S-FM 294 (Ladder) : Undercover - Game Thread - Page 42
Register

User Tag List

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 2105
  1. ISO #2051

Re: S-FM 294 (Ladder) : Undercover - Game Thread

The reason I regard the Kenny/Duck bussing as a strategically bad play is as follows: Assume Agent did not find SK on n1 (what you'd probably assume) and that Kenny got lynched and "proved" Duck as not-mafia. The d3 scenario would look something like this:

Town
    Town
    Town
    SK
    Duck (mafia)

With one of the towns or Duck possibly cleared from being SK. In this scenario, if town is really convinced Duck is almost definitely not-mafia, then SK will almost definitely stab Duck on n3 because he'd think Duck is a safe non-mafia bet. If Kenny was lynched without the play, then Duck would likely not get stabbed and would be in a decent position to convince the remaining town he's the SK on day 4.

Obviously, if the play fails and Duck doesn't get much credibility, then Kenny died for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

2. ISO #2052

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    @yzb25 ))))))))))))))))) =? =?=??=-
    dude I'm so sorry for getting something so critical XD
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

3. ISO #2053

holy shit Gyr your slot is screaming town. This is gonna be a tense one lmao

4. ISO #2054

What's the point of making a list like that if it doesn't distinguish your reads? And Ken's slot is "unsure"? You had reads on everyone else even when you say that I was like an AFK that just said quack day 1 which isn't true at all. You're trying to make it seem like I'm a useless player day when when I legit had a strong SK read on Joey which turned out to be true even thought I was second guessing myself after the fact. You couldn't commit to a read on the "Ken" slot but can alter the truth to make a read on myself?

5. ISO #2055

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    The reason I regard the Kenny/Duck bussing as a strategically bad play is as follows: Assume Agent did not find SK on n1 (what you'd probably assume) and that Kenny got lynched and "proved" Duck as not-mafia. The d3 scenario would look something like this:

Town
    Town
    Town
    SK
    Duck (mafia)

With one of the towns or Duck possibly cleared from being SK. In this scenario, if town is really convinced Duck is almost definitely not-mafia, then SK will almost definitely stab Duck on n3 because he'd think Duck is a safe non-mafia bet. If Kenny was lynched without the play, then Duck would likely not get stabbed and would be in a decent position to convince the remaining town he's the SK on day 4.

Obviously, if the play fails and Duck doesn't get much credibility, then Kenny died for nothing.
    Maybe I could have got stabbed. I guess Kenny's aim was to give Duck towncred, regardless of the SK switching his kill to him. (cause he guessed he wouldnt be his first choice???)

Still, I'm not 100% sure Kenny always aimed for this and didn't change his plan after seeing your claim. I guess it'll wait until game ends and we read Mafia chat.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

6. ISO #2056

Okey, I think this will help you:

If we were like right now but that Kenny claiming Duck is SK situation didn't happen... would you hesitate between Duck or me?

If not, and your reason for hesitation is Kenny's claim then he actually did a very good job.

7. ISO #2057

holy shit Gyr your slot is screaming town. This is gonna be a tense one lmao
    I don't get how he can try to attack me with reasons that are not true, Me and you both say that never happened, then you say that he's screaming town? Does making big long posts make you a town member? I mean If that's what it's going to take for us to win the game I can ask the host to freaking extend the day so I can make a big colorful post too.

8. ISO #2058

tbh I'd still hesitate. As I said in the big post I'm not trying to make sense of Kenny's strategy because Kenny's strategy is batshit crazy.

9. ISO #2059

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDucky View Post
    What's the point of making a list like that if it doesn't distinguish your reads? And Ken's slot is "unsure"? You had reads on everyone else even when you say that I was like an AFK that just said quack day 1 which isn't true at all. You're trying to make it seem like I'm a useless player day when when I legit had a strong SK read on Joey which turned out to be true even thought I was second guessing myself after the fact. You couldn't commit to a read on the "Ken" slot but can alter the truth to make a read on myself?
    Even if you had a few posts more about Joey or whatever I ignored them quite a lot. It's hard for me to pay attention to what a new player that said Quack in his first 10 posts was saying at that time.

Not going to discuss my lynching list cause I feel I can do whatever I wish lol. Ken's slot was unsure because I considered aamirus had a lot of potential.

10. ISO #2060

Even if you had a few posts more about Joey or whatever I ignored them quite a lot. It's hard for me to pay attention to what a new player that said Quack in his first 10 posts was saying at that time.

Not going to discuss my lynching list cause I feel I can do whatever I wish lol. Ken's slot was unsure because I considered aamirus had a lot of potential.
    Michael may have had potential early on too though, surely.

11. ISO #2061

tbh I'd still hesitate. As I said in the big post I'm not trying to make sense of Kenny's strategy because Kenny's strategy is batshit crazy.
    It's normal to hesitate, I also hesitated between Duck or Joey. THE THING IS: I always knew I was going to lynch Joey and I think in that situation you would know Duck would be your lynch choice.

It's magic.

12. ISO #2062

Michael may have had potential early on too though, surely.
    Dude, wtf? Are you discussing this? I just came from a game where aamirus actually made me interact and feel like I was being useful while I didn't know these new players and they were quite inactive. Please.

13. ISO #2063

14. ISO #2064

I've genuinely townread duck for a while. My only reason for scumreading him in the day 2 post thingy was because I feared he may be SK. I really don't see his play as scummy. He has, within his point of view, been very consistent the whole game afaik.

15. ISO #2065

Aamirus had way less posts then Joe and I, but just because she's an established player she gets more credibility than someone you don't know? I can't agree with that type of thinking coming from a town players perspective.

16. ISO #2066

Dude, wtf? Are you discussing this? I just came from a game where aamirus actually made me interact and feel like I was being useful while I didn't know these new players and they were quite inactive. Please.
    I was not inactive what the hell man

17. ISO #2067

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDucky View Post
    Aamirus had way less posts then Joe and I, but just because she's an established player she gets more credibility than someone you don't know? I can't agree with that type of thinking coming from a town players perspective.
    @yzb25 Do you fucking town read this? He's legit pulling things out of his ass. THAT'S NOT THE TYPE OF THINKING COMING FROM A TOWN PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE.

It's true, I only can NOT GIVE A FUCK as scum. Being Town makes me way more lenient and friendly.

18. ISO #2068

19. ISO #2069

20. ISO #2070

im aware I have 3 mins yeah

21. ISO #2071

22. ISO #2072

23. ISO #2073

Meh it's just a game

-vote Gyrlander

24. ISO #2074

25. ISO #2075

26. ISO #2076

Game End

Gyrlander has been lynched.
    Spoiler : He was :
    Citizen

Spoiler : Winners :
    The Mafia has won! Congratulations to @Kenny and @LuckyDucky !

Further comments coming. Post-game chat is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

27. ISO #2077

@Gyrlander dude I'm so sorry T_T T_T T_T

ggwp

28. ISO #2078

29. ISO #2079

30. ISO #2080

31. ISO #2081

32. ISO #2082

33. ISO #2083

34. ISO #2084

35. ISO #2085

Give me the freaking scum chat.
    https://discord.gg/KWXP5Bt

Scum chat and dead chat are here.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

36. ISO #2086

37. ISO #2087

I'm curious about your thoughts. I liked your play during D2 the best, and would have wanted for you to be alive during D3 and maybe give me a hand convincing Yzb.
    I played day two that way in order to check if yzb was real. Once I established he was, I needed to find the bus. It wasn't coming from you or Banana so the PoE was simple. It wasn't followed.

A scum Frinckles would never destroy his towncred. I was the highest townread here aside from yzb.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

38. ISO #2088

39. ISO #2089

40. ISO #2090

41. ISO #2091

Post-Game Comments

Good game everyone! This was fun to watch (and sometimes disappointing). A few comments:

- Kudos to Joey for getting out of a really bad start on D1. I thought he was going to get obliterated on the first day.

- Why did Stealthbomber get lynched, exactly? I'm still confused

- Mass seppuku from town when there was no Serial Killer left might have been suboptimal play, although I can understand wanting to prove your point by being flipped.

- Kudos to the scum team and to Kenny for coming up with such a strange game plan based on crazy bussing that ended up actually working, and that decided the game (after all, it's the reason Yzb didn't vote against Duck : he deemed that it made no sense for Duck to be scum with Kenny).

- I don't think I can give my host MVP vote to one specific player. A lot of people really shined in their times. That is why I will give two MVPs.

Town MVP : Gyrlander. Definetly. Early on, his theories were on point, even though they were mostly considered as conspiracy/troll theories. He then defended himself at LYLO with good charisma and really good arguments, and good efforts. I'm honestly impressed, and am seeing the same kind of Gyrlander I had seen a long, long time ago, in which he carried a scum team but won't remember it. Good job. I would say that I'm sorry for your loss, but it would look weird lol.

Mafia MVP : LuckyDucky. RELEASE THE QUACKEN!!! A great management of a very special strategy from scum. Lesser activity later on seemed to be the right call, since yzb dug his own paranoia grave; I believe that was planned. Either way, very well played.

Have fun discussing! I will update the FM Ladder with points related to this game. Thanks for playing!

P.S.: We are still looking for volunteers to host the next Ladder game. Please PM me or write in the Answer Hall if you'd like to host the next Ladder game!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; March 4th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.

42. ISO #2092

43. ISO #2093

sorry again for being an afk poop. Congrats to kenny and ducky!

What an interesting game.

I am starting to see a trend now with mafia winning by picking crazy strategies that seem utterly ridiculous, so that the town players don't believe anybody would seriously implement that strategy.
    For a towny in gyrlander's position, is there any good counter to the bias that must have formed in yzb's mind? Or do you just have to say hats-off to the scumteam for pulling off such a risky move on d2?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

44. ISO #2094

45. ISO #2095

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    sorry again for being an afk poop. Congrats to kenny and ducky!

What an interesting game.

I am starting to see a trend now with mafia winning by picking crazy strategies that seem utterly ridiculous, so that the town players don't believe anybody would seriously implement that strategy.
    For a towny in gyrlander's position, is there any good counter to the bias that must have formed in yzb's mind? Or do you just have to say hats-off to the scumteam for pulling off such a risky move on d2?
    I blame myself. I should have just stayed towny. Duck shouldnt have been able to get into that position. I just had to consider the possibility of a yzb / banana play at the time.

46. ISO #2096

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    SB16 was lynched to see if there was a connection to my scumread on Aamirus / Banana. Amy, Duck and Banana werent getting lynched so I had to go with my second best guess.
    me being afk d1 affected things, which I hate. I'd like to think if I could have kept playing that I would have earned a strong town read but now we can never know

47. ISO #2097

48. ISO #2098

49. ISO #2099

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    me being afk d1 affected things, which I hate. I'd like to think if I could have kept playing that I would have earned a strong town read but now we can never know
    I also had to give Kenny the benefit of the doubt despite it not last long. It's cool. You were studying right?

50. ISO #2100

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I also had to give Kenny the benefit of the doubt despite it not last long. It's cool. You were studying right?
    game started on Monday night, I played actively
    On Wednesday I had a big presentation for my research advisor, so after I got home on Tuesday I spent the rest of the day working on that
    On thusday I had an assignment due by 2pm, so I spent the rest of Wednesday working on that.

I then posted saying I would be able to play the next day (final real-life day of the in-game day).

When I woke up on Thursday, I had an email from my research advisor asking if we could meet again on Friday to discuss the results of the followup things he asked me to do after our meeting on Wednesday (which I wasn't planning to even start until the weekend...)

So then I messaged MM asking to be replaced, but he didn't see my message until the day ended

Ironically, after Friday I didn't have anything to do for like half a week, and then I just regretted subbing out