Election Day. - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Election Day.

1. ISO #51

Re: Election Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The reason they overprice everything is because the government put walls that drown out the competion. There is actually no competition whatsoever because the government regulates healthcare for 'societal good' and has effectively allowed a monopoly to exist. Deregulate everything and prices will go down.
    From my understanding its more of an issue of poor regulation.
    Spoiler : Because rambling and its not the subject of the thread :

I am close with Dr Gary Shreve who got his PHD in Operations Research Management and worked in hospital administration for his entire career. He actually did his thesis on assembly line functions in relation to healthcare.

The way he explained it to me is that healthcare costs are regulated to restrict company's pricing to be within specific profit margins.
    The first issue with this is that it allows cost scaling so a hospital can spend 100k on machines when 10k would work just as well so the medical device industry makes an absolute killing. (Although that industrys margins are ensured because of regulation that prevents competition as you said.)
    The second and main issue is that pricing for healthcare is not consistant. A person may have to pay 10,000 for a procedure but an insurance company has deals with the place so they only pay 7,000. Then theres a second insurance company that is 'in network' and only has to pay 4,000. Thats not really cool but the problem comes when prices are adjusted because the hospital can say "We are legally allowed to charge 10k for the procedure but over the last year we had 40% uncollected fees (from insurance pricing) so next year we need to raise the price by X amount to compensate." This allows scaling of healthcare costs every year which does not effect the insurance company but very directly effects the individual.

You can see this pattern in citys now. Everywhere you go there are 24 hour urgent cares and hospitals flying up. Granted that explanation I gave we me regurgitating a conversation I had on the subject to the best of my recollection but I personally think the elimination of insurance would be far better than subsidized or mandated insurance. Or they could simply force pricing in ratio to profit as a price ceiling which would solve everything : )

And if you really think about it- there already is 'free healthcare.' Hospitals can not deny care in America when it would result in loss of life, limb or eyesight. When they provide those services to all the overdosing hobos for example- the cost just gets spread to everyone else through unpaid taxes and raised costs the next year.
    Last edited by Helz; November 6th, 2020 at 02:49 PM.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    You'd think if Democrats went through all the effort of cheating they'd also steal the senate. I guess they forgot? Maybe the vote printers ran out of ink?
    LOL!!
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    You'd think if Democrats went through all the effort of cheating they'd also steal the senate. I guess they forgot? Maybe the vote printers ran out of ink?
    nah that was part of the wifom
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.