S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER] - Page 17
Register

User Tag List

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #801

Re: S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER]

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, Oberon could still be mafia. There's a mafia journalist role available. And the role card says that host can shut shit down if journalist is trying to confirm themselves.
    That would be the case except nobody has cc'd tpr1 which makes him tpr1

Which makes him town
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

2. ISO #802

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I explained why I wanted to vote Mike. I didn't have any interest in voting Oberon, mesk, Matt, fb or helz

Which left you and Mike

And I stated that I didn't want to lynch afks so I went with Mike.
    In fact I'd be inclined to vote you if I didn't have to fight a tpr over it
    But you haven't justified any of those reads minus the Mesk one (you're trusting her meta cit claim), have you? If you did, bring quotes, please. You're appealing to a PoE, but never justified the townreads on those who aren't in it; your ISO is full of statements of people being towny or scummy, but reasonings are literally not there.
    -vote Frinckles
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #803

That would be the case except nobody has cc'd tpr1 which makes him tpr1

Which makes him town
    That is correct (and it's why I asked about people confirming they aren't CCing). The point of journalist is mainly to be confirmable, and what's forbidden is to privately confirm to a single player, if I'm not mistaken.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #804

Unless I'm missing something, Oberon could still be mafia. There's a mafia journalist role available. And the role card says that host can shut shit down if journalist is trying to confirm themselves.
    This is good towny paranoia, btw. Of course, it's easy to say for scum, but being afraid to give a free pass to a scum is a legitimate concern.

5. ISO #805

6. ISO #806

Also @MattZed can you please give us a list of reads? Yesterday, you seemed to be picking lynches like you were shopping fruits at the market instead of trying to catch scum: your reads were pretty much absent from your reasoning on who should be lynched within the pool of those who weren't in your previously cleared list (and even then, you shifted your vote on me while I was in that pool). I know that is not a popular opinion, but I suspect you don't have a town mindset.
    Feel free to ping me if/when you make that list.

Frinckles, why is Mattzed in your list of "not lynching"?

7. ISO #807

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I dont trust any of you fuckers
    To which extent though? You have the choice to either be our Mayor or The Eternal Cuck by not giving reads =)

8. ISO #808

Anyway, I'm out for now.

9. ISO #809

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    But you haven't justified any of those reads minus the Mesk one (you're trusting her meta cit claim), have you? If you did, bring quotes, please. You're appealing to a PoE, but never justified the townreads on those who aren't in it; your ISO is full of statements of people being towny or scummy, but reasonings are literally not there.
    -vote Frinckles
    You will die on this hill.

And I found two townies. (Oberon, Mesk)
    I stated that townread Oberon multiple times early D1 and that I believe Mesk's citizen meta and claim. I did wind up voting Oberon later on but only because he was lurking and honestly needed some pressure on him at EOD.

Oh okay. You're town apparently and asking loaded questions to help the town. Got it.
    I stated this amongst others as reasons I scumread Mike.

At this point in time, I have no doubt in my mind that I could convince you all to lynch FB by EOD.

Therein lies a problem because I am not convinced he is scum entirely anymore. He could be, but perhaps I'd need more from the identified parties.
    I explained why I wasn't entirely sold on a FB lynch. Even Helz recognized that this would be a retarded thing for scum to do since we were competing wagons.

The above portion are players I'm willing to step away from for now. The bottom portion are players that I feel need to be pressure significantly more with some exception to DM's slot.

Oberon
    Mesk514
    MattZed
    FrostByte
    --------------------------------------------------
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Mike
    Helz

Dark Magician
    I mentioned halfway through the day what slots I wanted to investigate the most. These are in-line with the rest of my play. Matt and I have conversed multiple times throughout the game and I just generally have a bit of a townread on him because he's doing work. I pressured Helz and while I don't have a townlead on him I can't really call his play scummy thus far, he needs to do more.

Anyway, I'll quote something I told Frostbyte because honestly it applies more to you at this point.

You're not reading any of my posts apparently.
    Like how the fuck are you going to make a claim that I haven't given any reasons after insisting that you've read my ISO. Here is a link to it https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/searc...archid=3363996

10. ISO #810

11. ISO #811

hell the two have been DEFENDING eachother the entire game

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I got it. I just agreed when what you ment. It made sence. But MM open saying that as scum would be odd. I have noticed one of the reasons MM gets mislynched a lot as town is becise he will be honest to the point of makeing himself look scummy.

I don’t have him as town but I don’t have him as scum. I hacc v e him more null. He can go eather way. He always is so scummy as town and so townie as scum. I know this may not make sence to you but it is how I read MM.
    Oh yeah, now that you bring it up. Why the fuck would I say that as scum? I would have the amazing choice of going between Frostbyte, Frinckles or Mike. Even if one of them were my scummate, I could just pick one who isn't and roll with that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thsi is so townie of MM. scum MM would hope on a train as long as it is not one of his partners and he has 3 to pick from. I honestly can not see scum MM doing this.

12. ISO #812

Also @MattZed can you please give us a list of reads? Yesterday, you seemed to be picking lynches like you were shopping fruits at the market instead of trying to catch scum: your reads were pretty much absent from your reasoning on who should be lynched within the pool of those who weren't in your previously cleared list (and even then, you shifted your vote on me while I was in that pool). I know that is not a popular opinion, but I suspect you don't have a town mindset.
    Feel free to ping me if/when you make that list.

Frinckles, why is Mattzed in your list of "not lynching"?
    Going into the night, you were my top scumread. And now here you are misrepresenting me AGAIN.

I voted you because you were acting INCREDIBLY scummy by not having enough scumreads. (and now it turns out BOTH of your scumreads/leans are town) You gave a towny appearance at first, but Helz's read-chart made very clear that your reads made the least sense. You also know I wasn't "shopping" for yeets. I listed SEVERAL times why I wanted to yeet FrostByte, and I spent a lot of time trying to convince everyone else to yeet the strongest scumread I could. At the end of D1, my scummiest-to-least-scummy list was You>FrostByte>Oberon>DM>Frinckles>Mike>Helz>Mesk. I couldn't get a reasonable train on you before you signed off, so I backed off of you. The FrostByte train wasn't going anywhere, so I was fine with Oberon. When he revealed he was TP1, the ONLY options y'all were leaving me with were DM and Mike. Mike was one of my strongest townreads, although faltering a bit lately with his reaction to Frinckles v FrostByte. The choice between Mike and DM was a no-brainer.

You know why being suspicious of me is an unpopular opinion: you're scum. I was trying to get things DONE by making sure the yeet was controlled by a town majority and not left to RNGesus. The fact that no one died last night suggests Mafia don't have a hitman. So scum can't just kill the hardcore townies: they have to somehow cast doubt on them and yeet them. "if there's a deepwolf, my money is on MattZed" is just code for "Matt is obviously town, but I can't let that go through or I won't win the game."

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

13. ISO #813

@Mike what did you mean by "honest to the point of making himself look scummy"? That doesn't make sense to me. Honesty generally = towny
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

14. ISO #814

This is good towny paranoia, btw. Of course, it's easy to say for scum, but being afraid to give a free pass to a scum is a legitimate concern.
    I don't see anything I like from MM today. This post REALLY feels like white knighting FrostByte, knowing that FB is town and thus seeing where he's coming from. My first reaction to someone casting doubt on an un-CC'd TPR isn't "yeah, this is normal town paranoia." I'm sensing an informed perspective here. (For the record, I'm not ruling out the possibility that FB is MM's partner that he's trying to give towncred, but my first bet is white knighting)

15. ISO #815

@Frinckles , join me on MM? I agree that there's a reasonable case for MM+Mike being buddied, especially as MM wasn't on Mike's train. I haven't re-evaluated Mike in a while, but there's nothing that's instinctively rubbed me the wrong way like every other post out of MM. Unless you see something I'm not, MM is the scummier of the two.

16. ISO #816

That is correct (and it's why I asked about people confirming they aren't CCing).
    *I* WAS THE ONE ASKING EVERYONE TO EXPLICITLY SAY IF THEY'RE NOT TP1. You, on the other hand, have come in after MOST EVERYONE HAS ALREADY CONFIRMED.

17. ISO #817

18. ISO #818

19. ISO #819

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Going into the night, you were my top scumread. And now here you are misrepresenting me AGAIN.

I voted you because you were acting INCREDIBLY scummy by not having enough scumreads. (and now it turns out BOTH of your scumreads/leans are town) You gave a towny appearance at first, but Helz's read-chart made very clear that your reads made the least sense. You also know I wasn't "shopping" for yeets. I listed SEVERAL times why I wanted to yeet FrostByte, and I spent a lot of time trying to convince everyone else to yeet the strongest scumread I could. At the end of D1, my scummiest-to-least-scummy list was You>FrostByte>Oberon>DM>Frinckles>Mike>Helz>Mesk. I couldn't get a reasonable train on you before you signed off, so I backed off of you. The FrostByte train wasn't going anywhere, so I was fine with Oberon. When he revealed he was TP1, the ONLY options y'all were leaving me with were DM and Mike. Mike was one of my strongest townreads, although faltering a bit lately with his reaction to Frinckles v FrostByte. The choice between Mike and DM was a no-brainer.

You know why being suspicious of me is an unpopular opinion: you're scum. I was trying to get things DONE by making sure the yeet was controlled by a town majority and not left to RNGesus. The fact that no one died last night suggests Mafia don't have a hitman. So scum can't just kill the hardcore townies: they have to somehow cast doubt on them and yeet them. "if there's a deepwolf, my money is on MattZed" is just code for "Matt is obviously town, but I can't let that go through or I won't win the game."

I obviously disagreed with your reasoning behind the train on me but I remember you giving specific reasons multiple times.
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

20. ISO #820

Does anyone actually see MM's posts from today/yesterday and not get instinctively bothered?
    I'm biased on him. He's always scummy to me. In game and otherwise lmao

21. ISO #821

22. ISO #822

23. ISO #823

24. ISO #824

25. ISO #825

26. ISO #826

MM is behaving *exactly* how a scum should behave in this situation: We've just found out there's no senator from the lack of a demand, so scum has AT MOST 2 kills in their arsenal. No kill last night, so 0-1 kills is more likely. That means scum needs ensure AT LEAST 3 town get misyeeted. Given we have two TPRs that can't accidentally CC each other, scum needs to make sure NO town get widely townread. I know a discredit when I see one, and I don't see any reason town MM would be doing it. His reads have been the most out-of-sync with everyone's this game. (always more townreads than town left in the game) I'm *really* not seeing a town perspective behind his actions, AT ALL.

27. ISO #827

If hes not town hes a neutral of some sort.
    What about his play makes you so sure? If the answer is "I have non-public info like a code he responded to or some feedback I got last night." You can just say "it's partially based on non-public info." But I'm REALLY not seeing where you're coming from.

28. ISO #828

For the record, I just saw MM browsing this thread, about one hour after he said he had to go. His habit of posting may be very selective.
    @Helz , if you want to test your theory that pressure leads to participation, add some pressure please.

29. ISO #829

MattZed, I'm reading all you said. I don't have a moment to really write a response as I'm at work, but I'm actively reading in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

30. ISO #830

My activity will increase around 11pm MST
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

31. ISO #831

You will die on this hill.

I stated that townread Oberon multiple times early D1 and that I believe Mesk's citizen meta and claim. I did wind up voting Oberon later on but only because he was lurking and honestly needed some pressure on him at EOD.

I stated this amongst others as reasons I scumread Mike.

I explained why I wasn't entirely sold on a FB lynch. Even Helz recognized that this would be a retarded thing for scum to do since we were competing wagons.

I mentioned halfway through the day what slots I wanted to investigate the most. These are in-line with the rest of my play. Matt and I have conversed multiple times throughout the game and I just generally have a bit of a townread on him because he's doing work. I pressured Helz and while I don't have a townlead on him I can't really call his play scummy thus far, he needs to do more.

Anyway, I'll quote something I told Frostbyte because honestly it applies more to you at this point.

Like how the fuck are you going to make a claim that I haven't given any reasons after insisting that you've read my ISO. Here is a link to it https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/searc...archid=3363996
    I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles
    And I found two townies. (Oberon, Mesk)
    Not an explaination, but a statement, as I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by MM
    You're appealing to a PoE, but never justified the townreads on those who aren't in it; your ISO is full of statements of people being towny or scummy, but reasonings are literally not there.
    I did say you explained your read on Mesk:
    Quote Originally Posted by MM
    But you haven't justified any of those reads minus the Mesk one (you're trusting her meta cit claim), have you?
    And yes, you STATED you were townreading Oberon multiple times... but you did not explain!

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles to Mike
    Oh okay. You're town apparently and asking loaded questions to help the town. Got it.
    This is a relatively weak reason but a reason nonetheless, I'll grant you that. Enough to justify a vote by itself? Uh, no.

At this point in time, I have no doubt in my mind that I could convince you all to lynch FB by EOD.

Therein lies a problem because I am not convinced he is scum entirely anymore. He could be, but perhaps I'd need more from the identified parties.
    You said this about this quote: "I explained why I wasn't entirely sold on a FB lynch. Even Helz recognized that this would be a retarded thing for scum to do since we were competing wagons".
    Again, that's a statement, not an explaination. You're stating you're not convinced he's scum anymore. You're stating he could be but maybe not. You're stating you could convince people to lynch him. But you're not EXPLAINING anything by saying that.

The above portion are players I'm willing to step away from for now. The bottom portion are players that I feel need to be pressure significantly more with some exception to DM's slot.

Oberon
    Mesk514
    MattZed
    FrostByte
    --------------------------------------------------
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Mike
    Helz

Dark Magician
    You said this about this quote: "I mentioned halfway through the day what slots I wanted to investigate the most. These are in-line with the rest of my play. Matt and I have conversed multiple times throughout the game and I just generally have a bit of a townread on him because he's doing work. I pressured Helz and while I don't have a townlead on him I can't really call his play scummy thus far, he needs to do more".
    First of all, a list of reads is not an explaination, it's a list of reads. It's fair to give a quick list of reads without directly explaining in the very post if you have explained your reads beforehand (I even did that this game). But when you haven't given your reasonings, your explainations, it's pointless fluff. Frostbyte called it "town theatre" or something like that.

So yeah, I maintain you haven't given your reasons minus for trusting Mesk. I also maintain my vote.

And your ISO link doesn't work.

32. ISO #832

33. ISO #833

Hi

Agreed on Oberon, less so on Mesk but I can see it at least a bit

Pretty early for that... It's not like you were getting instantly lynched, lynch is plurality + majority and early hammers are universally recognized as bad. You could have at least tried to change our minds first.

What is "hand-waving" in this context?

Fair point, but you weren't at L-2 and even less at L-1. And again, early hammerers instantly go to the lake of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, so your fear is exaggerated here.
    And exaggerated fear of early lynch usually comes from either noobs or town. Since you're not a noob...

-vote FrostByte

"Town is in a bad position, the first two pages are only shitposts!!!!"
    proceeds to disappear
    No.
    @Marshmallow Marshall , if you're town, I want you to explain this post. I don't understand it. You seem to mostly agree with Frinckles, but part of it is that "exaggerated fear of early lynch usually comes from either noobs or town." How are TOWN more afraid of being yeeted early in the day than scum are? And if you found his premature cit claim so convincingly from a town perspective, why have you changed your mind since, voting him more than you've voted anyone else?

34. ISO #834

Its not MM lol. We need to start pushing the right people. I dont think scum has felt the pressure yet because there is very little AI in this thread. I feel like DMs train may have been scum driven... it was such a horrible lynch lol. We are none the wiser for it. I’d honestly be tempted to train everyone who voted DM, it was that bad lol

I’m also all in favour of TP2 outing themselves. My role isnt particularly useful when outed, except maybe for strategizing in secret with people I trust.

TL;DR; we are looking at people who either did not vote or voted DM yesterday.

35. ISO #835

36. ISO #836

37. ISO #837

38. ISO #838

Mesk is also someone we need to take a look at. Mesk being scum would make a lot of sense; I’m looking at either someone who is really good being scum (Helz, Frinckles, MZ), or an inactive (Mesk).
    I would bet money theres at least one scum in those 4

39. ISO #839

40. ISO #840

Mhmm?

To followup: If you think Frinckles vs. FrostByte is TvT THEN YOU SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO MIKE BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WITH VOTES ON HIM.
    Oy vey....

The goal is to get the best yeet you can for D1.

The game got serious about 5 pages ago. You really want to default to a policy yeet on someone who didn't know the game started?
    Well, I'm not doing DM or Oberon *today.* I honestly think FB is the most likely scum, and I've made that case.

I *could* be persuaded to yeet Frinckles, but I'm not seeing it now. *Maybe* Mesk, since she seem serious about her Cit claim.

MM is off the table for today because he's gone, too. I townread you and Helz, so no dice there.
    (no vote on any of those people Matt wanted to lynch)

Actually, I could stomach a DM yeet given Oberon's claim.
    I will re-evaluate my case on FB overnight. For now, I think it's DM's time to go.

-vote Dark Magician

"You know I wasn't shopping for yeets"... no, I don't :P. You did push for a Frostbyte lynch, but as soon as the narrative was shifting from that, you were in shopping mode. When you were considering who else should be lynched "logically" from my PoV when I said I thought FB/Frinckles was likely TvT, you literally said I should be voting Mike "BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY OTHER PERSON WITH VOTES ON HIM".

If you had Oberon and DM as third and fourth lynch priorities respectively, I have a hard time picturing you closing the door to "doing DM or Oberon today".

Whether you like it or not, you're relatively scummy in my eyes, and it's not baseless or illegitimate. There's nothing you've done that SCREAMS town from you (if someone sees something screaming town from Mattzed, please speak up), and there are the things I pointed out above that look bad for you.
    Also, chances are scum have some way to kill; the only possibility of them not having a kill is if they have a scum bus driver instead. Either way, saying that I'm scum for scumreading you while you're mostly townread by people reeks of OMGUS. It's not like other people's townreads excluded me from scumhunting and finding you scummy lmao.

~~

Just want to say that my accusative posts against Mattzed and Frinckles are a bit snarky, but are in no way meant to insult anyone lol. I'm just proving my point, but I like you anyway :P.

41. ISO #841

42. ISO #842

@Marshmallow Marshall , if you're town, I want you to explain this post. I don't understand it. You seem to mostly agree with Frinckles, but part of it is that "exaggerated fear of early lynch usually comes from either noobs or town." How are TOWN more afraid of being yeeted early in the day than scum are? And if you found his premature cit claim so convincingly from a town perspective, why have you changed your mind since, voting him more than you've voted anyone else?
    Town don't have a team to back them up and sometimes have to intentionally go against the consensus to get their scumreads lynched. Scum have a team to back them up and don't have the concern of getting those who they suspect lynched even if it goes against what others think.
    As for your question, the early claim is completely outweighted by the lack of explainations and reasonings from him, especially considering he's one of the main posters.

Scum is laughing at us right now
    Honestly, this game is actually hard...
    I honestly have the feeling I had during the MU champs game and while half-spectating some of the "higher tier" games.
    And scum won in my game.
    This may or may not have something to do with my push at Mattzed too, but that's purely gut and isn't really an argument

43. ISO #843

44. ISO #844

And if I may say, this game is highly enjoyable and challenging.

45. ISO #845

46. ISO #846

Mike is a bad lynch at this point as well
    -vote FrostByte

I’m currently reading Frinckles as Executioner with Mike as target and FrostByte as some sort of Mafia.
    Do you really not think his interaction with Frinckles points to him actually thinking Frinckles is scum? Take this post for example:

I picked at your friends list as town because it looked like you were trying to pocket people. This is different. This is significantly less nitpicky because you're significantly more full of shit.
    Am I the only one getting tunneled townie vibes from that?

47. ISO #847

I’m also all in favour of TP2 outing themselves.
    This is a REALLY bad idea. You've admitted you aren't a protective role OR lookout. If Mafia have a kidnapper or hitman, they can kill TP2 with impunity. If they have a consort, they can RB TP2 without anyone to stop them. If they have an assassin, this may well damn our most powerful role TODAY.

I see no reason to out TP2 until we know more about SP2. If we can neutralize SP2 with BOTH of our TPRs alive, we almost win by default: We have two people who can't be yeeted, and mafia only has two people and thus can never gain majority.

48. ISO #848

I have an idea. What if the person I’m journalizing claims their role in their News post? And then I keep all targets in my LW

That way the other PR can out themselves to me
    Assuming you are 100 % confirmed town because a PR1 not CCing you as scumjournalist!Oberon would be throwing:

That could work if everyone used the exact same language to avoid tells. Like literally just saying "[Role]." and nothing else.

49. ISO #849

50. ISO #850

This is a REALLY bad idea. You've admitted you aren't a protective role OR lookout. If Mafia have a kidnapper or hitman, they can kill TP2 with impunity. If they have a consort, they can RB TP2 without anyone to stop them. If they have an assassin, this may well damn our most powerful role TODAY.

I see no reason to out TP2 until we know more about SP2. If we can neutralize SP2 with BOTH of our TPRs alive, we almost win by default: We have two people who can't be yeeted, and mafia only has two people and thus can never gain majority.
    Agreed.