Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: Right-wing liberalism vs Conservvatism

Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    ‘How can you in good conscience’
    I don’t understand this moralistic tone. It’s not as if the only people
    protesting were the nazis.
    BRO IT WAS A RALLY ORGANIZED BY NAZIS

How hard is it to understand that? Stop beating around that bush and acknowledge that. Stop ignoring the fact that a good person can't attend a nazi rally and stay. Unless you're saying nazis are good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

2. ISO #102
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The timing of the confederate statues suggests it is a reminder to black people of their oppression at a time when they were fighting for their civil rights.
    Why didn’t they put you statues of Jefferson Davis then? Or any other confederate leaders ebo specifically believed in White Supremacy

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

Why didn’t they put you statues of Jefferson Davis then? Or any other confederate leaders ebo specifically believed in White Supremacy
    You are literally taking evidence given to you and discarding it and moving the goal posts here lol

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

7. ISO #107

8. ISO #108
    Ganelon

You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me — I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

9. ISO #109
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Good, those should probably be taken down.
    I can see why one would remove that,
    but I can also see why they wouldn’t want to remove a statue of Robert E Lee.
    Think about it for a sec. Statues of William the Conqueror, right? He is admired by many in the English speaking world. One thing most people don’t know is that he was ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL. It’s a bad example but my point is, people who put up statues of William the Conqeueror aren’t celebrating that aspect of him, but rather, he is a symbol of cultural height and Englishry. R E Lee is a symbol of patriotism and defending ones homeland, even if he was a slave owner. Do I think slavery s good? No, but I think it’s perfectly reasonable to admire a multi-faceted personality like that for some of their virtues.

10. ISO #110

You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me — I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

Man you're still not acknowledging who organized this rally. This wasn't a rally organized by some conservative yet anti-nazi groups man. This rally wasn't promoted as such either. And no one at that rally was rejecting the nazis standing side by side with them. I don't get how you can blindly do that. And you're not flat out denying my point either. You're trying to spin it into "this wasn't a nazi rally" without actually saying the words.

How is this man not booed, hissed at and told to leave by everyone around him? Because they all support him. Because these people belong to white supremacist and white nationalist and nazi groups.

11. ISO #111

Think about it for a sec. Statues of William the Conqueror, right? He is admired by many in the English speaking world. One thing most people don’t know is that he was ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL. It’s a bad example but my point is, people who put up statues of William the Conqeueror aren’t celebrating that aspect of him, but rather, he is a symbol of cultural height and Englishry. R E Lee is a symbol of patriotism and defending ones homeland, even if he was a slave owner. Do I think slavery s good? No, but I think it’s perfectly reasonable to admire a multi-faceted personality like that for some of their virtues.
    Told you he'd move the goal posts. He completely ignored the whole timing of the statues going up point that you guys brought by deflecting, and now that the deflection was beat down he's deflecting again.

12. ISO #112

How is someone who led a civil war to defend the tradition of keeping slaves a "patriot"? What facet of his personality is to be respected?

13. ISO #113
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Man you're still not acknowledging who organized this rally. This wasn't a rally organized by some conservative yet anti-nazi groups man. This rally wasn't promoted as such either. And no one at that rally was rejecting the nazis standing side by side with them. I don't get how you can blindly do that. And you're not flat out denying my point either. You're trying to spin it into "this wasn't a nazi rally" without actually saying the words.

How is this man not booed, hissed at and told to leave by everyone around him? Because they all support him. Because these people belong to white supremacist and white nationalist and nazi groups.
    I’ve honestly gotten extremely salty about this and I think I’ll watch a video of the rally, because I distinctly recall not everyone there being a Nazi.

14. ISO #114
    Ganelon

How is someone who led a civil war to defend the tradition of keeping slaves a "patriot"? What facet of his personality is to be respected?
    He defended his home state, not slavery.

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

I’ve honestly gotten extremely salty about this and I think I’ll watch a video of the rally, because I distinctly recall not everyone there being a Nazi.
    Yes do your research on who organized the rally and what went down there man. Because I will accept that maybe your view of this rally has been twisted by others who have spun the same talking points as you.

But if you do your research and somehow come back here saying the same things, man I dunno.

17. ISO #117

Not really the same but in Australia Ned Kelly the bushranger (outlaw) is regarded generally in good favour. A person can do shitty things but still be respected.

18. ISO #118
    Ganelon

Eh i just read a little about him. He chastised Southerners for insulting freedmen after the war, but he was against granting blacks voting rights. He’s a complicated figure.

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120
    Ganelon

Eh i just read a little about him. He chastised Southerners for insulting freedmen after the war, but he was against granting blacks voting rights. He’s a complicated figure.
    He apparently also expelled students for insulting blacks. He really is a complex character.

21. ISO #121
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I obviously don’t agree with his stance on voting rights.

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123
    Ganelon

Okay I’ve read a little and I guess I was wrong. Actually watched a few videos and uh, yeah they were literally chanting ‘Jews will not replace us’. I think Trump made a mistake by not condemning them properly; he probably assumed as I did that some rallies there weren’t Nazi, though. I sincerely doubt Trump is a white supremacist.

Anyways, with regards to statues, I do think the statues shouldn’t be removed.

24. ISO #124
    Ganelon

I would appreciate it though if you didn’t autonatically assume I was some kind of racist though... really none of the things I say are indicative of it. I have quite a few posts around discussing Nazism and eugenics, and I’d argue it’s oretty clear I’m not a nazi.

25. ISO #125

I would appreciate it though if you didn’t autonatically assume I was some kind of racist though... really none of the things I say are indicative of it. I have quite a few posts around discussing Nazism and eugenics, and I’d argue it’s oretty clear I’m not a nazi.
    I never called you a nazi lol, but a nazi defender. Since you're able to go back and realize that the rally was actually a nazi/white supremacist rally (and I'll believe you that you didn't know that) I'll withdraw that statement. I don't want to assume these things about you of course, but as you can now see that rally was fucked up, so when I see someone defending the "good people" at that rally it riles me up.
    Last edited by BananaCucho; June 22nd, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

26. ISO #126

As far as Trump goes, there's a difference between a rando on the internet and the fucking president. He needs to be held to a higher standard. He's done a piss poor job distancing himself from white supremacy so he can't cry foul when he is labeled as such.

27. ISO #127
    Ganelon

Did you guys know League of Legends is owned by the communist party of china

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    I don't want a communist state, I just don't want the rich having such a disproportionate amount of wealth compared to the majority. That is wealth in all forms - money, power, influence, opportunities. The game is glaringly rigged against the majority and attention is always being focused elsewhere, usually towards the ideological conflicts. Both "sides" are guilty of this.
    This is smart.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

i'd say it baffles me when I see people that proudly wave the confederate flag declare themselves patriots, but it really doesn't when I consider how uninformed and for lack of a better phrase, fuckin' stupid these people are. As oops said, the confederacy was literally a traitor state that rebelled against the U.S. for the right to keep the institution of slavery. Another comparison would be if a Russian national started waving around the soviet flag and declared themselves a freedom fighter.
    People in my state (Washington) wave the Stars & Bars, say somethin' about their heritage or what not, and hang their confederate flags on their trucks. Washington wasn't even a bloody state during the time of the civil war (and if it was it was too underdeveloped and removed from the conflict to have anything to do with it).
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 22nd, 2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

32. ISO #132

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    i'd say it baffles me when I see people that proudly wave the confederate flag declare themselves patriots, but it really doesn't when I consider how uninformed and for lack of a better phrase, fuckin' stupid these people are. As oops said, the confederacy was literally a traitor state that rebelled against U.S. for the right to keep the institution of slavery. Another comparison would be if a Russian national started waving around the soviet flag and declared themselves a freedom fighter.
    People in my state (Washington) wave the Stars & Bars, say somethin' about their heritage or what not, and hang their confederate flags on their trucks. Washington wasn't even a bloody state during the time of the civil war (and if it was it was too underdeveloped and removed from the conflict to have anything to do with it).
    The Confederacy was never acknowledged by the Union. Also, I'm not sure why anyone in Washington would be hanging Confederate flags anyway. In Texas and other states, it's done mostly to show solidarity between other Southern states.

33. ISO #133

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    The Confederacy was never acknowledged by the Union. Also, I'm not sure why anyone in Washington would be hanging Confederate flags anyway. In Texas and other states, it's done mostly to show solidarity between other Southern states.
    No its done by racist dipshits to show how much they hate blacks lmao

34. ISO #134

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Vox is cringe but this piece on Tucker Carlson sums up the wool pulling over the eyes the media does. This tactic isn't exclusive to Tucker or FOX. Better for them that we are mad at each other or just generally ignorant to the pressing matters.
    I like Vox. Quite democratic party leaning though.

35. ISO #135

Did you guys know League of Legends is owned by the communist party of china
    Every company that wishes to do business in China must pledge to be not against communism.

Many companies are openly state-owned.

Some companies claim to not be state-owned, but the majority of shareholders are of the communist party, which make them effectively state-owned (huawei and xiaomi).

The world is an interconnected web, so one could also correctly claim that the NBA and Blizzard and EA are owned by China.
    ::
    League of Legends was bought by Tencent or something.

36. ISO #136

Anyways this is a bit of a rant but my question is:
    What do you feel about the idea that right-wing liberalism has nothing to do with conservatism?
    A second question is, why is the media trying to paint right wingers as immoral nazis?
    Right-wing liberalism and conservatism are inextricably linked, I mean, it's in the phrase.
    As right is:
    a grouping or political party favoring conservative views and supporting capitalist economic principles.
    (https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/right)

I was trying to find out what exactly you meant by righ-wing liberalism, and it seems like your definition is different than that of other people. Wikipedia puts right-wing liberalism with conservative liberalism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_liberalism) but Wikipedia also connects conservative liberalism with religious or philosophy grounding, in which it's supporters believe in man's common goodness as the warrant (warrant: the underlying reason "people" can agree upon) to expand social liberties... but you're not religious nor a philosophy student. Either way, I think most of this site is going to group you into the conservative pile because most of this site is very very liberal. Just don't count me in that group. smileyface

The media paints right wingers as immoral nazis because they want to.

37. ISO #137

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Speaking of the fraud known as Jordan Peterson, isn't he paralyzed from an experimental treatment for benzo addiction?

Why didn't he just clean his room rather than pop benzos?
    Benzodiazepine Abuse Overview
    Benzodiazepines are a type of medication known as tranquilizers. Familiar names include Valium and Xanax. They are some of the most commonly prescribed medications in the United States. Doctors may prescribe a benzodiazepine for the following legitimate medical conditions:

Anxiety
    Insomnia
    Alcohol withdrawal
    Seizure control
    Muscle relaxation
    Inducing amnesia for uncomfortable procedures
    Given before an anesthetic (such as before surgery)

::

I'm sure being attacked on the internet for being a nazi and a troll takes it's toll of those with a strong mental disposition.

38. ISO #138

39. ISO #139

The Robert E Lee has nothing to do with that.
    Its just a guy on horseback.
    The confederacy WAS racist, but these aren’t symbols of racism, theyre symbols of Southern culture. And that isn’t all about racism lol
    The flag is also known as the Stainless Banner, and the matter of the person behind its design remains a point of contention. On April 23, 1863, the Savannah Morning News editor William Tappan Thompson, with assistance from William Ross Postell, a Confederate blockade runner, published an editorial championing a design featuring the battle flag on a white background he referred to later as "The White Man's Flag."[6] In explaining the white background, Thompson wrote, "As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."[1][2][3][4][7][8][9][10]

literally from wikipedia

it's ALL about racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_...tes_of_America

the previous versions had white for white supremacy sdjflsdfsdf then they changed it cuz it looked like a surrender flag
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

40. ISO #140

we've had countless of these threads now and it's always the same people on the same sides. A person on 1 side might say "oh okay I guess I was wrong about that" and yet in the next thread they are still projecting the same opinion.

Rather than continuing to pointlessly do the one side vs. another thing, I'd like to shift the debate to: How can you actually get anybody on the "other side" to TAKE IN anything you have to say? What can be done to reduce the "us vs. them" mentality that is so rampant?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

41. ISO #141

we've had countless of these threads now and it's always the same people on the same sides. A person on 1 side might say "oh okay I guess I was wrong about that" and yet in the next thread they are still projecting the same opinion.

Rather than continuing to pointlessly do the one side vs. another thing, I'd like to shift the debate to: How can you actually get anybody on the "other side" to TAKE IN anything you have to say? What can be done to reduce the "us vs. them" mentality that is so rampant?
    "Good people on both sides"

42. ISO #142

I don't know. But I know its possible. Some of my staunchly conservative family members that have previously said ridiculous things such as "blacks are the real racists" are now in agreement with BLM and some sort of police reform. And I'll I've ever done in the past is try to counter their arguments with data and sources. Since they never seem to have any lol.

43. ISO #143

No its done by racist dipshits to show how much they hate blacks lmao
    I've never reached that conclusion except with the occasional hillbilly in his Tonka Truck smoking meth. Anecdotes aside, I dont see it as an issue. How different is it than Antifa holding a sword and sickle flag? Who id add was a recognized nation. People have respect, animosity and some deep focus to regress to the past -- even if that past was not so great. This is seen in both left and right politics.

I think the focus on the past, racially, politically and hell, globally is what sets us back from creating any real progress that people hope to achieve. I'm aware of the quote, when we don't learn from our past -- yes whatever. But what do we get as a society, anywhere, when we do not get past it and redeem ourselves eventually? If I'm half white and black, does that make me half slave owner? Do I owe half the money in reperations? Do I get half the money, cut it even? Do I have half white privilege? Half white guilt? When does it fucking stop? This is an unwinnable war for everyone.

Its for these reasons that, its - difficult to come to a resolution. Because Racism, amongst others, is a complicated concept.

44. ISO #144

But here's one solution:

Combat the issue directly. Find the foundation of the problem and do your best to eliminate it. Thats it. This is certainly (as to the credit of Rumox) an economical issue. But that's half of the story that perpetuates the media. Because its a problem within our communites that nobody feels warranted enough to talk about. And it should not be.

45. ISO #145

And to elaborate, who am I as a human (or minority) to criticize you on your white priveledge? Why would I make the topic 'white vs everyone else?' That assumes I know every part of how extraordinary lucky (but omitting unlucky) you were and that I cannot attain it. Or rather that these are unattainable by minorities. It's flawed and its a demoralizing beacon. But now, we burn our history and our culture for what? To send a message that won't be recieved? How does this fix the issues of our communities? How does threatening the fabric of our safety of our children, family and friends fix these problems?

46. ISO #146

If you're incapable of some satire, what I'm saying is there are a few racial constructs that I do not believe in. (Also my views do not represent sc2mafia in any way omegalul) But if people wanna bring this up and go half hearted on what the problem of racism is, where it stems from and how we can work together to fix it, the dialogue needs to be open.

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Members who have read this thread: 1