if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    If you think atheism is a religion you don't really understand atheism
    The difference lies between atheism and antitheism. If you're saying that anyone who worships their "flying sky daddy" (lol) should go to jail, well, you're making atheism your own dogma, therefore committing the exact fault intolerant religious people commit. Atheism is not a religion. Antitheism is. I'm not sure it's perfectly accurate to define antitheism as extreme atheism, but it could be seen like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #152

Re: if you do not do the full version of this political quiz and post the results, you have no balls

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    God is GAY and PISSES and SHITS all over the place
    God is a goofy loser.
    - Renegade, 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Agnostic gang rise up
    URAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

3. ISO #153

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Okay but I would challenge agnosticism with this:

Are you then also unwilling to say for sure whether Dragons, A Spaghetti God, Fairies, Gnomes, Vampires, Werewolves, Blah Blah Blah insert fantasy thing here exist?

If so, do you even believe anything?

What ARE you sure about the existence of? Do YOU even really exist? Can you say for sure?
    Well, yes and no, but mostly no. The things you named (dragons, flying spaghetti monster, etc.) are extremely unlikely to exist, so I can say I believe beyond a reasonable doubt that those things do not exist, a bit like how I can say I believe beyond a reasonable doubt that existing religions do not have the pure and exact truth, although some principles of sikhism and what it implies about Hinduism, Islam and Christianism make sense to me. However, I cannot purely and simply prove that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist beyond any doubt; it doesn't mean I have to believe in it. It's about probabilities, at that point.

As for the last line "do you really exist", I'll just give you a quote

Je pense, donc je suis.
    - René Descartes, Discourse on the Method, 1637

Still true in 2020.

4. ISO #154

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Well, yes and no, but mostly no. The things you named (dragons, flying spaghetti monster, etc.) are extremely unlikely to exist, so I can say I believe beyond a reasonable doubt that those things do not exist, a bit like how I can say I believe beyond a reasonable doubt that existing religions do not have the pure and exact truth, although some principles of sikhism and what it implies about Hinduism, Islam and Christianism make sense to me. However, I cannot purely and simply prove that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist beyond any doubt; it doesn't mean I have to believe in it. It's about probabilities, at that point.

As for the last line "do you really exist", I'll just give you a quote

Je pense, donc je suis.
    - René Descartes, Discourse on the Method, 1637

Still true in 2020.
    Why are those religions more likely than the flying spaghetti god? Seriously I would like to know what is the difference beyond simply spending more time in your life talking about them
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #155

why is guy who floats in the sky somehow more believable than dragons,fairies,etc.? Because 1 was presented to you as the truth and the other was presented as fiction? I mean, what actual reasons in your own experience do you have to believe one over the other?

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

Why are those religions more likely than the flying spaghetti god? Seriously I would like to know what is the difference beyond simply spending more time in your life talking about them
    They are not more likely to be the exact truth because that makes as little sense as pastafarianism considered as a legit belief lol, and that's part of my point. I said I agreed with principles that are more likely to be right, not dogmas. It means I think parts of those religions are morally and logically right, such as tolerance and theological search, for example.
    why is guy who floats in the sky somehow more believable than dragons,fairies,etc.? Because 1 was presented to you as the truth and the other was presented as fiction? I mean, what actual reasons in your own experience do you have to believe one over the other?
    I don't believe "the guy floats in the sky" lol. You're basically painting me as someone who believes in everything that's in X sacred book, which I am not, and then you ask me to explain the point of view I don't have...

Also banana, if you give me some rep, you'll be able to give some to Aamirus again at some point! Problem fixed.

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

You're right. He don't float in the sky. He lives on the planet Kolob. And one day you'll make planets like him. If you're baptized mormon, get your endowment, and marry in the temple that is.
    ^ that's the exact part that sucks with religion taken literally. It turns the search for the most important answers (what's the purpose of life, what must we do, must we do anything, etc.) into a way to control people so that they don't think by themselves, or literally don't think at all and only regurgitate beliefs they don't understand and call it "faith".
    Now, this sounds rather antitheist lol, but my point is that religion is not limited to this. Those who do limit it to this do something horrible: they extinguish people's minds and destroy their individuality to better control them (or simply because their own mind has been extinguished by people who seek control). However, those who genuinely try to allow people to find answers by themselves are performing a very important and noble task, and they must not be put in the same basket as the first group of people.

10. ISO #160
    Ganelon

I think the issue is that dragons, fairies and so don’t have any real reason to exist. For me, I believe the most believable God is that of Judaism (not of Christianity); he has a purpose to exist; and somehow the idea that someone out there really gives a shit about human intelligence and will be very angry if you misbehave sounds more appealing and believable than a dragon.

I just think that such a being wouldn’t even have to be the one who created the Universe; it could
    merely have created life on Earth, or accelerated evolution in early man. It could literally be an extremely powerful alien with a paternalistic outlook.

11. ISO #161
    Ganelon

My issue with the Christian God is that he claims to be all loving and all merciful and yet, a) look the shit that’s been going on all around us and b) he forced the Israelites, his chosen people, to wander through the desert for 40 years. Not exactly what I’d call merciful.

There is an upside to this, though. Maybe God is just a very demanding but still loving father (although that seems hard to believe if you don’t exclude a significant part of the New Testament)

12. ISO #162

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    My issue with the Christian God is that he claims to be all loving and all merciful and yet, a) look the shit that’s been going on all around us and b) he forced the Israelites, his chosen people, to wander through the desert for 40 years. Not exactly what I’d call merciful.

There is an upside to this, though. Maybe God is just a very demanding but still loving father (although that seems hard to believe if you don’t exclude a significant part of the New Testament)
    Little off-topic but God as many Jews see Him was the one who forced his chosen people to wander in the wilderness for 40 years.

13. ISO #163

I think the issue is that dragons, fairies and so don’t have any real reason to exist. For me, I believe the most believable God is that of Judaism (not of Christianity); he has a purpose to exist; and somehow the idea that someone out there really gives a shit about human intelligence and will be very angry if you misbehave sounds more appealing and believable than a dragon.

I just think that such a being wouldn’t even have to be the one who created the Universe; it could
    merely have created life on Earth, or accelerated evolution in early man. It could literally be an extremely powerful alien with a paternalistic outlook.
    The god of judaism, Christianity, and Islam is the exact same god

14. ISO #164

The point I was trying to make is:
    Why should you believe 1 thing that has absolute zero real life evidence and reject something else in the same boat? Just seems extremely arbitrary. Like if enough people had told you the 2nd thing was real since birth then you’d probably believe that instead of the 1st one.

15. ISO #165
    Ganelon

The god of Judaism is very different from the God of Christianity lol
    he doesn’t have the same personality at all. As a comedian I like put it, The God of the Old Testament is a prick... but the god of the New Testament isn’t. Idk maybe he took anger management classes in between

16. ISO #166
    Ganelon

The difference is that God or whatever being(s) your religion follows don’t exist in a vacuum. They’re the representation of a set of ideas that the believers hold to be (morally) true. Dragons and fairies don’t. And they don’t have the same impact on our culture.

17. ISO #167
    Ganelon

Also, belief has nothing to do with rationality. You can’t analyze it from that perspective. Belief is purely subjective. I do think cultural influences are a part of why people believe in certain things and not in others, but I do believe it’s a mistake to conclude that someone chooses to believe in God simply due to cultural pressure lol. I grew up in a VERY religious country and I’m not religious at all, so there’s plenty of counterexamples. Besides, my beliefs about God are pretty different from the usual theist’s belief (I think).

18. ISO #168

The god of judaism, Christianity, and Islam is the exact same god
    Well, at the very least, they can present drastically different natures of god to the point where they only seem to nominally refer to the same god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

19. ISO #169

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Well, at the very least, they can present drastically different natures of god to the point where they only seem to nominally refer to the same god.
    Either way, as Ganelon said, the representation of God is so different in these different religious texts that it justifies referring to the "Christian god" or "Muslim god" regardless of whether you technically deem that to be philosophically correct.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Suprising that I'm not also an extreme globalist, and possibly the only religious person on this site. Heh.
    ur religious? wtf dude. which religion?!?!? UwU!!!

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    I actually hard agreed some people shouldn't be allowed to reproduce just bcos they're so fuckdd up on drugs and alcohol there's no way they could raise a child, like that couple on breaking bad😭

But its just so complicated cos one of my good friends had a dad who was in n out of jail for making n selling meth and he was super abusive but she's a successful artist & doing so well n I'm so happy for her ♡
    let me see pls?

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    I think believing in god is cringe because you're literally admitting that there is someone better than you and that you'll never reach that level, which is beta as FUCK.
    lol mormons believe that god was once a man on a planet, eventually reached godhood, and that they can become gods too. No I'm not making that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

26. ISO #176

lol mormons believe that god was once a man on a planet, eventually reached godhood, and that they can become gods too. No I'm not making that up.
    Ah yes. The Mormon's version of the left-hand path. It's powerful but the right hand path inevitably leads to a higher state of existence. You can transcend Godhood by living as a thousand Gods this way. It's just less fun getting there.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

Its so much more rational imo that man created god as a way to explain how the universe exists and to give comfort to people about what happens after death than a supreme being always existing and then creating man. And then demanding they worship him.

29. ISO #179

Its so much more rational imo that man created god as a way to explain how the universe exists and to give comfort to people about what happens after death than a supreme being always existing and then creating man. And then demanding they worship him.
    Rationalism is neat but it's hardly the answer to everything.

30. ISO #180

I'll admit my views are heavily influenced by my departure from mormonism in 2015. I was a devout mormon for 25 years and after investigating my faith and seeing how I was manipulated and controlled by a con man and his successors and that all the evidence was there that the book of mormon was false I couldn't latch on to any other religion or faith. Eventually I have up on the idea of god completely. What makes the bible the word of god? Other than other people saying it is so? I see parallels in people's faith and beliefs and testimony in those of everyone I know who is mormon.

31. ISO #181

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Rationalism is neat but it's hardly the answer to everything.
    But here's the neat thing. I don't have the desire to have the answer to everything anymore. Religion, faith tries to give you that. "Here's the answers to the deep thought out questions that you have such as 'where do I go after I die?' and 'are my departed loved ones out there somewhere' and 'what is the meaning of life'?"

Now I see it as "I won't know the answer to these things in my lifetime. Its out of my control." And I'm okay with that. This is very likely the only life I ever get to live, so I'm going to try to live it to the fullest.

32. ISO #182

Perhaps you're suggesting that inventing God is an inherent part of our DNA, perhaps it is. That it could happen over a few thousand (varies) years ago on every single continent.

33. ISO #183

ok actually that's pretty dope wtf. how do i become a mormon?

34. ISO #184

But here's the neat thing. I don't have the desire to have the answer to everything anymore. Religion, faith tries to give you that. "Here's the answers to the deep thought out questions that you have such as 'where do I go after I die?' and 'are my departed loved ones out there somewhere' and 'what is the meaning of life'?"

Now I see it as "I won't know the answer to these things in my lifetime. Its out of my control." And I'm okay with that. This is very likely the only life I ever get to live, so I'm going to try to live it to the fullest.
    This sounds more agnostic than atheistic, if I'm being honest.

35. ISO #185

Just pick a book on Hermeticism, follow the left-hand path, drink lots of water and let me know how Godhood is.

36. ISO #186

Its a lot. Its every day. A way of life. Every part of your identity. In the temples mormons make this covenant:

"You and each of you covenant and promise before God, angels, and these witnesses at this altar, that you do accept the Law of Consecration as contained in the Doctrine and Covenants, in that you do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents, and everything with which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the building up of the Kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion. "

You have tons of rules, like no alcohol, tobacco, tea, drugs, etc. Strict chastity laws. Like no sex before or outside of marriage, no porn, no masturbating. Attend church every sunday. Pay 10% of your income in tithing.

You'll be given a "calling". This could be something as simple as teaching a class on Sundays to as involved as a scout leader taking kids on camps all the time, or as involved as a bishop (local leader of a congregation), or a stake president (leader of multiple congregations). Your calling will take up many hours of your time during the week, not just on Sunday.

You are expected to help convert people. Share the gospel with everyone. Invite them to church. Ever meet a mormon? They will share their faith with you, try to teach you, try to hook you and bring you to church and church activities. They are relentless. And its because its expected of them, not because they care about your wellbeing, "every member a missionary"

Its exhausting.

37. ISO #187

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    This sounds more agnostic than atheistic, if I'm being honest.
    Once again, atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive.

Maybe a visual will help?

I don't believe in anything. Yes, I fall into more of the agnostic atheist category - maybe a supreme being exists. I don't think one does, but hey I may be wrong.

But if one exists, its definitely unknown to us and is not any of the gods that I've heard of. I reject the idea of god as we humans understand and that earthly religions preach of. That makes me atheist. It's such a broad label - but that's basically what it is, a label. Not a religion, not a belief.

38. ISO #188

Its a lot. Its every day. A way of life. Every part of your identity. In the temples mormons make this covenant:

"You and each of you covenant and promise before God, angels, and these witnesses at this altar, that you do accept the Law of Consecration as contained in the Doctrine and Covenants, in that you do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents, and everything with which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the building up of the Kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion. "

You have tons of rules, like no alcohol, tobacco, tea, drugs, etc. Strict chastity laws. Like no sex before or outside of marriage, no porn, no masturbating. Attend church every sunday. Pay 10% of your income in tithing.

You'll be given a "calling". This could be something as simple as teaching a class on Sundays to as involved as a scout leader taking kids on camps all the time, or as involved as a bishop (local leader of a congregation), or a stake president (leader of multiple congregations). Your calling will take up many hours of your time during the week, not just on Sunday.

You are expected to help convert people. Share the gospel with everyone. Invite them to church. Ever meet a mormon? They will share their faith with you, try to teach you, try to hook you and bring you to church and church activities. They are relentless. And its because its expected of them, not because they care about your wellbeing, "every member a missionary"

Its exhausting.
    o shit nvm thats cringe lmao

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190
    Ganelon

That sounds intense as fuck lol
    Also, being forced to pay a tithing is a no-no for me.

41. ISO #191

That sounds intense as fuck lol
    Also, being forced to pay a tithing is a no-no for me.
    Ask any mormon, they'll explain that they aren't forced. They just can't hold a temple recommend and receive the blessings of the temple without paying it. You know, such blessings such as eternal life and exaltation. Lmao.

42. ISO #192

Ask any mormon, they'll explain that they aren't forced. They just can't hold a temple recommend and receive the blessings of the temple without paying it. You know, such blessings such as eternal life and exaltation. Lmao.
    iused to be scrred of godstriking me down w lightning, but now i UwUspam.

godrly shodl've killed me bynow.first i dencnounce "his"teachings (god no exisss tho uvu), then i becum a super cfinge fuWurry weeb onlineUwU

uwu*nuzzles*
    OWO!!!!

43. ISO #193
    Ganelon

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

:]
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    WHYDDON'T U TELL ME WTF OMG UWU OWO *NUZZZLESX3*

LIKEKEIE I WON'T BASH U FOR UR RELGION, IMJUST VEREYY CUUWURIOUS!!!!
    UvU

46. ISO #196

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post

UvU
    Its probably Jehovahs Witness or Scientology

47. ISO #197

48. ISO #198

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post

UvU
    It's like wearing a t-shirt with the Target logo into an active warzone.

49. ISO #199

:]
    intrigue intensifies

50. ISO #200

I think believing in god is cringe because you're literally admitting that there is someone better than you and that you'll never reach that level, which is beta as FUCK.
    I think believing humans are the best thing existing in the world and not being ready to accept anything stronger, personified or not, is symptomatic of overly developed pride :]