S-FM 322: Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021 - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM Simple Forum Mafia - WINTER 2021

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Tbh, PR play is our win condition.
    At this point, any further information would only benefit the scum in their PR Hunt.
    Unlike other setups - in this setup it's not the Town who has to work for their win. It's the scum in their efforts to find our PR's. IF we choose to skip play.

Let's be honest here for s moment. Not even 200 posts and most of it is Fluff. Lucky for us this setup doesn't require us to be dependant on day play.

Get your vote back up or I slap you!
    Waiting On Happys Addition To The Game. Sorry For The Wrong Quote. Previously.

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    -vote naz
    for not being named Naz.

Lets make this the quickest Day 1 lynch on this site!

ALL VOTE WITH ME.
    - early town points IMO. Don't need to explain the read, but it's similar to tactics I use and other players use as town etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Id Laugh If We Did Do This Turbo Lynch On Naz And It Turned Out That Naz Was Mafia.
    - hard to tell if light is enjoying himself because he is mafia or not. I'm leaning town.

So Am I Saposta Lay Down The Final Vote Here Or Wait?
    - should have honestly and see what happened. I think this has partner equity btw. I also don't think if he flips town it makes light town btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Please dont
    -unvote
    Btw I think that Gray's posts have very little partner equity and have much higher town indication if naz flips town.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Bet you just choose them at your own will.
    No RNG in it.
    Magician's posts up to this point are silly to a point I think is not that genuine

-vote Dark Magician

Okay Thats Nice... Was Skip Part Of The RNG Process?
    No, but I did put myself in it

Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    this is also cringe
    i wish i could vote twice
    counter this with literally people randomly voted for you and you went with it and memed it. Mafia leaning IMO

Ahh, there goes my D1 plan. Nearly 24 hours are over and we are, I want to say, pre-RVS if there even is such a thing.
    Was looking forward to observing who is interested in what, or how people use me as a tool in what direction. Idea had the added benefit of knowing that when I would post something, there would be at least 1 who's interested in it.

-vote Frostbyte
    mafia leaning post IMO

For the record I think frostbyte is town

What To Yall Think About Happymeal? Happy Is Playing Radically Different Then The Last Game We Were In Together.

The Could Be Normal Citizen Or Mafia. From My POV.
    that game I rolled PR so i purposefully played open wolfing style. I'm just a normal VT this time so I'm chill with relaxing. You may counter with "you shouldn't reveal that because mafia will use it", but why not give mafia the chance to hit a PR night 1 and make it easy on them?

Well don't you think someone should be pushing him to be more active?
    -vote HappyMeal

Since you won’t do it.
    I mean here's my essential opinion of what I've read this game. Not many people have attempted to advance the game in a healthy manner IMO and as a byproduct, if anything, saying nothing is better than about 50% of the posts.

that's not mean to criticize the people's posts, but it is meant to criticize this vote and one of the many reasons why I think dark magician is more than likely mafia

ALSO, this is neither OMGUS nor like some out of my ass read. I had dark magician as hard town last game so there's plenty of evidence to show I'm actually thinking about my reads.

Honestly Feels Like Superjack And Frostbyte Team.

Based Off Current Vote Tallies..

However, To Avoid A Premature Skipping Of The Day. I Will Be Unvoting..

Although, It Is Still My Favored Option ATM..

-vote unvote
    high town indication. Light is likely town.

Town:

FrostByte
    Light
    Superjack

Null:

Grayswandir
    naz

Mafia:

OzyWho
    Dark Magician

Note: I don't remember many of frinkles' posts so I don't have him here. I recall most of them were memey posts that really did nothing to progress the game, but I would have to go back through them. For now he's null leaning mafia because if I don't remember your posts despite reading through them all, it's probably because the content is not good.

5. ISO #205

6. ISO #206

most of the posts day 1 thus far are pretty fluff. Some of them have Alignment indication (and they did add to my perspective on the game), but the joking posts or posts about medication were less important usually.

I doubt that certain players as partners would make the interactions they did.

For ex. Naz and jack seem unlikely to be partners or frostbyte and a few others, but I don't remember enough of them to be as comprehensive as I usually am, but I think the mafia lie somewhere between naz, DM, Ozzy, and (if not 2/3) gray is my essential thought process right now.

7. ISO #207

SJ does a RVS vote
    "Town points. Don't need to explain my read."

People don't want to hammer a random slot
    "Partner equity"

Random slot gets almost hammered at RVS
    "Must be scum"

Asking opinions about him
    -"I'm VT!"
    -appeals to self meta read.
    -"Why would I tell that? Well... why not make game easier for Scum?'

First person to give any read or idea to speak of
    "scum lean IMO"

A simple vote on him due to inactivity
    -OMGUS(debatably) vote
    -into "Others didn't do better!"
    -into AtE
    -into "I'm totally not OMGU'ing btw"

It's hard to believe that the guy is serious..
    50% a pile of hot garbage
    40% explaining himself, appealing to self meta, saying he's in no way worse than others, etc.
    10% list based on that pile of garbage.
    @Happymeal are you being serious?
    None of it makes any sense...

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

SJ does a RVS vote
    "Town points. Don't need to explain my read."

People don't want to hammer a random slot
    "Partner equity"

Random slot gets almost hammered at RVS
    "Must be scum"

Asking opinions about him
    -"I'm VT!"
    -appeals to self meta read.
    -"Why would I tell that? Well... why not make game easier for Scum?'

First person to give any read or idea to speak of
    "scum lean IMO"

A simple vote on him due to inactivity
    -OMGUS(debatably) vote
    -into "Others didn't do better!"
    -into AtE
    -into "I'm totally not OMGU'ing btw"

It's hard to believe that the guy is serious..
    50% a pile of hot garbage
    40% explaining himself, appealing to self meta, saying he's in no way worse than others, etc.
    10% list based on that pile of garbage.
    @Happymeal are you being serious?
    None of it makes any sense...

Mafia tend to (IMO) misrepresent the information town presents in order to get them looking bad or an easy way to coast by the game without actually trying such as this post here.

This is a similar example to the post I quoted in the sense I don't believe you're actually trying with your reads and the way you're playing the game, but only attempting to seem like you're town/trying to play in a town oriented manner. That is high mafia indication IMO.

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    What is UP with people claiming PR every single game and day
    also I’m still screaming internally
    and I’m not skipping, fuck that
    usually skip is ass but in this setup it might be good to not mislynch
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

15. ISO #215

@Frinckles @SuperJack @Grayswandir
    Is it me having difficulty respecting other people's opinions again, or is his post as bad as it looks to me?
    I'm trying to not be toxic here and respect it, honestly, but my god that post is ass...
    nah, happy looks like he's putting effort into scumhunting day1 and you're unnecessarily dismissing his work

yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1
    I'm kinda feeling like this tbh

16. ISO #216

I mean I’ll be Honest, if HappyMeal is going to be this Inactive I really hope he’s scum.
    damn the irony here is fucking supurb. you're usually lurky as fuck.

17. ISO #217

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    nah, happy looks like he's putting effort into scumhunting day1 and you're unnecessarily dismissing his work
    Thank you, I needed that. Now a flip to show that you're right and I'm ready to feel guilty and apologize.
    I'm surprised you say that he's scum hunting like it's a given tbh. I don't count it as a possible skip though, I think you're just forthcoming.

I'm kinda feeling like this tbh
    I can agree to that. This day lol. At least we out of RVS.

18. ISO #218

No, he's not unnecessarily dismissing my work (I mean he could be, but it's likely). It's way more likely he's just mafia acting in this way to either A. Coast by day 1 easily without doing much work or B. discrediting someone who is correct.

I will do what I did last game and not pursue him if my town reads don't want to (it works out often enough to execute as a strategy), but he's extremely scummy IMO.

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    No, he's not unnecessarily dismissing my work (I mean he could be, but it's likely). It's way more likely he's just mafia acting in this way to either A. Coast by day 1 easily without doing much work or B. discrediting someone who is correct.

I will do what I did last game and not pursue him if my town reads don't want to (it works out often enough to execute as a strategy), but he's extremely scummy IMO.
    as scum in the last game you were playing, I did exactly that. I discredited you because you were spot the fuck on in the early game.

22. ISO #222

as scum in the last game you were playing, I did exactly that. I discredited you because you were spot the fuck on in the early game.
    I told you guys who all the other PRs were. It's your fault you didn't kill martin or light last game TBH. You actually had the easiest game as mafia if you just listened to my PR list day 1

23. ISO #223

I told you guys who all the other PRs were. It's your fault you didn't kill martin or light last game TBH. You actually had the easiest game as mafia if you just listened to my PR list day 1
    I got a red check on martin the same day that gunner claimed sheriff. We knew light was killer but we figured he'd tunnel onto S-FM Mag.

But I'm town this game so don't give the scum your PR reads, ok?

24. ISO #224

I got a red check on martin the same day that gunner claimed sheriff. We knew light was killer but we figured he'd tunnel onto S-FM Mag.

But I'm town this game so don't give the scum your PR reads, ok?
    I mean the issue is, as far as I know, role flips give scum a huge disadvantage (not that it matters in a counterclaim contest) due to town being able to change strategy any time they want to. I actually get why sleeping is mechanically fine because you always know whether your cop got hit or not. While I still think you should lynch every day (because you don't need a cop to win or a medic, you just need good reads), sleeping isn't actually bad because scum can never fake claim a dead PR

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Its the same game with more streamlined mechanics. Unless you really, really like telling every worker what to do every turn on every tile. Sea tiles are complete shit though so I recommend modding them
    Civ 6 is the only Civ game I cannot play, not even on easy
    Districts are weird

29. ISO #229

Alright. Anyone voting skip will be high on the lynch list.
    Next time either Frinckles, Grey or Dark are active, you must vote someone for real.
    @SuperJack
    Stop being bad and be rational instead.

If you want to not go the PR route and decide the game on RVS whim, at least give the courtesy to give your input that anything that has happened thus far.

30. ISO #230

counter this with literally people randomly voted for you and you went with it and memed it. Mafia leaning IMO
    what does this even mean
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

31. ISO #231

ahhhh i have an errand to run after work today, but i will try to get a reads list posted at some point before eod, which i should be here for
    -vote skip
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

32. ISO #232

imagine someone makes a forum account called skip

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

So what or who inspired you to skip the day?
    I already said why you doofus:
    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Ok, fair, that was actually my thought process in the last game I played when I thought the game was 9 players (it was actually 11)
    this is the post that i am talking about

38. ISO #238

Oh temptation. Do I skip the day to prove what a terrible idea it is and act like an asshole.
    Or do I spend the day arguing why skipping is a bad choice.
    I can understand Dark Magician because they are fresh meat.
    I can understand Frinckles because they are a troll and unable to contribute anything meaningful.
    I can understand naz because they can't put any effort in.

But OzyWho. You have higher standards, and more experience and to see you not only voting to skip but also supporting anti-discussion. You should know that lynches and voting is key and power roles are worthless flavour to please the lesser beings.

Why would you push this approach, if it doesn't help the town. The simplest answer is that you are scum. And that is a better option than to skip.

-vote OzyWho
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

39. ISO #239

SuperJack. You have higher standards, and more experience, why would you rely on day game in a game that's barely out of RVS but who's setup allows for PR play?
    Why would you demand votes before giving the courtesy of giving your own thoughts and reads?
    Have your reads become so narrow that the only reads and ideas in your head revolve around who wants to skip and who doesn't? And you would honestly want to base a lynch off of that?
    Have you become so irrational that you can't see the setup nor the D1, and come to a basic conclusion that at the very least skip is a valid idea?
    Since when is @Frinckles a troll who is unable to contribute to anything?
    Only the dark side talks in absolutes. Have you even considered the probabilities? Have you even considered the pros and cons?

The discussion thing I agree with you. But there's a misunderstanding - the concern was around discussions that help the scum in their PR Hunt. Such as this.
    So, please, if you have anything constructive to say - say it. I do hope your thoughts are spread wider than just who wants or doesn't want to skip. Because if not then that proves the point that D1 lynch is a mistake.

For all intents and purposes, I had brought at least some ideas out there while you were only present at RVS and now this unhelpful discussion.

Please, discuss away. I won't stand in your way to discuss things. Just make it be on something useful and not something that helps scum in their PR Hunt.

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

SuperJack. You have higher standards, and more experience, why would you rely on day game in a game that's barely out of RVS but who's setup allows for PR play?
    Why would you demand votes before giving the courtesy of giving your own thoughts and reads?
    Have your reads become so narrow that the only reads and ideas in your head revolve around who wants to skip and who doesn't? And you would honestly want to base a lynch off of that?
    Have you become so irrational that you can't see the setup nor the D1, and come to a basic conclusion that at the very least skip is a valid idea?
    Since when is @Frinckles a troll who is unable to contribute to anything?
    Only the dark side talks in absolutes. Have you even considered the probabilities? Have you even considered the pros and cons?

The discussion thing I agree with you. But there's a misunderstanding - the concern was around discussions that help the scum in their PR Hunt. Such as this.
    So, please, if you have anything constructive to say - say it. I do hope your thoughts are spread wider than just who wants or doesn't want to skip. Because if not then that proves the point that D1 lynch is a mistake.

For all intents and purposes, I had brought at least some ideas out there while you were only present at RVS and now this unhelpful discussion.

Please, discuss away. I won't stand in your way to discuss things. Just make it be on something useful and not something that helps scum in their PR Hunt.
    Dear Mr Oswald Whobrey,

I fear your use of a sarcastic tone is clearly a defensive mechanism you are exerting due to my statement vigorously hitting the nail on the head.
    You clearly state that the game is out of RVS and continue to vote to skip, this is a clear sign that you cling on to hope some poor soul will end the day early.
    Concerning the power roles, you know they should never be held in such high refused and the town often dooms themselves to hell for relying on them which should be absolutely clear for you to have observed due to your service record. Allowing it to continue is a sure way of showing you are completely fine with the town having a disadvantage.
    As you have seen my first true vote came with reasoning and valid points, which is what I asked of other beings so your point on me not giving any reads is false, and my thoughts on people are already clear with Naz DM and Frinckles which eliminates your entire question.
    You then bring on the point that my reads are shallow which is an issue, yet it completely contradicts your stance that this game is hardly out of RVS which would mean that it is impossible to have a deep analytical read on a person's slot.

But to answer another of your question, if there is no other option or reasoning available I would gladly lynch someone who has voted to skip, whichever of the voters have and can contribute the least.
    I have you know this is my setup, and I know which is the best path to play so your absolutely poor attempt of trying to eliminate my opinion has been squashed via a humongous mallet.

Frinckles has shown to be poor this game, and my previous have not impressed me at all.
    Why are you defending Frinckles, are you trying to pocket them or are they your partner and you don't wish their position to lose any strength.
    Why question Frinckles and neither Dark Magician or Naz? All 3 of my comments are just as equally damning yet you favourite Frinckles?

If everyone played an optimum Citizen role and delved into debate and scum hunting there is 0 need for any power role speech.
    I even implore any power role to claim Citizen even if the are about t be lynched during this early game as any claims are further going to make it more difficult for the town.

Love U Oz. If you had to pick someone for a policy lynch, who would it be?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

Dear Mr Oswald Whobrey,

I fear your use of a sarcastic tone is clearly a defensive mechanism you are exerting due to my statement vigorously hitting the nail on the head.
    -There was nothing sarcastic in my post.
    -This whole post of yours reaks of a defensive mechanism itself.

You clearly state that the game is out of RVS and continue to vote to skip, this is a clear sign that you cling on to hope some poor soul will end the day early.
    -I clearly state that the game is barely out of RVS.
    -Enlighten me why would I "cling on to hope some poor sould will end the day early"? Please do. You make it seem like there was some pressure on me? Or if I was scum and the town was very productive? This statement of yours makes no sense.
    -What I hope and don't hope is anyone's guess. To attempt to guess is nothing short of like putting words in people's mouths. Could you link to a game when you've done that as Town as well?

Concerning the power roles, you know they should never be held in such high refused and the town often dooms themselves to hell for relying on them which should be absolutely clear for you to have observed due to your service record. Allowing it to continue is a sure way of showing you are completely fine with the town having a disadvantage.
    For the sake of argument, let's assume you're right - I'm scum and my "true" opinions are similar to yours.
    In that scenario - don't you think I would play differently as scum? I clearly wouldn't lose any sleep on towns day play, in fact I would encourage it. Certainly in such a scenario suggesting something anti-town would be the dumbest possible thing possible to do - literally offering yourself on a silve plater when town is doing absolutely nothing.

As you have seen my first true vote came with reasoning and valid points, which is what I asked of other beings so your point on me not giving any reads is false
    Your first vote was a RVS vote on naz "let's hammer naz SoD1!". What are you on about?

and my thoughts on people are already clear with Naz DM and Frinckles which eliminates your entire question.
    Ohh, yes. The "Frinckles is a troll and unable to contribute anything meaningful even though he represented us in the Championship for a reason."
    And the "Ozy is guilty for wanting to skip, even though others agree, even though he wasn't the one starting it, even though he wasn't the one first making arguments for it, even though he has other stuff unlike myself or the guy first encouraging it."
    You make it out that voting -skip is bad by me, yet clear the Championship player on the basis that he is useless player despite the fact that his only contribution has been to argue for voting skip - you know, the thing you think is purerly scummy?
    Talk about Cognitive Dissonance... You're full of it.

You then bring on the point that my reads are shallow which is an issue, yet it completely contradicts your stance that this game is hardly out of RVS which would mean that it is impossible to have a deep analytical read on a person's slot.
    Thanks again for putting words in my mouth.
    My point was that it's ridiculous by you to go after nothing else than "he wants to skip!", when that guy has brought out more ideas and reads than you yourself. Literally making yourself worse.

But to answer another of your question, if there is no other option or reasoning available I would gladly lynch someone who has voted to skip, whichever of the voters have and can contribute the least.
    Cool. Any actual reads this game? If no, then voting -skip is the better play.
    In general I would agree that -skip is bad. But this is not general. Look at the combination of this D1 and this Setup. Can you honestly say that basing a vote/lynch solely on "he wants to skip!" is the better play? Think this through.

I have you know this is my setup, and I know which is the best path to play so your absolutely poor attempt of trying to eliminate my opinion has been squashed via a humongous mallet.
    Appeal to Authority logical fallacy. Seriously? Be reasonable.

Frinckles has shown to be poor this game, and my previous have not impressed me at all.
    Why are you defending Frinckles, are you trying to pocket them or are they your partner and you don't wish their position to lose any strength.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth again, and presuming my scummy intentions.
    What i said about Frinckles wasn't to defend Frinckles, it was to highlight the ridiculousness in your statement. You haven't seen Frinckles play good. Cool. I have. I have seen him carry his teams hard.

Why question Frinckles and neither Dark Magician or Naz? All 3 of my comments are just as equally damning yet you favourite Frinckles?
    Dude, you called Frinckles a useless troll. As I said - I was pointing out the irrationality and ridiculousness of your "reads".

If everyone played an optimum Citizen role and delved into debate and scum hunting there is 0 need for any power role speech.
    And if I had infinite money I would be rich.
    And if my cat had wings she could fly.
    What does this hypothetical scenario have anything to do with this game?

I even implore any power role to claim Citizen even if the are about t be lynched during this early game as any claims are further going to make it more difficult for the town.
    Yeah, PR's. If you get lynched - get lynched.
    What the F?

Love U Oz. If you had to pick someone for a policy lynch, who would it be?
    Love you SJ, if you had any reads or ideas other than "they want to skip, they don't want to skip", what would it be?

I admire your desire to want this day to be productive and have a lynch out of said productiveness.
    I would want that too. Currently, that dream is not a reality. If this day ends up being productive by a miracle, I will prefer a lynch.

Problem is that you yourself are not doing anything to accomplish the said thing that you make out to desire.
    You should realize how useless this "he wants to skip" discussion in terms of hunting scums down.

Let's say this day had only, idk, 10 posts. Would you still prefer a lynch in this setup? If not, where would you draw the line?

But, please, don't come here making a fuss about how someone "doesn't make D1 be productive" - when you yourself don't and the person in question has done more than you. Don't be a hypocrite.

Regarding your question - I think the answer should be known to those who read this game. The yellow guy.

@aamirus
    thx for the quote break button

45. ISO #245

46. ISO #246

47. ISO #247

End of Day 1

We are not murderers.. Lynch is for bonobos..

There is no evidence! I think you could do much better than that!!

This is nonsense! We should all go back to our homes we will be safe. Mafia?? It is all rumours..

I never liked that person, this should be interesting if they get the rope!

I claim scum!

The town gathered and discussed all day and finally decided on sleeping for the day.

Skip Day (5 [L-0])SuperJack, Frinckles, naz, OzyWho, Dark Magician
    Grayswandir (1 [L-4]): FrostByte
    Dark Magician (1 [L-4]): Happymeal

Postcount & ISO
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/misc....posted&t=48101

48. ISO #248

49. ISO #249

Everybody wakes up to a beautiful day in this town after a good sleep.
    Upon entering the meeting room of town council, you see the same 8 other people from yesterday, it seems everyone is there.
    What is going on here?!?

Day 2

2 informed vs 7 uninformed alive.

Day 2 Ends

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

5 votes to hammer.

50. ISO #250

In the scenario where sheriff and doctor hit different targets - there'd be 4 out of 9 slots confirmed, 1 more tommorow guaranteed, 2 mislynches possible - it all adds up to having basically mechanically won. Math hard.
    In a scenario where they hit each other - only 2 out of 9 confirmed.
    The risk is great, imo. I'd prefer I think only the sheriff claim in case they got a red check, otherwise none.
    Opinions?
    @Grayswandir I never seen a game day pass where you haven't put forward any ideas, and also historically you're top poster as town bottom poster as scum. Any comments? What is your meta read on Frostbyte? I'm sure you have played with him before.