Warcraft 3 Mafia Updates with v1.29 patch
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Warcraft 3 Mafia Updates with v1.29 patch

With patch 1.29 announcement to update the max player size of Warcraft 3 games from 12 to 24 made me think that the mafia games should update the size to probably 15 to match to SC2, or even more if you guys are ambitious.

I know that Warcraft 3 is a very old game, but I do see occasional mafia games being hosted pretty much every week, granted its not as popular as Starcraft 2. WC3 is probably gonna have a small surge of popularity once the patch goes live, and what's a better game to introduce a custom game with more than 12 players than Mafia?

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Warcraft 3 Mafia Updates with v1.29 patch

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    With patch 1.29 announcement to update the max player size of Warcraft 3 games from 12 to 24 made me think that the mafia games should update the size to probably 15 to match to SC2, or even more if you guys are ambitious.

I know that Warcraft 3 is a very old game, but I do see occasional mafia games being hosted pretty much every week, granted its not as popular as Starcraft 2. WC3 is probably gonna have a small surge of popularity once the patch goes live, and what's a better game to introduce a custom game with more than 12 players than Mafia?
    Thanks for info. Lobby size increased, now we can go play WC3 Mafia as well, as SC2 Mafia, even through many pepole moved to SC2.
    WC3 is an old game, but it's "Blizzard's Legendary Card", WC3 is still played by small auditory, many of them just either don't like SC2, either they're nostalgists.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

5. ISO #5

Omg, that exists?! Damn... I wish it was free to download, I'd go play it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Guy, there's a SC2 Mafia, WC3 is just same, just another models.
    New community, new meta, new playstyle, new experience.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Someone can tell me: what diffence between SC2 and WC3 mafia, except models?
    Community, yea, it's just a community, other?
    12 players, less roles, less customization, like you couldnt choose how many ammo a vig would have, and certain mechanics are different, like bus driver cant bus themselves, etc.

meta is different in general

much easier to cheat, and you can get away with it because no staff team to moderate the community, but hosts have the ability to kick out trolls in the game anyway

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Omg, that exists?! Damn... I wish it was free to download, I'd go play it
    There are many PvPgn servers, which don't require you to have an official copy of Warcraft 3. However, finding them (if there are any good still at all) and the install/patching/setting up server - that all might be a little troublesome.
    For example:

there is Iccup - a basically Russian Dota and SC:BW server. I wonder if it's still alive. At least for SC:BW it's the go-to place still I guess.

Garena, which is not a pvpgn server but something different - used to be the most popular place for Dota games. Way more than Official servers when it comes to the original Dota. But it was more than 10 years ago I was last there I doubt it's still alive.

Eurobattle.net - used to be a somewhat popular pvpgn server for Europeans. The fact that they still have installer and patches on their website could suggest that they still have players, but i doubt there are more than 50 for example. A wild guess, ofcourse.

W3Arena - today the best place to play Warcraft 3 Ladder. Official servser are way more laggy and low skill in comparison.

A year or two before SC2 was released - we had a Latvian private server. not more than 100-200 users probably. Small community. But like 90% of them didn't have official wc3 copy. It's the same for basically all the small private servers that were around back then.

I imagine some of these are warcraft 3 servers. Though I doubt any of them are still alive.

I never understood why SC2 didn't give the option to make private servers. Small communities are lovely imo.
    Though, we can be glad that SC2 servers are so good. For example, that private Korean SC:BW server that became official blizzard server after SC:BW was remastered - Koraens were angry why the fuck it got so laggy after Blizzard took it over. Unplayably laggy. Not sure if it ever was fixed.
    Last edited by OzyWho; February 25th, 2018 at 08:11 AM.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Hm, thank you for these informations! Basically it's near of impossible... Glory to Sc2 Mafia then!

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Heil sc2 mafia, above-average game in playground and still better than Dessert Desert Strike
    Lol it's not hard to be better than dessert strike... More like better than Parasite, it gives some merit to the thing lol.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Lol it's not hard to be better than dessert strike... More like better than Parasite, it gives some merit to the thing lol.
    LOL, then why desert strike is so popular?
    It's harder to be better, than BarCraft, than Game, with mechanics, that nobody fucking understand Parasite. Also North Korean SLD is not bad too.
    Mafia is a good game, a bit better, than Chinese rip-off of "Bang" BarCraft.
    I sticked to Mafia recently, good game!
    Last edited by Arsonist; February 26th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

20. ISO #20

LOL, then why desert strike is so popular?
    It's harder to be better, than BarCraft, than Game, with mechanics, that nobody fucking understand Parasite. Also North Korean SLD is not bad too.
    Mafia is a good game, a bit better, than Chinese rip-off of "Bang" BarCraft.
    I sticked to Mafia recently, good game!
    If you can't understand parasite just be nice and ask, OR run in a black hole.