9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Re: I am Foxtrot

I might have to tell if I receive a pizza.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Everyone should lay off powerofdeath gosh, everyone played crappy, especially me. Let's all make fun of Papa instead for failing to hammer someone too!

Support @powerofdeath
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

That's not considered game throwing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    We've been over this. Until @powerofdeath explains how it wasn't game throwing, it was absolutely a throw as it caused his faction to lose.
    So this foxtrot person faked sheriff and lynched someone the same alignment as him?

I didn't follow the game, but it can be beneficial depending on the circumstances. My fake sheriff claim on a town ended up solving the charmander game for my slot based on the reactions of other players. Did his fake claim happen during mylo or just put town further behind?

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    So this foxtrot person faked sheriff and lynched someone the same alignment as him?

I didn't follow the game, but it can be beneficial depending on the circumstances. My fake sheriff claim on a town ended up solving the charmander game for my slot based on the reactions of other players. Did his fake claim happen during mylo or just put town further behind?
    Town was already super boned, and then we got even more boned because no one wanted to lynch lurkers and most of the scum was lurking
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

30. ISO #30

LOL, of course you would find this to be pro-town play given you pulled a similar stunt in Charmander -- fake-claiming Sheriff and getting the actual Sheriff mislynched. That's almost never a good play either, and I don't think Charmander was an exception despite the game's outcome.
    Last edited by DarknessB; May 31st, 2016 at 08:41 AM.

31. ISO #31

I've seen many town players fake a guilty on a scum read in an attempt to garner credibility/ votes.

It's a dumb move and almost-always backfires from my experience, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it game-throwing if that was the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    I've seen many town players fake a guilty on a scum read in an attempt to garner credibility/ votes.

It's a dumb move and almost-always backfires from my experience, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it game-throwing if that was the case here.
    It's one of those kinds of moves that's genius if it works right and dumb as hell when it doesn't, which is 'most of the time' :P
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

33. ISO #33

Err.. I feel awkward saying this for the second time on this forum, but in my first game someone pulled a gambit on me saying they investigated me as guilty when I was innocent. We were both town. He did it to sort me and was successful. Granted it was a C9++, but I think much of the same reasoning was applied with POD.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

34. ISO #34

It's a poor gambit that was ill-conceived and which didn't work out, but not a gamethrow. Otherwise, any lie to the Town could very well be considered a gamethrow as well, including Duck's Sheriff claim in Charmander, Fire's Manager claim in Music, etc. If POD had been right about his scum read, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Pretty much the FM equivalent of randomly executing someone as a Jailor during Night 1 in the mod -- when it goes right, you're a hero, but when it goes wrong, you are the goat.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    It's one of those kinds of moves that's genius if it works right and dumb as hell when it doesn't, which is 'most of the time' :P
    The problem is that everyone thinks they fall into the "genius" category.

When they read these types of things happening, they never think it applies to them and their SICK READS GUISE. They are too good to ever make mistakes.

Case in point, Duck claiming his fake-Sheriff claim helped solve the game. (hint: it got the real Sheriff mislynched and wasted an entire day of chat)
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

37. ISO #37

He didn't fake sheriff. He WAS a sheriff and faked a guilty that led to his team being eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

38. ISO #38

He didn't fake sheriff. He WAS a sheriff and faked a guilty that led to his team being eliminated.
    20 posts and counting. Then you get to be an evil overlord.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

39. ISO #39

Part of it was bad luck, though, wasn't it? I don't remember too much of the earlier days since I replaced in relatively late, but he like... chose one of the exact lurkers among like 5-8 or something that was actually a town LOL RIP
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

40. ISO #40

When they read these types of things happening, they never think it applies to them and their SICK READS GUISE. They are too good to ever make mistakes.

Case in point, Duck claiming his fake-Sheriff claim helped solve the game. (hint: it got the real Sheriff mislynched and wasted an entire day of chat)
    I always assume that people think through things really thoroughly when they do a gambit, then I usually find out that was a bad assumption to make...
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

41. ISO #41

I always assume that people think through things really thoroughly when they do a gambit, then I usually find out that was a bad assumption to make...
    Was FB's Manager fake-claim that traumatising for you, or are you referring to off-site experiences?

42. ISO #42

PoD's action of claiming someone is guilty when they're not is not gamethrowing.

The only questionable thing that was done was including the fake reads in his Tyrell Message to his teammates.

Oops typed Firebringer instead of PoD by mistake due to reading that last comment lol
    Last edited by Cryptonic; May 31st, 2016 at 09:12 AM. Reason: changed name

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

43. ISO #43

Was FB's Manager fake-claim that traumatising for you, or are you referring to off-site experiences?
    Why do people keep assuming that I have off-site experiences? I've only ever played on the sc2mod and back when I played FM here for like a few months several years back...

FB's manager claim actually made a bit of sense as a TPR. I still think it wasn't that smart though, but bleh that's my opinion :P

This sheriff play was pretty traumatizing though :P
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

44. ISO #44

Why do people keep assuming that I have off-site experiences? I've only ever played on the sc2mod and back when I played FM here for like a few months several years back...

FB's manager claim actually made a bit of sense as a TPR. I still think it wasn't that smart though, but bleh that's my opinion :P

For the same reason that people assumed I had off-site experience/ was a smurf when I first joined. cuz u talk well smart innit

I know when I saw that claim that I assumed he was a Citizen, so it worked in that sense.

That's FB for you.

45. ISO #45

Pretty much, it's not worth these desperation plays because they usually backfire. None of us are so special that we are exception to that rule. Play the percentages and don't try to be a hero when the downside is screwing over your faction.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

If you're fake claiming Manager, it'd better be as a Citizen, not as the Sheriff... If FB didn't have a reputation for insane gambits, it could have very easily ended up in one of FB or Whad being lynched that day, which would have been brutal for the Town.

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Pretty much, it's not worth these desperation plays because they usually backfire. None of us are so special that we are exception to that rule. Play the percentages and don't try to be a hero when the downside is screwing over your faction.
    After reading @Helz guide (which I think is a really great one), I believe there is plenty that one can do to stir things up to get a read on someone. That said, using this guide would mean you would know when it is and is not appropriate to pull a gambit to assess someone's alignment. Giving a read for a weak reason is just not strong enough sometimes, I think; doesn't quite have the same kinda punch that a gambit does. So while gambits can be a powerful tool, its not recommended for most setups/players.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    After reading @Helz guide (which I think is a really great one), I believe there is plenty that one can do to stir things up to get a read on someone. That said, using this guide would mean you would know when it is and is not appropriate to pull a gambit to assess someone's alignment. Giving a read for a weak reason is just not strong enough sometimes, I think; doesn't quite have the same kinda punch that a gambit does. So while gambits can be a powerful tool, its not recommended for most setups/players.
    "Lynch all liars" is a real thing for many players. If you make a dumb gambit and are caught on it, your credibility is shot and you might not recover from that given most S-FMs aren't that long and reads are usually based on fluff anyway. If you've actually been caught lying, good luck.

There are certainly times when gambits might be useful / optimal play, but it takes a very skilled and savvy player to pull it off and perhaps, a very tough time in the game when a break is badly needed. Basically, it's hero-ball in my eyes and just not a good way to approach the game most of the time.

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    PoD's action of claiming someone is guilty when they're not is not gamethrowing.

The only questionable thing that was done was including the fake reads in his Tyrell Message to his teammates.

Oops typed Firebringer instead of PoD by mistake due to reading that last comment lol
    I'd rather hear an explanation of why he did it from @powerofdeath himself rather than people apologizing for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho