S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing) - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM Eternal Conflict (Off Queue Game Ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Disagree for three reasons:

1. Anyone who does hammer, in a 3-week game, without ever thinking to check the vote-count, is likely scum imo. They'll be the next day's yeet. Obviously, though, hammer is bad in Lylo/Mylo because of this.

2. Towns are generally fearful of hammers so this will prevent from everyone just piling on one guy and make sure we're all distributing the pressure and (hopefully) producing AI content.

3. I used to vote towards the end of day phases, but honestly now-days I think that just makes things worse as a town:

3a. If someone is voting X person, and their town-read of a town (me) is voting them, then they will be reassured about any doubts they may have.
    3b. It forces scum to take stances earlier on, and creates AI content about everyone.
    3c. The vote system is inherently a mechanic meant to help town for without it they cannot lynch/eliminate scum, IMO.
    I will also point out that it would really suck to be stuck in a 3 week day cycle if all the players are done talking and the lynch is set by D2. I bet that would kill a game.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #302

Grayswandir (2 [L-5]):
    Leto II, Marshmallow Marshall
    Hybrid Richard Dawkins (3 [L-4]):
    yzb25, Paul, Grayswandir
    Wiisp (2 [L-5]):
    Hybrid Richard Dawkins, Helz
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #303

Humans are making a mistake.
    Yes, there are posts like setup speculation and log game advise that offer good advice for towns folk. And assist town play.
    Yet the fools are using these helpful posts as a poor reasoning yo townread the poster

These sort of posts are extremely easy to make,which means it is very beneficial for scum to create these sort of posts.

Mix that with due to it being start of the day, and these posts are practically methods of introduction and first impression which we all know if a major factor when it comes to making a judgement on a character

So I warn people, and advise them to not value these posts when calculating a read as they, are at the very least non- alignment indication of not an actual scummy tool.

I also warn people about tryin to judge @Helz they will be playing the game by the book, and are a dangerous player if scum. Fortunately for everyone Helz has a vast library of guides and advice which I would certainly recommend anyone who is intending to get any true reading of Helz. As you can then use this to force out and exclud their play which is solely based on their ability that they have exposed.

4. ISO #304

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    An autocrat is you, Mr. God-Emperor :P
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autocrat

Grey is wrong, though: we don't have last wills. Plus, God's kill is theoretically instantanous, which means there is no need to say who you're targeting to avoid playing with the Vigilante: it's literally a smite out of nowhere. Claiming God before using the kill could be a good idea if you want to be confirmed by the kill, though.

By the way, Grey Swan, dir, why are you elaborating a mechanical way to play the game without reading the setup? :P
    I think I'm going to call MM town here. Not only he provides a valuable point/question here,

but I also don't think scum enters the thread by flip flopping their vote 2 minutes after the first one.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

5. ISO #305

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    imagine having suspicions on someone for literally weeks. Seeing someone's posts as manipulative / malicious is very painful normally. But now I'm in it I kinda realize this is gonna be more like "eh, I think this, this and this is bullshit" then that's it. It's not like you're not gonna be carrying that weight for weeks.
    Wait.. So what you thought was going to give you anxiety was scum reading another player?

I dont know if I have ever felt anxious over that. I actually feel some real relief when I feel like I have a scum pegged... What use to make me anxious is when I am the scum (or even a town) who is on the chopping block..

I am curious. Do others feel anxiety when seeing scummy behavior from other players? And do you feel that it matches this statement?
    Hi. I thought this would be like, anxiety-inducing af but now I'm in it I realize this is super chill if you have literally weeks to mull over reads and can just go awol for days and take a break lol. I'm reading thru the setup rn.

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    “And he sent him away to his house, saying, Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.”
    **Mark‬ *8:26‬ *
    Okay, I hate the ambiguity of this posting style. I can interpret this in two ways:

1. You're town-reading Gray here
    or
    2. You're saying to Gray that you think that Yzb25 is town here.

If it weren't for the post you make directly after this one I wouldn't be able to figure out its probably #1.

I hope there will be some content in the future that isn't "here is my read of this and them".
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

7. ISO #307

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Wait.. So what you thought was going to give you anxiety was scum reading another player?

I dont know if I have ever felt anxious over that. I actually feel some real relief when I feel like I have a scum pegged... What use to make me anxious is when I am the scum (or even a town) who is on the chopping block..

I am curious. Do others feel anxiety when seeing scummy behavior from other players? And do you feel that it matches this statement?
    I get anxiety and super paranoid about the possibility of being wrong.

8. ISO #308

9. ISO #309

10. ISO #310

I have absolutely no quarrel with anyone who wishes to lynch us because a part of me has no idea how to play Mafia and is acting just like themselves from the other roleplaying site we met on.
    If anyone is interested we come from a Sims roleplaying site that uses a heavily modded version of the game to roleplay, my partner tends to take the more neutral chaotic type of characters.

11. ISO #311

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Also, the major advantage with playing behind an anon account, if you seriously try to hide your CON and pretend you don’t know anyone, is that you’ll have substantially better reads. That’s not game related, it’s just an observation of mine.
    Could you explain or expand on this more?

From the way I interpret this it seems quite contradictory to you saying you're ganelon/magoroth/oberon and just outing an early meta read on Wiisp. As I presume pretending to be not-knowing means you don't use meta reads.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

12. ISO #312

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Richard Dawkins View Post
    I have absolutely no quarrel with anyone who wishes to lynch us because a part of me has no idea how to play Mafia and is acting just like themselves from the other roleplaying site we met on.
    If anyone is interested we come from a Sims roleplaying site that uses a heavily modded version of the game to roleplay, my partner tends to take the more neutral chaotic type of characters.
    You forgot about me

13. ISO #313

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Ok here it is, Grey I am getting Town read because he is not afraid to just call out scum reading someone for stupid shit. That is so Oberon town. MM I have a slight scum read on because he knows Oberon and his push on Oberon feels fake. And he knows that Oberon is LHF in most games.
    Personal take:

I don't really do "LHF" reads except for some select nuances. Because ideally, any caught wolf will become LHF because they got voted out.

Additionally, is he really LHF at this point of the game where people (such as myself) haven't visited the thread yet?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

14. ISO #314

@Hybrid Richard Dawkins
    @Grayswandir
    Do you guys realize you literally have 75 posts each in a 300 post game? The two of you are literally half the posts in the game.

You are going to make it absolute hell to sort information in this game if you keep this up. Its to the extreme a part of me is questioning if this is your intent.

15. ISO #315

@Hybrid Richard Dawkins
    @Grayswandir
    Do you guys realize you literally have 75 posts each in a 300 post game? The two of you are literally half the posts in the game.

You are going to make it absolute hell to sort information in this game if you keep this up. Its to the extreme a part of me is questioning if this is your intent.
    The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.

16. ISO #316

Could you explain or expand on this more?

From the way I interpret this it seems quite contradictory to you saying you're ganelon/magoroth/oberon and just outing an early meta read on Wiisp. As I presume pretending to be not-knowing means you don't use meta reads.
    I don’t think it works if ppl already know who you are.

17. ISO #317

MM also tried to suggest some off-hand comment from mag was a way of baiting god. So yeah, opportunistic.
    you said this shit like 30 posts in. You look like you're trying too hard to sound towny.
    Is it just me or is it ironic that Yzb25 says a post by MM about gray is opportunistic, and then soon later says something that feels opportunistic in a bad way?

Like, for the 2nd thing, its almost completely dismissive of a post about gray simply because the writer was "trying too hard to sound towny", and then leaves no comment about Gray with respect to the points brought up by Leto II that apparently look like a lot of effort was put into from his point of view.

It kinda feels like since both those posts are about gray, he's trying to defend him here a bit without confronting the issues directly.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

18. ISO #318

19. ISO #319

20. ISO #320

[vote]y2b[/vote @Helz
    i'll forgive for calling someone a wolf, and then choosing to give them time, because that is pretty idiotic, given we have 3 week phases
    still like your general attitude

someone called me town for giving advice on how to play long day phases, kinda weird?

going back to y2b simply because on reminder of his earlier comment, it really doesn't make sense

21. ISO #321

22. ISO #322

23. ISO #323

God doesn't exist, even though this site does.
    @AIVION Daysmite Hybrid Richard Dawkins

I do exist

24. ISO #324

25. ISO #325

26. ISO #326

27. ISO #327

Quote Originally Posted by Wiisp View Post
    [vote]y2b[/vote @Helz
    i'll forgive for calling someone a wolf, and then choosing to give them time, because that is pretty idiotic, given we have 3 week phases
    Apply pressure where it’s needed. I Don’t see my vote piling on adding any value. The players on this website know me well enough to know if I express willingness to lynch or vote I will follow through. I feel that players words hold more value in creating pressure than votes. Had a lot of conversation with Mattzed about that last game I played.

28. ISO #328

#BoobieSmite
    Any last words before you flip?

29. ISO #329

30. ISO #330

Personal take:

While this game may be themed around religious beliefs, I don't particularly care for them. Theist, atheist, or agnostic of any variety, I came here to try out a weeks-long day phase game of Forum Mafia. If I have anything concerning my religious or scientific beliefs I can do my own research or discuss them outside of the game. Now, I'm not saying you can't or should be forbidden to say or try to convince me otherwise, I'm just saying that it'll likely do no good / be ineffective and in addition might make your position in the game precarious for focusing on that instead of me as a player.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

31. ISO #331

Seems like someone is sending out the message that we should get back to science.

Yet they dare not push or question us, this leads us to believe they don't want us to reach the truth.

What could Wiisp wish to remain unknown?
    -vote Wiisp
    This makes your earlier vote more confusing.

someone we already have a read on.
    Are you voting for RP reasons here or because its a legitimate read you had disregarding any non-FM beliefs (which seems your past vote might've been but this current one is not)?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

32. ISO #332

33. ISO #333

I doubt someone will try to convert someone in this game. That would very obviously be inappropriate.

I wouldn’t worry about Richard, he will flip soon

34. ISO #334

pretty sure there was nothing AI about Richard attacking Pauls beliefs, he was just being a jerk, that's all it was
    Richard to me doesn't feel like they have TMI, but its still hard to say if he pushing actual thoughts, or grasping at straws to push maliciously
    as of right now, I am not currently interested in that slot, I just want him to keep up what he is doing

35. ISO #335

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungLyssa View Post
    I havent looked at my role yet, not sure if my other head has
    Just got vaccinated
    /vote yzb25

I fail to understand the reasoning that created this post.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #336

I fail to understand the reasoning that created this post.
    honestly me either, and its actually against most mafia sites, to post in the thread before you know your role or alignment, have no idea if it meant the latter as well
    @Helz
    uhhm ya, I will wait till its mod-confirmed before I assume anything
    but he did unvote, maybe that means something

37. ISO #337

I'm also a little unsettled by the drastic character change of wiisp after being voted from like, telling me to drink water and mind-melding with me about anxiety to declaring themselves one of the best players on the site and going hard aggro mode. If this is just a character trait and not some insane flipflop I'd appreciate input on that.
    I wouldn't read into it tbh.

Makes little sense to read into one player for reacting to other player(s) that're bringing in (mostly) off-topic stuff; that would be like judging them in comparison from a unusual FM environment to a normal one.

Besides, I think Wisp had a towny entrance for keeping it short, simple, and not really sticky to the game mechanics, among other reasons. I just don't think or feel like scum enters the game with that.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

38. ISO #338

I will be back tomorrow. If someone scumpaints me or tries to for ‘not being pushy’, I’m not always pushy and when I am its almost like random chance, I don’t know how to trigger it, sometimes I am, sometimes I’m not. Don’t blame me for playing this. I don’t always play aggressively, even though I wish I did, because I don’t always see the same things I see when I’m 100% focused and reading properly. I thought I knew how to trigger that, and tried to the at the beginning of the game by reading various posts over and over and over, but I just can’t always do it. Sometimes when it does happen its like a brief moment when I see something very clearly, like when SJ pointed out Wiisp’s posts, but it quickly fades.
    When both sole votes on Gray are from 50 posts in, him saying this 166 posts later looks weird.

Does anybody know oberon/ganelon/magoroth more than I do and does he sometimes do this as town?

The timing and context of this post feels weird to me. Like, I feel he must've looked the votes on him right then because I just skimmed the past 30 posts or so and there was nothing that was said negatively about him there.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #339

I doubt someone will try to convert someone in this game. That would very obviously be inappropriate.

I wouldn’t worry about Richard, he will flip soon
    What the hell did I miss and why are there 7 pages already
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

40. ISO #340

Personal take:

While this game may be themed around religious beliefs, I don't particularly care for them. Theist, atheist, or agnostic of any variety, I came here to try out a weeks-long day phase game of Forum Mafia. If I have anything concerning my religious or scientific beliefs I can do my own research or discuss them outside of the game. Now, I'm not saying you can't or should be forbidden to say or try to convince me otherwise, I'm just saying that it'll likely do no good / be ineffective and in addition might make your position in the game precarious for focusing on that instead of me as a player.
    I'll be back but... did people seriously preach? Also, I hope to God I'm not hoping to Helz by saying I'm hoping to God, because that'd be one early kill lol
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

41. ISO #341

Seems to me that a few players in this game hold their skill in high regard.

Anyone up for a little mini contest? We could PM the host our daily reads so people can't just cherry pick the times they were right post game for a bit of giggles and bragging rights : )
    Town on this. Anyone who cant figure that out is questionable.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

Whats with all the toxicity coming from your other head? Can he chill out?
    What's with quoting a post from page 3 and acting like it's new information?
    ???
    I’m reading back
    ?????

You're asking a player to "chill out" while reading back? They've might've already chilled out sooo.....?

Why are there quite a few "I (Martin) don't have an adequate explanation for this" posts so far?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

44. ISO #344

MM are you a wolf? also Hi my French friend, its nice to play with you again
    Yes, as you can see on my avatar :P
    Hi again!

Town on this. Anyone who cant figure that out is questionable.
    Who can't figure what out? Also, how is that towny? That just looks like a "reads accuracy contest" to me, which isn't exactly AI.

45. ISO #345

Handing out easy town cred as an informed scum may do because he knows I am town.
    You really don't know how Wiisp town-read you?

It's quite simply really, especially given the context of when he posted that you were town.

Well, I actually don't know for certainty why he town-read you but I'm fairly sure its the same reason I got from one of your posts.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

pretty sure there was nothing AI about Richard attacking Pauls beliefs, he was just being a jerk, that's all it was
    Richard to me doesn't feel like they have TMI, but its still hard to say if he pushing actual thoughts, or grasping at straws to push maliciously
    as of right now, I am not currently interested in that slot, I just want him to keep up what he is doing
    Well, I wanted to know if they had a legitimate scum-read of Paul or not. Sometimes, though I hate it, people do RP and just legitimately hunt at the same time and just dress their vote and pushes in a fancy manner.

I was wondering if they were viewing Paul as slightly or reasonably scummy as I am, or if they were just RVS'ing or RP'ing.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

48. ISO #348

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Who can't figure what out? Also, how is that towny? That just looks like a "reads accuracy contest" to me, which isn't exactly AI.
    I'll take my chances on it.

I think town's much more likely to say it than not.

If it were NAI then I would imagine both scum and town would talk about that more often.....unless you're saying that's NAI for Helz specifically?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

49. ISO #349

I think atm I'm at for my early reads (are these "early" reads?):

Town-leans
    Wiisp
    Helz
    Marshmallow Marshall

Null
    Leto II
    Richard
    S-FM Magoroth
    Samsung
    Bahkieh

Scum-leans
    Gray
    Dark Magician
    Paul
    Yzb25

Will be writing a short bit about them soon
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

50. ISO #350

I'll take my chances on it.

I think town's much more likely to say it than not.

If it were NAI then I would imagine both scum and town would talk about that more often.....unless you're saying that's NAI for Helz specifically?
    you get it, I like you, idk if its just a like, or a town lean like yet.
    but you certainly align with my way of thinking better than others though, that's for sure

MM goes down the list a little for his, "already 7 pages", comment, which I believe is more likely to come from wolves. Halz would be on the shit-list as well if not for their entrance and general tone which feels better.