Register

User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
  1. ISO #651

2. ISO #652

3. ISO #653
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM 289 Instant Mafia blinkstyle!

Yeah definitely I don’t think it was their fault.

4. ISO #654
    Ganelon

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ISO #655

although i will say, 2 sheriff bois with different bois seems a tad OP for the town. I think a more active scum team could of exploited that.
    If i was scum i would of followed Mags claim, claim the same and then use that to try and lynch Ozy.
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

6. ISO #656

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Same

I was just convinced that MM wouldnt be this AFK as scum but i guess its an external thing and not really his fault.
    Share Our Wealth, for not Sharing the wealth leaves the risk of dying when the communist arrive, and we dont want communist now do we.

7. ISO #657

8. ISO #658

Quote Originally Posted by Huey The Long View Post
    You should all sign up to my game now this one is over
    Even though I don't think this was like a real game, it was still game enough for me to learn/remember that FM isn't for me. I'm sure some will be happy to hear it.

2 comments:
    1) Efe didn't scumslip in his first post of the game? Go figure..

2) rumox really surprised me. At first I was like "is this guy even trying?", but later I was like: "holy shit that's some good analysis right there!"

Also, mag had a great read on mm with the emotion thing. Really made me feel safe about mm being the maf.
    Last edited by OzyWho; November 3rd, 2019 at 11:54 AM.

9. ISO #659

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Even though I don't think this was like a real game, it was still game enough for me to learn/remember that FM isn't for me. I'm sure some will be happy to hear it.

2 comments:
    1) Efe didn't scumslip in his first post of the game huh? Go figure..

2) rumox really surprised me. At first I was like "is this guy even trying?", but later I was like: "holy shit that's some good analysis right there!"

Also, mag had a great read on mm with the emotion thing. Really made me feel safe about mm being the mag.
    Take nothing I said in the game personally. You played fairly well.

Something town needs to realize is that you need to work as a unit. Not only do you need to find the scum, you also need to convince the other townies, who have their own thoughts and opinions which can vary wildly from yours, that the scums are who they are. It’s not only finding them, it’s catching them too, and you need to work with your team to do that.

Ozy figured who the scum was but imo failed to capitalize on the catching of them. He got way to abrasive and made one of the scums able to literally just dump large amounts of pathos and essentially clear himself that way. At the end of the day, it didn’t matter because my partner was absent, but I was literally completely out of the lynch pool in a theoretical longer game.

You have to remember the people you are playing against are people, and will behave as such. If you insult them, that damages your character. The poetry post, while funny, only had a negative effect on you. The post where you called everyone out didn’t help you at all either. You essentially assassinated your own character at the end of the day, and if I had more time to dedicate to the game/my partner had more time to dedicate to the game I really could see this easily going the other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #660

Eww, gg. Sorry stealth there was really nothing I could do about my activity, and it happened to destroy the game. I think it's the first game ever where the consensus scumreads are actually the whole scum team...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #661

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Take nothing I said in the game personally. You played fairly well.

Something town needs to realize is that you need to work as a unit. Not only do you need to find the scum, you also need to convince the other townies, who have their own thoughts and opinions which can vary wildly from yours, that the scums are who they are. It’s not only finding them, it’s catching them too, and you need to work with your team to do that.

Ozy figured who the scum was but imo failed to capitalize on the catching of them. He got way to abrasive and made one of the scums able to literally just dump large amounts of pathos and essentially clear himself that way. At the end of the day, it didn’t matter because my partner was absent, but I was literally completely out of the lynch pool in a theoretical longer game.

You have to remember the people you are playing against are people, and will behave as such. If you insult them, that damages your character. The poetry post, while funny, only had a negative effect on you. The post where you called everyone out didn’t help you at all either. You essentially assassinated your own character at the end of the day, and if I had more time to dedicate to the game/my partner had more time to dedicate to the game I really could see this easily going the other way.
    ^ this. I had time to read some of it, and going more or less into personal attacks is literally never good, both for the game and for yourself. You did play logically very well, though. Gg
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

12. ISO #662

I was just convinced that MM wouldnt be this AFK as scum but i guess its an external thing and not really his fault.
    I don't control power outages, unfortunately =(

2 comments:
    1) Efe didn't scumslip in his first post of the game? Go figure..

Also, mag had a great read on mm with the emotion thing. Really made me feel safe about mm being the maf.
    Nah, this wasn't really a normal game. The scum team was mostly inactive (I was, at least, and Stealth wasn't top poster or similar), you had Efe making a weird post... I don't think this counts towards "am I made for FM or not". If you decide to get in another game, you're welcome!
    p.s. posting poetry to more or less insult people is usually not a good point on this site ;)

13. ISO #663
    Ganelon

tbh I don’t think Stealth could’ve capitalized on that. I didn’t townread Stealth for that post he made in response to Ozy but I do feel that the post was at least partially in line with what Stealth was feeling. I would’ve been hard pressed to believe Ozy would’ve attacked a player like that as scum, very few people would do that.

that being said I think the scum team fucked up by overreacting to Ozys initial push on them, and what this game has done is show the importance of pushing as many people as possible, scum do not always slip up unless you push them I feel.
    of the things Stealth said, I feel he only started slipping after Ozy pushed him. I.e when he professed disbelief in the existence of two sheriffs

14. ISO #664

tbh I don’t think Stealth could’ve capitalized on that.
    He did convince Huey with pathos.

Every time I'm trying to contemplate that fact... my brain just stops working. It's like it's completely out of the range of my possible thought processing. Like out of this world. How can someone get convinced by emotion when there is a rational counter part to it?
    In my brain it's like something that should be completely impossible... but it's not.

Another strange thing, but at least this one I can fathom: when a potential suspect makes false statements of past actions in the game, without providing evidence, and someone just goes ahead and trusts them on their word, without fact-checking, and betting the game on it.

15. ISO #665

16. ISO #666

17. ISO #667

Every time I'm trying to contemplate that fact... my brain just stops working. It's like it's completely out of the range of my possible thought processing. Like out of this world. How can someone get convinced by emotion when there is a rational counter part to it?
    In my brain it's like something that should be completely impossible... but it's not.

Another strange thing, but at least this one I can fathom: when a potential suspect makes false statements of past actions in the game, without providing evidence, and someone just goes ahead and trusts them on their word, without fact-checking, and betting the game on it.
    The statements I made about people calling me out for activity in previous games were all true.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

18. ISO #668

19. ISO #669

20. ISO #670

My favorite post in the game:

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I'm bored. I wanna ask 2 game theory questions:

1) Does the games(FM) dynamic dictate that the AFK player will always be the scummiest because everyone else(mafia) are consistently working on their public image?

2) Is this a valid argument?
    You are so lazy, you don't even try to scumhunt. Therefore you are scum yourself.
    Obviously it's an unethical statement if directed towards someone who has 12 hour work shifts. But, in practice, does the argument itself have a merit to it?
    1) I think people will always be suspicious of an afk player, simply because they haven’t been given any reason not to suspect them. But in most games people will try to lynch their top active scum reads before going for afks. But when you get to LYLO I think you kind of get stuck. And I figure the average person would rather lose to an active player than to an afk player so you end up being biased towards the afk

2) I don’t think it’s valid. I think it’s fair to distrust such a person and basically hold them as a null read, but I don’t think it should make them into a scum read.

21. ISO #671

Mm trying to pretend he didn’t know Mag had claimed sheriff was pretty funny.
    I actually thought he had been fakeclaiming. Yes, it made no sense, but in my haste of reading (because yes, the power outage was real, I don't make that kind of things up), I didn't really notice that it made no sense for him to be fakeclaiming... So yeah. Oops.

22. ISO #672

That's because you're completely heartless, obviously
    But seriously, pathos does work, and it works more than you'd think because human beings are not completely logical beings. I learnt that in Naz's game, and that's what I want to explore a bit in the next game (No, I'm not going to manipulate everyone with AtE lol). There's a reason logos is not the only part of rhethorics.

Your early pushing on everyone was really well played, btw. It pretty much started the fire; you just REALLY need to be careful to not start a "flaming fire", a.k.a. toxicity/dirty AtE and all, because that's just not fun or nice, and not only that, it's just not effective. People don't listen to players they don't like.

...And here I am giving tips to the winners when I just lost miserably, so I'll stop xD
    I'll leave the thread here for a bit if people want to discuss, since the post-game discussion seems to be alive.

23. ISO #673

24. ISO #674

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Did people actually accuse MM of being scum bc he had out of concrete game excuses for inactivity?
    For over 24 hours, yep, exactly. But I played badly when I came back anyway, so it's more my fault than theirs lol. Still though, if they hadn't jumped on me for having a power outage, I wouldn't have been pushed that much and might have had a chance.

25. ISO #675

although i will say, 2 sheriff bois with different bois seems a tad OP for the town. I think a more active scum team could of exploited that.
    If i was scum i would of followed Mags claim, claim the same and then use that to try and lynch Ozy.
    I had recommended to Blink to try it out. Trusting eachother yielded a 4/8 clear but getting to that level of trust was what we were skeptical about. I wasnt able to pay much attention but inactivity seemed to hurt mafia.. a counterclaim would have been ideal.

26. ISO #676

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I had recommended to Blink to try it out. Trusting eachother yielded a 4/8 clear but getting to that level of trust was what we were skeptical about. I wasnt able to pay much attention but inactivity seemed to hurt mafia.. a counterclaim would have been ideal.
    Yeah if i was scum i would of claimed cop on Efe and then back up Mags claim and go against Ozy using Balance reasoning as to why we wouldnt have 4 confirmed town.

27. ISO #677

Did people actually accuse MM of being scum bc he had out of concrete game excuses for inactivity?
    I think they really got buried when someone called out stealth for being in the thread multiple times without replying to anything and then suddenly he started posting again right when MM finally reappeared. It just made it a bit too obvious
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

28. ISO #678
    Ganelon

I think they really got buried when someone called out stealth for being in the thread multiple times without replying to anything and then suddenly he started posting again right when MM finally reappeared. It just made it a bit too obvious
    Lol I actually didn’t notice that

29. ISO #679

I mean the lack of a counterclaim until way too late made the 2 sheriffs reasonably trustworthy. At that point the only people not confirmed are huey yagami stealth and mm. Huey screamed town as soon as he came in, and many people were meta reading light as town, so it kind of leaves the scum team from simple process of elimination. I don't think it was just because mm was afk that he got on the chopping block, there just wasn't really anybody else to consider tbh
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

30. ISO #680

I mean the lack of a counterclaim until way too late made the 2 sheriffs reasonably trustworthy. At that point the only people not confirmed are huey yagami stealth and mm. Huey screamed town as soon as he came in, and many people were meta reading light as town, so it kind of leaves the scum team from simple process of elimination. I don't think it was just because mm was afk that he got on the chopping block, there just wasn't really anybody else to consider tbh
    I think a miracle could have been pulled off by utilizing their private chat. It'd only take one of them to claim cop to throw the town into disarray.

..or maybe not, who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

31. ISO #681

I think a miracle could have been pulled off by utilizing their private chat. It'd only take one of them to claim cop to throw the town into disarray.

..or maybe not, who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I do think if both mafia were active at the start of day things would have played out differently.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

32. ISO #682

Sorry guys that I havent been active in this game
    I had kinda a busy weekend and was unable to get on the computer for quite some time
    I now have internet again in this new home and am able to be online whenever im home

Imagine this setup had a Executioner with a Survivor as target lol

Can someone freaking explain to me how I became the most important person in the FM just with 2 posts?

AND HOW THE F WERE THOSE TWO POSTS A SCUMSLIP!?
    I Like Ice Cream

33. ISO #683

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    You goddamn troll ruined my plan

Im Citizen aswell and I counterclaim Citizen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    This guy already knows what I was planning lol
    All I wanted to do is freaking hardclaim Citizen before the goddamn Sheriff Claim!
    I Like Ice Cream

34. ISO #684

A god tier play as town in this game woulda been to fake claim Citizen as a lower role and hope scum claims they’re sheriff with a green check in you. That way it’s impossible for the TPR to be scum and you just lynch the sheriff claim.
    i really hope I didn’t just give Efe a really dumb idea
    You do know that when it comes to dumb ideas that I am already far far far ahead of you right?
    I Like Ice Cream

35. ISO #685

You and aamirus both stayed that Efe scumslipped and I don’t understand how anyone could think he did. My thought process when I read Efe’s posts is like this, it looks really weird and anti-town but he would do this as town since it’s just something he does. But, would he be as self-aware as to replicate his town meta as scum? And the answer is no. He isn’t. He’s not that good.
    Depends on the mood and the host tbh

Also I got lynched in one FM because I tried to become Dark Revenant with the postcounts that one time

fun times...
    I Like Ice Cream

36. ISO #686

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    I do think if both mafia were active at the start of day things would have played out differently.
    If MM was active, I think it's possible that Towns only hope would be Mag meta-reading MM.
    Because both scumreads on MM, one SoD one EoD, were done by Mag. While everyone else could just either agree with Mag or scumread MM for being inactive.
    Light did read them as having given up, but that's the same as for being inactive.

SB16's game would had been world's different with an active MM, especially since SB16 seems to love to teamplay as mafia? Got that impression from Mafia chat.

I honestly think Town would had likely lost if it wasn't for that power outage.

37. ISO #687
    Ganelon

Ah nah, I’d say you were more influential this game than I was, it was you who pushed Stwalth in the first place lol
    in any event, it’s very possible this game woulda played out very differently if the scum had actually been able to coordinate properly, or if indeed they had had time to participate at all.

From what I can gather MM didn’t realize I had claimed sheriff- or rather he thought I was trolling. I doubt he would’ve made the same mistake had he been able to play

I think that if they hadn’t claimed Sheriff/Citizen they could’ve turned this game around.

38. ISO #688
    Ganelon

I was really sad Efe wasn’t able to be there. I was hoping someone would try to scumpaint him, I would’ve defended him to the ends of the earth and woulda had fun doing it

39. ISO #689

40. ISO #690

41. ISO #691

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Thats Not True They Have Egg Beaters Now That Come In A Carton.. So You Can Make An Omelette Without Breaking Eggs..
    where do you think those came from?

FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

42. ISO #692

43. ISO #693

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Thats Not True They Have Egg Beaters Now That Come In A Carton.. So You Can Make An Omelette Without Breaking Eggs..
    where do you think those came from?
    Cartons. He just told you.

What have we become...

44. ISO #694

I actually doubt a miracle could've been pulled, because a Mafia would probably have been lynched. In a normal game, the teammate could have gained townpoints for lynching the dead scum, but not here.

45. ISO #695

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I actually doubt a miracle could've been pulled, because a Mafia would probably have been lynched. In a normal game, the teammate could have gained townpoints for lynching the dead scum, but not here.
    That's why in my opinion it's super important for both Mafia to be super active and do their best to appear townie and defend each other at all costs without making it look like they are scum. That's the whole point of this setup imo.

So for scum to win legitimately activity at all points during the game is strongly advised lol
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

46. ISO #696

That's why in my opinion it's super important for both Mafia to be super active and do their best to appear townie and defend each other at all costs without making it look like they are scum. That's the whole point of this setup imo.

So for scum to win legitimately activity at all points during the game is strongly advised lol
    I would like to do this setup again at some point, because its only a few days its a pretty quick set up and i think that if we have a game of active bois it can good fun, just sad MM had the big power outage.

47. ISO #697

I would like to do this setup again at some point, because its only a few days its a pretty quick set up and i think that if we have a game of active bois it can good fun, just sad MM had the big power outage.
    Agreed with both posts. Also, that's what you get for making me scum you heretic >=O

yes i do know it's RNG's fault

48. ISO #698

49. ISO #699

fuckin host meta.
    HOST META? WHERE?? WHERE?!?!!?!?!!? I WILL FIND THEM AND I WILL KILL THEM

AND NO I'M NOT MAFIA, I'LL KILL THEM WITH A GREEN BULLET

50. ISO #700