S-FM 348: Standoff - Page 8
Register

User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

2. ISO #352

Re: S-FM 348: Standoff

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Thanks, didn't quite get the last sentence though.

Are you saying you do want to give PoD time or that you usually would in a larger game but this game is an exception because lylo is tomorrow if we miselim?
    The latter.

I'm going to go through my ISOs again, and reconfirm who I think we should lynch (it's between loldebite, miz, and pod)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #353

4. ISO #354

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    MM is doing everything he can to derail the case on Lold, gaslight me as much as he possibly can, tried to form a counterwagons toward towny people like Mizery. I don't know how people are not voting MM here.
    Currently ISOing MM now and I think he's probably just a villager so far. I don't agree with all his pushes but I do believe that he believes in them. There's a depth in his solving this game and he's frequently reevaluating his takes whereas his reads as a wolf seem much less fleshed out and static.

I'll also admit to being in a similar boat to him wrt most of my reads rn being pretty close to null in spite of all the time I've spent ISOing lol.

But yes, if Deb flips wolf I'd look at him again much more carefully. For now though, my ISO on MM isn't finished but I'd be much more likely to consider a Deb vote than a MM one.

8. ISO #358

9. ISO #359

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    How is this NAI? I guess I should've been more explicit in my reasoning: how does one know we're winning as town right now? Basically everyone is in various shades of yellow in my mind (although it's getting clearer atm, like with POD), so this statement feels VASTLY out of place and screams TMI. I could understand it if Mizery had super clear-cut reads in which she had great certainty (in which case I would be impressed), but that does not seem to be the case.

for reference, here's the post:
    They don't know it they probably just feel confident enough to where they feel like town is winning.

To respond to your next bit I do share the scumread on Mizery for the time being, yes, if you read my read list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

10. ISO #360

11. ISO #361

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ...actually, LYLO is literally tomorrow if we mislynch today

-vote powerofdeath

My scumread on Mizery still stands and is actually stronger now, assuming POD flips scum
    What are you on about? Currently as it stands we are in a 6 v 2 scenario

If we mislynch today, one mafia night kill (assuming mafia doesn't have a second killing ability), and you're in a 4v2 scenario. If you don't lynch tomorrow then it's now a 3v2 and then you're in a LYLO scenario
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

12. ISO #362

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post

If we mislynch today, one mafia night kill (assuming mafia doesn't have a second killing ability), and you're in a 4v2 scenario. If you don't lynch tomorrow then it's now a 3v2 and then you're in a LYLO scenario
    The only way MM is correct and it turns to LYLO tomorrow is if there's a second mafia killing role, and based off of what he said it sounds like he *knows* that there is a second killing role.

13. ISO #363

Not one for picking apart semantics but I wanted to ask about this.

Why add "when I'm town"? You've apparently never been mafia prior to this game, only a serial killer. Did you not do this as a SK? Most people play similarly as SK to how they do as town so that's not what I'd typically expect. Or what else did you mean by the wording?
    I specified that because if you're scum then there is a very simple reason why everyone seems to think differently than you do : you don't have the same goal nor the same information.

14. ISO #364

15. ISO #365

The only way MM is correct and it turns to LYLO tomorrow is if there's a second mafia killing role, and based off of what he said it sounds like he *knows* that there is a second killing role.
    Very unlikely mafia have a second killing role but pretty likely town has a chemist imo.

But regardless, lylo is commonly used to refer to both lylo and mylo situations (you can see me using it later too) so it's just a semantics thing. Either way, town gets no more wrong kills.

16. ISO #366

17. ISO #367

18. ISO #368

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Why is MM out of here ? In your last readslist to date he was below PoD
    I have an incredibly hard time reading MM, he bamboozled me so hard in the spirits game I think it permanently damaged my ability to read him.

I'm relying pretty much entirely on other people to read him, but I'll also look at him from an objective pro-town/anti-town standpoint
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

19. ISO #369

They don't know it they probably just feel confident enough to where they feel like town is winning.

To respond to your next bit I do share the scumread on Mizery for the time being, yes, if you read my read list.
    Even just assuming it is just a sudden burst of confidence from Mizery, it doesn't fit with her general level of confidence when it comes to her reads; it's a dissonance. I am still not convinced it isn't just straight up TMI, though, and if I'm right and she's scum with POD, it would make sense, considering POD is being pushed (in which case town is actually winning).

As for your scumread on Mizery, I'm more interested in your reasons than just in the statement of it, if that wasn't clear.

I guess the more accurate term is MYLO, that is true; iirc, people in my last games used LYLO to refer to any situations where mislynching = losing, hence my use of it. It doesn't really matter, though, considering the idea remains (having a controversial slot creates doubt that scum can and will exploit, no matter what that slot's alignment actually is). Is there something I'm missing?
    -____- I am almost insulted that you think I would make such a dumb mistake if I were scum lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

20. ISO #370

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    MM is doing everything he can to derail the case on Lold, gaslight me as much as he possibly can, tried to form a counterwagons toward towny people like Mizery. I don't know how people are not voting MM here.
    What case, though? Your vote on him was literally "I feel he's looking down on me" lol. If you do have an actual case in mind, lay it out instead of vaguely referring to it.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

21. ISO #371

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    I have an incredibly hard time reading MM, he bamboozled me so hard in the spirits game I think it permanently damaged my ability to read him.

I'm relying pretty much entirely on other people to read him, but I'll also look at him from an objective pro-town/anti-town standpoint
    Ah yes, another game I legit have no memory of anymore lmao. At this point, though, I feel like I've been present enough for you to have some kind of opinion about me, so I expect not to be carefully treated like some kind of hot potato by you just because I pushed you early on. I guess we'll see on D2, though.

22. ISO #372

Heads up as we are approaching EoD to please be wary of any mafia roles that could mess up your night actions before you submit.

Pretty sure Janitor, Bartender and Tailor are the only roles that shouldn't submit as town, everything else should be overall beneficial if used wisely and shouldn't holster.

23. ISO #373

okay going through pod's ISO rn.

It's so strange that Varcron is his top town read, like, I get him being a town read, but at the same time, like, why not ika, who is the most obvious town I've ever seen. Or vittae, who's more or less taken up the role of town leader? also I'm not sure I get the whole pocket thing he was going on with lodebite, a swithced vote based off a perceived "gotchya" = a pocket?
    I do like the whole poking of other people via voting, I don't like how it switches back to loldebite trying to avoid an omgus?
    I do like pod reaction to MM's pressure
    suggesting lold and MM as a team? eeeehhhhhhhhh lemmie look at their ISOs and get back to you on that.
    fucketh me in the ass

24. ISO #374

Missed this, sorry.

I thought Deb's reaction [about his earlier paranoia] was towny as a snap judgment but I have very mixed opinions on the slot atm. They're another player I'm going through shortly.
    After seeing how he went through his reasoning, I'm leaning towards him being town more than scum, even though I'm still unsure; he looked genuine enough, but what scares me is that he could be genuinely overestimating how much people wanted him dead while being scum. Considering POD/Mizery, though, that's probably even less likely now.

About interactions between Debbie and POD in your previous post: this definetly will be something to look into when one of them flips.

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

Currently ISOing MM now and I think he's probably just a villager so far. I don't agree with all his pushes but I do believe that he believes in them. There's a depth in his solving this game and he's frequently reevaluating his takes whereas his reads as a wolf seem much less fleshed out and static.

I'll also admit to being in a similar boat to him wrt most of my reads rn being pretty close to null in spite of all the time I've spent ISOing lol.

But yes, if Deb flips wolf I'd look at him again much more carefully. For now though, my ISO on MM isn't finished but I'd be much more likely to consider a Deb vote than a MM one.
    I'm starting to get a little pissed at all those "if debbie flips scum" comments. So I'll take it on me to compensate :
    If MM flips scum pod looks much better IMO
    If pod flips scum then mizery looks better (because of #194) and vittae worse for the same reason
    If Mizery flips scum then PoD is mostly cleared, again because of #194)
    When I flip town MM will get free towncred (omg Paranoie back at it again !) !!!

As it stands now I'm voting PoD if we do decide the lynch is better today

27. ISO #377

28. ISO #378

I see. I feel you (also, fuck sb)

29. ISO #379

30. ISO #380

31. ISO #381

32. ISO #382

33. ISO #383

@deathworlds mind giving me your account name in this game? https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-307-KRC-AGAIN!
    ZKL3DJ

big pink posts
    fucketh me in the ass

34. ISO #384

35. ISO #385

36. ISO #386

going through miz's iso
    I don't like how I was put near the bottom of her reads list
    also, going further into her reasoning regarding my scum read, why should I care that much that my top town reads thinks I'm town? that gains me very little in terms of info, I'd much rather focus my energy into my null and scum reads, whilst putting my town reads in a box and not waste precious brain juice on them.
    I do like the immediate vote of her top scum read.
    so in miz's universe, the scum list is one of the following:
    pod/varcron
    pod/me
    loldebite/varcron
    loldebite/me
    I'm not so hot on any of these lists tbh. varcron is a town lean for me, and I'm not scum.
    oh yeah the cit claim, after it was said that the scummiest people should claim last, that's real goofy of you mizery, you're def not a top town read here.
    Mizery's breakdown of MM's reads is kinda goofy. All except your most confident of town reads should be "pending" need to learn how to put town into boxes so you don't waste brain juice on them.
    then scum reading MM more. based off a perceived goofy reads list, and an omgus vote that I think I missed?

overall mizery is pretty goofy, and I don't like any of her scenario's for scum teams.
    fucketh me in the ass

37. ISO #387

going through miz's iso
    I don't like how I was put near the bottom of her reads list
    also, going further into her reasoning regarding my scum read, why should I care that much that my top town reads thinks I'm town? that gains me very little in terms of info, I'd much rather focus my energy into my null and scum reads, whilst putting my town reads in a box and not waste precious brain juice on them.
    I do like the immediate vote of her top scum read.
    so in miz's universe, the scum list is one of the following:
    pod/varcron
    pod/me
    loldebite/varcron
    loldebite/me
    I'm not so hot on any of these lists tbh. varcron is a town lean for me, and I'm not scum.
    oh yeah the cit claim, after it was said that the scummiest people should claim last, that's real goofy of you mizery, you're def not a top town read here.
    Mizery's breakdown of MM's reads is kinda goofy. All except your most confident of town reads should be "pending" need to learn how to put town into boxes so you don't waste brain juice on them.
    then scum reading MM more. based off a perceived goofy reads list, and an omgus vote that I think I missed?

overall mizery is pretty goofy, and I don't like any of her scenario's for scum teams.
    My brain is firing towards either a MM or Mizery lynch. I still don't really like Loldebite but I think they've dug themselves a bit out of the hole they were in previously in my eyes. My only pause is that I have a feeling PoD could be pocketting me.

38. ISO #388

Death/Miz have high w/w potential based on Death's read list post.

Will look at it more bit taking a short break. Interested what other people think of that interaction though as Death is handling Miz extremely differently to every other player and seems hyperaware of small things she's done that I wouldn't expect most villagers to be aware of about another villager.

39. ISO #389

I do think there is a scum between MM/PoD and I also think there's a scum in Loldebite/Mizery tbh

Ikarus is town in every case, same with deathworlds imo. Vittae after reading more of their posts I like quite a lot too.

40. ISO #390

Interesting. So I strike you as the sort of player who would do that coming out of D1? How would I benefit from bussing PoD while I'm already townread?
    In the context where you're new to the site & PoD is a returning player, yes I think you'd both agree that this is a viable strategy if PoD gets flak near EoD. Which he is I think your initial vote would then be used as basically extra cred at little to no cost.

Wait. You never actually unvoted them. I was convinced you had at one point. This all seems much less plausible now, bussing THAT hard on D1 is a bit much. Too bad, I liked the idea.

41. ISO #391

going through MM's posts in order+1 is pro town -1 is not pro-town 0 is NAI
    0 -RVS
    +1 - prompting other players
    0 - nothingburger post
    +1 - analyzing early game mizery and saying "hey contribute more"
    0 - some nothingburger responses, and criticizing my setup speculation, SAD!
    0 - debate regarding the merit of setup speculation (it's FINE MM) and some coaching of ikar
    +1 - pointing out that objectively in a vacuum, loldebite's setup solving is better than my setup speculation.
    -1 - more coaching of ikar, saying varcron's response was dogwater then refusing to elaborate until later
    0 - nothingburger post
    0 - nothingburger post
    +1 - critiquing PoD's reads
    +1 - going further into the percieved gotchya

I don't have time to continue my point by point iso right now, except for the nothingburger posts, I think I like MM here
    fucketh me in the ass

42. ISO #392

going through miz's posts, i don't think I like her significantly any more or less than I did before

just wanted to clarify that
    fucketh me in the ass

43. ISO #393

44. ISO #394

45. ISO #395

46. ISO #396

47. ISO #397

48. ISO #398

-vote Deathworlds

I think this is a hit actually.
    You what?
    fucketh me in the ass

49. ISO #399

Nonono i am not going to be chinese fire drilled right when I'm about to go to work
    fucketh me in the ass

50. ISO #400

-vote Deathworlds

I think this is a hit actually.
    Explain yourself
    fucketh me in the ass