Proposed Chaos Mode Addition
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Proposed Chaos Mode Addition

So there was a period of a couple weeks where some magical person released Elector back into the community, and during this time I was able to craft a save that was roughly balanced even though the role is known to be insanely OP.

I call it "The Three Tyrants".

Godfather
    Town Random
    Town Prot
    Town Investigative
    Any Random
    Mafia Random
    Town Killing
    Neutral Random
    Mayor
    Town Prot
    Mafia Random
    Town Killing
    Neutral Killing
    Elector
    Mayor

----

So the stats to this save was removed because I was revealing bank information, but when I did -saveslots it was legit the exact same information.... soo... idk what to do about that. So I'm just gonna leave it. But if you really do want to add this, REMEMBER, vig chance is MUCH higher chance than normal so please consult with me for slider stats otherwise the save will be shit.

Thank you.
    Last edited by lawson; May 17th, 2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: removed bank information

2. ISO #2

Re: Proposed Chaos Mode Addition

Next week's episode: "How I crafted a balanced Stump-Scumbag save, and how you can host it with -save!"

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    So there was a period of a couple weeks where some magical person released Elector back into the community
    Why so modest? We know you hacked your bank to create these setups.

Frink's command only lets you export your bank data. To the average Joe, the output would just be gibberish strings of numbers.

You claim that you got Elector in your setup after your bank got "messed up" during an update, but lol, you sure know how to interpret the bank file.

Why we're not penalizing you for (1) bank hacking, (2) circulating hacked setups and (3) being blatantly unrepentant is beyond me.
    Last edited by Exeter350; May 16th, 2022 at 02:51 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

I mean let's be real, Elector is CRAZY strong. But how much stronger is it than Bonker? Bonker is also up there in the realm of insanely OP Neutral Evils.

I designed this save not only to include Elector, but to basically be Elector's wet fucking dream. And it still comes out balanced. HOW? Because I make sure that most towns have abilities they can use at night. Voting is typically the way town wins the game, but versus something that takes your votes, you need another way.

Vigi chance is insanely high. Vigi > Elector.

EDIT: Another thing to look at if adding this save is to be taken seriously is the Order of Operations for Elector's ability at night. It comes first, like DEAD first. Elector goes thru bus, Elector goes thru SR! If you did want to move forward with adding my save to Chaos Mode perhaps it should be sent down the list a little bit so Bus can save Mayor, etc.

EDIT2: Frinckles has a command?
    Last edited by lawson; May 16th, 2022 at 10:08 AM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    I mean let's be real, Elector is CRAZY strong. But how much stronger is it than Bonker? Bonker is also up there in the realm of insanely OP Neutral Evils.

I designed this save not only to include Elector, but to basically be Elector's wet fucking dream. And it still comes out balanced. HOW? Because I make sure that most towns have abilities they can use at night. Voting is typically the way town wins the game, but versus something that takes your votes, you need another way.

Vigi chance is insanely high. Vigi > Elector.

EDIT: Another thing to look at if adding this save is to be taken seriously is the Order of Operations for Elector's ability at night. It comes first, like DEAD first. Elector goes thru bus, Elector goes thru SR! If you did want to move forward with adding my save to Chaos Mode perhaps it should be sent down the list a little bit so Bus can save Mayor, etc.

EDIT2: Frinckles has a command?
    I can safely say that after playing during the beta and getting 1 chance to play as elector: once mayor reveals it's game over for town if they're in the game. Once they reveal you can yeet their 3-4 votes for yourself, which gives you 5 votes to use to bully town.

Although I do agree vigi hard counters elector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

What I don't really understand is if people are actively enjoying the save why it becomes such a large problem...

In the past we've had some pretty trollish (like 3 NK saves) or dumb shit like that being hosted and there was never really a problem, people just kind of laughed it off. What's the big problem now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    What I don't really understand is if people are actively enjoying the save why it becomes such a large problem...

In the past we've had some pretty trollish (like 3 NK saves) or dumb shit like that being hosted and there was never really a problem, people just kind of laughed it off. What's the big problem now?
    holy crap man I love you.

exactly, if I wanted to troll I wouldn't need to do what I do. I can make a 5 SK 5 Jester 5 Bus Driver save no problem. Exeter loves to use strawman arguments like stump/scumbag saves when, if my goal was really to troll, why would I need to go as far as I do? I can troll with the roles that are already provided.

It just seems the admins love to listen to Exeter, this guy plays like one game every 3 weeks, he's literally the loud minority. 95% of mafia players aren't even on the forums/discord. It's just forum/discord users think they are the entire community.