Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    im sheriff bakermir is town
    mayors can claim citizen if they want
    or they can claim mayor and be a poop
    Ok this is good
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

Anyway @Zedus here is the last time this setup was run. I’m finding it FOR YOU. All you have to do now is skim the thread.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...fia-blinkstyle!
    I was scum, my partner was lynched and I lost

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...stant-Mafia-IV
    I was town, there were two conflicting mason teams and town lost after an excruciating 72 hours

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-Instant-Mafia
    I wasn’t even in this game, but here it is!

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...=Instant+Mafia
    This game ended in a mafia victory 24 hours into the game.

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Anyway @Zedus here is the last time this setup was run. I’m finding it FOR YOU. All you have to do now is skim the thread.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...fia-blinkstyle!
    I was scum, my partner was lynched and I lost

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...stant-Mafia-IV
    I was town, there were two conflicting mason teams and town lost after an excruciating 72 hours

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...-Instant-Mafia
    I wasn’t even in this game, but here it is!

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...=Instant+Mafia
    This game ended in a mafia victory 24 hours into the game.
    If I were smart I would’ve made this post on my computer. Instead I spent way too long on it on my phone.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    there definitely is a difference, while in theory there can be multiple/any TPRs this is almost never the case. For instance balance dictates that very few sheriffs can be in the game and obviously only one mayor. and only two masons. there is little chance of there being multiple confirmable or near-confirmable roles in this game. I could see there being two sheriffs only if naz added the second sheriff for a CC battle. If I’m not mistaken something like this happened in blinkskaters game. But IMO no way there’s more than two or three TPRs. even three is pushing it.
    i tried reading an old game to get a better understanding of the setup for the game i played in two games ago
    in all honesty i was just wasting my time and getting nowhere
    also naz is a different host if blink was the last host
    they're always bound by the setup needing to be somewhat balanced
    so 2-3 tprs sounds about right
    i think something like sheriff mayor mason would be funny

8. ISO #108

i tried reading an old game to get a better understanding of the setup for the game i played in two games ago
    in all honesty i was just wasting my time and getting nowhere
    also naz is a different host if blink was the last host
    they're always bound by the setup needing to be somewhat balanced
    so 2-3 tprs sounds about right
    i think something like sheriff mayor mason would be funny
    You probably hit the nail on the head.

9. ISO #109

Claiming citizen makes the TPR poe smaller. And if they figure out who the mayor is, the mayor isn’t able to claim citizen anymore (as a way of completely screwing over sheriff claims on them)

I realize this is all meant counteract potential insane scum strats, but honestly we should worry about those, not about regular gameplay from scum. Regular strats we can deal with - well-timed and well played scum games are very hard to counter. Imagine two scum claiming non-identical TPR roles with one claiming sheriff - if done well such a claim team would be almost impossible to defeat
    no at that point we go ahead and host meta
    well we at that point are marshmallow marshall metaing because thedarklord is the one that has to balance the setup

town is likely to have two or maybe three
    actually now that i think about it maybe even one tpr
    so if we see three tpr or four or five
    we lynch between the tpr yeah
    because the ratio of citizens becomes smaller again
    for this reason i can see the setup being four tpr esp if there are sheriffs able to check the same citizen
    i doubt it though and i doubt because of host meta

too many tpr claims we meta it and lynch tprs

10. ISO #110

why am i rereading the thread lol
    old habits die hard
    just a bunch of auwt zedus twirling around to find that
    the best use of time is just to formulate reads

this is not ganelon aivions game this is not insanity
    i currently have three townreads
    i should not deathtunnel good thing no lembird this game
    so including me that is about four townreads pretty good i thinks

11. ISO #111

Anyway @Zedus here is the last time this setup was run. I’m finding it FOR YOU.
    I never asked for that. I asked your role. You give no answer, and you trying to get away from the answer. One more reason to "read" you as scum. Now I am almost sure you are.
    Reveal your role now. If you are town, you have nothing to hide.

12. ISO #112

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    I never asked for that. I asked your role. You give no answer, and you trying to get away from the answer. One more reason to "read" you as scum. Now I am almost sure you are.
    Reveal your role now. If you are town, you have nothing to hide.
    I’m TPR. I am purposefully waiting to claim until we get more claims.

13. ISO #113

im sheriff bakermir is town
    mayors can claim citizen if they want
    or they can claim mayor and be a poop
    ugh

one part of me thinks; this is putting me, you and eventually zedus and SB into an uncomfortable spot. simply because zedus reads SB as scum and I read zedus as scum while SB is still null in alignment but 50/50 tpr/maf for everyone since thats all he given us. i am not quite sure if sheriff reveals this early will help us. I still believe citizen/sheriff claims should come last and mayor claim should come first. maybe i am wrong..

i mean, it could have been MM or ganele or auwt instead of me. but i won't focus on this for now.. it is too early.

furthermore, I am not sure what to make of this as of now. we will need more reveals when it comes to crosschecking leads.

besides all, I still believe reads will be important. for example, vacorn is on my radar when I look at his posts so far.

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    ugh

one part of me thinks; this is putting me, you and eventually zedus and SB into an uncomfortable spot. simply because zedus reads SB as scum and I read zedus as scum while SB is still null in alignment but 50/50 tpr/maf for everyone since thats all he given us. i am not quite sure if sheriff reveals this early will help us. I still believe citizen/sheriff claims should come last and mayor claim should come first. maybe i am wrong..

i mean, it could have been MM or ganele or auwt instead of me. but i won't focus on this for now.. it is too early.

furthermore, I am not sure what to make of this as of now. we will need more reveals when it comes to crosschecking leads.

besides all, I still believe reads will be important. for example, vacorn is on my radar when I look at his posts so far.
    After this many games I think I refuse to lynch Varcron on principle because he’s been mislynched so many games in a row.

For the record, jury, that is a JOKE.

16. ISO #116

ugh

you don't trust me even after i got your role right
    wait
    did you claim citizen somewhere in the thread already is that why you are suspecting me

17. ISO #117

Re : Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

ugh

Are you confirming Secondpassing's Sheriff claim (Meaning you are a Citizen) ?

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

After this many games I think I refuse to lynch Varcron on principle because he’s been mislynched so many games in a row.

I know you are joking but I just want to make myself clear,

I believe we don't need statistics to justify a mislynch. It is more common than anything in mafia. Now, I don't suggest lynching him, let's not rush into conclusions but if the game proceeds as it stands then he would be one of the people I would be suspicious of. It was just an example on how my reads progress on people. Sure there is input from everyone but which ones are more in line with town way of thinking and which ones appear manipulative or look like they are just the type that will go with the flow.

21. ISO #121

Well, what we have now with claims.

1. @Marshmallow Marshall - like No claim. Solo mason claim with (not true) mark doesn't counts?
    2. @bakermir - No claim. Citizen according to info from Secondpassing
    3. @Auwt - No claim
    4. @Ganelon - No claim
    5. @Varcron - No claim
    6. @Zedus - Citizen claim
    7. @Stealthbomber16 - Godfather claim
    8. @secondpassing - Sheriff claim, also claimed bakermir is citizen.

Secondpassing+Barkemir can be scum team with easy strat, but not likely for me atm. This is most likely based on Barkemir's actions.

So, my trust list is

1. Marshmallow Marshall - weak scum reading, protecting #7 for some reason, but saying "I am not protecting him".
    2. Bakermir - town atm, also confirmed by #8
    3. Auwt - neutral, just saying the right things doesn't make you evil or good.
    4. Ganelon - scum reading, random voter, no any useful info from him.
    5. Varcron - neutral, nothign special for now
    6. Zedus - 100% town, because I know it.
    7. Stealthbomber16 - strong scum reading, huge shittalking, claiming gf, ignoring questions, no any useful info.
    8. secondpassing- town atm.

Now I prefer to exclude #2 and #8 from my susp list. Yes, this guys still can be mafia fake sheriff+mafia fake titizen, we will think about it later. Now we have more reasons to ask #7, #4 and #1 for revealing.

Well, something like mason confirmation or mayor reveal from someone from scum list will help a lot. I offer you to reveal roles, starting from Stealthbomber16, then Ganelon, then Marshmallow. Or explain why you don't revealing.

22. ISO #122

you don't trust me even after i got your role right
    wait
    did you claim citizen somewhere in the thread already is that why you are suspecting me

Let me elaborate my post.

I believe my appearance was in line with some other players here. Mafia could easily spot that by now and it could have been one of those players instead of me (excluding zedus and SB and potentially varcrom)

Yes, you got my role and alignment correct. Because of this, I feel a little uncomfortable now because I had no intentions on giving you the town pass in all sudden.

You are most probably sheriff in my eyes but then there is still what if simply because we have no idea what's up with rest of the players. I hope that explains my position to you. Nothing personal.

23. ISO #123

Why I think 8 is most likely not mafia? Because this strat is weak, and bakermir is good player. As good player, he will probably refuse this strat in mafia chat and offer something more creative. Well, I still can be wrong, but we have more suspicious persons now to explore, than #2 and #8.

24. ISO #124

Re: Re : Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Sheriff revealing are crucial, especially the way Secondpassing did.
    Bakermir did not reveal any role yet.
    Hence, SP is either going all-in as a scum, or is a real Sheriff.
    I agree Auwt. Sheriff reveal is crucial and I was hoping it happened later, not now.

I don't know how to explain my feelings here.

25. ISO #125

1. @Marshmallow Marshall - like No claim. Solo mason claim with (not true) mark doesn't counts?

Secondpassing+Barkemir can be scum team with easy strat, but not likely for me atm. This is most likely based on Barkemir's actions.

7. Stealthbomber16 - strong scum reading, huge shittalking, claiming gf, ignoring questions, no any useful info.

Now we have more reasons to ask #7, #4 and #1 for revealing.

Well, something like mason confirmation or mayor reveal from someone from scum list will help a lot. I offer you to reveal roles, starting from Stealthbomber16, then Ganelon, then Marshmallow. Or explain why you don't revealing.
    I believe solo mason claim from MM and Godfather claim from SB are jokes, should take it easy.
    The interactions between SP and bakermir is unusual, looks like bakermir didnt even want his role to be revealed, weird.

Honestly, hitting a Citizen right is either full luck or they are SAME SIDED

As for MM and Ganelon, I dont know if they are gonna claim a role, but looking forward to seeing it.

I just hope that SP isnt the only Sheriff out here :/ , but then again, who knows...

Stealth already made a move claiming TPR, in case SB is mayor, does he need to go further atm? I dont really know honestly.

26. ISO #126

Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

I agree Auwt. Sheriff reveal is crucial and I was hoping it happened later, not now.

I don't know how to explain my feelings here.
    The fact is, as a Citizen, I would love to see a Sheriff confirming me like this.
    SP literally dove into it claiming you are Citizen.
    Since you havent revealed anything, weeeeeell...

I would understand you being worried if you had already claimed before SP did.
    But Sheriff claims first and you confirming it, is a great way to make trustful duos, as SB16 said earlier.

27. ISO #127

3. @Auwt - No claim
    4. @Ganelon - No claim
    5. @Varcron - No claim

So, my trust list is

1. Marshmallow Marshall - weak scum reading, protecting #7 for some reason, but saying "I am not protecting him".

Now I prefer to exclude #2 and #8 from my susp list. Yes, this guys still can be mafia fake sheriff+mafia fake titizen, we will think about it later. Now we have more reasons to ask #7, #4 and #1 for revealing.

Correction: I am citizen.

I will ask you some questions about these reads but not now. I need to be away for a bit.

just chill with reading SB as 100% scum at the moment. he is yet to reveal but if you think pressuring him is the right way to go, I won't stop you. but just try to think of the game from his perspective. empathy helps

28. ISO #128

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

The fact is, as a Citizen, I would love to see a Sheriff confirming me like this.
    SP literally dove into it claiming you are Citizen.
    Since you havent revealed anything, weeeeeell...

I would understand you being worried if you had already claimed before SP did.
    But Sheriff claims first and you confirming it, is a great way to make trustful duos, as SB16 said earlier.
    that is quite black and white.

I don't like that way of thinking.

29. ISO #129

I understand baker’s hesitancy. He doesn’t like being tied to another player.

His new reality is now in a duo and it wasn’t how he was expecting to play this game. I think that makes him town. I’m mostly townreading secondpassing through his connection to baker right now.

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

I will ask you some questions about these reads but not now. I need to be away for a bit.

just chill with reading SB as 100% scum at the moment. he is yet to reveal but if you think pressuring him is the right way to go, I won't stop you. but just try to think of the game from his perspective. empathy helps
    oh wait my b
    anyway have to go do errand just like zebus

32. ISO #132

I believe solo mason claim from MM and Godfather claim from SB are jokes, should take it easy.
    That's why they must claim REAL roles now. The "joke" dragged on, it's not funny now. This "joke" is useful mafia strat, and you know it.

Will fix that in next post

Well, it's 21:18 here in Moscow, so I will be offline to sleep soon.

"Empathy" doesnt' work with text message. But his roleclaim will work probably. Better in next post.

33. ISO #133

Re: Re : Re: S-FM 304: Instant Mafia

The interactions between SP and bakermir is unusual, looks like bakermir didnt even want his role to be revealed, weird.

Honestly, hitting a Citizen right is either full luck or they are SAME SIDED

As for MM and Ganelon, I dont know if they are gonna claim a role, but looking forward to seeing it.

I just hope that SP isnt the only Sheriff out here :/ , but then again, who knows...

Stealth already made a move claiming TPR, in case SB is mayor, does he need to go further atm? I dont really know honestly.
    Have you claimed a role yet?

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

That's why they must claim REAL roles now. The "joke" dragged on, it's not funny now. This "joke" is useful mafia strat, and you know it.

Will fix that in next post

Well, it's 21:18 here in Moscow, so I will be offline to sleep soon.

"Empathy" doesnt' work with text message. But his roleclaim will work probably. Better in next post.
    I have not been dragging on this joke for the last half-day. It was a shitpost coming in. The fact that you analyze that as a solid claim and NOT the post immediately after where I said that bakermir was my scumbuddy shows that you are being selective. I do not understand what your confusion is based in. Like, there isn't even a godfather in this setup. We shouldn't have to continue discussing this.

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

We discussing about your role. Claim it now or explain why you refusing it. Stop fooling around.
    I am a TPR. I don't want to claim which yet. I don't think my claiming yet is the best move for town. My claim will have more merit the more claims we have before it.

Telling me to "claim" over and over again won't make me do it. It's kind of having the opposite effect.

We are done discussing my role until I decide to continue the discussion by claiming my role.

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141
    Ganelon

you don’t lynch people out of principle. you lynch them because you want to win. I’m not gonna f to cut my chances of winning just because Varcron happened to role scum this game and I didn’t want them to die die again.
    feeling bad about lynching townies who don’t deserve it?? :P

42. ISO #142
    Ganelon

are you trying to coach him? lol

43. ISO #143

I am a TPR. I don't want to claim which yet. I don't think my claiming yet is the best move for town. My claim will have more merit the more claims we have before it.
    If you are trying to reverse claim Sheriff when somebody will claim Citizen thats sad.

44. ISO #144
    Ganelon

I’m not claiming my role. :P

45. ISO #145
    Ganelon

you don’t lynch people out of principle. you lynch them because you want to win. I’m not gonna f to cut my chances of winning just because Varcron happened to role scum this game and I didn’t want them to die die again.
    feeling bad about lynching townies who don’t deserve it?? :P
    Jesus Christ
    i didn’t know imitating distorted came with mandatory misspellings

46. ISO #146

47. ISO #147
    Ganelon

3. @Auwt - No claim
    4. @Ganelon - No claim
    5. @Varcron - No claim

So, my trust list is

so you scunread everyone who disagrees with you? lol

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

game is slow when all the europeans are asleep.. this is a good indicator of how EoD will go, I guess. that might not be a bad thing?

my opinion is that once we get everyone in here we will want to start doing a rolecall- we can section people off into pairings or trios and it will be easier to find the mafias because they will be put into smaller lynch groups. effectively, we want to border off the mafia. I am interested in other opinions though, except on the rolecall portion because I think that is mandatory with this setup.

I'll start by claiming that I am not citizen but I don't want to reveal my role just yet, I want to see what other claims we get first.
    @Zedus
    Post #8. Your first post was AFTER THIS ONE.

You have no fucking right to be calling people blind after making this egregious mistake.

50. ISO #150