S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 200: Mafia Wars II

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline Crazy Dealers View Post
    WE DON'T KNOW WHO THE SCUM ARE OR WHAT THEY'LL DO.

SCUM WILL NOT TELL THE TRUTH.

IT'S A WASTE OF TIME.

STOP.
    I am bloody telling you what they would not pick unless they are idiots.
    We can assume they are some tpr and not citizens.
    Last I checked we have 11 players who aren't luciano meaning that they can speculate.
    LETS MOVE GAME IN RIGHT DIRECTION.

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    GET= Between the three posts made, they haven't provided anything and have been mostly attacks on people.

Shifty seems to be getting scum read due to that post about Luciano over the FBI. It just doesn't seem to me like something that a scum would say, mostly because it would be too obvious and Scum would be more likely to over think their comments especially around the beginning when points are being made.

Logically insane is a very light town read (should have specified) because I can see where they are headed but they don't have a lot posted. I think they would be ranked at my #2 slot, though most people are null on my list due to the lack of posting (understandable)
    In regards to Shifty, how are you reading his other comments? Because I don't see how you can see those as null, so please tell me your thoughts on those.

3. ISO #253

Quote Originally Posted by Logically Insane View Post
    Other player On This Archon, Please Talk With This Guy Outside of Game To Stop Shitposting or you will be policy lynched for literal shitposting for 3 pages when people are actually trying to have discussion.
    Suggesting policy lynching at an advanced stage of the game os anti town.

4. ISO #254

Last I checked we have 11 players who aren't luciano meaning that they can speculate.

No. Catch up and post your reads on the PLAYERS.

You can piss off if you think we're SETUP SPECULATING. Reads or GTFO, noob.

5. ISO #255

Quote Originally Posted by SexyDucK View Post
    Why am I null and not scum based on your previous reads on me this game?
    Because I haven't been sure where to put your behaviour this game. Using the mets I have seen you play both scum and town. The new behaviour is odd because I'm used to you tunnelling me, but I don't know if I can consider this a strong scum read. It also helps to consider that you are active for the most part and are willing to cooperate usually.

6. ISO #256

could I be a TPR and claim mafioso? They can claim roles they didn't select, or claim VT. We can't assume they are any role. The fact you think tailor is the high priority role in this save is odd as well.

-Duck

7. ISO #257

Are you afraid that you cannot properly speculate since you already know you're role?
    I mean if one of them flips we can see if any of the speculations seemed to be pschological or mindgames. Also It's d1, No one get's hard reads unless stupidity happens.

This was literally gone over the last mafia wars and if the players did they could've caught scum much earlier.

8. ISO #258

Logically Insane isn't null.

Kovath has done nothing that he wouldn't do as any alignment. He's posting like the usual.

"I didn't ask anyone to comment" - What fucking logic is this?

It's not a policy lynch. I think you are scum purposely avoiding the discussion. Massive difference.

I'll take prissy as a compliment.
    Sorry, I meant your read on PTB, the Null part was only for Kovath.

9. ISO #259

You literally said "this player is probably converted" when that ISN'T POSSIBLE.

What posts stand out to you? What players could be scum to you? Any early town reads? LITERALLY ANYTHING RELEVANT.
    No, I didn't literally say that, I said that if they're found out using their ability (which could be anytime from night 1 forward till the end of the game) they're scum. I never specifically mentioned night 0 or or day 1.

10. ISO #260

11. ISO #261

could I be a TPR and claim mafioso? They can claim roles they didn't select, or claim VT. We can't assume they are any role. The fact you think tailor is the high priority role in this save is odd as well.

-Duck
    There were double tailors from reading the last game. I wonder why I think it's probable.
    I am literally saying there is no reason to think they picked cit even for mindgames.
    Therefore we should assume that both of them can take night actions.

It's also a good idea to recognize that they might have double kidnapper so lynching is probably optimal.

If for nothign else what I'm saying is that We need to be fully aware of what may happen if we pursue certain courses such as not lynching people simply because they were shown as citizens in feedback or not lynching on certain days(they are bad)

I don't trust certain people to have read the setup thoroughly and thought of these outcomes.

12. ISO #262

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    No, I didn't literally say that, I said that if they're found out using their ability (which could be anytime from night 1 forward till the end of the game) they're scum. I never specifically mentioned night 0 or or day 1.
    That did not translate well from this post:

Honestly, I think we can assume that they've been converted if one of those roles are found out having used their ability. Only benefits non-town.
    Now can you kindly stop focusing purely on yourself and focus on the other players? Don't even give me the "I have no thoughts to share" schtick. I've had enough of that kind of nonsense.

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

There were double tailors from reading the last game. I wonder why I think it's probable.
    I am literally saying there is no reason to think they picked cit even for mindgames.
    Therefore we should assume that both of them can take night actions.

It's also a good idea to recognize that they might have double kidnapper so lynching is probably optimal.

If for nothign else what I'm saying is that We need to be fully aware of what may happen if we pursue certain courses such as not lynching people simply because they were shown as citizens in feedback or not lynching on certain days(they are bad)

I don't trust certain people to have read the setup thoroughly and thought of these outcomes.
    so you dont trust yourself, because you just listed multiple possible outcomes. Also why do you care about what roles the luciano's picked in mafia wars I. The only incentive you have for this is to determine what role YOU should pick this game based on how it played out last game. This is a new group of players, and the luciano's pick from game1 should have no influence on a town.

-DucK

15. ISO #265

so you dont trust yourself, because you just listed multiple possible outcomes. Also why do you care about what roles the luciano's picked in mafia wars I. The only incentive you have for this is to determine what role YOU should pick this game based on how it played out last game. This is a new group of players, and the luciano's pick from game1 should have no influence on a town.

-DucK
    Oh my GOD

Lucianos choose their roles on NIGHT ZERO

Stop wasting time on this retarded fucking speculation. It is reliant on WHO THE SCUM ARE.

Want to know the BESTEST FUCKING WAY TO KNOW THE ROLES CHOSEN?

LYNCH SCUM. VIA SCUM-HUNTING.

HINT HINT.

16. ISO #266

Oh my GOD

Lucianos choose their roles on NIGHT ZERO

Stop wasting time on this retarded fucking speculation. It is reliant on WHO THE SCUM ARE.

Want to know the BESTEST FUCKING WAY TO KNOW THE ROLES CHOSEN?

LYNCH SCUM. VIA SCUM-HUNTING.

HINT HINT.
    thats what I said...

17. ISO #267

In regards to Shifty, how are you reading his other comments? Because I don't see how you can see those as null, so please tell me your thoughts on those.
    Shifty:
    Honestly, I think we can assume that they've been converted if one of those roles are found out having used their ability. Only benefits non-town.
    I don't think i agree with this, but merely because it wasn't checked before commented on. Makes me believe that they just did not look at the set up a ton.

Did I say otherwise?

Also, I haven't even begun working on a reads list considering all the shitposting and banter during day 1. And my setup spec post was a what seems to be a vain attempt to move the game in the right direciton.
    I think this is a lousy excuse to get out of having to provide any information, but it isn't enough for me to get a strong scum lean. I am expecting these excuses to end later on in the game because i can easily provide reads on anyone even with the Shit posting.

What points are against me? Excluding a faction from an opening post with no real substance what so ever? My post wouldn't have such a nice ring to it if I included FBI.
    Why does this post appear? I don't understand why your post needs to have a nice 'ring' to it. It makes me just believe this is a shit post with little value, but could also be looked at in the ways of a lousy defense. Perhaps they just messed up really badly and have nothing to say to defend themselves against everyone else.

I think this post is covering a slip or there is a misunderstanding. You DID state that you thought they would have been converted, don't know why you are denying it. Did you read what you said? You didn't mention a day, but when you said "they must have been converted" you can't seriously be planning ahead.

Overall, less confident about my null read, glad i looked through this more.

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

I was talking more to PTB, but you made the Luciano comment even though they already have their roles.
    I was trying to make a point that it is odd for a town to have read the previous mafia wars specifically to look up what roles the mafia took. Because of what we have been saying, that it is reliant on who the scum are that it only benefits the lucianos this game to look up previously selected roles.

-DucK

20. ISO #270

I was talking more to PTB, but you made the Luciano comment even though they already have their roles.
    The point was they already have their roles so speculation can't help them if they *were* idiots.
    Since Apparently This group is highly against role speculation(let's not learn stuff from reading previous game of this setup)
    I'll stop.
    ~

21. ISO #271

I was trying to make a point that it is odd for a town to have read the previous mafia wars specifically to look up what roles the mafia took. Because of what we have been saying, that it is reliant on who the scum are that it only benefits the lucianos this game to look up previously selected roles.

-DucK
    I believe Paladin (a player in the previous game) is also posting, so that's a false alarm.

22. ISO #272

-DucK
    Looking at previous games of this setup and how it goes is good last I checked.
    I mean any information is good information.
    We also have some people who played in that last game so meta applies.

I recommend that most people skim through the major parts.

23. ISO #273

I don't think i agree with this, but merely because it wasn't checked before commented on. Makes me believe that they just did not look at the set up a ton.
    Ok.. so in what way do you suggest is a Tailor, Janitor or Drug Dealer is useful to town?

24. ISO #274

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

Logically Insane (1 [L-6]):
    Kovath
    Shifty (2 [L-5]):
    Borderline Crazy Dealers, SexyDucK
    SexyDucK (2 [L-5]):
    Shifty, God Emperor Trudeau
    Voss (1 [L-6]):
    Unknown1234
    Sino (1 [L-6]):
    G4slight
    Borderline Crazy Dealers (1 [L-6]):
    Logically Insane

Please remove your RVS votes as soon as possible and get them on actual scum-reads.

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

Explan how they are useful to town.
    I can see very rare situations of tailor and drug dealer but not janitor.
    Okay nevermind I misread the janitor rolecard. I thought they had a choice to de-sanitize sanitized targets.
    Drug Dealer can fuck up FBI Agent. Tailor can help mask role, possibly although unlikely helping town from a host meta perspective.

29. ISO #279

Okay nevermind I misread the janitor rolecard. I thought they had a choice to de-sanitize sanitized targets.
    Drug Dealer can fuck up FBI Agent. Tailor can help mask role, possibly although unlikely helping town from a host meta perspective.
    Tailor can tailor consig/gf is how tailor helps town.

30. ISO #280

IIOA, misinformation, waffling, no reads or comments on anyone and we're coming up to 300 posts...can you get any more obvious?

More votes on Shifty please.

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

IIOA, misinformation, waffling, no reads or comments on anyone and we're coming up to 300 posts...can you get any more obvious?

More votes on Shifty please.
    Quick push for a lynch there. It would be better to let it air dry a bit, instead of quickly piling on votes and allowing a hammer to sneak in.

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

Quick push for a lynch there. It would be better to let it air dry a bit, instead of quickly piling on votes and allowing a hammer to sneak in.
    He has two votes, which is NOWHERE near hammer range. Secondly, nobody is going to hammer because that will instantly guarantee a shit-load of suspicion on them the next day.

Care to share your scum-reads, lovie?

35. ISO #285

36. ISO #286

A ton of posts, so I'm going to organize this in accordance to who I responded to

Also people referring to logically insane as PTB is really annoying

Spoiler : Kovath :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    I did a simple google search of "dead Toothless" and got images far better for the purpose than the derpy one you're using right now.

So you're telling me that you didn't even try at all to actually find an image, or that you were lying to Duck earlier. Hm?
    What is the point of this. Really who the fuck cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    I'm asking questions and making observations about what content currently exists, which is admittedly shitty content, which in turn generates reactions and actual content.

I'm getting the vibe that you're trying too hard to seem pro-towny and useful at the moment. Still null-reading you but I'll keep it in mind.
    I can't remember at this point who was generating the shit content besides duck, but that previous comment indicates that you might be one of them.

Spoiler : Unknown :
    Because I haven't been sure where to put your behaviour this game. Using the mets I have seen you play both scum and town. The new behaviour is odd because I'm used to you tunnelling me, but I don't know if I can consider this a strong scum read. It also helps to consider that you are active for the most part and are willing to cooperate usually.
    werent you just telling people to stop using meta references?

It could still be lurking, usually I see a post from people saying they are catching up or something. Plus mentioning them usually makes them more inclined to participate
    I'm not going to do that.

Spoiler : SexyDuck :
    Hey you up for some what the fuck was your initial post speculation?
    Why are you concerned about the lucianos, and not the FBI?
    I really get a try hard from your post in a bad way. Why would anyone admit to not being concerned about FBI, which is the way you phrased the question. It's like you're looking to cause slips.

you dont have logical reasoning.

I will humor your stupid idea though. No we should not fucking lynch based on a role, we lynch based on who we think is the most likely to be a fucking hit.
    great obvious comment. I don't get the vibe that Joker dude is really insinuating that joker wants to lynch people off role, because it's a stupid idea. Why would you think that he would have that?

If you keep this trolly joker shit up I am policy lynching you, this is your only warning. yes I make the sole decision on this.
    I like logically insane at this point. a lot.

Spoiler : LogicallyInsane :

Other player On This Archon, Please Talk With This Guy Outside of Game To Stop Shitposting or you will be policy lynched for literal shitposting for 3 pages when people are actually trying to have discussion.
    I'd back you on this.

Looking at previous games of this setup and how it goes is good last I checked.
    I mean any information is good information.
    We also have some people who played in that last game so meta applies.

I recommend that most people skim through the major parts.
    I think you're being the most helpful right now, instead of bullying people for reads. I mean, I'll gladly give mine, but it's going to be very gutty and not much reasoning behind it.

Spoiler : Shifty :
    Anyone up for some setup speculation?
    Are there going to be two tailors like last time?
    I can't believe how hard you were beaten for this.

Spoiler : Borderline CrazyDealers :

Yo Duck, got a question. Are you actively focusing on meta as a reason to read people this game?

Because I feel like you're going back to meta too much. I'm not saying that meta by itself is a bad thing, nor am I considering this a scum tell; I just think you are getting caught up in them the way you're using them right now.

I don't like the way you were so wordy here. Why do you feel the need to really justify that you dont scum or town read him for his use of meta? Also, what just hit me writing this, is that you're not scum hunting here, because you said 'you dont scum read him' for talking about meta. So what's the point of this anyway?

We have bickered for quite a while - you have nothing alignment-indicative at all from that?

- Calix
    Not really. I'm getting more vibes differently.

WE DON'T KNOW WHO THE SCUM ARE OR WHAT THEY'LL DO.

SCUM WILL NOT TELL THE TRUTH.

IT'S A WASTE OF TIME.

STOP.
    I think this is valuable, speculating on stuff that ALREADY happened. Gives me some new ideas and perspectives on how roles could have been used

You have stated multiple times my way of posting is very unique and that it was obvious Toadette = Banana, but now you can't pick out my posts when Kovath himself stated they are obvious? So were you just talking out of your ass earlier and you really can't pick me out without a signature?
    Why does this matter? Or am i just ruining the point of archon/hydra gaming?

Again, how is being 'defensive' or 'riled up' scummy?
    Isn't defensive kinda a mafia lean? Especially overly defensive?

Cult cannot convert until N1.

Can you post your reads on everyone who has posted? Can you explain why you made your setup spec post?
    I was satisfied with his setup spec post. Idk, I think the posting reads thing is kinda obnoxious. Would you rather me just keep posting who I think is scum in every post? Like these are my top 3 lynch candidates?

Spoiler : Voss :

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I'm going to reread this day, but this is a good post and this is my way of bookmarking it
    I reread the post, and it turns out I misread it and wuold have been grasping at straws.

I'd also like to add that Shifty was the post that turned the game around into something that I could actually follow.

FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

37. ISO #287

Tailor can tailor consig/gf is how tailor helps town.
    how...? Maybe i'm just really sleep deprived but why would we want to believe GF is still in the game, or not.?..

38. ISO #288

We will get to the lurkers in due time, but for now what are your reads?
    oh boy don't even get me started on lurkers. i'll go ape shit.

to anyone that remembers:
    -Charlie 2016!

39. ISO #289

Logically Insane (1 [L-6]):
    Kovath
    Shifty (2 [L-5]):
    Borderline Crazy Dealers, SexyDucK
    SexyDucK (2 [L-5]):
    Shifty, God Emperor Trudeau
    Voss (1 [L-6]):
    Unknown1234
    Sino (1 [L-6]):
    G4slight
    Borderline Crazy Dealers (1 [L-6]):
    Logically Insane

Please remove your RVS votes as soon as possible and get them on actual scum-reads.
    I wrote a program that reads through threads and collects votes. If anyone wants a vote Count analysis from any point in the game, lemme know.

40. ISO #290

@Voss

If you don't give reads and pressure your scum-reads or whatnot, then how DO you play the game? This isn't a disparaging comment, I am genuinely curious.

From your post, it sounds like you focus more on mechanics.

Defensiveness isn't a scum tell. NOBODY wants to get lynched.

I'm thinking you are town for openly refusing to conform though, while not using it as an excuse to be useless.

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

how...? Maybe i'm just really sleep deprived but why would we want to believe GF is still in the game, or not.?..
    Scum want to hit GF. A scum may be stupid and claim something. If they think GF is still in the game they are more wary of saying a false lead on someone's role.

43. ISO #293

@Voss

If you don't give reads and pressure your scum-reads or whatnot, then how DO you play the game? This isn't a disparaging comment, I am genuinely curious.

From your post, it sounds like you focus more on mechanics.
    I do give reads, but I've never really gotten positive feedback from them. I also think I've never actually pressured someone on forum mafia, which is something I should change. I'm not sure I like bringing in my own perspective on my meta is something that'll help the game quality though, so I'll only pursue this line of thought if pressured for it.

@Voss

Defensiveness isn't a scum tell. NOBODY wants to get lynched.
    Fine, true, defensiveness isn't a scum tell, but overly defensive, I can see it as scumleaning still. Anyway, looking back, the context of that post had more to do with SexyDuck, and it has to do with 'previous games' and it gives me an overall negative feeling.

44. ISO #294

Scum want to hit GF. A scum may be stupid and claim something. If they think GF is still in the game they are more wary of saying a false lead on someone's role.
    Can we not try to justify Tailors/ Janitors using their roles? This is just giving any scum Tailors/ Janitors room to justify their actions. It's a better move to treat them as Citizens.

Drug Dealer should only use their 'no feedback' action on N1 on someone that might be Culted, and even that's a long shot.

45. ISO #295

I still don't quite get it, but I think any further talk on this might be helping scum.

46. ISO #296

Can we not try to justify Tailors/ Janitors using their roles? This is just giving any scum Tailors/ Janitors room to justify their actions. It's a better move to treat them as Citizens.

Drug Dealer should only use their 'no feedback' action on N1 on someone that might be Culted, and even that's a long shot.
    Yes, Do Not Use These Roles Unless You are illogically insane(logically insane is different), hacked the accounts(plz don't), or want to be the scummiest player possible

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

I do give reads, but I've never really gotten positive feedback from them. I also think I've never actually pressured someone on forum mafia, which is something I should change. I'm not sure I like bringing in my own perspective on my meta is something that'll help the game quality though, so I'll only pursue this line of thought if pressured for it.

Fine, true, defensiveness isn't a scum tell, but overly defensive, I can see it as scumleaning still. Anyway, looking back, the context of that post had more to do with SexyDuck, and it has to do with 'previous games' and it gives me an overall negative feeling.
    I don't know how site meta used to be, which is what you seem to be using as your frame of reference. I guess you will pick it up though.

I won't bother you about your meta then.

Most of the points you made can be explained with meta/ context. However, I'm not going to provide that for reasons stated earlier.

49. ISO #299

@Voss

What is your alignment read on me? You mentioned you had a try hard/negative feeling and that I was trying to cause slips. Why is causing slips bad?

Why do you like the joker slot. They stated they want to cause chaos and are looking at what ifs rather than scum hunting or giving their reads.

-duck

50. ISO #300

Why the hell did people spend so much time speculating about Luciano roles when that has no relation to our objective, which should be lynching scum today? And why are people trying to direct night actions for that matter either?

Defensiveness isn't a scumtell BECAUSE many people see it as justification to scumlean or scumread people. When players are more experienced, and knowing the previous statement, they choose whether to be defensive or not, not because they just happen to feel defensive. That's my view on it.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code