ban pit bulls - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ban pit bulls

1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: ban pit bulls

The slobbering shit beasts would just kill humanity by spreading disease.

If instead we just kill all the owners of them it would prevent the harm caused by people who give a creature with unfavorable genetics a chance.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #53

It comes down to the owner, and their ability to train and socialize the dog. Many German Shepherd owners do not have the ability to discipline and control a GSD, but they have them anyways. Personally, I do not see a purpose of a Pitt Bull over a GSD. My White German Shepherd is more terrifying to people who don't know that a pitbull is more dangerous, so there is the deterrence factor, my boy was highly trainable and was able to become any type of dog you needed him to be. Pitts require a strong owner with a lot of experience, but once trained properly they are just as safe as a GSD. Granted, most owners are not qualified to have a Pitt and raise it to be a fluffy teddy bear, because they get the Pitt for the opposite reason- to be intimidating. So you have a dog that needs, because of its genetic line, discipline, control and lots of socialization, but owners who are either afraid to socialize and train or want the Pitt to be mean and intimidating.

So I say again. There is nothing a Pitt does that a GSD cannot do, and there is a whole lot more a GSD is better for. Need a babysitter, GSDs will keep your kids busy for hours, but....once again, they need socialization and training. Neither of these dogs are for beginners but Pitts are for much more experienced owners and have less overall utility IMO.

If you just want a nice dog, Golden Retrievers or Labs are easy. As are most giant dogs like mastiffs. Personally, I with all my experience with dogs am more likely to be bit by a small dog than a Pitt.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    You guys realize there is a difference between Brad Pitt and pitbulls right?

Also damn @Drizzt hit "it's the owner not the breed" and "chihuahuas bite more people than pit bulls" in the same post, impressive.
    Why do you feel that outlining opposing arguments to your contention invalidates them? Calling people out for supporting the common positions you have stated in advance on a contentious subject does not mean that point is invalid imo..
    Last edited by Helz; September 5th, 2022 at 02:05 PM.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

Of course it doesn't mean their point is invalid. I'm pointing out common invalid/debunked points that pitbull shills use constantly because it's funny. Kinda like making fun of Trump supporters for the "muh emails" thing.
    I really don't think those are invalid or debunked points. The easiest of them would be that "chihuahuas bite more people than pit bulls."

Im sure I have been bitten by chihuahuas no less than 10 times in the last 2 years while I have not been bitten by a pit once and I am exposed to both breeds quite a bit.
    My personal belief on animal psychology is that initial aggression draws from anxiety. Taking information from reported bites doesn't work well when one dogs bite gets reported because it causes damage while another gets a band aid or some laughs.

I have a certain level of respect for chihuahuas because they are fiercely loyal and have no problem getting very aggressive towards people who are 20 times their size but they also do it when someone just comes into their area. I can make a video of the behavior of some of them in my neighborhood if you want an example but I very much do think they are a much more aggressive breed and depending on the metrics of attacks reported does not tell the story well when its damage that causes reporting. Its worth stating I do not think they are the only small breed this is a pattern for. We just tolerate aggression in small breeds because they dont cause damage.

To the point- If a lot of people make the same point there might be a reason. Calling it 'debunked/invalid' isnt fair imo. Although this entire line of thought does little to contribute to the subject of if pitt bulls should all die I feel like we should have consideration to commonly held arguments instead of declaring them invalid.

8. ISO #58

The chihuahua point is the most low-IQ pro shit bull point of all of them.

Nobody gives a fuck that a chihuahua is more aggressive than a pit bull because if a chihuahua bites your ankle you can just stomp it while shit beasts are purpose bred to fight to the death and they're big enough and have thick ass skulls so you pretty much can't do anything against one unless you have a weapon.

I bring it up because it's genuinely hilarious that people think it's an insightful and relevant point.
    Last edited by oops_ur_dead; September 12th, 2022 at 03:10 AM.

9. ISO #59

The chihuahua point is the most low-IQ pro shit bull point of all of them.

Nobody gives a fuck that a chihuahua is more aggressive than a pit bull because if a chihuahua bites your ankle you can just stomp it while shit beasts are purpose bred to fight to the death and they're big enough and have thick ass skulls so you pretty much can't do anything against one unless you have a weapon.

I bring it up because it's genuinely hilarious that people think it's an insightful and relevant point.
    I agree with you. The issue is less if a breed is aggressive and more if its both aggressive and dangerous.

But if someone flatly argues aggression independent of danger it holds bearing and in my opinion is very true.

I just feel like cutting back to points as invalid/debunked without anyone agreeing they are invalid/debunked is a way to invalidate an opposing view without talking about the material. Arguing elimination of a living thing based on its genetics without consideration to its behavior does hold parallels to racial genocide. The conversation also hits on the entire 'Nature vs Nurture' conversation where the conditioning of the animal must be considered and individual experience with the animals does have bearing on the subject.

It doesn't matter very much but there are a few things on your list that I feel have been the subject of conversation for a very valid and appropriate reason. You could break any large contentious subject down to its popular points and some will be baseless; but other commonly hold beliefs that are in opposition to how you view the subject are voiced for a reason.