User Tag List

1. ISO #1

you: 1-S2-1-1494448

Account Name: you
    Account ID: 1-S2-1494448
    In-Game Name:

Crimes Committed: Bank Hacking

Your Account Name: NeverUnlucky
    Summary: In this thread, 'you' posts a replay of a hacker he was reporting. In it, you can see that he has 17k points in just under 800 games played (From Everyone's point of view, at 9:55, the 'Help' screen shows up.). The replay was posted on August 29th, so it is fairly recent.
    For the replay, check the thread I linked. It is in post #5.

[Hotkey 6 -- 2:56 -> Help screen with everyone's points shows up.] Now, less than a month later, he has magically earned an additional 22k points in around 170 games, and he is not a benefactor/donor/patron. 39k points in 960 games is impossible to obtain legitimately. There is also "xing" who appears to have a hacked bank as well, but he followed my recommandation to ask for a point restore, so I don't think he should be punished for it. He does not abuse of his hacked bank like "you" does, and he reported himself to the mod team.

you has had this hacked bank for around 3 weeks now and he still hasn't been pointbanned.

Replay:2BankHackers.SC2Replay
    Screenshot of the September replay with the hacked banks: YouandXingHackedBanks.png
    Screenshot of the August replay:youBankAugust.png
    Last edited by Lysergic; October 5th, 2016 at 04:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

2. ISO #2

Re: you: 1-S2-1-1494448

1-S2-1-908642 (xing) is hacked, in line with the hackers who were modifying banks a while back. That bank is addressed in the linked thread above (linked here again for convenience).

1-S2-1-1494448 is hacked. This does not appear to be the work of those same hackers; this is intentional, and work has been done to make it appear legitimate in terms of points/wins/games played, but internally it is a pretty obvious hack job. Recommend point ban.

All other users in attached replay have legitimate / restored banks.

EDIT:

I did not see this thread when I originally searched his ID. It looks like quite a few other users had their banks tampered with in a similar fashion, so this is potentially the work of the same hackers.

I see as per that thread that Arrow has already flagged this user with a warning to get his bank restored. Since he has not done so, I'm not sure how Arrow wants to proceed on this.
    Last edited by Lysergic; October 5th, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

The problem is that xing actually filed for a point restoration, acknowledging that his bank file is corrupted while you is taking advantage of his hacked bank to troll lobbies and has not asked to get his bank restored despite having it for roughly two months. I think the 4x WL should be accompanied with a mandatory legitimate point restore. A pointban does not sound extreme to me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    The problem is that xing actually filed for a point restoration, acknowledging that his bank file is corrupted while you is taking advantage of his hacked bank to troll lobbies and has not asked to get his bank restored despite having it for roughly two months. I think the 4x WL should be accompanied with a mandatory legitimate point restore. A pointban does not sound extreme to me either.
    @Never Unlucky , we appreciate your input, but if you have evidence of xing breaking Mafia rules, please file another report to that effect with a replay showing the problematic behavior. Specifically, I'm not sure how having a hacked bank would allow him to troll lobbies (any more than he would be able to otherwise)? As you know, we don't punish players merely for trolling (without something further going on). In addition, it took us some time to resolve the hacking issues, which we would not want to hold against players affected by it.
    Last edited by DarknessB; October 12th, 2016 at 05:25 PM.

7. ISO #7

As of 1 Nov 2016, the player you is still running around with a hacked bank.

I read this report a while ago and I misread the conclusion thinking that the player you will have his original bank restored, which was why I was wondering why his points haven't been reset yet even though it's been weeks.

Although the rampant hacking a while back is by no means the fault of those who gained from it, the problem remains that their points were not legitimately earned. In my opinion, these players should either take the initiative to own up (such as xing), or be treated as normal bankhackers when reported and pointbanned accordingly. The latter because those players know they did not legitimately earn the hacked points, but deliberately chose to hide that fact to retain them... Shamelessly using the privileges that come with the points, as it were. They are fully aware of what they're really doing, every single time they -prefer or write with coloured text, so they cannot plead ignorance.

Alternatively, a less extreme approach to the problem would be Never Unlucky's: applications for bank restores could be made mandatory for those affected in the rampant hacking given a comfortable time window, or face a point ban. A second chance for them to man up and do the right thing, so to speak.

Allowing these players to retain their ill-gotten points (through no fault of their own) will only be a slap in the face for those who play legitimately, as well as the other players affected by the hacking who have displayed the moral integrity to own up and discard their points and privileges.

TL;DR: Kind of unfair to xing if you doesn't get his points reset too, isn't it?

Moreover, just a question I wanted to raise: how do you know the hacker isn't currently playing the game using a "legitimate" smurf, with over 20k points that he used his hacking account to give himself during the rampant hacking? We don't. So restore all the points back to normal (which is only fair to all other parties) and the hacker doesn't get to gain anything from the whole episode. He cannot hide behind an innocent victim smurf and claim that he got his 20k from some crazy hacker.

Restore banks to normal for those who apply, pointban those who refuse, and all loose ends will be tied up.
    Last edited by Exeter350; October 31st, 2016 at 09:43 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

8. ISO #8

Thank you for the well-reasoned post.

We have been at a bit of a crossroads with what to do with these people, but I agree, letting them keep points is unfair. It's worth noting that resetting Xing's points was actually an accident(he got them all back in the point restore), but the fact is I've been considering a pointban for some time. I think plenty of warning has been given at this point, and will be processing pointbans out by the end of the week for these players.

It's worth noting that should they later file for a point restore, we WILL give it to them, minus the hacked points, of course.

9. ISO #9

@Exeter350 (and everyone else), please report any hacked banks that you see and we will review them fresh as well. I.e. it's possible that they are new hacked banks (post-hacker point giveaways) or they were players affected by the hackers, but whom had not previously been reported, in which case, we'll want to flag their accounts as well.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I can tell you that I don't know! And that my points and save were once gone at one time and then 2 mods/admin helped me get it back but I had to join a game. But when they were doing the restore I got disconnected and when I reconnected the next day I had my -prefer back or golden hat so I didn't really ask them to finish the restore because that was all I wanted back in the first place. Now its gone again.

Give me -prefer so I can pwn the noobs secretly "you" know what im say
    Last edited by mafiaplayer123; November 8th, 2016 at 09:58 AM.

18. ISO #18

Too bad none of the mod staff plays frequently enough to know the general plights of the serf. You isn't a bank hacker, this is all pretty stupid. Y'all nigs know there was that hacker that gave out a shit ton of points to everyone. Again i can prolly find the replay where it happens.
    RIDE OR CRY

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Too bad none of the mod staff plays frequently enough to know the general plights of the serf. You isn't a bank hacker, this is all pretty stupid. Y'all nigs know there was that hacker generous person that gave out a shit ton of points to everyone. Again i can prolly find the replay where it happens.
    Can confirm, dat generous person is me

Oh shit waddup
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    @mafiaplayer123 , to cut to the chase, our records show that you had 17,713 Points as of September 1 but somehow rose to 37,930 Points by September 5 -- i.e. in four days, you somehow accumulated over 20,000 Points. Can you please explain this discrepancy?
    Look, it's pretty obvious this is the explanation. @mafiaplayer123 had the misfortune of being in games with hackers and they jacked up his points up by 20,000 or so between September 1 and September 5. If @mafiaplayer123 (or someone else) can provide us with a replay before this all happened, we can get his points restored. I'm not sure what other discussion needs to take place.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    I found this replay from August 16, 2016.

you: 15721 points, 340 Victories, 642 Games Played.

I don't think you ever had 20k points (before his bank got hacked).

you points.SC2Replay

Screenshot2016-11-17 01_01_50.jpg
    This is consistent with our records, and we could restore you to these stats if you want. Please note that our records do not suggest you having any more than ~18,000 points legitimately (i.e. before the hackers started rapidly adding 20k to your bank b/w 9/4 and 9/7).
    Last edited by DarknessB; November 16th, 2016 at 05:16 PM.

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    This is consistent with our records, and we could restore you to these stats if you want. Please note that our records do not suggest you having any more than ~18,000 points legitimately (i.e. before the hackers started rapidly adding 20k to your bank b/w 9/4 and 9/7).
    if 18k points will give me back my -prefer do it. If not, I'm going to have to say that replay is 2,000 years old and I've been playing forever and deserve my -prefer and still playing without earning any points even though it is saying I have earned 10 points or so every game. So lets say I play 10 games a day and that is 100 points added every day since then. How do I get this point back? Do I have to join a game with a mod like last time? If so, whose the mod I'm always playing but nobody is giving me my points back. It would be great if once I play again it's restored.......................................... ........................... you know what im say i kill you n1 if you did it with a death note you know what im say!

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by mafiaplayer123 View Post
    if 18k points will give me back my -prefer do it. If not, I'm going to have to say that replay is 2,000 years old and I've been playing forever and deserve my -prefer and still playing without earning any points even though it is saying I have earned 10 points or so every game. So lets say I play 10 games a day and that is 100 points added every day since then. How do I get this point back? Do I have to join a game with a mod like last time? If so, whose the mod I'm always playing but nobody is giving me my points back. It would be great if once I play again it's restored.......................................... ........................... you know what im say i kill you n1 if you did it with a death note you know what im say!
    Prefer requires 20,000 points so unfortunately, you would not have -prefer with the 15,721 point replay that has been posted above by Veri. With some moderate play, however, you could fairly easily get the 4,000 or so points required to unlock it again.

What I am not understanding is that before September 4, we have no record of you having over 20,000 points / access to prefer -- i.e. from our records, it appears that you only unlocked prefer after the suspicious 20,000 point increase that occurred sometimes between September 4 and September 7. I understand your desire to have -prefer and your frustration about this process, but we can only restore your bank based on the records that we have.

In order to restore you to the 15,721 point total above (or some other total which you have a replay to prove), you would join a game with an in-game admin who would be able to add the points to your bank. And unfortunately, we cannot give you points for the time you were pointbanned (again without proof of you having earned those points), but given these exigent circumstances, we can confer internally and perhaps give you a little more than your verified total (15,721 or otherwise), in recognition of your patience in resolving this process.
    Last edited by DarknessB; November 18th, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

26. ISO #26

Approved For:

Games: 845
    Wins: 362

Achievements
    Epic Fail
    Happily Ever After
    Flawless Victory
    Divine Guidance
    Last of Kin
    State Religion
    Suicide Hotline
    Disco Inferno
    Hoist by His Own Molotov
    Corleone
    Obviously Evil
    Mission Failed
    A For Effort
    Last edited by SuperJack; November 18th, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

27. ISO #27