S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    I do this with every single setup I play in, it's NAI, I just like to try and see if I can figure out the setup before everyone else does, makes me feel smart
    I'm not criticizing actually doing setup spec; that's fine by me. I think your conclusions are off relative to what I would expect of a game of this size. I wouldn't expect 2-4 neutrals without having extra non-town info.
    You can also call me Mark | he/him

Hypixel Mafia gaslighter-in-chief

2. ISO #252

Hmm. I'd like to hear more from
    Aporia
    oliverz144
    Tauntshaman
    TheClowns
    10000JellyDoughnuts
    and
    Ashoka Tano.
    They all have around 5ish posts.

What stands out to me is tauntshaman's made three posts, and all three of them revolve around "leads"
    I can get behind this; there is a lack of actively scummy posts anyway (which may be partially my fault, as I haven't really had time to pursue meaningful interactions with many people, thanks to a combination of lack of time and accidental multigaming). Also, deathworlds - tauntshaman not SvS: there is no reason for deathworlds to bring this up if he's scum with taunt.
    -vote Tauntshaman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #253

Quote Originally Posted by Aporia View Post

Elaboration: on hpm Bakura is very lynchbait-y. I don't really see a good reason for someone else to vote him either. My earlier read on this slot was "nice to see they're not faking reads" but their most recent most is a bit too much "coasting scum".
    I just haven't really found the drive to effortpost yet
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I can get behind this; there is a lack of actively scummy posts anyway (which may be partially my fault, as I haven't really had time to pursue meaningful interactions with many people, thanks to a combination of lack of time and accidental multigaming). Also, deathworlds - tauntshaman not SvS: there is no reason for deathworlds to bring this up if he's scum with taunt.
    -vote Tauntshaman
    I'd love to transfer over to taunt if we can get more people to do the same
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

7. ISO #257

No idea if I’m going to be on for eod so here’s my r
    Spoiler : Reads crap, bad humor :

Read list as of 2:15pm pst

BLAH BLAh BLAH call it mod spec, but I find it highly unlikely that the scum team will all be from one community, therefore scum reads can’t all be from one side of the community. Just my little two cents

I apologize for anything that looks wrong. This is just me collecting myself it's more of me talking to myself rather than me giving you info on my inner workings of my grey matter that makes me function. Also I may or may not have missed info due to skimming/ crappy brain memory poo.

Town
    Martin- they have been promoting discussion, overall been analyzing which I think comes from a T! Perspective.

Lean t
    Deathworlds- asked for games to read on, although I don’t really know if they actually read the whole thread his description of eevee sounds like he read it enough. I do not think that scum puts in that much work to be read as town as personally it's too much work either way for me :b
    2:49 pm edit: Do find it weird that he finds n0 to be a town
    3:07pm pst edit: ok wth lol i dont even know

Bakura- post 188 sounds like town bakura from previous games. However I wish he has a bit
    more meat to his bones, bakura I demand more help and memes pls.

Eevee- They have been somewhat contributing, don’t send evil intent vibes. Basically they don’t seem like a shadow leader leading from the shadows

Null
    Jmw- He’s still null because I would like to see more from him before committing a read towards him. If I were to place him currently I would learn T.

Taunt- note, 3 posts all on leads info provided by someone can't remember

Theclowns- hydra of cj+fishy, looks like it's only been cj so far, need to hear more

Frinckles

Mark(Aporia)- I have never read Mark well at all, but he seems to be kinda lacking this game.
    Dunno but I remember a lot more coming from him than what is shown even in a rvs stage setting.

Marshmallow- Is it bad I saw them but don’t remember anything? I don’t know if that speaks to that being bad as lurking or as in my memory is big poopoo.

Drizzt- same as Marshmallow

Jelly- need to look at, saw some arguments on why jelly is scum but I have not personally looked at their posts yet in depth
    2:49 pm pst update: Ok looking at it rn, there are only 6 posts.
    1st post- Talking about confusion of site, it feels weird to me. We had a couple days to explore the layout with the exceptions of how vc, notifications, and quotes work.
    2nd post- BASED Literally spiderman pointing at spiderman meme, in all seriousness I don’t see whats wrong with this specific post
    3rd post- It seems by this point based on two posts jmw sr’s jelly, I suck at analysis so e. But I guess I can understand this confusion if Jmw hadn’t explained anything prior.
    4th post- I don’t really need to see a need to explain a unvote from rvs unless it's been there since like forever. So thats a bit off. Also in the same post jelly says “A vote made in rvs” then “ We are in a weird rvs stage still somehow” So which is it , I think this part is worth looking into.
    5-6th- i think jelly makes a semi decent point here? Kind of weird
    Ahsoka tano- Where?

Lean s
    Oliver- Blah blah blah yell at me for meta reads,but he isn’t aggressive this game. Also I’m noticing a lack of bravado or confidence? That pops out to me.

Scum

N/a for now
    I write lore

8. ISO #258

-vote Tauntshaman
    I don't think three posts revolving around "leads" is scummy or voteworthy here, or is there another reason for this vote?
    Focusing on concrete information ("leads") is something new players tend to do, and I don't think it's wolfy from Taunt if they're new. In a vacuum trying to stick solely to mech info isn't amazing, but I don't expect Taunt to not focus on it (it's the best we can have in this game in terms of information) and it seems silly to vote on.

9. ISO #259

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    I figured it wasn't when I took a glance at it
    thanks for confirming my doubts though

where are we at rn? have not read up and just got backi
    dunno if you saw my first mention, should go look for it

also, some vote shifting

TheClowns (1 [L-7]):
    ewianking
    Bakura1 (2 [L-6]):
    deathworlds, Tauntshaman
    Marshmallow Marshall (2 [L-6]):
    oliverz144, MartinGG99
    Frinckles (1 [L-7]):
    Mreevee
    Tauntshaman (1 [L-7]):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    ewianking (1 [L-7]):
    Frinckles
    deathworlds (1 [L-7]):
    Aporia
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #260

I'd love to transfer over to taunt if we can get more people to do the same
    eeeeehhhhh idk how I feel about yeeting players who are first time in FM on d1

its kinda like "No meta? Sucks to be you then...."
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #261

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    There's this thing, in past games, where MM has a distinctive look about him where he emphasizes certain points while still being himself in sometimes silly ways. Here's a few examples I can pull from his town games:

(these are from the archives where you can't quote to reply - links will be shared next to them to show where I got them)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post950454

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...455#post950455

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post964539

Compare these, which all have happened on a d1 in various games iirc, to what MM has posted so far:

The posts here feel like they're more there for silly reasons or just personality quirks rather than anything else. There aren't really any clear points to them, but it feels like MM is trying to express how he normally is. That's fine, as d1s can be off and silly and be all RVS but it seems like he is in this odd spot of trying to solve but not actually solve. Like, seriously, the majority of this post (which is too large to quote) is just laughter and smiles but has a side comment about Bakura (again, for like the 6th or whatever time by now).

Later, this is his response to me asking how he plans to solve (and I specifically referred to the space invades, implying people such as Bakura):

It's just....vague? Like I feel like there is hardly any passion or silliness in it. It's off, especially when I don't think he has made clear points nor really tried to emphasize some points in his usual style so far. Especially not about Bakura, and if MM is referring to Bakura's response to him about his alignment, just about anyone can see the (very) reasonable doubt to be given just because it was the rvs stage. So I don't get what MM is referring to here specifically unless he's hoping his expressive personality will fool people into thinking he is town and that there's nothing wrong with him.

I'm not sure if you all can see what I see, but I feel like the posts MM have made so far are different than ones in his past town games.
    Perhaps you expect me to jump at people's throats very aggressively? Perhaps I should have, tbh, considering how little information we have - but as I said, I didn't really have time to do so, and tried to gauge Bakura instead. He passes the test, but isn't super towny either, so it's kinda... meh. But anyway, I still very much am myself, except there are lots of new people. Besides, if you went to check my scum D1s, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find them to be similar to this one, as I normally aim to be impactful on D1 as any alignment (albeit in different ways, and that's where my outing of my meta ends lol).

Considering I am indeed a little different from how I usually am due to real life being busier, I salute the effort and actually townread Martin for this: his post is not scumpainty in a malicious, dishonest way, but rather tries to bring raw data to make it "speak by itself", which is an approach that screams truth seeking imo. I won't be voting there anytime soon.

That being said, Martin, I'd still like to know why you townread Drizzt (unless you already replied and I missed it, which is possible).
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

12. ISO #262

I don't think three posts revolving around "leads" is scummy or voteworthy here, or is there another reason for this vote?
    Focusing on concrete information ("leads") is something new players tend to do, and I don't think it's wolfy from Taunt if they're new. In a vacuum trying to stick solely to mech info isn't amazing, but I don't expect Taunt to not focus on it (it's the best we can have in this game in terms of information) and it seems silly to vote on.
    3 points:

- It has nothing to do with the "leads" part, for the reasons you stated yourself (especially considering he comes from the SC2 arcade)
    - It's about his vote on Bakura for "lurking" when he very clearly hasn't done that at all: it feels like he's lost newbie scum trying to find something to accuse people on (it's not like he could genuinely think Bakura was lurking out of all people, especially considering how there literally were zero-posters at that point)
    - It has the advantage of giving potential associative information on Deathworlds, which I very much like, because he's a bit of a question mark to me despite his posts (his setup analysis is NAI)

13. ISO #263

Can you elaborate on this "other stuff"?
    No, not really at this stage in the game. I only have the makings of Swiss and you're asking for Parmigiano Regiano. Takes time. Last wills are on though, just as a reminder.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

14. ISO #264

-vote Bakura1

I think I'm fine with this for now
    Why though

I'm personally liking the case on MM. I haven't seen anyone particularly contest it, but nobody else seems to be taking a stand with him either, which seems odd. In fact, nobody's really mentioned it at all. Imo scum have more incentive to just sit back at this stage of the game. I doubt scum puts this much time to compile previous games too. So rn I'd say my only particularly solid reads are T!Martin and S!MM

-vote MarshmallowMarshall

Hm
    Idk why but my tone feels off and I can't put my finger on it
    I guess I just usually have more pizazz
    I should fix that soon

btw I always sign off at about 7:50 pm est

I mean tbf you often defend yourself with meta : P
    True, but I feel like I've been pretty good with that lately. I don't think I've done so in any recent games.
    And last game I was just straight-up ignored.
    Though I think I do need to improve on my part too. I've realized since last game that it is a give-and-take relationship. I should have been more open to a Crystal lynch, and I also realize in hindsight that a large part of me saw T!Me in his D1. But I forgot that T!Me = S!Everyone else, which makes me a little depressed, but such is life I guess.

Whew, that felt good to finally get out.

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    No idea if I’m going to be on for eod so here’s my r
    Spoiler : Reads crap, bad humor :

Read list as of 2:15pm pst

BLAH BLAh BLAH call it mod spec, but I find it highly unlikely that the scum team will all be from one community, therefore scum reads can’t all be from one side of the community. Just my little two cents

I apologize for anything that looks wrong. This is just me collecting myself it's more of me talking to myself rather than me giving you info on my inner workings of my grey matter that makes me function. Also I may or may not have missed info due to skimming/ crappy brain memory poo.

Town
    Martin- they have been promoting discussion, overall been analyzing which I think comes from a T! Perspective.

Lean t
    Deathworlds- asked for games to read on, although I don’t really know if they actually read the whole thread his description of eevee sounds like he read it enough. I do not think that scum puts in that much work to be read as town as personally it's too much work either way for me :b
    2:49 pm edit: Do find it weird that he finds n0 to be a town
    3:07pm pst edit: ok wth lol i dont even know

Bakura- post 188 sounds like town bakura from previous games. However I wish he has a bit
    more meat to his bones, bakura I demand more help and memes pls.

Eevee- They have been somewhat contributing, don’t send evil intent vibes. Basically they don’t seem like a shadow leader leading from the shadows

Null
    Jmw- He’s still null because I would like to see more from him before committing a read towards him. If I were to place him currently I would learn T.

Taunt- note, 3 posts all on leads info provided by someone can't remember

Theclowns- hydra of cj+fishy, looks like it's only been cj so far, need to hear more

Frinckles

Mark(Aporia)- I have never read Mark well at all, but he seems to be kinda lacking this game.
    Dunno but I remember a lot more coming from him than what is shown even in a rvs stage setting.

Marshmallow- Is it bad I saw them but don’t remember anything? I don’t know if that speaks to that being bad as lurking or as in my memory is big poopoo.

Drizzt- same as Marshmallow

Jelly- need to look at, saw some arguments on why jelly is scum but I have not personally looked at their posts yet in depth
    2:49 pm pst update: Ok looking at it rn, there are only 6 posts.
    1st post- Talking about confusion of site, it feels weird to me. We had a couple days to explore the layout with the exceptions of how vc, notifications, and quotes work.
    2nd post- BASED Literally spiderman pointing at spiderman meme, in all seriousness I don’t see whats wrong with this specific post
    3rd post- It seems by this point based on two posts jmw sr’s jelly, I suck at analysis so e. But I guess I can understand this confusion if Jmw hadn’t explained anything prior.
    4th post- I don’t really need to see a need to explain a unvote from rvs unless it's been there since like forever. So thats a bit off. Also in the same post jelly says “A vote made in rvs” then “ We are in a weird rvs stage still somehow” So which is it , I think this part is worth looking into.
    5-6th- i think jelly makes a semi decent point here? Kind of weird
    Ahsoka tano- Where?

Lean s
    Oliver- Blah blah blah yell at me for meta reads,but he isn’t aggressive this game. Also I’m noticing a lack of bravado or confidence? That pops out to me.

Scum

N/a for now
    Frinckles *blank*
    What the heck I'm voting you, notice me senpei.

16. ISO #266

here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?
    - I am not Marshal, but we did play together once. It was here.

- I am not sure what kind of good vibes you get from Tauntshaman, but I don't get them o.O. If it's something you can explain (i.e. not just gut), it'd be appreciated.

- The Oliver suspicion looks like an overreading imo, but hey, it's not impossible. I just wouldn't put much (if any) trust in this.

- I also have a good feeling about Aporia, but I also happen to like walls too much, soooo... Still, agree with "GTH town", though.

17. ISO #267

Oh looks like some posts have been made since mine. Guess I'll catch up as I go.

Uh... what? Care to explain? Either I'm dumb or this makes zero sense xD.

Also, I realize there are 3 hours left to the day, and my vote on Bakura was RVS, so
    -unvote
    because I absolutely don't feel like lynching him, he's fine for now (no red flags, supposedly in meta).
    Saying that I'm in my meta has the same feel as saying Mercury's in retrograde at this point in my life

18. ISO #268

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post
    Why though

I'm personally liking the case on MM. I haven't seen anyone particularly contest it, but nobody else seems to be taking a stand with him either, which seems odd. In fact, nobody's really mentioned it at all. Imo scum have more incentive to just sit back at this stage of the game. I doubt scum puts this much time to compile previous games too. So rn I'd say my only particularly solid reads are T!Martin and S!MM

-vote MarshmallowMarshall

Hm
    Idk why but my tone feels off and I can't put my finger on it
    I guess I just usually have more pizazz
    I should fix that soon

btw I always sign off at about 7:50 pm est

True, but I feel like I've been pretty good with that lately. I don't think I've done so in any recent games.
    And last game I was just straight-up ignored.
    Though I think I do need to improve on my part too. I've realized since last game that it is a give-and-take relationship. I should have been more open to a Crystal lynch, and I also realize in hindsight that a large part of me saw T!Me in his D1. But I forgot that T!Me = S!Everyone else, which makes me a little depressed, but such is life I guess.

Whew, that felt good to finally get out.
    1: You forgot the space in my name
    2: I don't want to self-pres vote you, stoppeth please
    3: read this below
    Perhaps you expect me to jump at people's throats very aggressively? Perhaps I should have, tbh, considering how little information we have - but as I said, I didn't really have time to do so, and tried to gauge Bakura instead. He passes the test, but isn't super towny either, so it's kinda... meh. But anyway, I still very much am myself, except there are lots of new people. Besides, if you went to check my scum D1s, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find them to be similar to this one, as I normally aim to be impactful on D1 as any alignment (albeit in different ways, and that's where my outing of my meta ends lol).

Considering I am indeed a little different from how I usually am due to real life being busier, I salute the effort and actually townread Martin for this: his post is not scumpainty in a malicious, dishonest way, but rather tries to bring raw data to make it "speak by itself", which is an approach that screams truth seeking imo. I won't be voting there anytime soon.

That being said, Martin, I'd still like to know why you townread Drizzt (unless you already replied and I missed it, which is possible).

19. ISO #269

I am tired, hungry, and all that kind of stuff, have a hard time thinking straight, so I will go off. And uh, please don't lynch me lol? There isn't even a real reason aside from "I feel like you're different", which... well, is probably true, but also isn't alignment-related

if I am lynched when I come back, my ghost will spook you for all eternity @MartinGG99 >=(

20. ISO #270

There's this thing, in past games, where MM has a distinctive look about him where he emphasizes certain points while still being himself in sometimes silly ways. Here's a few examples I can pull from his town games:

(these are from the archives where you can't quote to reply - links will be shared next to them to show where I got them)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post950454

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...455#post950455

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post964539

Compare these, which all have happened on a d1 in various games iirc, to what MM has posted so far:

The posts here feel like they're more there for silly reasons or just personality quirks rather than anything else. There aren't really any clear points to them, but it feels like MM is trying to express how he normally is. That's fine, as d1s can be off and silly and be all RVS but it seems like he is in this odd spot of trying to solve but not actually solve. Like, seriously, the majority of this post (which is too large to quote) is just laughter and smiles but has a side comment about Bakura (again, for like the 6th or whatever time by now).

Later, this is his response to me asking how he plans to solve (and I specifically referred to the space invades, implying people such as Bakura):

It's just....vague? Like I feel like there is hardly any passion or silliness in it. It's off, especially when I don't think he has made clear points nor really tried to emphasize some points in his usual style so far. Especially not about Bakura, and if MM is referring to Bakura's response to him about his alignment, just about anyone can see the (very) reasonable doubt to be given just because it was the rvs stage. So I don't get what MM is referring to here specifically unless he's hoping his expressive personality will fool people into thinking he is town and that there's nothing wrong with him.

I'm not sure if you all can see what I see, but I feel like the posts MM have made so far are different than ones in his past town games.
    This is interesting - I'll assume this is 100% trustworthy and charitable (I think it almost always is but want to be 100% clear that I am not going to be able to backread these games before n1). I do think it is not a great look for MM (the RVS one doesn't seem too out of place from today's MM, but the other two do feel different as you remarked).

21. ISO #271

3 points:

- It has nothing to do with the "leads" part, for the reasons you stated yourself (especially considering he comes from the SC2 arcade)
    - It's about his vote on Bakura for "lurking" when he very clearly hasn't done that at all: it feels like he's lost newbie scum trying to find something to accuse people on (it's not like he could genuinely think Bakura was lurking out of all people, especially considering how there literally were zero-posters at that point)
    - It has the advantage of giving potential associative information on Deathworlds, which I very much like, because he's a bit of a question mark to me despite his posts (his setup analysis is NAI)
    Ah, I see. Sorry for assuming the worst of your vote there without context. Could you explain what interactions with Deathworlds and Taunt would be revealing/noteworthy if Taunt flipped?

Also @Tauntshaman what do you think of Bakura now?

22. ISO #272

1: You forgot the space in my name
    2: I don't want to self-pres vote you, stoppeth please
    3: read this below
    I thought you were supposed to take spaces out of names

So is it
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    ?

Also I read the thing below and I'm still not convinced. I think the irl argument usually comes from town, but not all of your scum games look the same. And the point about you being around new players was already refuted. It seems like you're just generally different.

Unless people tell me otherwise about your meta, I'm good here.

Your vibes also no longer please me.

23. ISO #273

Let's assume that everything you say here is true: I'm not sure you can really claim that the difference in your play from you scum games here is actually note-worthy. I get the rationale, but as you yourself have noted, you are busy IRL and furthermore have connected your current "town" play-style differences to said busyness.

So I don't quite follow as to how this would stand to show you being meaningfully different from your scum games.

However, on re-evaluation of your ISO, I do realize you've made your first 5 posts in like about an hour before disappearing. So you are probably busy, and that may be the correct reason as to why something is off about you. I don't really town-read you, but I don't feel like you're a priority now given you'll probably show up more than this person.

-vote TheClowns

Also, here's my bit on Drizzt:

I liked his 2nd post, reads non-self-conscious to me imo, and they're a player who has played FM at most like, once. Though iirc they have played a fair bit of the Starcraft II arcade version of Mafia (For those who don't know: It's like Town of Salem if you've ever played that game). Even then, though, those games rarely have much d1 discussion outside of memes and random messages --- which is not what Drizzt's 2nd posts is. I feel like this would be an odd post for a wolf, in his position, to make.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

24. ISO #274

Can you elaborate more on Bakura? Even if you can't come to a conclusion/nullread him overall, what points do you consider in/against his favor? It's hard to follow your thought process on Bakura here.

Agree that this post from Martin looks good. I think the difference from the first two quotes feels real enough that I think Martin genuinely caught on to this difference instead of looking for something opportunistically, which more often than not is town indicative.

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

I still think MM is a bit suspicious, given his earlier response to my question about his solving, but for the time being I think his busyness argument is valid to some extent. We'll be able to get better and stronger opinions on MM the more time he has to post, and so I think he should be on day 2's agenda.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

27. ISO #277

-vote TheClowns
    What's wrong with Clowns
    other than the general fear people have of them

I also don't like the idea of letting highposters live and killing off lowposters.

Highposting scum always manage to weasel out of things while lowposting scum typically just die later on due to PoE

The highposters usually almost inevitably end up giving away their vibes through their posts D1 and then work their way forward based off of feedback from others

they're slippery like that

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

I still think MM is a bit suspicious, given his earlier response to my question about his solving, but for the time being I think his busyness argument is valid to some extent. We'll be able to get better and stronger opinions on MM the more time he has to post, and so I think he should be on day 2's agenda.
    I'm gonna be honest, I just defer to you on the MM reads here because despite having played a ton of games with him my track record for reading him is abysmal. Your intro was goofy but everything else has been solid so far. Join the wagon on ewian? :3

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

What's wrong with Clowns

I also don't like the idea of letting highposters live and killing off lowposters.

Highposting scum always manage to weasel out of things while lowposting scum typically just die later on due to PoE

The highposters usually almost inevitably end up giving away their vibes through their posts D1 and then work their way forward based off of feedback from others

That's the problem with high-posters. If you have one that is scum, then that's generally bad news, but if you got no high-posters at all then what are town's chances of catching the scum? They'll have very little to work off of.

I tend to prefer games with higher levels of posting over ones with lower levels of posting, and occasionally that means I will make the evaluation that it is easier to solve "Slot A" over "Slot B" if given time, and so in theory that means it is more optimal to chop "Slot B" first if you're suspicious of both of them.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

That's the problem with high-posters. If you have one that is scum, then that's generally bad news, but if you got no high-posters at all then what are town's chances of catching the scum? They'll have very little to work off of.

I tend to prefer games with higher levels of posting over ones with lower levels of posting, and occasionally that means I will make the evaluation that it is easier to solve "Slot A" over "Slot B" if given time, and so in theory that means it is more optimal to chop "Slot B" first if you're suspicious of both of them.
    what do you think about jmw

39. ISO #289

What's wrong with Clowns

That's why I usually aim middle of the pack/high.

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

True, but Marshmallow hasn't stood out as a highposter. There have been lots of people with similar amounts of activity this game.

42. ISO #292

Quote Originally Posted by Ashoka Tano View Post
    what do you think about jmw
    preety good but cautious about it due to limited experience with him

loved the "misc" part in his list, as I felt he was genuinely trying to solve there and presented perspectives/points that hadn't even occurred to me tbh
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #293

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    Jmw you are someone I know+ used this site before
    How accurate is the (members viewing this thread) is? Cuz taunt has been viewing this thread nearly every time I hopped on xd
    I don't know how accurate it is but probably just shows whenever someone is logged on and in the tab, so mostly accurate?
    you can hide yourself from it but I think you still appear in the count? idk

46. ISO #296

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

@10000 Jelly Doughnuts do you have any reads right now?
    Yes.
    Ooor they don't have spaces in the username. This is the only down-side when trying to be a BBcode wizard and yet on multiple sites: You mix everything up
    @10000JellyDoughnuts
    I have spaces in my name on HPM, couldn't here because it freaked the system out lol
    here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?
    I am now back from classes and can answer questions
    I think Jelly's username has spaces on Hypixel too so that mixed me up as well haha

Who's your top townread and scumread right now?
    Top scum read is deathworlds. I honestly think that post of his was too much information. Not much to go on, but it has a weird vibe.
    Ngl I'm noticing that Oliver's a lot more tame on this site

I also never realized how much our games back at HPM ran like a well-oiled machine. I came up with the words to express this earlier and then forgot, but basically we just usually got a lot more done by this point. The game progresses a lot quicker and smoother. That might just be because we all know each other's meta's though. I wonder if entire games could have a meta if everyone at least generally knows each other's metas.

@Tauntshaman what are you on about

Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.

Did you try

That's what everyone says about you.

Could it be because there are a lot of new people and he's adjusting his personality because of that?

Well that and I also found this totally poggers youtube channel called YourBoySponge that has some great rap so I was listening to that for like an hour so the rhymes just came easily to me.
    Hmm. They don't say that to me. I do get a weird vibe from oliverzz though. Could be site change that just modifies a bit of behavior, but he seems to be more defensive of players.
    Looks like a HPM special will be rising tonight!
    I can feel it sadly enough.
    What announcement?
    (Also yeah abt that hpm thingy l
    the le discord one made in the announcements channel

49. ISO #299

Quote Originally Posted by Ashoka Tano View Post
    @jmw @Marshmellow Marshall do you guys believe that one another is town?
    MM can be town, sure. Granted the case that was made is not a good look for MM but I'm not hard sold. I'm trying to get into MM's worldview to get a better read and am actually leaning in favor of not lynching them today.

final verdict TBD

50. ISO #300