and that he's a player from the mod, i've to say that wrath is playing like many scum players on the mod. he creates confusion.

Sounds like something mafia would say to overcomplicate and confuse town
    doesn't even point out which post is "overcomplicating" the game for town, but i assume he was referring to varcron here

Town:
    WrathCyber
    TheOneCeko(scumread, likely town)
    Oberon(scumread, likely town)

Townish:
    Vacron(Good scumread on evil roles and calling out the fallacy of Templar on Oberon)

Ozy

Templar/Neutral
    LagAttack clearly manipulating us by overwhelming and misdirecting our attention to others such as Oberon who is by far, the least of our concerns

Scumish
    Lagattack, zzOrange(clearly active on discord and sc2 but not FM? Seems as though he's reading our posts in incognito and taking notes)

Scum
    The AFK Lurkers (Agree with Vacron)
    wrath is using big words here, but his read on lagattack doesn't make sense. he doesn't go into detail why lagattack is "clearly manipulating us." strangely, he puts lagattack in the "Scumish" category too with zzOrange. however, his reason for scumreading zz is kinda bs too. since this was the very beginning of the game, i won't ding him too much for the zz read. however, if wrath flips scum, i'm most likely going to read zz as town

clearly.
    the only info you need to take from this is that wrath was AGREEING with varc here

-unvote Lagattack
    -vote Varcron
    for context purposes, this is literally just two posts after. note how in the reads list i quoted, he had varc as a top town, then when he listed the "Scum" as AFK lurkers, said he was agreeing with varc here. people changing minds in RVS stage isn't typically scummy, but this is a very drastic change in his opinion of varc.

I've upped my scum points of you. That's unnecessary information only scum would sow confusion.
    I'm grading him on his plausibility of being scum. In this case, that's close to 0. Unlike you and Vacron who are actively manipulating this thread by using preconceived opinions about a specific player as a reason for placing them as town or scum.
    Interesting take, but I'd trust my sense on this one that Varcron is likely shadow.
    more attacks on varcron

Speaking of, we have 3 guests on this thread. That could only mean that those 3 who are reading this thread are not:

Me
    LagAttack
    Oberon
    TheOneCeko
    Varcron

Ofc, they can pull up on an incognito tab but that would be too much hassle. Also, I would be willing place zzorange being one of those people as I'd seen him online 5 mins ago when there were only 2 guests viewing this thread.
    this looks like it helps town, but it really doesn't >_>
    i can't tell if wrath is trying to fake being helpful or if he's actually trying to help.

Varcron.
    -vote vacron
    more attacks on varcron

here's my take on the newer players who've just joined us:
    @Yuesford: seems to hold a grudge against zzOrange, immediately votes him and proceeds to ghost for the rest of the day. He has that happy-go-lucky attitude that is reminiscent of a typical jester play, maybe under a pretense that he's "new". They even proceed to say "Anyway, I feel overwhelmed rn. Where are the role cards? XD." when clearly, he should have known beforehand exactly how FM works. This in itself isn't an issue, except that fact he's clearly read all of our messages(proven by the fact that he's been on this forum page active for more than 2 hours), and copies what I said when I first joined: "I'm feeling overwhelmed". In psychology terms, we call that a Freudian slip. This type of action can only warrant him Shadow, if not Templar.

CRichardForumLies : They've snowballed slowly from 'this is my first FM game' to accusing others immediately. When I scum read this person, it looks to me as if they want to actively contribute- a little too forcefully - as if they seem afraid of being labeled as being scum. They make multiple posts in succession, each with small details. This tells me that they haven't really put much thought into what they've said and are just winging it and adding on details as they go on. This type of play would most closely mock a typical DH ENF play who wants to appease as innocently as possible by contributing to the town's efforts in lynching scum but not outrightly warranting suspicion.
    i personally find his yuesford read to be odd. does anyone else think yuesford is a templar?? the fact he used "freudian slip" to suggest yuesford is also odd. perhaps he's bringing a grudge from the mod into this game??

his crichard scumread is based on tone and inaccurate information (this is crichard's first fm on this site, not his first fm in general)

Quite the contrary actually. Varcron is the most suspicious throwing wayward claims about Oberon.
    wayward?? why r u so confident that oberon is town?

Seems like too much of an effort to convince people he is town if he was truly evil. It's just a 6th sense.
    more confidence in oberon's towniness

~~~

the biggest scumtell is his "jester-read" on lagattack. i don't think we should ever see wrath as town for this, and i'll explain why. i've seen a thousand players on the mod sow confusion with pretty random posts, and i don't think u can get more random in this game than claiming lagattack is a jester. he seems to have backtracked off that strategy since then, but i get the feeling that's just because he realized this wasn't a viable strategy in FM, which lasts way longer than games on the mod.

it's not surprising that wrath scumread varc, since varc "always looks scummy," but his shift from seeing varc as town to scum is too drastic to make me think it's genuine.

players on the mod tend to vote with and defend their scum teammates. rn, wrath is clearly defending oberon. wrath doesn't know oberon's meta, so i find it hard to believe that wrath is a villager who saw oberon's blatantly scummy posts, then jumped ahead a few steps to not only townread oberon but also scumread varcron and lagattack, who suspect oberon of being scum. also, as auwt said, there wasn't a n0 for the mafia to discuss their strategy, so if oberon is scum, there's no way he could've told wrath to consider bussing.

this is purely a tonal argument, but wrath sounds too confident in his reads. this is likely a big scumtell if you consider a world where he's a newbie scum who doesn't know that scum should act like they don't know anyone else's faction is. wrath has not given that "confused townie" vibe all game

finally, i agree with whoever said wrath is a "frozen scum." wrath's playstyle reminds me a lot of my very first scum game. i didn't know how to interact with my teammates in the thread or how to convince everyone i was town while voting town out, so i kind of just AFK'ed. to me, wrath definitely looks like he's lurking too much for a noob town

32. ISO #582

In case this wasn't mentioned earlier, Ceko and Yues are not scum/scum if this post is anything to go by.
    It would make more sense for scum!Ceko to privately prod Yue to post in thread rather than lurk.
    Yet that isn't what happened.
    I'm thinking of derp clearing this as a `town slip`.

33. ISO #583

I can see Wrath being a possible misclear if they were defending Oberon for towncred if the latter is town.
    Speaking of lurkers, I haven't heard much from PQR for sometime.
    if you didn't know, you can check the bottom of the page to see who's viewing the thread.

pqrnhack isn't "lurking," at least based on my definition of "lurking," which is when a player views the thread without actually contributing. pqrnhack has been straight up afk. i haven't seen her viewing the thread for a while

34. ISO #584

Uhh, nope

"The Shadows own a night only chat."
    I feel like this is your 4th post and 50% of your content has been clarifying people on mafia role mechanics and chat mechanics. You're very familiar with the Scum side of the setup, good, but is fair to say that it's easier for you to post stuff like that than reads and opinions?

35. ISO #585

36. ISO #586

37. ISO #587

I think this clears Varcron as not shadow if this is a hit.
    As I don't think Varcron/Wrath are Scum/Scum if this interaction is anything to go by.
    it is. no way a player from the mod would know how to bus, especially if that player is new to fm and didn't have a n0 to talk with his teammates

38. ISO #588

39. ISO #589

40. ISO #590

41. ISO #591

I feel like this is your 4th post and 50% of your content has been clarifying people on mafia role mechanics and chat mechanics. You're very familiar with the Scum side of the setup, good, but is fair to say that it's easier for you to post stuff like that than reads and opinions?
    if scum team is pqrnhack oberon wrath, i will literally die LMFAO

42. ISO #592

43. ISO #593

44. ISO #594

45. ISO #595

@CRichardForumLies
    You ignored LagAttack's multiple paragraphs of debunk of your argument about Oberon's train, only interest you had was the 1-liner of `30 scum points to you`.

I feel like debating your reasons could be valuable in the pursuit of truth, not just pointing them out and ignoring other's skepticism of it.
    Yeah I was considering Lag's counter argument when I was talking about Oberon's wagon/train.
    Oberon has scum/scum equity with Wrath and I'll definitely be placing my vote on either of them if one of them flips today and they are shadow.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out I was misclearing at least Wrath/Oberon.

I still don't like PQRnhack coasting and just talking about mechanics.
    -vote PQRnHack

46. ISO #596

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    @OzyWho what are 'Chainsaw Defense' and 'TWBTAW'?
    Chainsaw Defense I linked earlier.
    TWTBAW = Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf
    Usually I lynch every TWTBAW I see, but when it's a new player + to such a extreme extent, I have to agree with the sentiment that they're unlikely a wolf. (Their play feels like SC2 Jester play even)

47. ISO #597

Yeah that's a theme I've noticed with PQR.
    They seem to be fine with talking about setup mechanics, and not so much with reads.
    That looks way too much like IIOA (Information Instead Of Analysis) to ignore.

48. ISO #598

49. ISO #599

Yeah that's a theme I've noticed with PQR.
    They seem to be fine with talking about setup mechanics, and not so much with reads.
    That looks way too much like IIOA (Information Instead Of Analysis) to ignore.
    It's because I'm a mod player, not FM player. It's day 1. If pros are scum, what are the odds that they slip up or give some clue D1, unless it's like the earlier Matrix game and there are some roleclaims and counterclaims made?

50. ISO #600

It's because I'm a mod player, not FM player. It's day 1. If pros are scum, what are the odds that they slip up or give some clue D1, unless it's like the earlier Matrix game and there are some roleclaims and counterclaims made?
    Even in SC2 Mafia, scum usually prefer to go UTR rather than talk and give information to help town find them.
    As they are the prey the town needs to find to win the game.