Poisoner not killing Arsonist when he should have
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Poisoner not killing Arsonist when he should have

Recently I had a game where I poisoned an arsonist and he survived my poison. There was no way he could have survived that if the game's mechanics functioned as designed. Please read further.

Night 3, from the Arsonist's perspective, you can see he is Poisoned (Article 2). The last Doctor in the game, the only person that could have saved him from this, is already dead (Article 1).

The last remaining protective that could arguably have interfered with the poison was lynched during the day (Article 1) and wasn't even granted the chance to use an ability Night 4 (Article 2). There was no one remaining alive that had any means of protecting the Arson from my poison (Article 3).

The night ends, there is no poison message or survive message. It just goes thru to the next day. The timestamp to witness this on the replay is roughly 18:35.

It is also worth noting that the Interrogator DID die to poison Night 5. That may give the developers some insight on which mechanic is blocking the poison from killing Arsonist.

Attached is a replay for reference. Thank you for reading.

Poisonbug1.SC2Replay
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Last edited by Frinckles; December 28th, 2021 at 01:39 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Poisoner not killing Arsonist when he should have

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    Hmm I thought I found a bug but maybe just an inconsistency. I figured it out, the Bodyguard 10 protected 15 on Night 3.

Is Bodyguard intended to block Poisoner?
    We did consider making that a possibility, but I don't think it was implemented. I'll check later on. Thanks for the bug report.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶